• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join It's Showtime! (Coordinator College RP Discussion)

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
In the anime Pokémon can learn more than 4 moves, but then the Pokémon has to forget an existing move within its 4 recent moveset already

Recall Pikachu is in Volt Tackle lately? No? It’s because it got replaced by Electro Ball lol

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
btw, @Pretty Pichu, it's probably gonna get quite boring eventually, what with the continuous act of trading blows, so who do you want to come out on top? @Crims0n feel free to provide your input as well
I find the two to be really solid. I feel since it’s such an intense battle already, it should be a tie.

Also question: Out of the students, how would y’all rank the students from best to not-the-best Coordinator.

I remember that, and got upset. They were trying to be more in line with the games with the 4 move rule and everything. Before that though, they were experimenting on more moves that a Pokemon can learn. Ash's Snorlax used Protect, Headbutt, Ice Punch, Hyper Beam, Rest, and Body Slam. But, during the Orange League, Drake had Dragonite use Water Gun, Ice Beam, Slam, Dragon Rage, Thunderbolt, Body Slam, Thunder, and Hyper Beam. Just to throw that out there. They soon kind of stopped with the idea after that and left it as it was with the four moves thing.

And even though Butch's Pangoro is quite resilient and powerful, Dylan might actually win point-wise. Pangoro has been trying to be smart with his attacks, but if Evindal begins to do something flashy, Butch will lose. Otherwise, it will be a tie.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
And even though Butch's Pangoro is quite resilient and powerful, Dylan might actually win point-wise. Pangoro has been trying to be smart with his attacks, but if Evindal begins to do something flashy, Butch will lose. Otherwise, it will be a tie.
If Butch loses, more Butch development lol

It would be quite hard, because 1. Everyone's only had like 1 chance to display their skills and 2. It's pretty hard not to get self-centered xD
Go biased. And based it on what you’ve seen so far

I wanna see what the owner thinks of the OCs lol

And then maybe combine that with some other attack at the same time. Doesn't matter which, just as long as it makes sense for your Pokemon to learn it in the first place.

Hey now XD I don't remember that from the anime, then again, I stopped watching it when Ash made it to the Unova region. XD Maybe his Snivy did something like that, but I don't remember XD I haven't watched a single Pokemon episode in 5 years. XD

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Hey now XD I don't remember that from the anime, then again, I stopped watching it when Ash made it to the Unova region. XD Maybe his Snivy did something like that, but I don't remember XD I haven't watched a single Pokemon episode in 5 years. XD
Oh really?
Well it originated from the Sinnoh Region. A whole bunch of Pokemon did it. It wasn't specifically break dancing, but had a similar feel. it was called a Counter Shield.
There's a couple who did it:
Pickachu w/ Thunderbolt
Chimchar w/ Flamethrower
Buizel w/ Water Gun
Piplup w/ Bubblebeam
Gastrodon w/ Muddy Water

Oh, I remember that now. Hardly watched the episodes from the Sinnoh Region. I had my falling out with the anime then. Although, none of them used a Grass-Type attack as a Counter Shield. XD and this really isn't a counter shield, it's more like "I'm hitting you with an AOE attack that is more powerful than an Aerial Ace and can really screw you over, and I'm going to look cool doing it".

Hey, counter shields don't last long XD it is cool, but not as cool as a breakdancing lizard spewing leaves everywhere and making them sparkle.

Wonder what Omni is going to think seeing all of this XD The discussion blowing up like it is.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Name: Alan Rightin
Appearance: He has Green eyes, he is thin (not stick thin, medium) and wears a vest over his shirt (usually unzipped or unbuttoned, he has a-lot). He wears closed in shoes because of his pokemon stepping on his foot, HE BIGGG 6'1
Personality: He is almost always exited when his pokemon complete a new trick, he is mostly humble when he is doing other things
Backstory: He was a normal kid with a interest in becoming a pokemon coordinator. He studied hard and didn't sleep for two days untill he taught Mraxi a trick once.
Pokemon: Grimber (Fraxure), Xanix (Haunter), Mraxi (Maractus), Choppie (Scyther) (I plan on giving him ' Holy Bugumba ')
Other: Mraxi is shiny

(IF I MISSED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW)

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Do you want to win?
I don’t really care honestly, I’m in it for the character development lol

If Crimson wins, Aria would develop more. She would see Crimson as someone to beat, sensing he was already good. Maybe overestimating him a bit and he can beat her later on in the roleplay.

