• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

It's All Just a Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
OoC: Alright, I came up with this idea and I thought I'd share it. But I won't share it with just anybody. There is currently an opening for FOUR people and four people only. ONE opening left. All spots have been filled, thank you to all who PM'd (or didn't >.> ) Better luck next time.

Also, at some point in the near future I'll be writing a fic about Rein's past. I doubt there are, but if there is somehow anyone who cares, there are spoilers... To my unwritten fic XD

BiC:

The sun was beginning to rise on the city of Vermilion, a bitter cold was carried along by the breeze. Rein walked bundled, holding his Umbreon, Lunara, against him inside of his black suit jacket. Beneath the jacket he was wearing a blood red collared shirt. On his legs he had black slacks, and on his feet were a new pair of black and green high-top athletic shoes. His hair was short, only barely down to his ears. It was black with streaks of pale green that matched his eye color running through it. The smell of salt water stung his nose as he wandered the docks of Vermilion.

Lunara shifted in his arms, she was impatiently pressing against him more firmly to try and get warm. "You know," Rein said as he hugged his Umbreon against him for warmth, "If you'd just go in your Pokeball for once, you wouldn't have to be out here in the cold." As a response, Lunara simply looked at him with a look that Rein knew to mean that she wouldn't ever leave him to wander on his own. Rein and his Umbreon did everything together, they'd been best friends since Rein was only a child. He saved Lunara from some terrible happenings, but Rein didn't like to think about it, that was a story for another time. "I know. And I'm glad you'll always be here for me, but I have a jacket to keep me warm," He said with a shiver, "And it may not be doing a very good job, but that's not the point. The point is that I'd much rather you be warm in your Pokeball than freezing out here with me." Lunara nuzzled against him again, "I'm not going anywhere, I promise." He knew it was futile, the Pokemon wouldn't stand for it, she wouldn't leave him alone, even for a second.

The sun was now above the horizon, soon it would warm them up somewhat, but not enough to remove the jacket. Rein didn't mind, he preferred the chill of the winter to the heat of the summer, but he was tired from a night of walking. "Let's see if we can find that boat." Rein muttered, he'd walked all night to come to Vermilion to follow a rumor. He heard that a woman with light blue hair and pale green eyes, wearing a blue and black dress had passed through Saffron. He heard she was on her way to Vermillion to get aboard a ship that would be at the docks by the name of the Splashing Magikarp. Rein desperately hoped that it was his sister, Alice, it had been two years since he'd last seen a glimpse of her at a tournament. He'd been searching for her since he left home, which had been nearly ten years prior. Lunara nuzzled against him again, only a bit more softly and reassuringly. Even she knew what it meant to Rein to see his sister again.

The ship wasn't at the docks, the only one he could see was the S.S. Anne. He hung his head and was prepared to quit when he noticed something on the horizon. A ship was coming in to dock, and as it drew closer he saw the name of the ship on the side. "That's it… It's really here." He said in disbelief. The ship came in to dock, and Rein was waiting for the captain as soon as it did. "Excuse me sir," He said as a man hopped down off of the deck and onto the dock, "Where did you just come from?"

The man he addressed was a young man, the part of a sailor didn't suit him well at all. He was wearing a blue suit that was damp from the ocean air, and he turned with a smile. "Why, this ship has just returned from Adventure Island." The man waved his arm through the air as he said the name of the island.

Rein and Lunara looked at each other. "Adventure Island? How did you get there, a quick trip down Pedophile Lane?" Rein asked sarcastically, normally he wouldn't have been so rude, but a night spent with no sleep, while walking and worrying about his sister made him slightly less reserved.

"Well, you're just hilarious." The man said losing his confident smile, "Look, I don't know what the place is all about, I just get paid to take people there." He began walking away again.

"Well, what about me? Can you take me there?" Rein cut the man off, nearly causing him to fall off of the dock.

"Sorry kid, I can't take anybody there who doesn't have an invitation. It's an exclusive island."

"Then can I ask a question, at least?" The man rolled his eyes and nodded, "Did you take a girl with light blue hair to the island recently?"

The man looked at him, as if seeing him for the first time. He noticed Rein's eye color. "What's your name?" The man asked suddenly.

"Rein. Why?"

"Come back in six hours, that's when my next trip to the island is." The man said as he side-stepped Rein.

"Just like that?" Rein called after him, "I thought I needed an invitation!"

"That girl you were asking about had one for you." The man called back to him. Rein smiled, so it really was Alice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The island wasn't extraordinarily large, but there were trainers flooding in by the boat load, quite literally. Apparently the group in charge of the island had been scouting for worthy enough trainers to visit the island. The entry arch was enormous, and two huge steel doors were closed, making entry impossible for the moment. Rein tried to find Alice in the group of people, but there were too many to sort through. He decided it'd just be best to wait. Trainers from around the world continued to arrive. Until, at last, the ships stopped coming. When Rein saw the number of people, he forced Lunara to return to her Pokeball, the last thing he needed was to be separated from his Umbreon.

"Welcome, everyone." A voice rang over the loud speakers, there was a man standing atop the arch, all Rein could see was that he was in a white suit of sorts. "This is Adventure Island, inside you will find an entirely new world to explore. Please, find the nearest attendant to get your locator bracers." Suddenly hundreds of people flooded in from hidden doorways, each of them had a bag full of electronic armbands that covered from one's wrist to forearm. There were easily one thousand trainers on the tiny beach outside of the entryway, and lines began to form in front of the attendants.

"Hello, sir," An overly friendly man in a white uniform said as Rein approached him, "You'll be in group eighty-four. Here's your bracer." He handed Rein one of the bracers, it clamped onto Rein's arm and began blinking green, electronic locks set in and the bracer was stuck to his arm.

"By now, you'll all be noticing the electronic locks. You cannot remove these bracers for the duration of your stay." The man atop the arch said, "This island, as you will see once you get inside, is one giant game board. You've each been assigned a group of five, and that group will be your family while you are here. The game board is divided into squares that are roughly half a mile long. In order to move from one square to another you must complete a challenge. Failure to do so will result in your bracer sending a slight shock into your system that will continue for as long as you are in an area you have not been permitted to enter. The challenge is a battle with another one of the groups. The losing group will be disqualified from the game and taken to an area where they will await the game to end, while the winning group will be allowed to move one square." There was a multitude of murmurs from the crowd.

Rein looked around and saw the various expressions among the crowd. Some people were incredibly confused, others were ready to just leave, and some were just downright excited. Rein knew that if Alice was here, there had to be something bigger going on.

"Now, I will leave you with this." The man took a serious tone as he said this, "Danger is very real on this island, you will all be faced with the task to survive in this jungle, as well as complete battles against not only other trainers, but against wild Pokemon as well. But just as the danger is real, so too is the reward for winning. The group that wins the game will receive a reward far greater than anything they could imagine."

The gates swung open, and people began to pile in, there were signs with numbers ranging from one to two hundred. The groups were supposed to stand by their numbers and then they'd be taken to their starting place on the ‘board.' Something about this place just doesn't sit right with me… He thought as he looked around at the vast jungle that made up the entirety of the island. At the dead center was a large white building. It looked like a mixture between a medieval castle and a modern mansion. Rein found the eighty-four and waited to see who his group would be.

OoC: Ok, that about does it. As you can see, I intend for everyone involved in this RP to be in the same group, hence the reason it's limited to four openings. Your post should include how you get your invitation and how you come to the island, all that jazz. So I hope you enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joanith woke up earlier than he usually did this morning; he could not sleep through his excitement. He headed over to the mirror to look at himself and began to flex. He was fit for his age, but his muscular level was not obnoxious, rather nicely trimmed. The sports and running around actually paid off, thought Joanith. He headed closer to the mirror and closed up on his face. Examining his eyes, he noticed that the royal purple was dull this morning. "Must be the lack of light", Joanith said to himself, "but I don't think that's what's wrong with my hair." He had just cut his hair the previous day and was now somewhat regretting it. His hair was short and white, but the top was a gray-blue. He did not worry about it too much, for today was his tenth birthday and he had been waiting forever to travel upon the open road.

Joanith quickly peered out his window, but, to his dismay, it was pouring. He slowly turned to see his Arcanine staring at him. "Great way to start the day, huh Growlie?" said Joanith sarcastically.

"Stop your bitching. It's just a passing hurricane, so it'll be over soon enough." Joanith, too tired to function properly, stared at Growlie in total shock. "Damnit boy, look at me when I'm speaking to you!" Joanith looked up to see his dad at the doorway, "How many times do I have to tell you that he can't talk?" Most children would be scared when their dad spoke to them in that tone, but his dad was smiling the whole time. He could not hurt a fly, none-the-less pretend to be mean. "I know you're anxious to leave, but I came in here to tell you that you have a package waiting for you at the PokéMart…" Joanith did not hear anything else his dad said. He had heard the one thing he wanted to hear: his parcel had finally arrived. Without a second thought, Joanith sprinted down to the PokéMart. "Son of a…!" his dad yelled after him, "At least put on some pants!"

It had stopped raining and had become more of a sprinkle. Hurricanes and the like were common to Olivine City. Joanith had lived at the Olivine docks all of his life. His dad was a sailor, so he had never questioned living there. It is not that he disliked living at the docks, but it was very boring to him. He was the only child living there. All the other residents were sailors, sea captains, fishermen, and an assortment of Pokémon. Since everyone was always busy working, he just played with the Pokémon -- this is what drove him to become a trainer. He would spend time with his family, but his mother left right after his birth, and his dad was constantly away at sea. He was never left alone, though for Growlie was left to watch over him. Joanith and Growlie had become best friends because of it. However, none of this was on his mind. He could only think about the package that he had been waiting three months for, and that he would be finally leaving this place.

Joanith finally reached the PokéMart. It was only a couple of minutes away from his house, but he got there in a record time of thirty seconds. "Good… morning, Joany," said the clerk in a bit of a shocked state, "Might I ask why you're in my store with just your boxers on?"

