• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Japanese Pokémon News Round-Up 18/11/12

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Over the past week news has certainly been quiet for Europe and the US, but in Japan a number of interesting stories have come to light and as such we thought it’d be nifty to do a round-up of all the interesting stories from the past week.

Pokédex iOS app Revealed

pic_index_screenshot01.jpg

In what comes as quite a surprising move, a new Pokédex app has been released for iOS systems in Japan. The app seems to match that of the Pokédex 3D Pro app recently released for the Nintendo 3DS system, but with one key difference. Where the Pokédex 3D Pro app includes all the Pokémon from across the five generations, the Pokédex iOS app will only include the fifth generation Pokémon when first bought; fans will then have to pay for the other four generations.

The app will be priced at 170 Yen, and the packs which include the other generations of Pokémon will cost 500 Yen each; making the total cost of having a complete Pokédex more than the cost of downloading the Pokédex 3D Pro app for the 3DS. This isn’t the first time a Pokémon app has been officially released for a platform other than Nintendo’s own consoles; during July last year in Japan a Pokémon rhythm-based game was released for iOS and Android for a short amount of time under the name of Pokémon Say Tap?. However, the app was never released outside of Japan, which means the Pokédex app may not be either. Only time will tell.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth News

MysteryDungeonboxart.jpg

This months’ edition of Japanese magazine CoroCoro leaked earlier this week and brought with it a few small details to do with the up-coming Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth game for the Nintendo 3DS. The scans of the Japanese magazine confirmed that players will be able to become friends with Terrakion, Tornadus and Landorus, as well as being able to find rare Pokémon such as Zekrom. We’ve also learnt the roles that Espeon and Umbreon will be playing in the game; the two are acting as Dungeon Researchers and are always out and about learning new things about various Dungeons among other things.

We also now know that Cofagrigus will be in charge of a shop under the name of Gold Gorgeous (which sounds like it could be a bank, but that isn’t confirmed), while Rampardos will be hosting a store which you can use to unlock treasure chests that you find throughout your adventures.

This months’ CoroCoro also confirmed that in next months’ edition it will include details on the 16th Pokémon movie, which is due for release in Japan over the summer next year. Genesect will be taking to the stage as the lead Pokémon.

Japanese Pokémon Centre Events Revealed

With only a couple of weeks left until we hit December and then go into Christmas, the Pokémon Centre stores of Japan have once again started revealing a few Pokémon events which give fans the chance to get their hands on some rare Pokémon. This year fans will be able to obtain a Groudon if they have a copy of Pokémon Black 2, or Kyogre if they have a copy ofPokémon White 2. The event will run in Pokémon Centre stores and a few other retailers from the 21st of November until the 10th of January, and the purpose of it is to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire. It is currently unclear if the Kyogre and Groudon will know any special moves or such.

Continuing on with the Pokémon Centre news, a second event to be running throughout select stores which will give players another chance to get their hands on a Victini. Victini has been given many times in the past for owners of Pokémon Blackand Pokémon White, but this giveaway will be a first for owners of Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2. The details of the Victini are as follows:

494.png

• Name: Victini
  • Nature: Random
  • Held Item: Soothe Bell
  • Level: 100
  • Moves: Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, Glaciate, and V-Create
All the moves Victini has are ones which it cannot normally learn, making it quite the special Pokémon. The event for players to get their hands on it will run from the 25th of November until the 6th of January.

Pokémon Japanese Global Link Promotions/Events

Pokmon_Global_Link.png

Alongside all the other news, the Pokémon Global Link has also had its fair share of new events and promotions this week. First off, the latest tournament for Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 has been revealed and goes by the name of the Christmas Cup. The tournament has interesting rule set in that no Pokémon are banned besides Chatot. Players can register for the tournament from the 14th of December until the 20th; the tournament will then run from the 21st of December until the 24th. Interestingly, for those that enter the tournament, you will gain access to the Custap Berry.

To tie-in with the 10th anniversary of Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire a special Pokémon musical for Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 has been released through the Global Link. The musical goes by the name of "CarnivaLudicolo" and as you can probably guess it’s based around the Pokémon Ludicolo. The musical can be downloaded from the 21st of November until the 10h of January.

Japanese Pokémon World Tournament Download

290px-B2W2_Prelease_World_Tournament_Cynthia_Eng.png

Now, as many of you will likely know, the Pokémon Best Wishes: 2 anime is rushing ahead in Japan and is about to start the Unova league arc. To celebrate a special download for the Pokémon World Tournament feature in Pokémon Black 2and Pokémon White 2 has been revealed. This new tournament will feature Trip, Stephan, Kotetsu and Virgil and will have the same teams as those used in the anime. You’ll only be able to play this tournament in Singles and not doubles like most. The tournament will be downloadable from the 3rd of December until the 31st of January.

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This new tournament will feature Trip, Stephan, Kotetsu and Virgil and will have the same teams as those used in the anime.

Is it sad that of all the news, this quote is what interests me most?

P.S. - Who's Virgil? Assuming its a dubbed name because it doesn't ring a bell for me.

Linkachu said:
This new tournament will feature Trip, Stephan, Kotetsu and Virgil and will have the same teams as those used in the anime.

P.S. - Who's Virgil? Assuming its a dubbed name because it doesn't ring a bell for me.

The guy with the rescue team of Eeveelutions from the latest Japanese episode iirc

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:

Nope. When I was writing it this was the story which interested me most, I mean getting to battle the League teams from the anime? I've wanted to be able to do that for years. It's such an awesome idea.

Linkachu said:

And yeah it's like Riley said, he's a new character that was first seen sometime last week, but all we really need to know is that he has a super cute Eevee and Eeveelutions. :D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm rather looking forward to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth, if only because the 3D models look so great in action xD From the footage we've already been given, it looks beautiful scenically. The stories of these games do get very 'samey' after a few dungeon trips, but I might consider getting it purely to see the 3D stuffs~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Demelza said:
And yeah it's like Riley said, he's a new character that was first seen sometime last week, but all we really need to know is that he has a super cute Eevee and Eeveelutions. :D

Ahh. Makes sense. I'm a few episodes behind Japan's latest, and I shouldn't be surprised that they'd introduce yet another league contestant prior to the tournament.

The only thing lacking from that PWT download is Ash's team. :3

Linkachu said:

I can't imagine he'd be much of a challenge in-game, seeing as about half of his Unova team are not fully evolved...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Valin said:
Linkachu said:

I can't imagine he'd be much of a challenge in-game, seeing as about half of his Unova team are not fully evolved...

That's beside the point! :3