• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Items & Berries Wanted / For Trade

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I want to breed Fire Punch & ThunderPunch onto Chimchar. I have a female Monferno, now I'm looking for a male Pokemon in the Land or Humanshape egg groups that knows Fire Punch & ThunderPunch.

Examples of suitable Pokemon: Abra (+ its line), Machop (+ its line), Electabuzz, Magmar. They must already know Fire Punch & ThunderPunch as I don't yet have the National Dex (otherwise I'd just upload my Fire/Ice/Thunder-punching Alakazam from Fire Red). It must be male.

I don't need to keep the father pokemon permanently, just for as long as it takes my Monferno to produce some eggs. So I don't think it's a Trade, as such. I can use the Exp bonus for trading to level your pokemon up a bit before returning it to you, or trade it permanently for one of my spares. (I don't have anything really good though :(. I'd be happier to just "borrow" the pokemon than keep it, unless you're happy to get a level 22 Wooper or similar Pastoria Great Marsh monstrosity).

Edit: 2007-09-08 Current wants are in post #4, here.
Edit: 2007-11-24 See post #16 for Pokemon trades and post #17 for Item trades.

Hitmonchan would be your best bet, for both, Plus, its always Male, and I just happen to have a few for trade...Or rather, I COULD just send you a Chimchar WITH fire/thunder Punch. I dont really need anything in return, although, If you have a treecko, or anything in that familly, I could use one of those, otherwise, anything will do.

baratron

Staff member
If you have spare Hitmonchan with the punches to get rid of, I'll happily take one off your hands :). I can also give you a Treecko as I restarted Emerald until I got a female starter BUT you'll have to wait a few days for me to finish the main game so I can migrate Pokemon over from my GBA games.

Can you take a temporary placeholder Pokemon for now and get the Treecko from me in a week or so? Is there anything else you're looking for that's available in Pearl before the Elite Four?

If you have spare Hitmonchan with the punches to get rid of, I'll happily take one off your hands :). I can also give you a Treecko as I restarted Emerald until I got a female starter BUT you'll have to wait a few days for me to finish the main game so I can migrate Pokemon over from my GBA games.

Can you take a temporary placeholder Pokemon for now and get the Treecko from me in a week or so? Is there anything else you're looking for that's available in Pearl before the Elite Four?
Sure, I can be online now, if you want, But I'll need to know which FC your using (D or P)

baratron

Staff member
I'm not currently looking for any Pokemon, but I have a large number of items & berries that I want or can trade you. As we can't trade items directly, we'll have to trade some useless/unwanted Pokemon that will hold the item. If you don't have many spare Pokemon, I'm happy to do a series of swaps using the same two Pokemon that just go between us until all the items have been transferred.

Like a lot of other people I'll use a colour coding system:
[glow=pink,2,300]Pink - wanted MOST[/glow] - will only be traded for pink items or berries.
[glow=yellow,1,100]Yellow - wanted a lot but not as much as pink[/glow] - will be traded for yellow or pink items or berries.
[glow=green,1,100]Green - wanted the least[/glow] - will be traded for any colour items or berries.
If you're wondering why it's pink, yellow & green rather than red, yellow & green, that's to be kind to people with red-green colour blindness :p.

Superceded - see post #16 for Pokemon trades and post #17 for Item trades

I could get you the Skull Fossil, Hondew Berry, Charti Berry, Colbur Berry. And don't worry about what you give me for Snover with Seed Bomb and Leech Seed holding U-Turn (TM 89).

baratron

Staff member
What do you want in return? And when can you be online? I did the E4 last night/this morning, but I'm stuck on the Champion at the moment. Either I'll finish with her in the next hour or so, or I'll give up for now. (Her Pokemon are around 15 levels higher than mine and I ideally need to go & see the Move Relearner, both of which could mean giving up.)

I'll be around for the rest of the night, but we're planning to go & get Chinese food at some point, by cycle because I need to find out where a new student lives. So that'll be about a 2 hour round trip.

Whatever you choose, as long as it isn't overly common. I'll be on at 3 PST today or on most Sundays at 9 PST (it's about a 8 hour time difference here). BTW, i was almost 15 levels under and I won because of all my potions, so maybe you'll do better than me.

baratron

Staff member
Hrm, I missed the 3 PST due to having my head stuck in stat calculating ::). Are you around now? I won't possibly be around at 9 PST, that's 5am for us. I usually go to bed by 3 :).

I'll trade you some of the other rare berries, if that's ok? I have Passho, Shuca, Coba, Kasib, Haban & Chilan berries spare. Don't have any interesting Pokemon, I don't think. Unless you're in need of a male Burmy or any Unown.

baratron

Staff member
I can trade you spare useless Woopers holding those items. I'm not particularly fussed about what I get in the way of Pokemon, though if you have any Gen 2 starters (Chikorita, Cyndaqul & Totodile) or a Flame Body Pokemon (Magby, Slugma), they'd be appreciated. It feels a bit rude to ask for anything too decent in return for spare useless Woopers, though! Especially if you have a Snover with Leech Seed & Seed Bomb.