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Charles!" Joanith became extremely embarrassed at this point. No more wearing my dinosaur boxers on important days, thought Joanith. "My dad said that my package finally arrived, and I just couldn't wait another second." Charles could see the excitement in Joanith's eyes.

"Okay, I'll find your package in the back, but you have to run home and put some clothes on. I won't have you making a mockery of my store."

"Done!" Without missing a beat, Joanith ran back to his house.

"That kid…" chuckled Charles, pulling the package from underneath the counter, "Too excited to put on some damn clothes." In a matter of minutes, Joanith ran back into the store, this time out of breath from all the running. His outfit had been planned weeks before. He was wearing black jeans with some black-and-white tennis shoes. His black, leather belt had three empty pokéballs already attached to it. He topped it off (pun intended) with a light-blue shirt, to compliment his hair, and his favorite dark-grey athletic jacket.

"Now can I have my package?" said Joanith trying to catch his breath.

"Now that wasn't too hard," said Charles accompanied by a good hardy laugh. Joanith grabbed the package and opened it immediately. He just stared into the box without blinking. Charles curiosity was getting a hold of him, "Well, what is it?"

"It's my very first Pokémon!" Joanith slowly lifted the red and white pokéball eye level.

"Well, let him out outside. I don't want it messing up the store."

"You got it Charles! Thank you very much!" Joanith quickly jogged to behind the store. He threw his pokéball a few feet in front of him and red glow began to emit from the ball. It soon took shape and formed into exactly what he asked for, his very own Squirtle. Before the Squirtle even had time to blink, Joanith picked him up and raised him to eye level. "Well hey there! I'm Joanith!" The Squirtle, shocked at first, maneuvered out of the hold and landed on the ground. He then bowed and hugged Joanith's leg. "Come on; let's go back home so we can get ready to leave." Joanith hit the button on the pokéball and Squirtle went back inside.

Joanith quickly ran back home to pack, but his dad stopped him at the kitchen. "Don't you worry about packing, I got it ready for you while you were with Charles," said his dad.

"You didn't have to…" Joanith was quickly cut off.

"Ah, don't give me that shit. I did it and it's over with. Now time for your gift." Joanith's dad left the room for a minute and stepped back in with nothing.

Being very confused at this point, Joanith said, "I… thought you said there was a gift."

"Yeah, I just left the room for anticipation," chuckled Joanith's dad, "I do have two things for you though. The first gift is Growlie." Joanith became speechless, and his already excited heart started pounding faster. "I know that he's always pretty much been yours, but now he is officially yours. And secondly, a ticket! But not just any ticket!" Joanith's heart was pounding faster at this point, and he felt a little lightheaded. "I found it floating around the docks a few days ago, so I didn't know too much about this, but it takes you to a place called Adventure Island. You'll be going there on a boat called The Milky Milktank, and it's some sort of trainer get-together. I just thought that maybe you can meet a few other trainers there and maybe catch a few other Pokémon for your team…" Joanith was so excited by this point that he fainted. His dad and Growlie just looked at each other. "Well, he's your problem now," chuckled the dad, "Now let's get him to the boat, it's leaving in an hour or so and I don't want you two to miss it."

Joanith woke up later with a grand view of the ocean. Surprised, he began to look around to get a hold on what was happening. He was in the middle of a small, fisherman's boat leaning upon a sleeping Growlie. There were two other people, whom seemed like trainers, sleeping near the front of the boat. The captain of the vessel noticed that Joanith had woken up and walked a little closer. "How yah feelin', kid? Your dad said that you blacked out before comin' board Milky here." He sat down on the edge of the boat.

"Milky? …Oh! …the ship." He began to remember why he was there. "Yeah, I think that not sleeping too well, not eating, and all the excitement finally got to me," laughed Joanith shyly. The captain smiled, nodded, and tossed Joanith an apple. He caught it and tore through his small meal like it was nothing. After a few minutes, he asked, "Can you tell me what's on Adventure Island?"

Without moving, the captain replied, "I'm afraid I don't know too much, but those two kids over there told me a little before fallin' asleep. It's a sorta tournament, I guess. Groups n' challenges n' such. I jus' get paid to take yah there, so I didn't ask my employers too much. Don't wanna be askin' too many annoyin' questions to the people wit' the money, right?" The captain seemed calm and was quite polite compared to the fishermen Joanith was used to. The captain then stood up. "Anythin' else I can help yah with?"

"Yeah, do you know about when we'll be getting there?"

"I'd say that the island will be in view ina good hour r' so. We should be gettin' there in another two hours r' more."

"Thank you for your help," said Joanith, now a little more at ease and excited. The captain nodded and went back to the wheel. Growlie and the other two trainers would not wake up until reaching the island.

When the island came into view, Joanith noticed that is was not too large in size; at least not to what he had imagined it to be. The only thing he could see was many trees and a giant, steel arch that seemed to block off the rest of the island. There were not too many ships at the edge, though he could see that many of them had already left and had made a good head start. When the docks eventually came into view, he saw what seemed to be hundreds of people. "Sorry, but I think that I assumed too much of Milky, and we came in a little late," said the captain quickly, noticing all the people, too.

After docking, Growlie and Joanith began to walk toward the rest of the people. He began to hear mumbles from far away speaker systems. While failing to hear what was being said, he did not notice an annoyed woman in a white suit and coat come out in front of him. "You're late," said the woman impatiently. In a quick motion, she rolled up Joanith's left jacket sleeve and attached a computerized system onto his arm. "Your group is eighty-four." He didn't have enough time to ask anything. The grand gates under the arch began to open and the woman immediately pushed him in the direction of the entrance. What an unfriendly little bitch, thought Joanith, Good thing I'm right handed. Without knowing what to do, he hopped on Growlie and he ran towards to arch.

Growlie began to slow down upon arriving next to the gates. Joanith hopped down and looked around. He saw that there were a couple hundred signs with numbers on them. Are those supposed to be our group numbers? Joanith thought. Not knowing, Joanith sprinted and pushed past other lost people, Growlie close behind, down the rows of numbers until he finally saw the number eighty-four. He stopped to catch his breath so he did not make a fool of himself. After a minute or so, Joanith began to walk over to his number and noticed a man in a black suit top looking around.

Joanith walked up and tapped him on the shoulder, "Hey there, I'm Joanith, or Joany; whatever you feel like calling me. Oh, and this is Growlie." Without any room for interruption, "I assume you're in group eighty-four as well. Would you be able to tell me what this place is about? My boat came in late and no one has told me anything."

Rex

Resident Furry
Tony stretched; it was nice to be on dry land again. He was wearing his Team Magma uniform, so everyone was avoiding him. He didn't care, he preferred it that way. The ride on the S.S. Anne was long and boring; he had a few hours before he had to get on another ship that would take him to his destination. "Well, we've got a couple hours, what do you want to do first?" He asked Seth, his Buizel. The Pokémon looked around the dock, and pointed to a hotdog stand. "You're hungry too, eh? Alright, let's go."

The man serving the hotdogs was a very edgy man, but the two of them were eventually able to get some food off of him. As they ate, Tony remembered the mission he had been given, "A direct order from the boss…" He thought, "How strange." He opened up the letter again.

As you may well know, my admins and I are thinking of promoting you. However, before we even contemplate promoting you, I have once last job you need to do. I have received an Invitation to a place called "Adventure Island." It is a small island off the coast of Kanto. I want you to go in my steed. The ticket enclosed will get you to the island. And I have already notified them of this. The boat to the island leaves in several days for good. Do not fail me, or the consequences will be dire.

-Team Magma boss, Maxie

The letter had come with tickets for the S.S. Anne, as well as an odd ticket that was needed to take him to the island. "You done eating?" Tony asked Seth. The Pokémon nodded. "Okay, let's head to the dock"

At the dock was a new ship, called the Splashing Magikarp. It was a small vessel. A sailor stepped off the ship. "Hey kid, can I help you?" The sailor asked. Tony handed the sailor his Ticket. "Ah, your Maxie's replacement, get in please." Tony hopped into the boat, and returned Seth to his pokeball. "Sorry buddy, I've got the feeling that you are better off inside your pokeball.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony's feeling was correct. There were maybe 300 trainers in the small harbor already. "Wait here until you are let into the main area." Tony didn't have much choice, the entrance was closed, and the doors were thick steel. He lowered his hood, and prepared for the wait.

Several Hours later

A man walked by him, trying to force his Umbreon into its pokeball. There were now so many trainers on the island that he nearly bumped into him. "Welcome, everyone." A voice rang out into the crowd. There was a man in an odd white suit standing atop the entrance to the islands interior. The voice came out of speakers positioned around the harbor. Tony was unfortunate enough to be standing right under one. "This is Adventure Island; inside you will find an entirely new world to explore. Please, find the nearest attendant to get your locator bracers." Hundreds of people swarmed out of hidden doorways in the harbor. They each carried a sack full of bracers. Tony got in line to receive one.

"Hello, sir" An extremely friendly woman in a white uniform attached the bracer to his arm. It covered his arm from wrist to forearm. It locked into place and started blinking a green light. "You are in group number 84" she said.

"By now, you'll all be noticing the electronic locks. You cannot remove these bracers for the duration of your stay." The man atop the entrance spoke again. "This island, as you will see once you get inside, is one giant game board. You've each been assigned a group of five, and that group will be your family while you are here. The game board is divided into squares that are roughly half a mile long. In order to move from one square to another you must complete a challenge. Failure to do so will result in your bracer sending a slight shock into your system that will continue for as long as you are in an area you have not been permitted to enter. The challenge is a battle with another one of the groups. The losing group will be disqualified from the game and taken to an area where they will await the game to end, while the winning group will be allowed to move one square." That got everyone talking.

