• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Jitterbug Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The door had burst open into the school. Zack walked into the school with his Weedle named Yuty. "Weedle!" Yuty exclaimed. Zack pat him in the head. "I know your excited buddy but you gotta calm down for a second..." Zack replied. Zack walked down the hallway. "Hmm...Let's see...Oh here this should be it." Zack stared at a label which said "Mr.Wal's Class". He walked into the classroom. The walls were covered in hearts and Craft Projects. "Woah..what's up with the walls.." he said. "Oh nothing I just decided to put stuff on the walls because it was very bland." The teacher replied. Zack decided to sit down at his desk. "Come here Yuty!" he said. Yuty jumped into his lap and sat in his lap. "Aww...your so cute!" Zack said. "Weedle!" Yuty said happily.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Sitting in the corner of the classroom was a boy with curly brown hair named Horikoshi, stroking his Ralts on the head. "We've just moved from Hoenn, let's see if we can make friends." He said to his ralts, as it let out a soothed pokemon cry. Looking to the side of the classroom, he saw a boy playing with what looked like a Weedle. Being as extroverted as he was, Horikoshi walked over to the boy, taking a seat next to him.

"Hi, I'm Horikoshi!" He said to the boy, letting his extroverted nature shine through. "I was thinking that since it is the first day and all, and people are starting to meet each other...That maybe we could be friends!"

Ralts looked over at the boy Horikoshi was talking to and made an apologetic face for its trainer energetic demeanour.

"Sure!" Zack replied. Yuty jumped down to meet the Ralts. "Weedle!" Yuty said. He seemed to like the Ralts alot. "Oh and thats my first pokemon weedle his name is Yuty." He said. Weedle started walking around the Ralts amazed by the looks. "My weedle seems to be very interested in your Ralts!" he exclaimed. "Well...we still need to wait for more people but I suppose you guys could do something?" The teacher said. "Alrighty." Zack said. "How about a battle?" Zack requested. "Weedle!" Weedle exclaimed. "Looks like Yuty would like that too!"

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Ralts backed away, a bit uneasy from Yuty's inspection and scurried towards Horkikoshi and hid in his beanie. "Heh, sure. A battle sounds great!" Horikoshi smiled, but he took a quick look around the room. "Well, can we possibly move the tables and chairs? We might break a few things, it's a small space." Ralts overheard it's trainers concern and looked over to all the tables and chairs that were around the room. And used its telekinesis to move them to the side, making a clear battlespace. "Thanks, ralts. Now we won't have to worry about anything getting in our way!" Horikoshi thanked as he pets Ralts on its head.

"Alright then, Zack. You ready?" Asked Horikoshi, as he and Ralts took a battle stance on one end of the room.

"Yes I am!" He replied. They also took a battle stance. "I guess I'll go first!". "Weedle use Bug Bite!" Zack Exclaimed."Weeeee!". Yuty ran straight at the Ralts and bit him ferociously. "Weedle!" Yuty exclaimed but was muffled due to him still biting onto Ralts. Yuty let go of Ralts and went back to his trainer shortly after. "Yeah!" Zack exclaimed. "Ok Horikoshi let's see what you got!" Zack said. "Weedle!" Yuty said shortly after his trainer was done speaking.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
(OOC: You've broken a rule and forced a hit on Ralts, I'll let it be for now. But next time don't do it, I'll pretend that I've dogded the attack.)

Ralts quickly teleported out of the way, doging the attack. "Nice one," Horikoshi complemented. "but now, It's our turn. Ralts, use confusion!"

The ralts nodded, as she looked at Yuty with glowing green eyes. Ready to charge it's attack. Horikoshi smiled as ralts was ready to attack, he knew that Ralts was at a huge type disavantage agains Yuty, but ralt's can't get poisoned if he keeps it's distance. Which was what Horikoshi was going for.

"Alright ralts, let him have it!" Horikoshi commanded as ralts shot it's attack.

(OOC: Sorry about that I'm not the best at RPing)

It hit Yuty but didn't cause him to get confused. "Weedle!" Yuty said still very damaged. Since Yuty was a weak pokemon he was already covered in bruises all over. "That may have hit him but I think Yuty can still fight!" Zack exclaimed. "Yuty use Poison Sting!" Zack said. Yuty then charged at Ralts. His stinger was very sharp so if he landed the hit he knew it would hurt Ralts alot. "Weedle!" Yuty exclaimed as he charged.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Ralts was hit, it stumbled back, taking a lot of damage, "Yuty is stronger than it looks..." Horikoshi said, taking mental notes on the weedle. It seemed to only attack with it's poison sting, had Zack found out the type advantage yet?...

