• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Jeyjey's team - Rate/Comment

They arent set in stone yet so now is the time for rating and tweaking!

EDIT: This is the team after initial tweaking from the advice I got from Plapti and Mudskipper

ludicolonormalspritetv2.gif

Ludicolo aka Padre
Bold @leftovers
Moveset:
Rain Dance (for Rain Dish ability)
Toxic
Surf
Leech Seed

slowbrovi0.png

Slowbro aka Paru
Bold @Leftovers
Moveset:
Yawn/Thunderwave
Earthquake/Surf
Slack Off
Calm Mind

miltankrb3.png

Miltank aka Mooby
Jolly @Leftovers
Moveset:
Heal Bell
Body Slam
Shadow Ball
Milk Drink

sudoia8.png

Sudowoodo aka Maki
Adamant @Muscle Band or Leftovers
Moveset:
Double Edge
Stone Edge
Wood Hammer
Brick Break/Earthquake

froslassxo9.png

Froslass aka Yuki
Modest @Nevermelt Ice
Moveset:
Icebeam
Ice Shard
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

breloomnr0.png

Breloom aka Kree
Adamant @Toxic Orb
Moveset:
Mach Punch
Focus Punch
Spore
Stone Edge

(I'm assuming this is competitive, not in-game.)

Kecleon@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Focus Punch
Shadow Claw
Return
Trick

Focus Punch is good if you've got good predictions. Shadow Claw for the high critical-hit ratio, Return for those who refuse to turn you a different type, and Trick with Choice Band can mess up a lot of people.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ice Beam
Hidden Power (Electric)
Surf
Slack Off

Ice Beam and Hidden Power to hit physical attackers. Surf for a STAB move and Slack Off to help recover.

Miltank@Leftovers
Careful Nature (I can't think of any Jolly Miltank sets...)
Body Slam
Curse
Earthquake
Milk Drink

MilTANK. Use Curse while healing yourself with Milk Drink. Then attack. Body Slam works well, and the ability Scrappy is best so Ghosts don't switch in easily. Earthquake is for Steels.

Sudowoodo@Choice Band
Adamant Nature (again, can't think of any Timid Sudowoodo sets...)
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Wood Hammer
Explosion

Four strong moves, and all have at least 100 power. Wood Hammer for Water types that think they'll switch in safely. The rest just for powerful moves. The ability Rock Head works best.

Froslass@Choice Specs
Timid Nature (once again, a nature change is needed)
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Fighting)
Shadow Ball

Hits every opponent in the game with a Choice Specs set. Hidden Power is for Dark-types and Shadow Ball hits Ghosts.

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature (finally, one with the nature you already have...)
Spore
Focus Punch
Stone Edge
Mach Punch

Poison Heal is the best ability for this set, it works wonders with Spore and Focus Punch. Mach Punch to OHKO Weavile and finish off weakened opponents. Stone Edge for flying types.

Hope that helps you.

For Slowbro, the only attack you really need is Surf. Ice Beam can then back it up. Then you can put a status inflicting move.
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Slack Off
-Thunder Wave/Yawn/Toxic

Thunder Wave will give sweepers a huge problem, Yawn forces switches. Toxic is for Walls.

Personally, I like Heal Bell over Curse in Miltank. It may have a decent attack, but it has qutie a good speed stat (100 base). It matches with Salamence and others who are often used.

Double Edge can also be used over Explosion to abuse Rock Head. Sucker Punch over Explosion can also pick off weaned opponents.

HP Psychic can also be used over HP Fighting. Fighting hits Weavile/Tyranitar. Psychic hits Heracross and Infernape.

Foucs Punch puts a dent in alot of things. Whatever resits Focus Punch is hit by Seed Bomb (Barring Gengar) Personally, with the Toxic Orb. It can use Substitue quite well. Make a Sub. Poison heal kicks in and then Spore the opponent. Then make another Sub and then Sweep. You can always Drop Mach Punch for Facade and Stone Edge for Leech Seed. Only catch is that you need to be fast. That requires you to be faster, so Jolly is needed.

