• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open It's a Unova Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only rule I have for this roleplay is that all characters MUST be strictly OC characters (Which is most likely something most people are going to do anyway, but still). But other than that, just have fun and enjoy the RP!

Welcome to the world of Pokemon! That's the name of the cute creatures with very dangerous powers that people have as pets, use as tools for their jobs, and above all else, participate in a fun sport which people came to know as Pokemon Battles. But you knew that already. One girl in particular who was dressed up in a Mareep-like outfit was about to go on a grand adventure of friendship, discovery, and enlightenment... even if she doesn't know it yet. She seemed to have been walking along with her Mareep companion by her side, getting used to the new city life that the Unova region had to offer. When suddenly, she saw a gathering of kids at a lab of some sort.

"Wow! Look at all the kids over there! I wonder what kind of fun stuff is happening?" she wondered. Without hesitation, her and her Mareep went over to the building where the kids were gathering, and walked up to one of them. "Hi there! What's happening?" the girl asked.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Alec glanced at the girl, who just joined the crowd. "I don't really know what happening, they haven't announced anything yet," he said "I've been standing here for thirty minutes and my feet are killing me. His Toxtrcity nodded.

"Thanks!" the girl happily replied to the Pikachu boy. "My mom made this especially for me! Can you believe nobody has any costumes of Mareep?" she asked as a slightly angry "Bleet!" from her Mareep followed her question. She then turned her attention to the girl next to him. "Wait, Trainers are here to get their first Pokemon? Nice! What kind of Pokemon do they have!?" she asked with excitement.

But before her question could be answered, the Professor walked up to the kids to get their attention. "Okay kids, who's ready to get their Pokemon and start their journey as Pokemon Trainers!?" the Professor asked energetically. Naturally, the kids response to her questions were positive, happy, and excited.

"Hi Professor Juniper! I'm new here, nice to meet you!" the Mareep girl replied.

"Don't worry, I'm well aware you're all new to this Pokemon thing." said the Professor. "And I'm pretty sure I clarified this with everyone already, but the name's Professor JUPITER, not Juniper. However, I don't blame you for making that connection, taking into consideration that our names sound very similar. Now, does anyone have any questions before we get started?" she asked the kids.

Name: Elizabeth "Liz" Susan MacMillon
Sexuality: Straight
Hometown: Castelia City, Unova
Appearance: Elizabeth has fair pale skin, bright blue eyes, and platinum blonde hair that falls down to her waist in straight lockes and bangs frame her round face. She is 5'00" and weighs 105 lbs. She has a very frail body structure, looking like skin and bones. However, given her age, she isn't too skinny by unhealthy standards. She isn't very strong, given her muscles aren't bulky or even toned.
Clothes: She usually wears high-style clothes, consisting of dresses and light jackets of varying colors when it is warm. When it rains, she has an umbrella. When it snows, she usually wears scarves, mittens, hats, thick leggings, and snow boots. She always wears a bandanna with truffles that she would usually get teased for.
Personality: She is a very sweet girl, but only because she knows what it feels like to be picked on all the time. She's the youngest out of four siblings, so she is usually seen as immature. However, this is not the case. She is very mature for her age, she just doesn't conform to social norms as sarcasm sometimes escape her and she takes things too literally. She also has a burning passion for "runt" Pokemon, or Pokemon who are being picked on due to feeling like the runt in her family. She is a very spirited person and very driven to show the cause she stands up for.
Goal: To show the world that even basic Pokemon (Pokemon who can't or haven't evolved) can be better than their evolutions or tougher Pokemon. She wants to beat all the Gym Leaders and Elite Four members with their Pokemon's pre-evolutions.
Backstory: Elizabeth has four older siblings who she looked up to. However, due to acting like how a young kid should, she got teased relentlessly. It got so bad, she was too stressed to perform properly at school. All she knew was people talking down to her. Her parents wanted her to grow up and become a nurse or a doctor. Or maybe even a lawyer. But her grades in her private school were either just passing or failing, and her parents didn't know if it was either Elizabeth's fault for not understanding the criteria or if it were their fault as parents. However, there were two classes she excelled at: Pokemon Battling and Pokemon Care. Training, bathing, grooming, and playing with Pokemon might as well be her pasttime, as well as cooking amazing mushroom stew from the mushrooms her Swinub finds. She got top scores in the class. While she wasn't a fan favorite in school due to her blunt nature and inability to get normal social cues, she treated every Pokemon with kindness, even if it weren't her's. She had all the patience in the world for them, but less so for her own human kind. The humans she was exposed to left a sour taste in her mouth. What made it worse was that her clothes or toys would be hand-me-downs from her older siblings. Their conditions would range from mediocre to downright unusable. She received a Swinub for her birthday but quickly realized the Swinub was the sickly type, and he wasn't able to battle much at all before getting too sick during the fight and passing out. She found herself in a rut. She wanted to have an adventure, but found herself unable to. She then decided that enough was enough, as the breaking point reached a climax as her siblings all had evolved Pokemon and would boast about it to their youngest sister before mockingly forgetting she had a sickly Swinub who would never evolve. She was going to show the world that Pokemon were strong, no matter what form they stayed in.
Pokemon: Swinub

