• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join It's Showtime! (Coordinator College RP Discussion)

@OmnipotentOnion Two things!

1) If you still need class suggestions, what about a Combination or "Appeal Battling" Class instead of athletics? (Since it is a Coordinator school and all, and not many Coordinators are too physically involved when it comes to Contests)

2) What region is this RP held in? Sinnoh or Hoenn? (<-- just guessing since those are the more contest-inclined regions)

These were all answered on the last page, but here you are :)

It'll be a campus located in an urban area a few miles north of Aspertia City called Vissente City

So I'm guessing a little off of the route or the route leads to it XD since North of Aspertia City is Route 19, which then bends to the right to head toward Floccessy Town. So there will be a new part of Route 19 heading to Vissente City?

Yup, bending east, then back north

Cool :D I shall incorporate that into my post :D may you give a little description of Vissente City? I figured it was going to be urban, but will it be as urban as Nimbasa City, or will it be as urban as Opelucid City? More entertainment (which I'm assuming that's the one because it has a coordinator academy), complete with a stadium to perform coordinator stuff? Or more industrialized?

Lil bit of both, actually. There'll be a bit of an industrialized side to Vissente, kind of like Opelucid, but there will be some Nimbasa influence, like the stadium you mentioned

Ahh cool :) okay :) I'll let my imagination run wild XD do you want it to be so industrialized it looks like a beautiful sci-fi city from another world, or do you want it to just have factories and be the main source of where the Unova gets its region-based items? Orrrr XD

I WAS NOT PREPARED TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS XD

probably just a modern-ish home-y city with some industrialization so probably factories

Also, where are we getting out schedules? I'm pretty sure the mass amount of people will have different schedules than us, so the coincidence of having all the OCs have the same schedule is a little funky but hey XD it's easier to deal with XD But where will be getting our schedules? Assuming someone is giving them out XD

Ah I've been typing so fast to try and get a reply up in the RP! O-O" Also, is everyone okay with a setting change? I was thinking about having Jean invite everyone to a restaurant for dinner. Just so we have some place to go after everyone gets their schedules.

EDIT: I went ahead and just posted the invite and what I had written because I need to leave and eat myself irl- if someone has a problem with it, then just message me and I can edit my post.

Last edited:
@Pretty Pichu I completely understand! Jean will probably be judging your character as well. Well, when he meets him anyways.

Also @Crims0n how about we make it official and room together then?
AHH CRAP

I kinda wanted Cas to be Jean's roommate XD I kno--

WAIT ONE HOT SECOND

What if there was a mistake and the school actually admitted more people than usual, making some people have to have an extra roommate? Would that be okay? XD RIP Cas, rooming with two boys. Lol

AHH CRAP

I kinda wanted Cas to be Jean's roommate XD I kno--

WAIT ONE HOT SECOND

What if there was a mistake and the school actually admitted more people than usual, making some people have to have an extra roommate? Would that be okay? XD RIP Cas, rooming with two boys. Lol

This is Jean's first non-king-size bed, so he's already going to be complaining about space. Being forced to share it with two other people... let's do it! I love to torture my muses! Just be aware that you're not going to just have obnoxious Jean on your hands, you're gonna have a freaking grouch too. Still, let's see if @Crims0n agrees before we do anything.

yay :D that means I could have Miel's sister join XD jk

I prefer to make someone else a little more unique in that being not so colorful XD

Also, @Occidentali's Karma, I doubt that the bed will have to be shared. There is more likely going to be multiple beds in the rooms. Unless you are talking about having to share one bed with another person, just so Cas can have her own bed XD

yay :D that means I could have Miel's sister join XD jk

I prefer to make someone else a little more unique in that being not so colorful XD

Also, @Occidentali's Karma, I doubt that the bed will have to be shared. There is more likely going to be multiple beds in the rooms. Unless you are talking about having to share one bed with another person, just so Cas can have her own bed XD

By "share it", I meant the room. XD But one of us will inevitably have to share our bed with Cas, or kick someone Crimson on to the floor.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
This is Jean's first non-king-size bed, so he's already going to be complaining about space. Being forced to share it with two other people... let's do it! I love to torture my muses! Just be aware that you're not going to just have obnoxious Jean on your hands, you're gonna have a freaking grouch too. Still, let's see if @Crims0n agrees before we do anything.
Im fine and up to anything so sure

Oh I meant to post this a while back, as I thought of a few questions while driving to the store this afternoon:

1. Are we allowed to catch Pokemon while we are at the school? Like, if we spot a Pokemon on the weekends or something? I guess what I'm asking is whether or not the four Pokemon max was an RP rule or an actual rule of Luvendale Academy.

2. Are there any competitions planned? Just wondering. I have an idea for one, if anyone is interested.

@Occidentali's Karma
1) I would prefer you had four Pokemon with you.
2) Indeed; all students will be entered into Contests and Showcases throughout the school years, and if you want, we can plan them here on the discussion thread.

Name:
Amadeus Erasmos
Appearance: Amadeus is of Chinese descent from his mother, so he retains an Asian-like demeanor that can be more distinguishable than his English side, which was inherited by his father. Amadeus has black hair usually swept to the right with a tinge of brown, with a skin tone more on the tan side. He has deep amber eyes and a medium build, standing at 5'5. His casual attire usually consists of a basic tee, navy jeans, grey sneakers, and a black backpack. Whenever he is required or chooses to dress formally, he wears a dark grey suit and tie, the necktie, slacks, leather belt, and loafers being pitch black.
Personality: Amadeus is an overall "buddy". He is always there if you need to rant or if you need a shoulder to cry on, and will always try his utmost best to comfort you when you feel upset.
Backstory: Amadeus was born into a home-y family, with a younger sister and brother. His family wasn't rich, but they weren't poor either. One day, when Amadeus was 13, he spectated a Pokemon Contest and was awestruck at how elegant everyone's Pokemon looked. Since then, Amadeus had been striving to become not the best Pokemon Coordinator, but a Coordinator that everyone would remember. Working many part-time jobs, He finally earned enough money to gain admission into Luvendale Academy.
Pokemon: Haxorus (M), Feraligatr (M), Talonflame (M) (Shiny) (Scorch)
Other: N/A

By the way, people who want to add a second OC and have already had their first one accepted by me can go ahead and jump into the RP with their second, as I have already confirmed you have read the rules ^-^