"Now, I will leave you with this." The man suddenly got very serious. "Danger is very real on this island, you will all be faced with the task to survive in this jungle, as well as complete battles against not only other trainers, but against wild Pokémon as well. But just as the danger is real, so too is the reward for winning. The group that wins the game will receive a reward far greater than anything they could imagine."

The giant doors swung open. Everyone piled into the room. Inside were signs with numbers ranging from 1 to 200.The groups were to stand by their signs and wait to be taken to there spot on the "Board. The jungle on the other side of the gate seemed to expand forever. In the middle a Chateau-like building rose out of the jungle. Tony found sign marked "84," there was the man from the harbor there, the one with the Umbreon, with him was a 10 year old with an Arcanine. Tony signaled the two, to let them know he was in their group, then sat down to wait for the other two members.

"Well, this should be interesting," he thought. He let Seth back out of his pokeball, "What do you think?" He Buizel stared at him, not offering any response...

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
OOC: Okies. This takes place further in the future than I plan to go with the fics, so spoiler warning. If you're a fan of my little fic-series don't read unless you want to be spoiled. I'll be as vague as possible though. >_>

BIC:
"I'm not going to any bloody island!" Sem said adamantly. "I'm done with islands. First my little adventure in the Sevii Islands and then that whole ordeal on the Island of Godforsaken Souls." He tossed the envelope across the table at which he sat. It slid to a young girl who sat on the other side.

"It's an organized event, I don't think anything bad will happen," said the voice of another girl in the room.

"None of us have the right to assume nothing bad will happen to us," Sem retorted, glancing up at the young woman who stood over the table, long black hair cascading down her back and over her shoulder as she leered at him.

The other girl who sat across from him took the envelope and tapped it against the table, biting her lip as she looked at him with her storm-gray eyes.

Looking back and forth from both pairs of eyes, "I'm twenty-one! I can do what I want!" He mumbled. "If I don't want to go to some silly island then I won't go."

"No, no, Sem," the standing girl said, reaching a hand out for a red apple from the bowl on the table. "We're women," she took a bite and swallowed. "we can make you do whatever we want." On her face was a wicked grin. From behind him Sem could hear his sableye cackling.

-------

The young man stood on the docks of Lilycove, arms crossed and his foot tapping as he waited for the Snarly Sharpedo to dock.

"The cheesy ship name doesn't help," Sem muttered. Sableye sat on his trainer's right shoulder, silently observing the docks and those who worked on them; as always the ghost/dark-type had on his unsettling grin.

The young man wore a pair of black cargo shorts with a pair of his black and white athletic shoes with blue sides. For a top he had on a sea green, long-sleeved hooded shirt. The shirt had black vine designs with some leaves thrown in, all of it set against a silvery overlay on top of the green fabric. He wore it with the sleeves rolled up and the hood off. His dark hair was short in the back and longer in the front and had an assortment of shades of brown. From a few light brown patches, to dark brown, to black. One of his most identifiable features however was a natural large streak of silvery hair on his fringe which went over the right side of his face. His skin was bronzed and he looked a bit younger than he really was. One eye was a deep blue, the right eye a cloudy white due to his lack of vision in that eye. He was a bit short at 5'5", few inches below the average. His frame actually was average, not wide or thin. Other than well developed leg muscles that most trainers his age had by now, his musculature was also average. Over his shoulders was slung a worn messenger bag and around his neck was a blue raindrop pendant.

Thinking to himself, Sem decided that he shouldn't be so against the idea of another adventure, even if the place was called Adventure Island. He hadn't really been out traveling, though recent events were to blame. On top of that he'd never really gotten an invitation to anything before. Sure he was a good trainer, good enough to sub for Candice up in Snowpoint on occasion, but he'd never gotten invited to anything. It'd be interesting to see what other kinds of people would be there.

After a few more minutes of this kind of thinking he decided to be optimistic on the whole issue and inhaled the ocean air to clear his senses.

-------

"I knew it, I freaking knew it," Sem growled as the locks of the bracer set themselves. He cursed himself even more upon finding out the Survivor aspect that this "game" had. Sableye only snickered at the boy, who seemed to believe that all the things to happen to him and his trainer were the best things ever.

As he made his way over to the gate he was supposed to be at he pulled out a small device and placed it in his right ear. It was a new type of earphone, made available through a certain connection his family had. It was small and quite comfortable, and, more importantly, compatible. Pulling out a glossy black pokéball with gold and red designs he released the pokémon inside it.

The white flash formed into the body of an odd creature that was more bird-like than anything, but even that was somewhat of a stretch. It was pink and blue and stared at Sem with large white eyes. A porygon2 is what it was, a new one that his parents had received from a company that no longer needed it. Isis was her name.

"Isis, get inside this thing, I want to know exactly what it is that's cutting off circulation to my hand," he hissed quietly.

"Of course," responded an electronic female voice just as softly. The voice wasn't entirely electronic, just enough to know it wasn't human, at least not an unaltered human voice. She did have a nice British accent. Isis' body turned into a nearly invisible stream of data that entered the blinking device. He continued walking, putting the Luxury ball away as he walked to gate number eighty-four.

"I will have to thank your parents for all of software they installed onto me," she said through the ear piece. It was true, the Aquaises liked to spoil their porygon. Of course, they're more careful with it now: last thing they needed was another one of him.

Sem shuddered.

"There are some nasty defenses in this thing, not a problem for me though. I can't see much now but I will keep you posted."

"Thank you," he whispered as he approached his gate. "Great," he muttered to himself so they wouldn't hear. "My 'family' is a kid, one of the red hippies with horns, and..." he paused a bit, looking at the young man in a suit. "Rein?" He approached the teen, glancing at Sableye to see if he remembered. Of course, the gremlin pokémon was more interested in scaring people around them with an assortment of scary smiles. It had been years, but he could see the resemblance.

"Rein?"

(DO.NOT.SHOOT.PLZKTHX)

Rayford was fresh out of the finest university available to those on the Kanto-Johto land mass, and was eager to explore, and experience the world. That's why, when he was invited to an "Adventure Island" by his old roommate, his heart nearly skipped a beat with excitement.

-------

Olivine City dock was nearly empty as the sun slowly rose over the horizon and a slight breeze carried the smell of sea salt through the air. Rayford sat alone on a bench, a small notebook open on his lap, pencil in hand. His shirt was a deep green, and he was wearing a light-brown jacket to guard himself from the wind. Simple jeans and black sneakers finished off his attire.

His eyes scanned the pencil-scarred pages of the notebook, lit by the slowly rising sun. When he reached the end of the page he was on, Rayford closed the notebook, shoved it inside a pocket, and stood up, stretching and yawning. He tossed a Poke ball out of his hand, calmly saying "Olive".

A green dinosaur, with a large flower around it's neck, quickly materialized from a red laser. The Meganium stretched her long, pale green neck, and blinked several times before turning to face Rayford. She let out a small squeel of happiness, and rested her head on top of his. Ray reached up to scratch the top of his head, and turned to face the dock, where the "Entei of the Sea" was pulling up. The Trainer and Herb Pokemon walked down to the concrete dock, and were assisted on board the small-yet rather impressive ship by a man wearing sunglasses.

----------------

"Reward greater than anything we could imagine, huh?" Rayford questioned sarcastically as he tried to pick at the lock with his hands, to no avail. Olive stood behind her trainer, her mouth curved into a frown, head to the side.

Before Rayford could do anything, the crowd began moving, and her and Olive were pushed towards the entrance to the "jungle" as it had been described. His number was 84, and he and his Pokemon walked towards his group... they were..... diverse was the only word Rayford come up with on the spot. A young man dressed incredibly well for a jungle, someone in a Team Magma Uniform, one of them looked no older than ten years old, despite what he did to his hair...Rayford paused as he scanned the group. The final member seemed to be the most "normal" to him, though the streak of silver hair through him off a bit, Rayford was hardly used to anything but his plain brown.

He extended his hand to the group, speaking confidently, yet cautiously, (contradictions for the win? I guess like, his voice was confident, but he was wary of speaking to the group)

"M'names Rayford, but since we're 'family' out here, might as well call me Ray. Thisere's Olive." he spoke, gesturing to the hard-to-miss dinosaur behind him.

Rein leisurely held his hands behind his head and cracked his spine. He sighed as he looked around at the surroundings, "Jungle, indeed." He mumbled as he removed his jacket and slung it over his left shoulder, rolling up the sleeves of his red dress shirt as he did so. He had already had enough of this island, he hadn't even captured a glimpse of Alice so far.

Letting out another sigh, he release Lunara from her Pokeball, she reacted by turning her back on him and acting irritated. "Hey, don't be like that, you see how many people there are here?" He motioned to the other groups forming around them, "Would you have rather gotten separated?" He asked, giving Lunara pause.

After another moment of the cold shoulder, she leapt up into his arms with a happy cry of "Umbreon," which was obviously an expression of gratitude at finally being released from the Pokeball. Rein smiled thoughtfully as he placed Lunara back on the ground, just then he felt a tap on his shoulder. He spun on his heels with a start, sighing yet again when he saw it was a boy no older than twelve, probably younger.

"Hey there, I'm Joanith, or Joany; whatever you feel like calling me. Oh, and this is Growlie." The boy said, rather unsure of himself.

Rein smiled sincerely at the boy, "Well, hey there--" He began before the boy, Joanith, just continued speaking.

"I assume you're in group eighty-four as well. Would you be able to tell me what this place is about? My boat came in late and no one has told me anything." He sort of sputtered, Rein chuckled lightly.

"Ah, a late comer, eh?" He teased, "Well, I'm pretty sure that you're away this place is called Adventure Island. Terribly cheesy name, I know." He said as he scratched the back of his head, "Pretty much, you've found yourself smack dab in the middle of a survival game mixed with a tournament, or so that monkey-suited man atop the arch said. We'll be in a group together for the duration of the tournament, and if we win, we get some sort of prize. That about sums it up." He finished, double checking in his mind whether or not he forgot anything, "Oh, yeah, another important thing, if we enter an area we aren't permitted to be in, these... things will shock us until we get back where we're supposed to be." He said holding up his arm with the bracer on it.