-Spore
-Substitue
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb

or

-Spore
-Focus Punch
-Leech Seed
-Facade

The only problem I see here is that 3 of your Pokemon are weak to Fighting Attacks.

Hope that helped.

Trick with Choice Band can mess up a lot of people.
Call me a newb but I dont get the point of constant item switch.

Sudowoodo@Choice Band
Adamant Nature (again, can't think of any Timid Sudowoodo sets...)
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Wood Hammer
Explosion
I like that set quite a bit, thanks for the idea.

For Slowbro, the only attack you really need is Surf. Ice Beam can then back it up. Then you can put a status inflicting move.
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Slack Off
-Thunder Wave/Yawn/Toxic

Thunder Wave will give sweepers a huge problem, Yawn forces switches. Toxic is for Walls.
Completly forgot about slack off, so used to rest lol thanks a bunch.

The only problem I see here is that 3 of your Pokemon are weak to Fighting Attacks.
Hmm, what do you think of swapping Kaku for:

ludicolonormalspritetv2.gif

Ludicolo aka Padre
Bold @Leftovers
Moveset:
Rain Dance
Dive
Toxic
Leech Seed

Nice idea, but not a good moveset. Try this:

Ludicolo@Leftovers
Calm Nature
Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic
Leech Seed

Leech Seed is the key move to be paired with Toxic for more damage. Surf and Ice Beam work nicely on Ludicolo as well.

Nice idea, but not a good moveset. Try this:

Ludicolo@Leftovers
Calm Nature
Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic
Leech Seed

Leech Seed is the key move to be paired with Toxic for more damage. Surf and Ice Beam work nicely on Ludicolo as well.
Mine was more of a tanky/annoyer moveset using Ludi's raindish for extra healing. I would probably swap Dive for Surf though.

Switch items with a wall can really hurt a Wall's capabilities. It's either stuck to only one attack or one support move everytime. And you can easily set up from there.

Only problem with Toxic is that most Sweepers just shrug it off and continue pounding. But being a wall... Anyways, that set is good to annoy other Pokemon with Rain Dance. Yeah, Dive shouldn't be used cause Ludicolo's Attack is lower than its Special Attack. Surf is the better option of the two. Water Pulse could work too, if you get lucky and confuse the foe that is.

Hope that helped.

Switch items with a wall can really hurt a Wall's capabilities. It's either stuck to only one attack or one support move everytime. And you can easily set up from there
Thing I still dont get in your original idea is the choice band, why keep switching?

As for the Ludicolo he really is just there to bother and toy with the opponents :p

I was thinking of raising up a Skarmory but im not sure where he would go in my team:

Skarmory aka Edge
Bold Nature (

If a wall is limited to using one attack and one attack only, it has to choose whether it attacks and can't heal or don't attack and over heal. The Chioce Band Limits the user to only one move

Skarmory@Leftovers/Shed Shell/Chesto Berry
Impish Nature
252 HP, 184 Def, 74 Atk
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Whilrwind/Roar
-Drill Peck/Brave Bird
-Roost/Rest

Lay some Spikes/Stealth Rock down and start forcing switches. Roost/Rest to heal up and Drill Peck/Brave Bird cause it's awesome and prevents you from being Taunted.

Hope that helped.

Nice, thanks for the moveset for the skarmory :p forgot about roost.

As for the trickband I get it now lol im from canada, im a lil slow, eh? (wonder if anyone is gonna get that reference)

Totally got it, fellow Canadian. Don't forget Linkachu is also for Canada.

And for Skarmory, Brave Bird can be used over Drill Peck if you want more attack. Roost can heal off the damage. And Shed Shell is to not get trapped by Magnet Pull. Stealth Rock can work over Spikes. And you can use Rest with the Chesto for another healing option. I'll add it in to the other post as well.

Hope that helped.