Recalling yuty's previous attacks, it seemed to have only used physical attacks, which gave Horikoshi an idea. "Alright Ralts, are you ready?" He asked, ralts looked back and nodded. "Now, use double team!" Horikoshi demanded. Ralts duplicated itself, as many other ralts appeared out of thin air.

But soon enough, they all disapeard. The origanal nowhere to be seen. "Now!" Horikoshi exlaimed. Ralts teleported behind Yuty and charged up it's attack. "The duplicates were just decoys, Here's the real attack!" Horikoshi shouted. As more students gathered around to watch the battle. "Use confusion!" Horikoshi commanded, as ralts shot its psychic attack, praying that it would confuse Yuty.

Last edited:
Yuty had been hit! He fell to the ground. His head was hurting, suddenly he passed out. "Oh dang it!" Zack exclaimed. "Well I suppose because he is a weedle he isn't to well equipped to fight something like a ralts." Zack said. "Well nonetheless I still enjoyed the thrill of being in a battle!" He said. "I'll get Yuty patched up. I'll be right back!" He said. Zack told where he was going to his teacher and headed off. He came back to the classroom after some time and sat down ready for class.

Last edited:

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Ralts jumped into Horikoshi's arms and started yapping cheerfully. "You did good, buddy!" Horikoshi congragulated as he took his seat next to Zack. "That was a nice battle, you and Yuty were awsome back there!" He complimented, as he got ready for class.

Horikoshi returned ralts back into it's pokeball and tucked it way in his bag. Kids from the class came and sat down, congratulating the two and talking about the fight. The teacher soon hushed the students and began teaching the lesson, Horikoshi pulled out his notebook and started to write down type advantages, which was what the teacher was teaching. "Hey, I wonder what dorm room we'll be assigned. Imagine if we're roomates?" Horikoshi asked, gently nudging Zack.

A small girl with dark brown hair walked into the classroom with a Braixen walking beside her. She glanced over to the two boys having a conversation and quickly walked past them, not wanting to interrupt anything. She sat down at a desk from somewhat of a distance from them, and her Braxien hopped up on her lap.

"Braiii xen!!" It chirped, and she patted her head. The girl smiled down at her Braixen. "It'll be ok, Soleil, we're only here for a couple hours at most." She spoke softly, and scratched Soleil behind her ear. "Braaai xenn.."

Last edited by a moderator:
(OOC: I hope I am not intruding on this RP. If you want, I'll delete this post.)
A boy who was a spot taller than average sat in his chair and watched the fight end as he wiped his spectacles with a glasses cleaner. He would jot down some information in his notebook while patting his Elgyem, which was sitting on his lap. "Should we tell him that psychic types are weak to bug types, Firelights?" whispered Elliotte to his pet. "Though Weedle isn't a naturally strong Pokemon, it seems that a lot of us use psychic types." The Elgyem nodded

He'd close his notebook, stand up, and walk over to Zack. "Hello. Though you aren't very strong as of now, you seem to have a bit of potential that could grant you a good report card." Said the four-eyes. "The name's Elliotte. This my my partner, Firelights. He is an Elgyem." The Pokemon would nod.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
(I am NOT letting this RP die, not this early)

Horikoshi looked up at the boy talking to Zack, and then took a quick look around to see that nearly half the class had their eyes on Horikoshi and Zack. "Jeez, it was just a little battle...Not something to be popular about..." Horikoshi giggled, patting his ralts.

"Heya, names Horikoshi!" He smiled at Elliotte. "And this is my partner Ralts." He lifted the small pokemon to show Elliotte, as it teleport behind it's trainers back and hid. "Ralts and I have completely different personalities, but we still get along." Horikoshi giggled as he heard what Elliotte said to Zack about his potential to be a great trainer.

"Yeah, he's got some spark in him, doesn't he?" Horikoshi replied, making a jealous face that he isn't getting any credit and complements.

Last edited:
Elliotte was oblivious to any hints, assuming that the jealous face was just Zack thinking a strange thought. "Hmm, a Ralts. There seems to be many psychic Pokemon around here, which is interesting," said Elliotte. "My Elgyem, Firelights, is a bit quieter than I am. They prefer to sit back and watch while I think of what to do." Elliotte patted Firelights' head. "We work together when it comes to forming strategies and making observations," he added. Elgyem would look around the classroom, taking mental pictures.

"Sorry for intruding. This battle was a nice representation of ability and I wanted to make sure I'm an ally of the winning side," Elliotte explained. "You did good as well." Elliotte observed the behaviour of Horikoshi's Ralts. He'd walk away and sit back down, donning some ear pods and listening to some music.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Horikoshi sat at his desk, doodling in his book. He had no intrest whatsoever on what was being taught to him.

