• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Jjinka High School

Slade solemnly nodded in agreement, even he recognizing the danger of the book falling into the wrong hands. "Yeah, I hear ya. Once I have the locket back, I'd probably end up forgetting this thing exists." He mulled something over in his mind. This book is indeed a big deal, but not what he should be focusing on right now. Yet no matter how he looks at it, the "Magmar" is the only solid lead he has. "I don't know Felix... I'm thinking that, traceable scent or not, we could at least look for something around where I lost that Magmar. What do you think?"

Last edited:
"Sure, let's do that." Felix said, sort of nervously. Quickly putting the book underneath his bed, he walked over to the doorway, opened the door, and stood, waiting for Slade to lead the way to where he lost the 'Magmar'. The possibilities still resounded within Felix's head. Illusions? Ghosts? Hypnosis? Transforming? I can't even begin to comprehend the magnitude of this situation... He also thought keeping the book under the bed was a better idea than bringing it with him, but it might disappear... He held his fingers crossed and hoped for the best.

The Zangoose rose from his seat, exiting the room, a new concern demanding his attention. "Hey uh, you think we should let the others know. If so, maybe you could tell em. I could wait a minute." Slade folded his arms, trying to look nonchalant but actually reluctant to assemble everyone himself.

"Yea, I'll go get them. You go on ahead and we'll meet you where you found this 'Magmar' guy, okay?" Felix reassuringly gave Slade a thumbs up and he walked over to Winter's door.

Okay, not gonna tell them about the book yet. Unless they ask. Why would they ask!? Okay, okay, just gonna open the door and tell her where we're going. Hopefully she'll help out. I also have to go get Sol... Felix contemplated how he was going to approach this situation. So far, almost every meeting with more than one person has ended with him looking like an idiot, but after reading the book on embarrassment prevention about 20 times, he was ready to try again. He approached the door to Winter's room, and knocked twice. "Hey Winter, it's me, Felix. Are you there?" Felix said, trying not to be too loud, but still loud enough to be heard through the door.

[OOC - Now, I believe, would be a pretty good time for a small break. That will give everyone who's interested a chance to join in and me an opportunity to work on a piece for a bit later (Hopefully it works out). I'd say that by the time I'm finished with it, enough time would have passed and I'd suggest we move along.]

Slade reciprocated the thumbs up, very much relieved that Felix will handle this particular matter. Whatever the Honchcrow might have thought about himself, Slade knew that between the two of them, Felix was definitely the most personable and most likely to successfully rally everyone together. In a controlled jog, Slade made his way for the library adjacent hallway he chased the "Magmar" down, unsure what he'd find.

[OOC - I recognize that I shouldn't be overusing OOC chat for unimportant matters. However, I believe that communication is as vital to the health of thread as plot is. I don't mind saying that I've never done anything like what I plan on unavailing before. Unsurprisingly, it's taking me a while and I project that it'll still take me a day or so, meaning that it should be ready on Monday. Thanks for the patience if you were honestly waiting. Sorry for all the OOC chat, and see ya later dudes.]

Slade stopped to survey the area where he gave up the initial chase. There were less people compared to earlier, which at least afforded him the opportunity to inspect at his leisure, not that he would have had much luck in either case. If this guy could look like anything, am I suppose to suspect everything!? he thought, the preposterous idea making him agitated. He continued to examine the hallway for anything unusual, coming up short.

"Are you sure about this?" asked a nearby Nuzleaf to his friend.

"Sure I am," the Corsola reiterated, pulling him by the sleeve and pointing to a janitor's closet. "I saw it with my own eyes. The janitor walked in but he didn't come out. I even knocked, but there was no answer."

"What? No way. Come off it." he said in disbelief.

"It's true!" she huffed, defending her story despite his refutations.

Slade's twig appeared to perk up and he proceeded to interrupt the pair. "Hey. You're saying there's something up with this closet?"

"Yes! That's exactly it!" the Corsola exclaimed, delightfully excited that someone would listen to her. She pushed her friend aside and moved along with Slade to the locked closet door. "I know there's something special about it. I just need to get it open."