Rein smiled and then continued, "But no worries, just stick with the group and everything will be fine. By the way, my name is Rein." He pointed at himself with his thumb and then pointed down at his Umbreon, "And she's Lunara." Lunara answered with a lighthearted 'eon' before approaching Joanith's Arcanine and examining it, as if to judge whether or not it could be trusted. She was always wary when meeting new people. His smile turned into a slight smirk, there was no insincerity in his voice or on his visage, he had a soft spot for kids after what he'd gone through.

His lightheartedness disappeared, however, when he caught sight of the next member of their group: a member of Team Magma. Sure, they weren't exactly the same, but their manner of doing things wasn't too different, "Great," He heard himself growl when he saw the Team Magma grunt signal that he was in their group, "All we need is one of that lot." He mumbled. Sure, he didn't have any malice on his face, and he seemed to treat his Buizel decently enough, but it had to be an act. He knew only too well how cruel people in those organizations could be.

He decided to go over and chat with the guy, Lunara picked up on his distrust and growled lowly at the grunt. "Rein?" He heard from behind him before he managed to walk over to the Team Magma grunt. He turned and was practically smacked in the face by shock.

"Sem?" Rein practically whispered, it had been years since they had crossed paths, but he'd recognize Sem anywhere, particularly after what he had done to set Rein straight. He completely forgot about the Magma man and walked over to Sem, he still carried Sableye on his shoulder. Rein couldn't help but chuckle when he saw the dark/ghost type scaring people nearby. "I can't believe it," He stated, still utterly shocked, "It's been so long." Lunara started tugging at his leg, "Oh, you remember, Lunara? She wants to say 'hi.'" He laughed. Lucky Sem was there, so far their 'family' didn't seem to be one of the strongest groups on the board.

Rein still couldn't believe that Sem had been invited to the Island, too, not that Rein had been officially invited, but he chose to ignore that fact. He was there now, after all, and that's all that mattered. Even though, a tournament wasn't exactly what he had in mind when he departed from Kanto.

When the final member of their little 'family' arrived at the sign and introduced himself as Rayford, Rein reached out and grabbed his extended hand, "Rein," He said simply, then gesturing to his Umbreon yet again he added, "And this is Lunara." Then he turned back to finish speaking with Sem, before the attendant holding their group number began to speak up.

"Ah, good, you're all here. If you'd please follow me," The woman wearing another overly friendly smile and a white jumpsuit said and began to trudge through the jungle on a barely visible path, "Please stay close to me, as I am carrying the resonator that is currently preventing you from being shocked." She added, she spoke almost like a tour guide. Rein looked at Joanith and motioned for him to walk in front of him, he wasn't about to let that poor kid get left behind.

"Funny, I was paired with a kid not much older than him in my last tournament," He chuckled to Sem, "Although, she acted very mature for her age, and that Mismagius of hers took better care of her than I could." He sighed as he remembered, "Fida, I think her name was. Sweet kid," He trudged along behind the attendant, cursing himself for wearing his current attire as they climbed over roots and pushed through vines, the buzzing of bug Pokemon filled the air, and somewhere in the distance a murder of Murkrows cawed. All in all the jungle didn't seem to be all that bad, but the sun was still up at this point.

"Your starting position is on the North Beach Space," She informed them as they walked, "We will be there in about an hour, once we arrive you will receive a map of the island that will show you your current location, along with the spaces adjacent to you that you can move to upon your victory in a battle." She said politely and quickly.

"Sem," He whispered to the man so that the attendant wouldn't hear, "What do you make of this place? Something doesn't feel right..."

OoC: All righty then, feel free to have some interaction and stuff. As you can see, it's a long walk for us to get to know one another. IF, however, you cannot post anything off of this post, which has been known to happen from time to time, just let me know and I will fast forward it a bit more.

Rex

Resident Furry
OoC: btw Sem, I love how you describe my character. Never heard of a member of Team Magma being called "one of the red hippies with horns" It makes me laugh every time I read it!

BiC: Tony looked around at the four people that made up his group. There was a young kid. He looked to be about 10 years old, the age most trainers started there journey. However the Arcanine with him looked much too powerful, maybe his parent's? The child was fairly muscular, with the air of a seaman. Tony was very uncomfortable around the Arcanine, since one like it had given him the three scar marks running down his cheek, even though that was 4 years ago…

There was also a man in a black suit, minus the jacket, which was slung over his shoulder. He had an odd hair color, black and green; it matched his shoes, and his eyes. Tony knew he had an Umbreon, but not much else. He looked maybe 20 years old. His name was Rein, he hadn't asked the man his name, rather he overheard another member say it. Tony saw that Rein immediately didn't trust him, it didn't matter; it came with the job. He made as if to speak with him, but was stopped by the next member to come over.

The third member was a young man who looked about Tony's age. He was deep in conversation with the man, Rein. He didn't like being here. His right eye was clouded over, suggesting he was blind in that eye. His Sableye was having a blast, scaring the members of other groups. When he had first come over Tony could tell that this man didn't like him or the kid. Sem was his name, the other man, Rein, had said it, though Tony had to strain to hear it it was so quiet.

The forth, and final, member was a young man. He was doing his best to be outgoing, introducing himself as soon as he came over. His Meganium appeared to be fiercely loyal to him, shadowing his every movement. He introduced himself as Rayford, Ray for short. He looked well educated.

Shortly after Ray came over the attendant holding the sign with their number on it began speaking. "Ah, good, you're all here. If you'd please follow me," Like most of the people here, speak wore a white outfit, and a big smile. She led them down through the forest on an old path in need of repairs. "Please stay close to me, as I am carrying the resonator that is currently preventing you from being shocked," she called back. Tony picked up Seth in a piggy-back fashion and hurried to catch up.

"Your starting position is on the North Beach Space," She informed them as they walked, "We will be there in about an hour, once we arrive you will receive a map of the island that will show you your current location, along with the spaces adjacent to you that you can move to upon your victory in a battle." She talked fast, and was very polite.

Seth pointed at Rein, with a look that said, "Go talk to him."

"I don't want to make conversation right now."

Seth glared at him, and pointed again at Rein, the look in his eye's said, "You promised you'd talk to them if they wanted to talk to you."

"Well, you got me there; fine I'll see what he wanted"

Tony made to catch up with Rein and Sem, Seth holding on to his shoulders looking pleased with himself. He slowed once he was next to the man, currently engaged in conversation with Sem. He waited a bit for there conversation to die down then said, "You wanted to speak with me?"

OoC: I was able to get a little bit, nothing much, sorry. And yes, I am forcing a confrontation, thought it'd be interesting.

The man sort of chuckled lightly. "Ah, a late comer, eh? Well, I'm pretty sure that you're away this place is called Adventure Island. Terribly cheesy name, I know." He said as he scratched the back of his head, "Pretty much, you've found yourself smack dab in the middle of a survival game mixed with a tournament, or so that monkey-suited man atop the arch said. We'll be in a group together for the duration of the tournament, and if we win, we get some sort of prize. That about sums it up." He seemed to pause for a second. He looked like he was trying to think of something else to say, "Oh, yeah, another important thing, if we enter an area we aren't permitted to be in, these... things will shock us until we get back where we're supposed to be." He held up his arm with a bracer on it. He didn't point to the bracer itself, but it was pretty obvious due to it's size. "But no worries, just stick with the group and everything will be fine. By the way, my name is Rein." He pointed at himself with his thumb and then pointed down at his Umbreon, "And she's Lunara." Joanith quickly smiled and thanked him.

Well, at least someone knows what they're doing, Joanith joked to himself. He liked Rein; there was something about him that Joanith trusted and respected. Rein's Lunara slowly approached Growlie as if trying to sum him up. Growlie did not mind; he was old and was very lax around other Pokemon. Joanith looked back up to Rein to try and continue the conversation, but Rein's eyes were elsewhere. He was staring intently at a Team Magma member. Joanith never really understood what they did or stood for. He would see them on the news sometimes, but never payed attention. The Team Magma member just signaled Rein and Joanith before sitting down and letting out his Buizel.

"Rein?" Joanith looked around to see a young man looking at Rein. They seemed to recognize each other, as if old acquaintances.

If Rein trusts him, I guess I can, Joanith thought while quickly waving at the man with a streak of silver in his hair. Guess I'll play with Growlie. He lightly hopped a few inches to Growlie's side. Growlie rolled over on his back, and Joanith justed laughed. He began to rub his stomach when another man entered the area. He seemed like a nice, educated man. Joanith liked him already.

"M'names Rayford, but since we're 'family' out here, might as well call me Ray. Thisere's Olive." the man said, gesturing to Meganium behind him.

Joanith smiled and waved in return, "And I'm Joanith, but you can called me Joany. Whatever works best in your mind." He then proceeded to pet Growlie again, but saw that Rein was gesturing him over.

Noticing the woman with their sign was moving, I am just having the worst hearing today. He tapped Growlie and ran out in front of the group, Growlie being close behind. The woman was saying something about where they were going, but Joanith was too excited to care. After a few minutes of walking, he wanted to strike up a conversation. Before completely turning around, he began to say, "So, how long have you all been trai..." He stopped after noticing that several of them were in a group. Instead of completing what he was saying, he jumped on Growlie's back, facing towards the rest of the group, and just looked and listened to what was going on.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
OOC: @Tony. Well, it's true! Team Aqua and Team Magma are a bunch of over-glorified hippies. (And wannabe cultists according to Linkachu. I have to agree.) "Save our oceans!" "Save our land!" Anyway...

Also... My character Sem has never been on TV, at least not yet. I'd like it if you didn't auto my character, kthx.