If Aria wins, Crimson’s development comes to play. Crimson could see that there’s more for him to win and he should focus on the battle more instead of making every move beautiful or something like that.

Both way goes fine because it would develop a rivalry between both Crimson and Aria.

It’s up to you to choose, I’m easy going so I can flow with whatever

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
@OmnipotentOnion I have an idea for some sort of arc or plot line or whatever

It’s just a suggestion but

I was thinking about some sort of plot line where a teacher gives us these random eggs for the trainers to raise and practice coordinating with

These eggs can be the trainers 5th Pokemon or what not

What I was thinking that these eggs either be randomized or you decide personally what each trainer gets

Like I said it’s only a suggestion and you can shoot it down whenever

The random egg for Miel would be a Togedemaru. Two types he hardly knows about, and I'll be making that little guy mischievous XD

Well, I'm making plans that may not be approved because it is your call, but ya know XD I wanted to choose something that his two preferred types are weak against.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
The random egg for Miel would be a Togedemaru. Two types he hardly knows about, and I'll be making that little guy mischievous XD

Well, I'm making plans that may not be approved because it is your call, but ya know XD I wanted to choose something that his two preferred types are weak against.
If it were up to me, I wouldn’t immediately give Miel that Togedemaru lol. I would be using this random generator I found online to see which person he’s which random Pokémon. But again it’s not up to me lol

I know, but I wanted to give him a challenge. He hasn't trained a Togedemaru before, and even though he has taken care of them, it was only for a moment. Togedemaru, in his eyes, are the hardest Pokemon to train and take care of.

I don’t really care honestly, I’m in it for the character development lol

If Crimson wins, Aria would develop more. She would see Crimson as someone to beat, sensing he was already good. Maybe overestimating him a bit and he can beat her later on in the roleplay.

If Aria wins, Crimson’s development comes to play. Crimson could see that there’s more for him to win and he should focus on the battle more instead of making every move beautiful or something like that.

Both way goes fine because it would develop a rivalry between both Crimson and Aria.

It’s up to you to choose, I’m easy going so I can flow with whatever
Another thing to note is that if Aria wins, it would inflate her ego even more seeing as she beat (in her eyes) the only real competition to her, which could set her up to lose later.

I'm thinking maybe Aria should win, but at the same time it doesn't matter too much to me

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Another thing to note is that if Aria wins, it would inflate her ego even more seeing as she beat (in her eyes) the only real competition to her, which could set her up to lose later.

I'm thinking maybe Aria should win, but at the same time it doesn't matter too much to me
Aight we can go with that, just set up for me to lose or something lol and I'll post
EDIT: mb i forgot you posted, ill post now lol

Is the four move limit a hard rule? I thought of a good combination but that'd mean my Flygon would have used at least 5 moves in the battle. No big deal if I can only use four, I'm more just wondering.

This follows the anime. Omni said we can use more than 4 moves. I just limit my Pokemon's moves based on their preferences and their battle-style so they won't have every single move in their arsenal.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Is the four move limit a hard rule? I thought of a good combination but that'd mean my Flygon would have used at least 5 moves in the battle. No big deal if I can only use four, I'm more just wondering.
No, it’s not a hard rule
I gave my Pokémon 6 moves each max, you can see it in my signature
Though when worst comes to worst, I may give a possible 7th move
But it’s limited to 6 right now

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Crimson and Aria finished their battle
Since there’s no one major is battling, we can move on to the next period I think

@OmnipotentOnion I think you missed a new bio that someone posted, asking to join.

And as we move on, we can and should add more people in the rp maybe to keep it alive