9am PST is... er... 5pm our time, I think? That's not ideal tomorrow as I will be at a student's house, but if all goes well I should be home about 5.30pm. Will you be on for half an hour?

That's fine, I'll give you A Slugma and Cyndaquil. I'll have to breed for Totodile and Chickorita, if you're willing to wait, I can get them for you. It's hard to get something good in return when you just finished the E4 and the person has almost caught 400 Pokemon.

baratron

Staff member
I've just gone back into my GBA games & Pokemon Box to see what I have before I start migrating Pokemon to the DS. It turns out that I have a female Cyndaquil & Chikorita already, it's the female Totodile that's being difficult. (I have a box on the PC half-full of male Totodiles!). I really should start migrating over my spare Pokemon so I can give them to people who need them.

You say you've caught around 400 Pokemon - is there anyone from the GBA area that you're looking for? I have a rather eclectic collection of spares.

baratron

Staff member
You actually want the skull fossil instead of the Cranidos?

Yeah, I think so. If a person trades me a Pokemon that I'm using solely for breeding and won't play, I don't care what it's named. But if I'm planning to actually train the Pokemon, I like to be able to name it, which means it needs to have me as the Original Trainer. Of course, I then immediately trade them to the other cartridge so they get the training bonus. In the same way, I prefer eggs to Pokemon, even though it means I have to go to the hassle of hatching them.

The annoying thing is that I might have a Skull Fossil in Diamond but items in the Underground bag don't automatically get transferred to the main bag. I can't read Japanese well enough to locate items without the icons. And I think I accidentally "tossed" some Underground items away instead of transferring them to the other bag because I didn't know what the options were.

baratron

Staff member
I lost interest in Pokemon for a while due to real-world stuff happening. Just got back into it a couple of weeks ago.

Pokemon to Trade:
Shieldon - male (level 20, unplayed)
Kabuto - male (level 20, unplayed)
Omanyte - male (level 20, unplayed)
Snover - male (level 34, unplayed)
Gastly - male (level 13, unplayed, has a Japanese name (but it will go when he evolves into Haunter :( ))
Burmy - male (level 1, newly hatched, knows all 3 moves)
Slugma - female (level 32, Magma Armor)

What I Want:
Burmy - female (any level)
Kabuto - female (any level)
Scyther / Scizor - male (any level, but Slash & Night Slash would be great!)

baratron

Staff member
I still have a large number of items & berries that I want or can trade you. As we can't trade items directly, we'll have to trade some useless/unwanted Pokemon that will hold the item - unless you're after one of the Pokemon on my list. If you don't have many spare Pokemon, I'm happy to do a series of swaps using the same two Pokemon that just go between us until all the items have been transferred.

Remember my colour coding system is:
[glow=pink,2,300]Pink - wanted MOST[/glow] - will only be traded for pink items or berries.
[glow=yellow,1,100]Yellow - wanted a lot but not as much as pink[/glow] - will be traded for yellow or pink items or berries.
[glow=green,1,100]Green - wanted the least[/glow] - will be traded for any colour items or berries.

Items I need:
[glow=pink,2,300]Muscle Band
Wide Lens
Liechi Berry - No.53 - If held by a Pok

And I can get you a male Scyther that knows False Swipe, Night Slash, Slash and X-Scissor. And I still owe you a Snover with Seed Bomb and Leech Seed, don't I? And you're Eevees are on th way. Lv. 27 almost halfway there, so it shouldn't take long now.

baratron

Staff member
And I can get you a male Scyther that knows False Swipe, Night Slash, Slash and X-Scissor. And I still owe you a Snover with Seed Bomb and Leech Seed, don't I? And you're Eevees are on th way. Lv. 27 almost halfway there, so it shouldn't take long now.

I don't need a Snover anymore - have a male Shroomish with Seed Bomb and Body Slam (from the FR/LG Move Tutor) who's fathered a load of eggs. But the Eevees would be great, and I'd seriously appreciate the male Scyther.

And I've got them all done now. And I owe you a thank you. I got a Timid Eevee from all that. :D And it didn't take me that long to get it to Lvl. 57 I guess we've got to arrange a time then.

Edit: Okay, apparently my breeding skills need work. The Eevees didn't know Last Resort or Trump Card, though the father knows it*sigh*

Edit:Thanks for that. I'll start working on it.

baratron

Staff member
And I've got them all done now. And I owe you a thank you. I got a Timid Eevee from all that. :D And it didn't take me that long to get it to Lvl. 57 I guess we've got to arrange a time then.

Edit: Okay, apparently my breeding skills need work. The Eevees didn't know Last Resort or Trump Card, though the father knows it*sigh*

Ah, sorry! Hadn't realised you didn't know how to pass on level up moves. The way breeding works is that the father will pass on TMs or Egg moves automatically, but Level Up moves only get taught to the baby if both parents know them :(.