BIC:
"So it is you..." Sem replied to Rein, looking him up and down. "Yeah, it has been a long time..." his voice trailed, his mind had gone back to the events that occurred years prior. He grinned, reaching out to scratch the umbreon behind her ears.

The young man nodded and introduced himself to the last member of their group to arrive, Rayford. He took a look at everyone in the group again, trying not to be too pessimistic. He knew he shouldn't be so inwardly cruel to the kid. Sem really wasn't a kid-person, aside from a rather major exception. The Team Magma grunt didn't seem too bad, yet anyway. He noted the buizel, which he found odd: not only are buizel foreign to Hoenn, Team Magma shunned Water-types, preferring to stick to Ground and Fire along with the ever-present Dark and Poison-types. Rayford seemed perfectly good and reliable, but all in all their little family looked to fit every description of 'dysfunctional'.

Sem continued talking with Rein until their guide appeared, leading them through the gate. Sableye had ceased his fun with the other trainers by this point and was currently focused on their group. For why, Sem could not imagine, nor did he want to. His relationship with the creature, despite how close they were, had always been strange, and he really would rather not know what went through the purple demon's head most of the time.

He raised his eyebrows at the mention of Fida. "Small world. So you're the guy with the umbreon she told me about," he couldn't help but smile. "Interesting." He proceeded to tell Rein about his relationship with the girl Fida, keeping things short and sweet, excluding all the darker and more complicated bits.

Sem was glad he wore the attire he had on now, the shorts and a light tee, and wondered why on earth Rein would ever want to wear a suit to an island. He listened in on bits of conversation while surveying the area around him. He still would rather not be there, secretly hoping that the first team they encountered would be full of trainer veterans that would send them all packing. Mumbling, he knew that he would have to do his best either way, as everyone else but him seemed to genuinely want to be there and he wouldn't want to be a wet blanket.

"Sem?" he heard his name being said and broke away from his thoughts.

"Hm?"

"What do you make of this place? Something doesn't feel right..." Rein whispered.

"I'm not the right person to ask," he replied, leaning in and whispering as well. "I'm rather biased against islands."

Rein eyed Sem curiously as he explained his relationship with Fida, how they were traveling together, how he had been looking after her. "Well, that's good." Rein smiled when Sem finished, "Traveling with you has got to be doing her some good," He nodded as he sort of retracted into his own mind, losing some of the focus from his eyes, "Glad to hear she's all right." He began to flit through various memories, none of them good, except for one. The one where he and Sem had met, and it had done nothing but good for him. Meaning that Fida was in good hands, and that was all that mattered.

He glanced over to Joanith, riding on his Arcanine contently and staring at the rest of the group. He was excited, you could see it in his eyes. And why shouldn't he be, this was undoubtedly his first tournament, some luck that it turned out to a survival game. Somehow he'd ended up with another kid, a kid he felt obligated to look after. That's how it always went, a way to fill a hole that was carved into himself, filling it by ensuring that no one went through the same pain he went through.

"I'm not exactly the biggest fan of them, myself." Rein replied after realizing that Sem had answered his question. "To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything like this, as you can tell," He indicated his clothes that were already beginning to get filthy around the bottoms of his pant legs.

He dropped his shoulders with a sigh, "Actually..." He trailed off for a moment, "I'm still looking for my sister," He said with another sigh. "She left me a ticket, and I haven't seen her since arriving here. Well, I mean, I haven't actually seen her in almost two years. Just followed rumors to get here, it seems that I'm always chasing ghosts." His smile faded and he sounded somewhat dismal for a second.

He spent his life chasing his sister, chasing the past that was stolen from him; it was the cruelest irony that he relied on searching for his past to ensure his future. Some sort of sick joke that the universe seemed to find funny, allowing him to go through it for so many years. His basis of living, his reason for pressing forward, was to be reunited with his sister. What would he do after that? After nearly eight years of searching, what would happen when they were finally together again?

Rein looked to the future to keep himself sane, but he only looked far enough into the future to do so. If he looked too far ahead, this is the path it led down, but if he didn't look ahead, he'd be left with nothing but memories. And each good one that he held close to his heart had at least two bad to go with it. It's all their fault, He thought as his mind began to work overtime, drudging up memories buried deep within himself. They're the ones to blame. They're the ones who ruined everything. He wasn't even sure who he was angry with, memories of two particular parties assaulted his mind. He was shaken from his thoughts when the Team Magma lacky spoke to him.

"You wanted to speak with me?" The red one asked walking over to him and Sem.

Unfortunately for the Team Magma boy, Rein's trip down memory lane had awakened an anger he never liked to see himself fall victim to. But it was too late now, and even though he had no qualms with Team Magma directly; they were still close enough to them for Rein not to care.

"You," Rein breathed, angrily, "You make me sick. How do you justify what you do to people?" Rein asked, not exactly shouting, though he was getting to that point, "Anything to accomplish your goals, right?! Anything to make a quick buck, right?!" He raised his voice, he was not angry at the Magma grunt. He was merely using him as a target for his pain and frustration. "You do nothing but steal and kill with no remorse," Now he wasn't even angry at Team Magma. Again, just using the boy's involvement with that organization as a place to vent his anger.

The attendant had stopped walking when she heard the shouting, she still held her smile eerily, but her eyes suggested that she was becoming frustrated herself that she had been forced to stop. But in her eyes, there was also fear, like something may happen to her for not dealing with the delay. "Please," She said politely, "It's just a little further," She called to the group.

Rein pretended not to hear her for a moment, peering into the young man's eyes. "You probably think they care about you, that you're a valued asset to the 'team,'" He scoffed, "They couldn't care less about you. And when the time comes, they'll desert you without a second thought." He glanced aside and looked at Joanith, a great shame fell over him. He looked to Sem, remembering his words from all those years ago, and he began to focus on the good memories that he still had. Without focusing on the bad, he began to calm down. Casting one final glance at the Team Magma grunt, he mumbled "Forget it, I guess since we're 'family' I should just drop it." it was as close to an apology as the boy would get. He still didn't agree with Team Magma's methods, after all.

"I'm sorry, miss." He said softly as he walked over to the attendant, he waited for her response. She only resumed her stride over roots and through various vines. Not speaking a single word to Rein, nor anyone else in the group.

The feelings of frustration and anger inside him were his reason for why he must press forward. The past can bring nothing but trouble. Lunara had been by his side for the entirety of the confrontation, the look in her eyes showed nothing but concern for Rein. She nuzzled up against him and let her eyes linger over to the Team Magma grunt, her way of saying "He didn't do anything to deserve that." He looked back at the boy for a moment, shaking his head in disgust with himself.

"You're right, of course." He whispered to the Umbreon who walked along beside him, hopping over small plants that would otherwise trip her up, "I guess, in my own twisted way, I just don't want to see him end up like me..." He sighed.

Lunara looked at him and replied with a thud against his leg in a way to say, "Then be an example."

Rein shook his head, "I'm not a role model, I'm lucky to be out. Well, maybe I should talk to him..." He trailed off before another deep sigh. Not even a day with his new 'family' and he was already picking fights, but it wasn't his fault that he had limited experience with how a family is supposed to act.

He forced himself to focus on something else, before the memories took over again. His eyes wandered to the attendant, then he remembered the reaction that she had to the argument, and he began to focus on why the eery smile never faded from her frozen face.

(EDIT: Yes, I added some interaction between Rein and Lunara because the Umbreon didn't have any face time in that last post at all. And I want everyone to see that Rein isn't a heartless wretch :p )

Rex

Resident Furry
OoC: Sorry Sem, I jumped to conclusions. I assumed he'd been on TV, in a Tournament or something. I'll change the post and modify that bit.

BiC:

Tony wasn't ready for the response that Rein gave him.

"You," Rein muttered, "You make me sick. How do you justify what you do to people?" Rein asked, "Anything to accomplish your goals, right?! Anything to make a quick buck, right?!" He started shouting, "You do nothing but steal and kill with no remorse!"

During this entire thing Tony looked directly into the man's eyes, he'd flinched a bit at the start, but other then that he was able to hide all emotion. Seth was slowly hiding himself behind his back, growling softly. The attendant turned and said something, Tony didn't hear, it was hard enough to keep himself under control.

"You probably think they care about you, that you're a valued asset to the 'team,'" He sneered, "They couldn't care less about you. And when the time comes, they'll desert you without a second thought." Rein finally broke his stare, looking over at the kid, then at Sem. He looked like he was gaining control over himself. "Forget it," He whispered, "I guess since we're 'family' I should just drop it."

Rein walked away, and said something to the attendant. She turned and began to lead the group onward through the jungle. Tony waited for the rest of them to follow her, before his rigid posture finally fell. His shoulders sagged, his head bowed, and he sobbed. Seth finally climbed back over his shoulder. Concern was in the Buizel's eyes. Tony continued crying until the device on his arm started shocking him, at which point he remembered why he was here.

He hurried onward down the path, wiping the tears from his face. He was somehow able compose himself before rejoined the group. The attendant did nothing to acknowledge his return, or even the fact that he was gone. Seth climbed off his back, and made as if to confront Rein himself.

"No," he said pulling the Buizel back, "lets just leave the rest of them be for now."

Seth looked annoyed with Tony's decision, but eventually pulled in close to him just incase another member wanted to follow Rein's example. The Pokémon was extremely overprotective of him. He took Tony's pack and pulled out two items one, a pokeball, most likely Flynt, his Quilava, and the other, a small dagger that was issued to him when he joined Team Magma.

"That's a bit drastic don't you think?" Tony asked. The Buizel rolled his eyes, returning the dagger to Tony's pack. He handed the pack back to Tony, then gave him the pokeball, the look in his eyes said, "Let him out, he can help."

"Oh, alright," Tony took the pokeball and pressed the small button in the center. Out came Flynt, Tony's only Fire-type. He spoke with Seth for a moment; then placed himself between Tony and the rest of the group.

"Looks like I'm getting escorted the rest of the way," Tony mused to himself...