"Mary, why are you telling this guy. You don't know him," the Nuzleaf objected, crossing his arms and looking Slade over, suspicious of the rather crass looking Zangoose, who was clearly not in the mood of being called out.

"I know he's listening to me," she pointed out, waving the Nuzleaf away. "You don't have to be here, okay?"

"No, it's not okay. This is not okay. Are you listening to yourself? You're talking about breaking into a cleaning closet and for what?" he questioned, dismayed at how far she was willing to go for something he believed so unimportant. "You're going to get in trouble again and this time I won't be there to bail you out," he said earnestly.

"I never asked you to!" Mary cut back.

The Nuzleaf recoiled back noticeably. "Th-that's because, well- um, you... (Ahem) Y-you never needed to..." he looked away frantically and ran as fast as he could down the next corner.

"Hey! Gary wait!" the Corsola shouted after him, a wave of regret falling over her.

Slade was silent throughout their domestic bickering and although he clearly wasn't about to interfere with it, it did give him pause for thought. He himself was here because he needed to, in order to get back what was taken from him. For whatever reason, doing so may call for him to cross certain lines. And at a certain point, the question will stop being "What lines is he willing to cross?" but rather "What lines will he draw behind him?" Thoughts to this affect troubled him and felt as though they demanded an immediate response on his part.

"I think you better go after him," Slade uttered plainly, his expression reflecting his words.

"Uh yeah, maybe you're right..." She looked back to him for a second. "But what should we do with..." Mary motioned at the door.

"I'll take care of it."

"Then you'll need this," she smiled faintly, tossing the Zangoose her lockpick. "You don't look like you do this very often so you probably don't have one of your own, huh?"

"Thanks. I'll give it back to..." Slade started until he saw her shaking her head.

"Na. You keep it. I have plenty." She began to back towards the direction of her friend. "My name's Mary by the way. Yours?"

"Slade," He nodded, soberly.

"Well Slade. Tell me if you find anything okay?" the Corsola playfully ordered, then turning to run after the Nuzleaf.

Slade flipped the lockpick in his hand. He sighed to himself, getting right to work on the door. This may very well be where the shapeshifter went. But he needed to work fast before more people could see what he was doing.

[OOC : My next post will contain my special project. I'll likely pull an all-niter to get it done.]

[OOC - The following is a grid-based map layout of a particular section of underground. I apologize for the crudeness and how it's not to scale. The map is separated into different parts and rooms. The light-grey squares signify basic walkable terrain whereas black squares represent featureless void outside the play-space. Room boundaries are set by brown dividing lines. Generally, lime green squares show the spaces where you may exit one room and enter another with a dark green "door" between them. It is unstated, but light blue dividing lines (as seen near the "1" icon on the right side of the map) are meant to represent glass that the player can see through. Purple dividing lines are in place of doors of some kind that, for whatever reason, cannot be opened normally (if they were suppose to in the first place. All should have an icon near them that will provide exact information). Red squares represent spaces that cannot under any circumstances be passed through. Dark blue objects, whether icons or spaces, designate the entrance and exit of a map. In this case, the participants will enter via the blue, stair-like icon on the top right of the map. Also present in some rooms are orange objects of differing sizes and shapes. They denote room fixtures and the like. Their exact purpose and usefulness varies.

Now onto the subject of letter and number icons. Letter icons (from A to J) are given to each room and area. Read under them for info on each room. Number icons (from 1 to19, in no particular order) are given to points of interest. Read under them as they are reached in play for information, instructions on how to proceed, certain items, etc. To keep track of the icons, I color-coded them as either blue or magenta. But that only really refers to the nature of their information and doesn't serve a vital purpose beyond that.

Important note: As much as I'd like to do otherwise, this map was meant to be linear and to be played methodically as opposed to it just being rushed through as quickly as possible. I am open, however, to anyone that wants to include in it their own ideas as to what else we find, in what is basically an old, mostly abandoned section of an underground facility. For instance, icon "9" of area "G" is meant to be a lost diary for flavor text and icon "2" of area "B" is suppose to be a closet where we find working flashlights. Those are some of the things that I thought of. So small things like that within reason - I'm open for. But I'd rather the group not be majorly diverted to another plot entirely. I'd like our primary objective to be getting access to the rightmost blue spaces passed icon "1". I'll ask that everyone please roleplay as naturally as they can even in my absence. I would also request that I be present by the time icon "17" is reached. Thanks again for making it here with me guys. Good luck to all of us, eh? :up:]

Part 1 - The Map

Grid #1 - PMGH Underground Base - Abandoned Area.png

[Icon Info to be included in next post.]