Species: Swinub - [TYPE]Ice[/TYPE][TYPE]Ground[/TYPE]
Nickname: Nosey
Defining Features: Nosey is very pale and is two inches smaller than usual Swinub, standing at 1'02" instead of 1'04".
Personality: Nosey is very curious, rummaging through bushes as he finds the source of smells and wondering if he can eat it. However, he can be pretty irate and his temper flares up when babied or given pity. He doesn't want pity, he just wants people and Pokemon to treat him normally instead of treating him like glass. He can be violently aggressive, often attributing his outbursts to being teased constantly and needing to show off that he isn't what they say he is. Due to this treatment, he cares for his trainer and any other Pokemon or human who had gone through the teasing and bullying he had gone through, and he becomes especially sweet and hospitable towards them.
Goal: He wants to become a Mamoswine and help show the world, and especially his trainer's family, that he can battle Elite Four Pokemon and not die.
Ability: Snow Cloak - Helps hide the Pokemon in Hail.
Battle Style: He tends to be more physically built for fighting. While this battle style is greatly taxing on him than if he went more ranged, he feels more comfortable with using physical moves to fight. He also tries to be fast when he can. He will use status moves when he can to make it easier on himself.
Moves: (Level-Up) Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Mud Sport, Mud-Slap, Powder Snow, Flail, (Egg) Avalanche, Bite, Body Slam, Curse, Double-Edge, Fissure, Freeze-Dry, Icicle Crash, Icicle Spear, Rock Slide, Stealth Rock, Take Down, (Special) Whirlwind
Backstory: He was given to Elizabeth as a gift. He had just hatched and didn't have too many problems. However, his egg hadn't acclimated to the warm climate and the sudden change to his core body temperature when he hatched stunted his development and his growth. This also caused him to get sick all the time, and it got to the point where he wouldn't battle. The constant teasing from Elizabeth's sisters and some of the students at her school led him to become aggressive and lose patience for those who talked smack without showing proof that they aren't just talking for the sake of talking. If their actions can back up their fighting words, he'd respect them. He began to get taught how to use the battlefield and Pokemon's attacks to his advantage and won most battles after this change, as opposed to passing out from over-exerting himself.

(Can Pokemon learn more than 4 moves, just as long as it is reasonable, or can they only learn 4 moves?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

A young girl waited on the outskirts of the crowd, trying to see over the many tall people who stood in her way. It was then that a girl clad in clothes with the likeness of a Mareep came over and asked what was happening. Another girl asked if they should be having Pokemon due to how young they all seemed. She gave an almost pretentious look before calming herself a little and speaking to the two of them, her pale Swinub snug in her arms.

"This is an announcement for all would-be trainers and new trainers to go through the Gym Challenge. What she'll give, I have no idea, besides Starter Pokémon. Technically, some people get their starters before they are 10 due to their family paying for them or going out and capturing a Pokemon for their children. Though, children without a Pokemon to start out with are more common, so don't worry about being left out. I'm Elizabeth, by the way. But you may call me Liz."