Rayford could hardly believe what he was witnessing. These people would be relying on each other in a matter of days, and they chose to bicker and yell? He sighed as he crossed his arms, and glanced at Olive.

Meganium's didn't like violence either, and by the look on her face, the Herb Pokemon was considering calming the arguers down, though Ray knew it would do no good; he and Olive were at the back of the group, with the wind blowing towards them.

Instead of dwelling on the group, he turned his attention to the island itself. In a matter of hours, the group would be fending for itself out here. Several of the plants in the jungle looked edible; or at least not poisonous. Ray also noticed a few fruits and berries, most of them growing towards the top of the trees.

Just when he was about to lose it, Ray noticed that the arguing had ceased, stopped by the lady leading them to their destination. The entire set up, as exciting as it was, made Rayford incredibly uncomfortable. The idea of their group being tracked with the bracers they all currently wore seemed to bug him the most, though that shock that the 'Game Master" spoke of didn't sound at all appealing.

His mind then raced to water, how would they drink? He had been given no clarification of that sort. Ray began getting a bit panicky, but instead of showing it, he held is composure, rubbed Olive's head playfully, and kept walking with the group.

OoC: Sorry this took a while, between my computer utterly failing and sheer laziness, I couldn't write anything decent. Especially since the aforementioned failure of my computer erased my first attempt at a reply, which I was really happy with >< Anyway, here it is.

BiC:

The rest of the trek passed by silently for Rein, he made no attempt to speak to the other members of his group out of guilt. He simply continued walking up ahead of the group near the attendant, but not following too closely. He spent the walk dwelling within his thoughts and making conversation with Lunara, who was faithfully walking by his side. The Umbreon looked at her trainer with a sad expression before jumping up into his arms and prying him from his thoughts.

"I'm not off to a very good start, Lunara," He began solemnly, "I'm not cut out for all this 'family' crap, it's not like I had the greatest example of how a family should act." Somewhere in the distance there was a rustling in the leaves of the trees, followed by the sounds of various bird Pokemon. The damp earth made slight sloshing noises as Rein's feet trumped along. He ducked to avoid a low branch.

Lunara looked at him with a gaze that Rein immediately knew the meaning of, "Alice is an exception." He defended, "She was the only one who treated me right, and now I can't even find her. I didn't sign up for this, I just wanted to find my sister." He whispered, slightly aggravated.

His foot caught on a root that was sticking up out of the ground, he failed to notice it because he was so focused on his thoughts and he fell to the damp ground with a thud. Lunara managed to jump out of his arms just in time, and she landed a few inches in front of her trainer, perfectly balanced.

As Rein hit the ground, a bush a few feet away began to rustle. A Tangela scurried past him, and various birds fluttered out of their nests. A particularly irritated Spearow flew a little too close to his head for comfort before flying off with the rest of the birds. Rein picked himself up and eyed his now thoroughly ruined wardrobe. His face flushed with embarrassment as he brushed off the mud that clung to his pants and shirt. He let out an irritated growl before he gave up and began walking again. "This just isn't my day." He breathed as Lunara leapt up into his arms once more and nuzzled against his cheek.

Slowly and steadily, the sounds of the jungle began to mix with the gentle melody of crashing waves against the shore. Before long, they overpowered the other sounds completely. As they continued on their walk, the grass and vines of the jungle floor began to fade away, slowly becoming a mixture of vegetation and white sand before the plants disappeared completely. The trees also began to thin out, less and less of them could be seen, and after a short amount of time there were no more than a few palm trees stretching out of the sand before them.

"This will be your beginning square," The attendant started as soon as they all stood before her, "You'll find supplies for a meal tonight and beds, as of right now you are still guests to this island. However, in the morning, you will be players, and these luxuries will no longer be handed out to you. You will be responsible for finding your own food and water. Within each game space you will find a small arena designed for battling. Each of these arenas are affixed with cameras and a speaker system, your battles will be monitored and a victor will be officially named after each battle. That is the only contact you will have with any administrators and attendants from this point on, other than those instances you are completely on your own in the jungle." She paused for a moment before pointing to a black metal pole that stuck four feet out of the sand.

"That is the space marker, this signifies the end of the current space you are in. We are currently in the Southeast corner of this space. As you approach the invisible line that connects this pole to the other three, you're bracer will begin flashing red. This means that you should stop moving in your current direction and go back the way you came." She smiled. Rein looked down and noticed that the green light had turned red on his bracer. "You'll find a basic map of the game squares with the supplies in the center of this square, the map will show you which spaces are adjacent to the square you are currently in. After being named victor of a battle, you will be permitted to progress one space. You're bracer will flash blue when you approach the boundaries of a space you have been permitted to enter."

She turned and stepped out of the boundaries of the current space they were in, the cold air sweeping in from the sea behind them cut easily through Rein's damp clothes. "Please enjoy the meal that Adventure Island has supplied tonight, and be sure to get well rested, the game begins at dawn tomorrow. Good luck." Her eery smile grew for a moment out of courtesy and then shrunk back to its original size and shape before she turned and walked away into the jungle.

"Guess we'd better get to those supplies," Rein said as he began walking toward the center of the space, he couldn't see any of the markers except for the one the attendant had indicated, the squares had to be pretty large. It made sense, otherwise survival wouldn't exactly be difficult.

There were tents set up and a fire already started by the time they arrived at the center of the square, a table had been set and large packs of uncooked food were set up near the fire. There were canteens of fresh water and an appropriate change of clothes for each of the members, just in case they needed to change into something more suitable for living in a jungle. The change of clothes consisted of green camouflage patterned shorts and a plain white tee shirt. Oddly enough they were all the appropriate sizes. Before Rein could question how they had managed to do so, his stomach began to growl. "I guess we'd better enjoy this, Lunara," He said holding his stomach, "Tomorrow we're on our own." He walked over to the rest of his group for the first time since the argument with the Team Magma grunt. He held his head low before raising his eyes to meet with the Team Magma grunt.

"I over-reacted before, and I'm sorry," He said quietly, apologies weren't his forte, "It's just been a rather long and stressful day. I'm willing to start over if you are, my name is Rein." He half mumbled, he wasn't good at voicing things like this, then he turned his attention to the rest of the group. "Tomorrow we're on our own," He said to everyone now, "I suggest we eat something and then go to bed, we'll need our strength for what's coming."

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sem remained silent through the confrontation between Rein and Tony. While he didn't approve of the boy's social standing, he also knew that didn't make him 'evil'. He too was being a little hard on the Magma grunt, and decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not everyone was in these organized crime syndicates because they liked it. His parents were prime examples, coming up out of Team Rocket and establishing themselves in the world of science. Though, unfortunately... some people were into groups like that exactly because they liked it. Sem had the unfortunate opportunity of meeting woman who was like that. So, he has seen both sides of the coin.

They seemed to be off a great start. Sem merely acted as if he wasn't paying attention and looked around them some more. It wasn't long until they reached their starting square, at which their guide left them with a set of directions before setting off.

Sem wandered over to the fire and looked at one of the bundles of food, wondering if he could ration any of it. He had food in his bag as well, which would last him a few days if he was careful. Gathering food would have to be a top priority for tomorrow, but first on the list would be locating a clean water source.

Deciding the provided meal was just that, a meal, the young male began cook the whole thing.

"Find out anything, Isis?" he asked softly, his voice muffled by the crackle of the fire.

"Afraid not, and there doesn't seem a way for me to shut off the shock-system without somebody noticing," there was a pause before she added, "I could get you disqualified if you like by disabling it."

"Tempting, but no, thank you," Sem smirked. He considered returning her before realizing that she would be much more at home within the bracer, and he liked her there.

Sableye had gone off on his own, as he often did, in search of some kind of rock to eat for his own dinner. Once Sem had cooked his food he sat down in one of the end seats at the table and began to eat, deciding not to say a word. He was fairly certain that everyone just wanted to crawl into their tents and sleep. He wanted to anyway.

Taking the change of clothes provided for him, he slipped into the tent he had placed his bag in before and got ready for bed. Stripping down, he put on the plain white t-shirt and then slipped into a pair of trunks. Taking out an item ball, he released its contents, which consisted of simply a blanket. It wasn't light, but not heavy, just right for what he had planned. Taking his pokéballs and the blanket, he walked out of the tent and zipped it up before heading down towards the water, which wasn't far, and within the boundary of the square as he had hoped.

The sand sloped gently downwards before hitting the ocean. It was on that slope that Sem settled himself, letting the soft sand conform to the shape of his body, acting as a cushion, before pulling the blanket over himself and drifting off to sleep to the sound of rolling waves.

Rex

Resident Furry
The team was at their starting point before Tony could finally coax Flynt back into his pokeball.

"This will be your beginning square," The attendant announced. "You'll find supplies for a meal tonight and beds, as of right now you are still guests to this island. However, in the morning, you will be players, and these luxuries will no longer be handed out to you. You will be responsible for finding your own food and water. Within each game space you will find a small arena designed for battling. Each of these arenas are affixed with cameras and a speaker system, your battles will be monitored and a victor will be officially named after each battle. That is the only contact you will have with any administrators and attendants from this point on, other than those instances you are completely on your own in the jungle."

"That is the space marker; this signifies the end of the current space you are in. We are currently in the Southeast corner of this space. As you approach the invisible line that connects this pole to the other three, you're bracer will begin flashing red. This means that you should stop moving in your current direction and go back the way you came," she said, pointing at a black pole. "You'll find a basic map of the game squares with the supplies in the center of this square, the map will show you which spaces are adjacent to the square you are currently in. After being named victor of a battle, you will be permitted to progress one space. You're bracer will flash blue when you approach the boundaries of a space you have been permitted to enter."

Seth rolled his eyes, "Is she ever going to stop talking?" he seemed to be asking.

"Please enjoy the meal that Adventure Island has supplied tonight, and be sure to get well rested; the game begins at dawn tomorrow. Good luck," with those parting words she finally disappeared into the darkness.

