• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join It's Showtime! (Coordinator College RP Discussion)

Gonna be gone for a few hours because there is a party that my family is going to in a few minutes that I have never heard about until just a second ago but I have to go with them anyways? I don't know. Just pretend Jean is socializing and getting the names of guests and stuff. And I also don't know whether or not you guys expect him to pay for the food or not. I think I heard someone saying that they were surprised Jean was going to pay for that many people? Tell me what your characters would think the financial situation is because Jean has less money on him than he makes it seem like he has.

Yea, and it doesn't help that its 10:00 at night.
Basically, picture a pokemon contest with the trainer participating in it. That is Tes.
A contest is only pokemon doing tricks.
A showcase is the pokemon making the trainer look good.
Tes is the middle ground.

I typed an entire wall explaining the difference between contests and showcases, but that was already answered by the time I was done! RIP

Also @Mr.Glaceon , Jean said that trainers ARE an important part of the showcase, but your making it sound as if he said the opposite. Maybe you read that post wrong? Also, Jean's not choosing a side in the argument, not because he doesn't have an opinion, but because he doesn't want to say the wrong think and be on the wrong side. He was just stating the facts of what a showcase was because he is from Kalos. Also because just stating facts makes him look right no matter what.

Hahaha yeah.

And @Mr.Glaceon ohhhhh I see, so you are like "Jessilina" (TR Jessy's alternate contest identity) in her Contests? She usually involved herself in the performance like causing her pokemon to make her fly/sparkle, or use her as a prop

Ooh another question about the RP:

You originally said that, along with the dorm room keys and schedules, a list of clubs that students could join on campus were also handed out to the students. Do you have any idea of what some of those clubs might be? Or does anyone want to brainstorm some clubs our characters could be in?

Fashion Club, let's go
Designs Contest Attires and Pokemon Clothes lol

Ooh I definitely want to be a part of that. I have a headcanon (though if it's my character is it really a headcanon?) that Jean likes designing clothes, but he has no idea how to sew, so a club like that would definitely help him out. Also, fashion has a big thing to do with the endgame I got planned for him.

^^ There will be a Fashion Club, and the rest of the clubs I have planned are shown below (If anyone has more ideas, feel free to share!)

*Luvendale Symphony Full Orchestra (Mr. Seymour)
*Choir of Luvendale (Mrs. Samuels)
Fashion Club (Ms. Meghan)
Art Club (Mr. Warren)
Gardening Club (Mr. Lin)

* These clubs will be competing in competitions between other universities