After waiting a bit for Winter to appear, he realized he needed to get Sol as well. Cautiously, he walked over to Sol's door, and knocked on it. He kept a watchful eye on Winter's door, just in case there was an answer. "Sol! Are you there?" Felix called out through the closed door. He hoped Sol wasn't training at the moment, because the training equipment was pretty loud. I wonder how Slade is doing, whatever it was he was doing anyways. He thought to himself, letting his focus slowly slip away until he was blankly staring at Sol's door.

(Sorry!!! I am a busy person. xD)

Winter heard a knock at the door. She quickly wiped all signs of nervousness, or worry from her face, as she approached the door, and opened it. She looked to the right first, but saw no one. Then she looked to the left, and saw not Slade, but Felix this time. "Oh, hi Felix! Ha, I remembered your name this time." She said, as she giggled slightly at her silly comment.

(It's fine, I'm not the kind of person who would be super pushy about people. No need to worry xD)

Noticing Winter open her door, Felix made his way over to her. "Hey Winter," he said calmly, "I'm sorry to disturb you, but Slade wanted me to gather everyone. We're going to investigate the area where he found the 'Magmar' guy. I'll meet you there if you are going, because I still need to get Sol." Instinctively, Felix lifted his fedora and rotated it a bit. "Will you be there?" Felix asked with a close-eyed smile.

Part 2 - Icon Information

A small, dark room greets you at the bottom of the ladder. It's colder in comparison to the school in both temperature and vibe. A single candle hanging on the wall provides dim yet serviceable light. The door ahead seems of simple design.

A room double in size compared to its predecessor. However it is substantially darker. There is a working, battery-powered, electric lantern on the long table between the door you entered from and the door of similar make ahead of you. By the opposing door are heavy-duty windows, faded over time. Three industrial, metal crates averaging about 180 lbs each lay on the ground. They measure 4 ft on every dimension. There isn't an easily discernible way to open them.
A closet containing, among other things, a minimum of four functioning flashlights.
Air duct gratings large enough for a person to crawl through. It is approximately 9 ft from the ground.

A segment of a hallway. It would be completely shrouded in darkness if not for the minuscule, blinking lights from the access pad by the massive doorway to your left.
The state of the art barrier that impedes your progress to this facility is very much immune to many if not all manner of forceful entry. However there is a powered access panel adjacent that has both a slit for an appropriate keycard and a variety of retina reading software.
Heavy debris block your path. Attempts to move any of it aside would be inadvisable as the wrong shift in weight may cause more rubble to fall from the ceiling.
Opposite the door you came in is a long pane of reinforced glass at around the upper torso level. The other room is likely a sort of control room. Unfortunately, the armored door to it is locked from the other side.

Inside a cramped air duct that hasn't been in use for quite some time. The dust alone will definitely leave marks on whatever comes in contact with the sides. Those of a predisposition towards claustrophobia will find this leg most challenging.

A storage room in total darkness. The power is out and, judging from the decrepit surroundings, likely have been for some time.
Like the way you came in, this end of the duct has a grating screwed in place that will have to be dealt with before you enter the room.

A room similarly lost to time. It's purpose now is unclear but it would have lead to the main hallway if not for the sizable amount of rubble blocking the door. It is essentially a dead end. Perhaps something left behind may prove useful.
Fragments of the ceiling and wall have collapsed over what would have been a very serviceable doorway.