"Guess we'd better get to those supplies," Rein said, walking towards the center of the square. They found tents already up and a fire roaring at their campsite. Canteens filled with fresh water and unopened packs of food lay on a table nearby. Each member was also supplied with a change of clothes, camo shorts and a white tee.

Rein walked over to him, head bowed. He raised his head, and looked Tony in the eyes, "I over-reacted before, and I'm sorry, it's just been a rather long and stressful day. I'm willing to start over if you are, my name is Rein."

Tony nodded, "my name's Tony." He nodded at his Buizel, "And this is Seth." Seth growled lowly again, still not trusting the man. Rein turned away, addressing the entire group now, "Tomorrow we're on our own, I suggest we eat something and then go to bed, we'll need our strength for what's coming."

Not trusting the island food, he made himself a bowl of Ramen from one of his last remaining packages. After the meal he went to his tent. once inside he sat down on, unfolding the clothes. Somehow, they had his size, even though the Boss had chosen not to come on such short notice.

He looked over at Seth, who was munching on a pokeblock, looking content, "what do you think?" he asked the Buizel, "should I wear them or not?"
Seth looked the clothes over for a moment, before shaking his head.
"Eh, never really liked shorts anyway," he put the clothes into his pack; they had all sorts of other uses other then for wearing.

Sem walked by, heading down towards the surf. Tony went back over to the fire, falling asleep under the stars, with Seth close by, something he hadn't done since joining Team Magma. Rein's words still stung, "You do nothing but steal and kill with no remorse!" Tony himself had never killed, he'd never even raised his dagger at another living thing, but he was sure other members had. "They couldn't care less about you. And when the time comes, they'll desert you without a second thought." That was one of the reasons he was here, if he wasn't a Grunt anymore, he wouldn't be as expendable. And even if Team Magma were to desert him… No, he couldn't think about that now, he had to get up early, he had a mission to do, and if he had to personally defeat all one thousand other trainers to complete it, then that's what he would do!

"Wow, aren't we the stereotypical family?" Joanith joked to Growlie. Joanith watched a lot of TV with his dad away, and so far this family fits what must shows display as a normal, obnoxious family. He slowly turned his head towards the two combatents in their corners and laughed to himself. They're male, so this thing will blow over soon enough. He then hopped off Growlie and walked the remainder of the trek.

When finally arriving to the campsite Joanith didn't notice anything else but the food. Being so excited, he had forgotten that all he had eaten today was an apple. He ran towards the table and ate anything that he could find that did not need to be cooked. Not being too rude, he threw some food at Growlie to eat.

Growlie's eyes grew heavy and headed over to the fire to lay down. He quickly fell asleep with a soft snore. Joanith, not wanting to spend too much time before bed, swiftly began to organize his items. On and near the table, he gathered a backpack, some apples, and extra clothing in his side. He first put the extra clothing into his black backpack. He was never a fan of shorts and bright colors, but he kept them just in case. He then put the three apples and a canteen of water on top of the clothes. If the lady said to find our own meals, why not start now? he deviously thought.

Being extremely tired now, Joanith headed over to an empty tent. Not wanting to be alone, he decided to grab the blanket inside the tent and heads toward to fire. He then tucked his backpack underneath Growlie, and used Growlie as a pillow. Joanith slowly fell into slumber while dreaming of the mysterious adventure that was ahead of him.

OoC: Meh, it's not terribly long, but it'll at least get the game started.

Rein sat in his tent staring at the change of clothes, "I despise shorts." He mumbled, and looked down at his thoroughly soaked clothes, his pants were ruined, and it was freezing. Lunara looked at him and shook her head, "All right, I'll put them on." Rein sighed, he turned and quickly changed into the camo shorts and white tee shirt, stuffing his ruined clothes into a pocket of his bag. "Happy now? Stupid things, though I suppose in a jungle they're useful." He shrugged, tossing his bag into a corner of the tent. He laid out a sleeping bag and put a blanket on the ground beside it, Lunara crawled onto the blanket and laid her head down. "All right, you get some sleep, I'm going to eat something really quick."

Outside of the tent, around the fire, were various bags of food. Most of his team had already eaten, or were finishing doing so and going off to bed. He wasn't terribly hungry, so he grabbed a single hotdog and held it over the fire for a few minutes. Before long it was steaming, and he placed it in a bun and put a bit of ketchup on it. He took his time as he sat with his food in front of him, thinking about the day ahead of them. It would be long, and chances are it would be dangerous. Not to mention that they'd be without all of the food provided by the island. The first priority for tomorrow would be to figure out their source of water, then they could worry about finding the arena for a battle.

He just hoped that his PokeMon weren't too tired for a battle. Granted, tomorrow wouldn't be a problem, but as the game went on, they may start to get a bit fatigued. On the plus side, the other teams would most likely be in the same predicament.

He finished his simple meal and stood, cracking his neck as he did so. He saw Sem heading down toward the water, and a few others had settled down out under the stars. Rein wasn't much for sleeping outside when he wasn't forced to, and constantly traveling meant that he was forced to pretty often, so tonight he would enjoy the tent provided for him.