Her attention was interrupted when Professor Jupiter came their way and tried to give the kids a pep talk. While it would have normally given Liz a smile, she instead was stone faced. She worked too hard for celebrations and light-hearted matters. This was her goal. Her dream. And her excitement showed in a different way: a fire lit in her eyes and raging with determination and a will to succeed where others have told her she can't.

When she asked if there were any questions, Liz piped up. "Besides Starter Pokémon, what will you be giving us?"

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Dotdotdot's posts have been removed as we don't do script format here, they've been warned for this before and clearly they haven't listened the first time when told to read the RP forum rules.

As a reminder, posts in the RP forums must be third person, past tense, story format (not script format) and be at least one paragraph long (So those of you posting one-liners - shape up or face consequences as well). The rest of you, carry on.

(This roleplay isn't confined to game logic, so as long as they CAN learn the moves, they can have as many moves as you want them to have.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aside from the starters, some Pokeballs, and a Pokedex, I'll also entrust a really rare Pokemon from a completely different region to the first one who registers one hundred Pokemon in the Pokedex!" Professor Jupiter explained. "But remember, this competition is for Unova beginners only. I want to see what the Unovan trainers of the future are capable of!"

"Does it count if we just moved here from another region?" asked the Mareep girl.

"Whether you've been living in Unova for years, or you're still getting lost because you haven't adjusted yet, if you're a beginner that happens to live in Unova, you're qualified." Professor Jupiter responded. "Now let's not delay any further.There are plenty of starters to go around, so pick your favorite, get registered, and let the competition begin!" she announced.

Professor Jupiter then led the kids to a room of the lab that's big enough to hold a good amount of each Unovan starter Pokemon. Out of curiosity, the Mareep girl waited to see which starter everyone else would pick.

Last edited:
Liz nodded appreciatively from the answer given to her question, but when Professor Jupiter moved on to the Mareep's girl's question, a pit formed in her stomach. "Beginners". While she technically was a beginner, she hated that word. While it should convey a sense of newness and a journey filled with trials, errors, and challenges to overcome and learn from, she saw it as a derogatory term. She was considered the "beginner" in her family due to her Swinub's weaknesses and sickly nature, and the fact that it was very difficult to train her Ice/Ground-Type without him passing out in the middle of the training sessions.

She saw the word as an insult to her very nature. A label given to her to demean her experiences with a sickly Pokemon, who she couldn't just abandon but also had no control over his condition, as it was a permanent illness. She was very much experienced in the care of sick and injured Pokemon, but she didn't have any strong Pokemon to show off her battling and training, aside from her Swinub.

After her visible wince from the word "beginner" being spoken, she followed the professor and the group to the large room with starters to choose from. Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott. They all looked to be in good condition. None were sick. Most, if not all, wanted to get stronger and evolve. But there was something she didn't like from that. Maybe because it was their willingness to get better by evolution that left a sour taste in her mouth. She wanted to teach everyone that they don't get stronger by evolution, but by superior training and tactics to impart on these Pokemon.

She stayed behind and let everyone else choose their Pokemon. Whether her Swinub was weak to Grass, Fire, and Water and any physical hit could severely be detrimental to his health after the battle, she didn't want a Pokemon who wanted to evolve as soon as they got the experience. She wanted those who supported her dream and stayed at their base forms until she proved to everyone that basic Pokemon can partake against the Elite Four. Defeating the champion was too much to ask for, but defeating or at least going toe to toe with an Elite Four member, with their own Pokemon's pre-evolutions? Now that was a thrill she was willing to have.

Liz waited in the back, watching everyone get their starters. She looked over to see the Mareep girl also stood back and she sighed a little. "I don't want a starter. Nosey is enough." Her tone was soft and barely audible to those picking starters, while Swinub's grunt in affirmation was quite loud.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Alec didn't want to socialize with these kids, he was just here to get his starter and leave, but something was telling him, he would have to. He looked at the starters. "I'll take the Teapig," he said. "Toxtricity needs some company".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.