Apparently, whatever outfit this place was a part of arranged for staff to be housed on site. Said staff are long since gone, but directly ahead are a table and chair set. Against either wall are sets of bunk beds that accommodated up to twelve members at any one time.
Under this particular bottom bunk, you find a staff member's personal journal. It is in lackluster condition, with many pages severely damaged if not missing not to mention the withered binding that threatens to give way if not handled correctly. What can be deduced and gathered is that the owner was a part of the construction team, tasked with expanding the facility. He goes on to reveal that he keeps a sledgehammer in his locker, the combination to which he's recorded in another page: 37 - 15 - 42. It's location is also specified. (See "Icon 18").
Another debris pile of steel girders and the like. Although not impeding your path, it adequately compliments the dingy, dilapidated condition of the staff quarters. The only signs anyone was here are the things left behind.

The primary corridor that, after an elongated period of negligence, has been cut off from the rest of the facility. This section has been abandoned, leaving its remaining ceiling lights inoperative.
The failed beams that halt any progress out of the ruins have also busted through the wall of this new room creating a slightly precarious entrance. You need only step over the beam to enter.
The would-be automatic door to this room, now no longer functioning, just sits dormant and non-powered.
The path to the rest of the facility is blocked by the rubble.
There is no progress beyond this point. The debris has made it nigh impossible.
This isn't an actual door. In reality, it's a substantial set of cracks in the reinforced wall. It would not be recommended to attempt to smash through it by hand.

A type of locker room for resident staff. There are four main clusters of lockers with another line along the right wall. There's 38 tall, standing lockers in total. However, a good number are either hanging open and empty or closed with little to no hope of being open without the right combination.
This locker has been left open, yet has not been looted completely. You find the items: Antidote(2), Potion(1).
This a locked locker, the same one mentioned in the staff member's journal. Given the correct combination, you will find, among other things, a used but sturdy sledgehammer. It's perfect for breaking rock, stone and perhaps stronger materials under the right circumstances.

A kind of control room, no longer able to fulfill the functions it could have in the past. Its long consoles, from which operator's would control and manage the actions and power of the sector, are now dark and silent, leaving the buttons and switches without vital context.
An automatic door and likely main entrance to the control room. It's no longer operational and therefore cannot be opened.
A dazed Linoone, dressed in a labcoat and glasses, sits back against the wall. He was roused awake by your loud method of entry. He freezes in fear at the sight of you.
Consoles that are passed the point where receiving electricity would make them work properly again.

Last edited:
[OOC - It's a'ight. I feel like I tend towards pushiness, but luckily I've been keeping busy with this crazy thing over here.:8B:]

Meanwhile, Slade was finding lock picking to be especially challenging, given its methodical nature and that one requires no small amount of patience. Yet he was eventually swinging the door open and inspecting every bit of the closet, the thought of being caught ever present in his mind.

"Oh, no you're not disturbing." She told him, before he told her who they were after. "Magmar?" She asked him, as if she had never heard of him before, which she hasn't. "Sure, I'll help out. Where are we meeting up?"

"Uh..." Felix thought about the location of this 'Magmar' sighting, but drew a blank. "I think it was around where we found the Arbok. Look for Slade when you get outside. If that's not where he is, then check around the hallways or something. I need to get Sol, and once I do, I'll join you. Bye, Winter." Felix once again returned to Sol's door and knocked a few times, hoping he would answer.

In Felix's mind, thoughts of that strange book flooded and overtook his thought processes. That red and white book was scary, and he needed to do something about it. There's no way anyone else would understand how freaky this is. I could get in trouble for even thinking about a book like this, let alone owning it. Felix thought, again staring blankly at Sol's door. Once this is over, it's gone. Period.

Sol peered up at the ever so slightly moving sun. Hmmm the sun sure is nice today. Sol placed "Karate Champ" down on the downy grass next to him and peered back at his window. "Ack! I left my window open!" shouted Sol rather loudly to no one in particular.
Sol hurriedly gathered up his book and started to make his way back up the main steps to the dormitories. I wonder what everybody else is up to. Sol pondered what his new found friends could be doing was he entered the dormitories and headed for the stairs for the second floor. I really need to thank Felix for his book. Actually legit, title aside of course, great book non the less. Sol stopped on the second floor landing and turned into the hallway to make his dorm room. As Sol came closer down the hall he spied Felix and Winter hanging out by Winter's room. Well I guess that answers my previous question. Sol changed his direction ever so slightly and headed over to his friends to see what was "up".