Lunara was already asleep on the bed he had made for her, he smiled and crawled into his sleeping bag, just realizing how tired he was. It had been nearly twenty-four hours since he had any sleep, and he drifted off almost immediately.

~~~~~~~

A high pitched siren sounded from the direction of the mansion in the middle of the island, followed by an announcement, "Sorry for the rude awakening, but it is now officially sunrise. The game begins now. On your mark, get set, go!" The voice belonged to the man that was atop the arch yesterday. Rein sat up, rubbing his eyes and shaking his head.

"It's too early for this," He sighed as he began to pack his things. Lunara yawned and exited the tent, followed by Rein who had finished packing the sleeping bag and Lunara's blanket. The sun was painting the sky in various reds and oranges as it crept up from below the horizon, Rein looked toward the forest before looking back toward his little family. "Well," He started rather sleepily, "I suppose we should get moving, we need to find a source of fresh water, and some food before we can look for that arena the attendant was talking about." He scratched his head, he wouldn't mind a shower at the moment either, he was clearly not cut out for this whole survival thing.

He walked toward the invisible line separating the square they were currently in and the first ‘real' space they would start in, and somewhere there was another group entering the same space. The light on Rein's bracer began to flash blue, "At least the stupid thing is working," He paused before he took another step, "Hopefully." He stepped across the boundary and wasn't receiving any shocks, "We're off to a good start."

He looked at the map briefly, it wasn't detailed in the slightest, just simple outlines of the boundaries. They could at least make guesses as to where the arena would most likely be, but without details, they would be blind guesses.

"Well, any ideas as to where we should head first?" He asked the group, food and water would be a necessity, but he wanted to find the arena and progress through this game as quickly as possible. He didn't want to let down his teammates, that much was true. And much the game didn't appeal to him, but he knew that Alice was on the island somewhere, and if he hoped to find her, he would have to play along.

Rex

Resident Furry
Tony awoke to the sound of a siren, coming from the direction of the Mansion. He looked over to find Seth mentally staring daggers at the source of the noise.

"Sorry for the rude awakening, but it is now officially sunrise. The game begins now. On your mark, get set, go!"

He got up and brushed the sand off his clothes. He grabbed the Canteen that had been meant for him, and took a quick sip. The water was a bit warm from sitting all night, but was otherwise fine. Seth climbed onto his shoulder and grabbed the canteen, drinking some himself.

"You know I need to drink out of that," Tony sighed.

The Buizel grinned, and gave the canteen back to him.

"I suppose we should get moving, we need to find a source of fresh water, and some food before we can look for that arena the attendant was talking about" Rein called.

The man stepped across the border of their space, tensing incase he was shocked. He relaxed after a moment. Tony followed after him, after he entered the new space he started toward the tree line.

"Well, any ideas as to where we should head first?" Rein asked.
"I say inland, the trees will offer protection from the elements, to some extent, as well as food. And the farther we are from the ocean the more likely we are to find a source of fresh water," Tony called, turning to look at Rein.

Joanith was a heavy sleeper and not even the siren could wake him up. It wasn't until Growlie stood up causing Joanith's head to hit the ground that he unhappily woke up. "Son of a bitch, Growlie," he said half joking and half angrily, "Maybe a little warning next time?" Not liking the sarcasism so early in the morning, Growlie forcefully pushed a paw on Joanith's chest. "Mercy! Mercy!" coughed Joanith. Growlie slowly lifted his paw off, walked over to Rein, and sat down close to him.

Seeing that Rein was ready to go and looking at a map, Joanith decided he should probably get prepared himself. He quickly grabbed his blanket and backpack and jogged over into his tent. It wasn't until he was in a closed space that Joanith could finally smell himself. "Wow, I desperately need a shower, or something." Just to do something, he opened his backpack and changed shirts. Feeling the sun rise through the tent, he also packed his jacket away. I'll keep the pants on to ward off any unwanted cuts. He also just hated shorts too much.

Joanith then packed away his blanket and tied the sleeping bag to the top of the backpack. Before heading over to Rein, he quickly grabbed some left over food and ate it. "Well, any ideas as to where we should head first?" Rein asked.

"I say inland, the trees will offer protection from the elements, to some extent, as well as food. And the farther we are from the ocean the more likely we are to find a source of fresh water," Tony called out.

"I'm going to have to agree with Tony about food and water," Joanith said while giving some food to Growlie, "But which way does the map say we have to go?"

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sem awoke from his dreamless sleep at the sound of the screaming siren. Moaning unhappily he rubbed his eyes and his face and lay staring at the assortment of warm colors in the sky for about a minute. Finally he got up, stretching his limbs and then shaking the sand out of his blanket. Sableye was already up, as was always the case - Sem wasn't sure if the creature slept at all.

He jogged to the farthest point on the beach away from the camp as he could without exiting their square. He dove into the waves and took a couple minutes to bathe, feeling the grime wash off of his body as he dove under the cool waves. The water on the island was very clean and clear, something that Sem appreciated even though he hated the island right now.

Exiting the water he dried himself off and re-clothed himself before jogging back to the camp. Enterring his tent he changed into the shorts he had on the day before, which were his own, as well as a new shirt that was ocean blue and had the pattern of the surface of water on it. Packing up his things he slung his messenger bag over his shoulder and walked out. Sableye had wandered straight back to camp while his trainer was bathing, and had taken to digging through the sand in hopes of finding a rock or two.

"Water will be easy," Sem spoke up as he joined the group. Just then he took out a Dive Ball and tossed it into the air, releasing white energy that took the shape of Sem's Pokémon. It was a strange creature: a purple star with ten points and an enormous gem at its center that shone a soft orange in the morning light. "We need to find a source of fresh water," he told Starmie.

With a soft, feminine-like sigh it began to float, turning its gem towards the sky as its two body segments rotated in opposite directions, using psychic energy to hover just a meter above the ground as it scoured the area using its psychic and elemental powers. Sem watched his Pokémon with patience, knowing it would not fail him. He had had Starmie almost as long as Sableye, and it was easily one of his most powerful team members, knowing a wide variety of attacks that would surprise even the most experienced trainers.

Starmie stopped very suddenly, as if on a dime. It wriggled one of its ten limbs, one that pointed directly into the jungle.

"Water is that way," Sem announced, even though the Water-type's body language was easy enough to read. "Starmie will lead us to it, and we can keep our eyes peeled for food and the arena along the way; sound good?" he asked. "So, unless one of you has a better idea..." he trailed and began walking in the direction Starmie was pointing. Starmie glided past Sem and took the lead.

Rayford woke when he heard the siren, but couldn't move. He was frozen in his tent, and it felt like his airways were constricted. With a huge amount of struggle, he pulled himself up, so he was sitting.

Sweat began to form all over his body, from something as simple as sitting up. He rubbed his forehead, felt how hot it was, and knew that something was wrong. Rayford began to cough as he pulled himself out of the tent, onto the brilliant beach.

The other members of his team were talking, and he thought he saw a Starmie doing something, though Ray could not be sure. He coughed as he tried to stand up, and as he did, Rayford became dizzy. His entire world was shaking, and he could do nothing to stop it.

Rayford dropped down on his knees, displacing the sand around him. He coughed and doubled over, falling to the ground entirely. Ray gave a weak, "help" took one last look at the waves on the horizon, and then everything went black.

When Rayford woke up, he was laying in dimly lit room, on a none-too-comfortable bed. He tried to sit up, but his body screamed in protest, and he let out a wicked cough. Ray felt the IV in his arm, but didn't dare do anything to disturb it.

(It's short, it's crappy. I'm sorry, guys, but I just can't stick with this.)

OoC: No worries, Cody, please don't be so down on yourself. Everything is okie dokie. For the rest of you still in the RP, we're going to be a man down, but it sort of adds to the tension, once some tension is actually introduced >>;

BiC:

Sem's Starmie pointed out the nearest water source, that would come in handy. Rein was glad that Sem had a water type handy that would help as far as water goes. Rein had a water type, but he didn't see how a Lapras would be much help while on land. "That's definitely the best idea I've heard so far, better than searching for water on our own." Rein said as he started walking after Sem and his Starmie.

"Hey, aren't we a man down?" Rein asked looking around at the team, Joanith and Tony were there, but Rayford was no where to be seen. "Hold on a second, guys." Rein called to the rest, he jogged back toward the campsite and it came in view just in time for him to see Rayford collapse on the ground. He didn't appear to be moving, and Rein began to panic. If there was one thing that he had learned, you never leave one of your own; it was one of the few things he learned that he still upheld from his past.

"Hold on! I'm coming!" He called to Rayford as he began sprinting toward the square they had just left, he was too focused on helping Rayford to notice that his bracer was flashing red. He did notice when the device began sending shocks into his body, shocks that got worse the longer he stayed within the markers. He backed off and stood right at the edge of the space, the bracer flashed red and he scowled. "So what, I'm just supposed to watch him suffer?" He called out to the devices that he was sure were watching them.

Sure enough, he was right. Before even another minute had passed, two attendants appeared, seemingly from no where. They carried a stretcher between them and loaded Rayford onto it. "He's in good hands," One attendant began with a frozen smile, "Please return to the game." And with that, they were off, disappearing into whatever hole they'd crawled out of.

Rein walked back in the direction that the Starmie had indicated, their team was already a man down. "All in all, not a very good start." He mumbled. He wasn't worried about his team's abilities, Joanith was still new, but between himself, Sem, and Tony (He added the last name to the list with a second's hesitation, still not sure of whether Tony could be trusted) they were sure to be able to get the kid to do all right. At least he hoped as much.

"Let's find this water and start looking for the arena. It'd be nice to at least find the place before nightfall." Rein said, he didn't like sounding like he was trying to lead the group. If anyone should lead, it should be Sem. He thought. He tried to make his suggestions sound as nonchalant as possible, playing up the fact that they were only what he felt they should do. "Unless you think it'd be better to save searching for the arena for later?" He added, he knew he was no leader. He'd only ever been a follower.

He pushed a branch out of his way, and before him was an impressive sized lake. That wasn't the only thing that he saw, however, because in the center of the lake was a metallic platform that had been suspended by a hydraulic lift. There was a group of five people standing on the platform all ready. There were damp catwalks leading to flights of stairs that went up to either side of the platform. "Looks like we found the water and the arena. Talk about two birds with one stone," He said as he stood on the shore staring at the team waiting for them.

"Ah, welcome." Said a voice from the loudspeakers lining the lakebed, he was obviously supposed to play the emcee for the battle. "I'd say good job finding the arena, but as I'm sure you've noticed, it wasn't difficult at all. Rest assured, though, as they game progresses you will find it increasingly difficult to find the arenas. The master just believes in easing you all into it, so to speak. We can't very well send just anyone into the jungle on their own. Think of the first round as a sort of elimination, sorry to hear about that bit of bad luck you had this morning group eighty-four."

"News travels fast around here, I see." Rein said with a sort of chuckle, at least he could rest easy knowing that the attendants were tending to the man. Unless the island is inhabited by cannibals or psychopaths. He joked to himself, even though the whole staff of the island did give him a funny feeling.

"Feel free to fill whatever you want with water after the battle, but right now it's time for some action!" The man said, still in an upbeat emcee voice. He took on a tone that made Rein believe the man thought he was announcing to a crowd of thousands.

"Better not keep the competition waiting," Rein said as he began walking across the damp catwalk, "How you feeling, kid?" He asked Joanith with a smirk.

OoC: Hosnap! That was fast. That's you guys, and you're right, it was fast. But don't worry, it'll get more difficult as time progresses. Don't want to scare any of our contestants off too early, after all.

Rex

Resident Furry
The boy agreed with him, and Sem took it one step farther, calling out his Starmie, and having it lead them to the closest fresh water. He followed the rest of his group into the forest, a few steps behind the rest of them, Seth followed closely behind him. Suddenly the man, Rein, turned, looking at his group members.

"Hey, aren't we a man down" the man asked.

Looking behind him, Tony realized that the man, Rayford, was gone. Rein jogged off, telling them to wait.

As he ran off, Tony sighed, saying to himself, "I don't believe this, it's only been a day and we are already one short."

Eventually he came back, muttering about finding the water before nightfall. His suspicions were confirmed. Rayford was gone for good. He was trying his best to be nonchalant. As if he thought he couldn't be a good leader. Tony knew that eventually he would lead, especially when compared to the rest of them. The boy was to young. Tony himself was a criminal, who would follow him? Sem was a different story, Tony couldn't really pin him down. Rein, on the other hand, already had the trust of the boy and Sem, if he lead, they would follow, and Tony would have no choice but to come along.

Tony ducked under a branch, revealing a large lake. In the center was a platform, suspended by hydraulics. The group they were supposed to battle was already waiting for them. A system of catwalks lead to the platform. A voice called out of the loudspeakers, welcoming them to the arena. It also pretended to be sorry about their resent misfortune. Finally, it told them that they had to battle before filling up their containers with water.

He followed the rest of his group up the catwalk, about a foot behind Rein and the boy. He wondered how they would react to seeing a member of a criminal syndicate among their opponents. He was feeling a little sadistic today, so they had better come at him with everything they had.

"You know," he called to the rest of the group, "I can take on two need be."

Because, of course, two was much more fun then one.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
"Screw my life," Sem thought upon the realization that they were down one team member already. He scolded himself somewhere in the back of his mind, knowing he should worry more about Rayford's health, or lack thereof, instead of what predicament his absence put them in. "On the bright side, we're at a disadvantage, which means we might be going home soon." Scolding himself again, he sent well wishes to Ray and told himself he would do his best regardless.

The others eventually resumed following the older male and Starmie, and it didn't take them very long to reach the water supply that the Mysterious Pokémon had located. As a plus it was also where the arena was.

"Now all we need is food," Sem commented to himself, ignoring the other players and only half listening to the voice from the speakers as he looked around. Unfortunately Sem had no Pokémon that could help them find food. He wasn't worried about not paying attention to the voice as he peered up into the trees, which was probably babbling on about something unimportant and telling them that they should battle - which was a no-brainer.

"Thank you, Starmie," Sem said as he gently touched one of the star's limbs with a hand. He returned it to its Pokéball as he made his way along the catwalks to the arena. He eyed the other players out of the corner of his left eye, his good eye. Sableye eyed the contestants hungrily, ready for a fight.

Seeing as how we lost yet another RPer in this RP, (Imamonkey is busy with work) I'm going to lock the topic. At some point I may start a remake of the RP, but for now it'll be closed. Apologies Sem and Rex, keep your eyes open for the remake I guess :p

Status
Not open for further replies.