• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Jackson City and the Anime Highschool

Alexis jumped a minute when he said this, but shook it off, and motioned for him to sit next to her in the double desk. Another Trent friend would be good for the girl, which she thought would help her become popular. She thought being popular would make her a good actor. And then she'd meet her celebrity crush. At least she hoped.

Aitor lit up, when surprisingly, she didn't say anything about his Tourette's, and instead, motioned for him to sit next to her.

He obeyed, finding his way over to the table in a hurry. He practically dumped his bag by a chair, before sitting down.

"Uh, hey," he began, "The name's Aitor..."

Will would get to his next class, P.E., and began with an opening lap around the gym to start the day. Will was not a huge fan of athletics, but he swallowed his tongue and did the exercise as instructed.

Cartien changed into his P.E wear, then proceeded to then opening run. Once he began to reach his pace, he dashed past the others, almost in the lead, when he ran straight into Will, clashing into the ground, he shook of, and winced. "Je m'excuse," tried to aid the boy back to his feet. "My apologies." Cartien smiled faintly.

Will felt something crash into him and turned to see another student offer both an apology as aid to help him get back to his feet.

"O-oh, it's no big deal. Really. I-I'm sure it was an accident." Will said, not the kind of person to hold a grudge.

"Nice to meet you Aitor." Alexis said, giving him a nod. "I'm Alexis."

Alexis held out a hand for him to shake, but was cut off when the Science Teacher, Professor Sellscope, started talking.

"Hello class. Today, we will be learning about buoyancy." he said, getting right to the point.

Last edited:
Aitor decided that he'd wait until they had a moment's free again, before introducing himself. If his Tourettes had anything to do with it, he'd have an outburst at some point during the lesson, anyway.

"Buoyancy, is the ability to float. As you may know, when something appears to be hollow, it floats. When something is solid, it sinks. Can anyone tell me why this is?" Professor Sellscope asked.

Alexis immediatley raised her hand, trying to make a good first impression.

"Yes, miss Alexis." Sellscope nodded to the girl.

"If an object is solid, all of the weight, from the outside in, creates a power, followed by the pull of gravity, which sinks it down. However, when an object is hollow, there is no inner weight, and all the weight goes to the outside of the object, balancing weight on both sides, which keeps the object from sinking." Alexis explained, looking at the Professor the whole time.

Sellscope nodded.

"Now, buoyancy doesn't always work that way. Take a barbie doll for example. This American object is solid, most of the time, but it still floats. Can anyone tell me why this is?" Professor Sellscope asked.

Alexis didn't raise her hand, because unfortunately, she didn't know the answer.

Aitor wanted to keep quiet, as he didn't know the answer either. He picked at the skin around his nails, like always, as he pretended to pay attention. Science was so boring, unless it was about food. Then he'd pay attention.

He squeezed his lips shut with his teeth, but ultimately, it failed to stop his next tick from coming. Right in the middle of class, as well...

"Custard cream biscuits!" he yelled, before twitching violently in his seat. Right now, he wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

Professor Sellscope turned to the sudden outburst, and Alexis jumped a bit, surprised.

"Is something wrong, mister Aitor? Did you forget something?" Sellscope asked, finding the sudden exclamation as a way of expressing that something was wrong.

Some other kids snickered, and Alexis turned around to see who it was. She didn't have the courage to shoot them a glare, or stand up for Aitor, in fear of getting a bad reputation as the "goody-two-shoes". So she gave a kind of sad look to herself, and looked at her shoes, while twiddling with her thumbs.

Aitor shook his head. "I have Tourettes' syndrome," he sighed, "I do things that I can't control, like saying random stuff, and twitching..."

He'd have hoped that the teachers would have been made aware of his unusual disability, as well as his ticks. It had taken forever to even find a school for him, on account that a lot of the staff in the other schools were afraid that he'd yell swear words in class.

"Hey, is Tourettes a swear word?" one of the kids asked, looking at Aitor.

"Mister Goldberg, Aitor just explained what Tourettes Syndrome was." Sellscope said, giving a stern look to Jesse Goldberg.

Jesse had chalky black hair, and had blue eyes. He had a low grade point average, and could be very rude, even if he isn't trying to be. He had black skin, and Alexis had seen him around town before, like when she stopped in Starbucks over the weekend.

"Anyways, back to buoyancy. No one knows why?" Sellscope repeated.

No one raised their hand.

"Well, barbie dolls don't have one complete shape. They have multiple. Like the legs, or the head. In that case, all the weight, goes to the biggest part of that shape, causing the solid barbie to even out and float." Sellscope said, as some kids snickered.

Alexis rolled her eyes in her head. Then she glanced at Aitor, and sighed. Alexis liked him already. He was a cool kid, and he was honest. He'd be a great friend.

Aitor sighed deeply in relief, when his outburst was taken marginally better than it was in the previous class. He glanced back at Alexis, grateful, at least, for her understanding.

"Well, at least it happened now, and not later in the year," he sighed, "By the way, I don't think you ever told me your name..."

"Huh? Oh, I'm Alexis." Alexis whispered, as she continued to look at the teacher.

After some talking and explaining, Sellscope handed out some worksheets on Buoyancy for table partners to work together on. Alexis skimmed over the sheet. The first question was "What is buoyancy?" Alexis read the question aloud, and turned to Aitor.

"You want to have a go with the first question?" she asked, nodding to him, as if to thank him for something.

"No one's dumb. Sometimes it just takes a while for our mind to register things." Alexis said, as she looked at the paper. "I'll fill out the questions, if you'd like, and you can copy the answers."

Alexis started filling in the questions one by one, giving a thorough explanation for each one. Alexis hated Science, it's true. But she was good at it.

Aitor sighed deeply. "T-thank you," he said quietly, biting his tongue, "I'll pay you back in some way, later. Let's see...I'm good at food tech, and English literature, so if you need a hand with that, gimme a shout!"

"It's nice that you offer, but I'll pass. It's no need to 'repay' me. This is just a service I provide." Alexis joked, as she got to the multiple choice page, and started to fill in more bubble;es/

"If you say so," Aitor sighed, "But I feel kinda bad about you taking over for me, so, um...If you need anything, in another lesson, I'll take over for you. It's the least I can do!"

Aitor was more of artsy kid than anything else. While he got top of the range grades in food tech, art, and English literature, he sucked at science, especially physics, and maths. Multiplication was the very best that he coukd do, and even then, he had to use a calculator for the higher multiples.

“I’ll take you up on that offer eventually.” Alexis said with a grin, before finally finishing the packet.

Alexis flipped to the first page, and signed her name in a gentle cursive.

“Done!” Alexis said happily.

She stood up, and walked to the teachers desk, adjusting her uniform. Then, she set it on his desk, and he offered a warm smile to her. She bowed to him, and went to sit back down.

“I’ve always wanted to do that.” She said, her face full of excitement.