[OOC - Sorry for the absence, guys. I got into a serious thing, and then I forgot how it ended. In this post, I'll access the underground and you guys can get in whenever it strikes your fancies.]

Slade ran his hands along the walls, clueless on what to look for, but certain there was something that would at least steer him in the right direction. If Felix was here, he'd surely know where to start looking. To the right of the door were a set of shelves. He lifted and scrutinized each and every appliance and parcel starting from the top, quickening his pace at the real possibility of getting "busted". On the floor under the bottom-most shelf was a particular box of toilet paper opposite the door. When lifted, Slade noticed a subtle switch protruding from the wall near the floor. He pressed it and, to his surprise, the wall opposite the door shifted to the right, revealing a thin passage through which a person could pass through sideways on the left.

The shiny Zangoose desperately wanted to go through, but knew he simply couldn't leave his friends with no way to find him. To the exterior doorknob of the janitor closet, he fitted the cherry blossom twig from his mouth into the key hole as a sign he came through there before closing the door on himself. Then, noticing a black marker on an upper shelf, he took a piece of toilet paper from the box and wrote a message (with his style of less than stellar penmanship) saying that the switch to the secret door (which operates on a 1 minute timer after activation before closing again) is behind the toilet paper box. He placed the message on a shelf near eye level.

Slade pressed the switch a final time, bracing himself for the slightly cramped trip through the passage which opened yet again. Recalling about how much time he has, he moved sideways as fast as he could for approximately six feet until he met with a small but wider room. As the long passage closed in its entirety behind him, he noticed two important things: there's a ladder on the floor leading down and the room itself has no light source of its own, meaning that as the door closed, the space was reverting to complete darkness. Slade took this as incentive to quickly go to the ladder and proceed downward. As he did, he couldn't help but think of a book he read when he was a kid - something about rabbits, holes and some silly fantasy world. But the cold metal of the ladder gave him the feeling that this hole wasn't leading him to anything nearly as "wonderful".

[OOC Edit - To any of the players that happen by this message: Thanks a lot for making it this far. It would seem that it's much too late to expect this quest of mine to continue. Even if any of you are up for it, I doubt I would. PM me if you insist, but it would be easier on everyone if your characters took the blue pill and you yourselves encourage Blu Ace to get on with the school day or relinquish control to the member most attentive and able.

To any Pokecharms observer who considered Gijinka High School before I commandeered the plot towards a radical direction: Effectively, my storyline could end right here for the good of the thread. My character will disappear under mysterious circumstances as part of a conspiracy that the school district will deny any knowledge of and life will do on. Personally, I believe that by far the most important thing to consider upon joining would be who will take it upon themselves to direct the classroom scenes that move time forward in game. For that, I suggest that you consult with Blu Ace or use your best judgement.

I had a great time and met some happening dudes. See you guys around!:D]

Last edited:
Dorm: 21/Class:12/MATH,P.E,LUNCH,ABILITY,END OF DAY. Akela searched around for dorm 21, she did not know who her roommate was yet and she was very curious. Akela was very shy and every once in a while she would be yelled at for things by others, she tried not to cry and as she walked she bumped into someone.

Last edited:
Winter awoke in her room back at her house, lying down on her bed. "Whoa, that was an odd dream to say the very least..." She said to herself. She looked over at her clock, and realized that she was running a little late. "Oh shoot! I've got to get going now!" She said, a second later getting all her things packed, and bolting out the door.

When she arrived for real this time, she stared at the building in awe. "Wow, it's a lot bigger than I imagined." She said, once again to herself. She received her dorm info, and schedule sheet.

Dorm: 21
Class: 12

Math
Physical Education
Lunch
Ability
End of Day

She headed upstairs to her dorm room, somehow knowing where it was already. Once she arrived at her dorm, she stopped, and wondered how she knew how to get there. With the shake of a head, she dismissed the thought, and proceeded into her room.

When she entered, however, she realized that all her stuff was already there: her clothing, books, tech, the Lucario poster, everything. She stared wide-mouthed at her room. How in the world is all of this stuff here?! Wasn't it all a dream?! She thought to herself. Then, she rewound her thought. Wasn't it all a dream?! "A dream..." She had a point. Was it a dream, or was it, in a sense, real? It's almost as if you're picking up from a save spot in a game. Feeling really shocked, she put her bag, the one she just brought from home, under her bed. Chances were she wouldn't need it anyway.