He scanned the room and wondered who and who not to be friends with. "Psst, zack," Horikoshi whispered, slightly leaning back on his chair to talk to Zack, who was at the desk behind him. "I've heard that we would be going out into the woods to catch pokemon, I'm looking for a pichu. What about you?"

"Mr Anderson!" The teacher yelled at Horikoshi. Using his last name, he knew he was in deep trouble. "If I hear your talking once more, it's to the office for you!"

(OOC: I'm pretty new to rping so if I do something wrong let me know and also sorry about the long introduction. Also let me know if you get the reference in my character's appearance and the Raboot is after my Scorbunny that I got in my pokemon home who had his hidden ability. Also I'm leaving a cliff hanger for another RPer to take the reigns.)

A boy wearing a white long sleeve shirt, camo pants, black and white shoes white socks, a blue hoodie wrapped around his waist, and a red bandanna around his neck. He had tanned white skin, jet black hair, but his eyes were the unique thing about him. His both duel colored, on the top they were emerald green that faded to a golden yellow towards the bottom. The boys be was Chris and this was his first day at the school. So of course when he walked in everyone stared at him and his partner Pokemon, which was a Raboot named Cinder. He walked to the front of the class and said," hello my name is Christian Gallant. I'm from the galar region and this is my Partner Cinder the Raboot who has his hidden ability, Libro(is this how you spell it?)". After that he sat in one of the near the corner and took noticed of some of his class mates mainly had psychic types. When he heard they might end up going out to catch pokemon that interested him since he was planning on adding another member to the team like a gligar to balance out his team a bit. As he was lost in his thoughts a loud crash brought him out of his thoughts.....

((OOC: Nah, you're totally fine. This is my first RP too.

The four-eyes waved at him from his desk. "Hey," he addressed. "I'm guessing you're from the Galar region. I'm from Sinnoh, which is pretty far away from said region. The name's Elliotte." A small Elgyem starred at Chris from across the room. "That's Firelights. He's pretty quiet, but we get along very well." Elliotte inspected Raboot's body shape, size, etc. "I kind of want to visit Galar because of the large amount of bands. What do you listen to? AC/Dreepy? Tailowsmith? Klink Crimson?" Elliotte rambled. He suddenly stopped talking, as he felt like he was jabbering too much. "Sorry about that. I tend to effuse when speaking about music."

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Horikoshi looked at the boy sitting rather close to him. He tried staying silent, but his extroverted nature just demanded socialization.

"Hey, what's up." Whispered Horikoshi to the boy sitting next to him. But then noticed that Elliotte was already talking to him, so he decided to wait until their conversation was finished.

Horikoshi sat there, juggling his pokeballs he had in his pockets. At that point, it felt like boredom had stabbed him straight in his chest, and so he just sat there waiting for the class to go outside.

(OOC: This rp is cool so im breathing some life back into it)

Out of no where, the door slammed open. A boy in a red hoodie with a backwards cap with light purple hair walked in. He had a cue stick in his back and two pokeballs on his belt. "Yo! Im Dom, and im the strongest trainer in this school!" He exclaimed, walking in. "These, are my pokemon, Haunter and Dratini!" he said, throwing the two pokeballs in the air. The pokeballs opened and A haunter and a pink dratini came out. They all had a sinister grin on their faces. They marched all the way, to the corner of the class, Dom sat his feet on the desk, dratini sat on his lap, and haunter sat atop his head. "Dont get it twisted like a dragonites twister, Im gonna be the strongest trainer in the world someday! You'll all eat my dust!" He said.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Horikoshi looked at the kid seated near him, and snickered at his attempt at being ballsy. "He says he's the strongest trainer, but his puns are probably weaker than his pokemon." Horikoshi whispered to his ralts, which giggled at it's trainers joke.

Although, horikoshi did find the trainers determination of being the best trainer in the world somewhat inspiring. And being the type of person to meet new people, he decided to talk to him. "Pssst, you...." He whispered, leaning on his chair. "Your joke about the dragonite twister was super lame, but funny. I'm horikoshi!"

Dom froze at the other trainers introduction. All his life people avoided him and now someone is talking to him? "Im Dom, ya know you got guts talking to me kid, I can tell a burning dragon rage is swirling inside you, so I may just make you my lackey." He said with a hearty laugh. "This is my partner Haunter, we go way back, I caught him in an alley once. And this is Dratini. I fished this guy up when I first left home! One day its gonna evolve into a dragonite and we'll flatten all our opponents!" he boasted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.