Before heading out again, she looked back at the Lucario poster, and recalled the events that took place within the supposed "dream". She giggled as she imagined the maybe-maybe-not-real Honchkrow posing in the same form as the Lucario. With that thought later dismissed, she headed out.

Akela finally found dorm 21 and went in, someone was already there, she looked at the lucario poster then put her stuff on her bed. She put a poster of a female Poochyena with a chipped ear and a blue spike collar on and wrote a message on it. "You are not just a pet, but my best friend, I miss you, Shadow" Akela wrote on, she sat on her bed and put her neon green headphones on, she put on Battlefield by Jordin Sparks and layed on her bed.

When she left her room, she saw something by her feet. It was a letter addressed to her. It was a letter saying that she will be having a roommate, who should be coming around any moment. Winter looked around, and saw someone coming from her right. The roommate just seemed to walk right by Winter, not paying her any mind. Winter just watched the person as they decorated their part of the dorm with their belongings. She stood by the door, waiting for the new roomy to notice her.

(OOC: I'm going to sleep. Be back in half a day. :D)

Akela paused her music and sat up, yawning. Then she noticed who would be her roommate. "H-Hi..." she said, shy. Akela realized the girl was looking at her poster, she got up from her bed and ran in front of it. "T-T-THIS IS NOT ANYTHING!!!" Akela yelled. But she accidentally did not cover the part saying "You are not just a pet, but my best friend, I miss you, Shadow"

(@OkamiWolf7250 I realized that you said my character did something when I didn't say it happened. I think that is a form of god modding, and I'm not a big fan of that. I will let it slide this time, though. :))

Finally, the new roommate noticed Winter, but she replied in a shy tone, almost inaudible. Winter slowly moved her eyes over to the poster to see what it was about, but as she did that, the roommate got up off the bed, and ran in front of the poster, covering it up from view...except for one part. There was a little message written on the poster.

You are not just a pet, but my best friend, I miss you, Shadow.

"Is that..." She started, but stopped when she thought that it might not be a good time to ask about the poster now. "I'll ask later..." She told her, leaving the dorm room to go outside.

After Winter had left, Akela calmed down and looked at her poster. "Sigh... I can not wait to see you again, girl." She said to the Poochyena puppy poster. "I wonder what that is?" Akela walked over to the Lucario poster, "Guess she likes Lucario..UGH why am I bad at making friends all of a sudden?!" Akela yelled at herself..

Akela went outside and she accidentally spilt someone's drink. "Sorry!" Akela exclaimed. The boy shoved her onto the ground, then his friends laughed at her. Akela::(:blush::@. She became angry and got up, and with surprising power, shoved the tall boy back and he fell onto the ground. His friends began to back off as Akela ran outside.

She sat down, leaning against the wall, beginning to cry. "I want to see...;_;.... Shadow again! I want to leave this place!" Akela cried.

As she was about to walk outside, she looked back, and saw someone push someone else down on the ground. It was her roommate being pushed down. But who was pushing her down. Winter looked over at the person who pushed her down, and it was...a Seviper?!

Winter was absolutely shocked, and enraged to see the Seviper from her dream bullying her roommate. Before Winter had the chance to go up to them and teach them a thing or two about bullying, she watched as her roomy pushed the Seviper back, making him fall onto the ground. She watched as she walked away, completely surprised. Winter continued making her way outside for some fresh air.

Akela looked up at the air and howled sadly. That is when she heard a howl back. "S-Shadow?!" Akela realized her best friend could hear her, but she realized it was a weak howl from Shadow... "Shadow where are you?!" Akela ran inside, shoving past the same boy that she had a small battle with.

She dashed into her dorm, and got out her laptop and put on some calm music. Akela knew it was a dream, it had to be!

Dorm: 20/Class:12/MATH,P.E,LUNCH,ABILITY,END OF DAY. the Lopunny looked around his dorm he started getting combatafable when the bell went he jumped up he had always been good at long jump and high jump and hit his head on the roof