• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Isid

Rex

Resident Furry
He was sick and tired of this. This endless train ride, picking up people and sucking away at their life until they eventually dropped dead. The newest batch had been picked up, and were still resting in the Observation Car. He had no doubt that this group would fail as well, and he had long since given up on babying the newest group of victims. However, he had to keep going. It gave them hope, and he was obligated to do that much in this, their darkest hour.

He was a small creature, very Meerkat like. Brown fur covered his body, lightening to a tan that ran down his front from under his nose to his legs, and darkening for the last few inches of his tail, his fingers, ears, and the bottom of his feet and toes. Darker brown fur was also striped down his back and tail, spaced fairly evenly. His outfit was simple enough, a pair of brown pants, along with brown fingerless gloves, a brown bandanna around his neck, and a hardhat hiding his ears, with a small light on it.

He was balancing on one of the rotten chairs of the Observation Car. It wasn’t in the best condition of the train cars; most of the wood was rotting away, as were the chairs. The balcony was badly rusted and looked like simply stepping on it would release it from the car. He was watching the figures lying on the ground in the dim light provided by the chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Finally, he noticed them begin to stir. So began the next round of this endless battle of wits.

“I’m not going to sugarcoat this. You are here because you boarded Isid, a Ghost Train. The goal of this train is to kill you; it will drain you of your life until all that is left is a withered husk of what you once were. If you had any magic, you can kiss it goodbye, it’s been locked away, and will be drained first, followed by your life,” he reported, in a no-nonsense tone, “However, I am here to help you. If you can make it to the locomotive before you all die, and manage to shut it down, and banish The Conductor, then you will escape with your lives and magic intact. I am just as much trapped here as you are. You can call me Kazz, and if you want to get out of here, I’m going to have to ask that you trust me. This is the Observation Car, all the way at the back of the train. Feel free to get to know one another and you can bring any questions to me. When you’re ready to start your challenges, I’ll unlock the door.”

OoC: The best way to start the RP would be to explore how your character got on the train, ending with Kazz's speech.

Tailon

Gryffindork
A lone figure moved through the abandoned ruins of a once grand train terminal. The man’s white shirt was hidden by a black leather jacket, something he wore as a precaution around some of his work. Along with this he wore blue jeans, and a pair of red goggles, while usually perched on his head, now covered his eyes against the dust and debris of abandoned train stations he randomly deemed worthy of exploration. A red and black gauntlet covered each hand, one of which he now ran through his light brown hair in exasperation, as he found it continually more difficult to get past the increasingly large obstacles in the general direction of the platforms.

His current obstacle amounted to an enormous chunk of rock, in the basic shape of a crumbling, fallen pillar. Sighing, the man pumped an electric charge into the mechanical gauntlets’ power cells, boosting the strength they granted for the moment he needed to force a serviceable gap between the pillar and wall, allowing him to slide through to his ultimate destination, the train platforms. The man meandered around for a while, finding a few workable pieces of steel and wiring before turning his attention to the matter at hand.

Having done some research into the building, the man knew the place had been abandoned after a derailing train cause irreparable damage to the exit tunnel, and he found himself in the place now in search of any undamaged parts off the train. The man made his way to the exit tunnel, and, as expected, found the tail end of the train on its side. He immediately climbed up onto the wrecked train and slowly made his way to the locomotive. At last reaching his goal, the man grinned widely in the darkness, only to frown slightly as a rumble slowly became audible behind him. The man turned, seeing a pair of lights moving down the tracks toward him. He quickly scrambled back on to the platform, though it seemed impossible that a train could ever be arriving at the ruined place, as the tracks workers could access had long since been removed for melting down, and the place left to crumble.

The man approached the train, which had quite suddenly ceased all activity, and made his way over to one of the backmost cars, the Observation Car in a train this old, and pried the door open, managing to get inside. Almost instantly, the door closed and the man felt his senses leave him, his limp body falling back on to the floor.

Scott Laurey woke to a small, meerkat-like creature speaking to himself and 3 others in what seemed to be the Observation Car of the train he had boarded earlier. The creature told them something about their magic being locked away before Scott could come completely to his senses, though he caught the rest of the dull speech.
“-I am here to help you. If you can make it to the locomotive before you all die, and manage to shut it down, and banish The Conductor, then you will escape with your lives and magic intact. I am just as much trapped here as you are. You can call me Kazz, and if you want to get out of here, I’m going to have to ask that you trust me. This is the Observation Car, all the way at the back of the train. Feel free to get to know one another and you can bring any questions to me. When you’re ready to start your challenges, I’ll unlock the door.” The creature told them matter of factly.

Scott shook his head a bit, then brought his right hand up to his mouth and mumbled to it to switch to secondary power then turned back to the others, and said, “Alright, if we’re gonna be going through a bunch of challenges or somesuch and fighting an evil Conductor, we should probably learn who we all are. My name is Scott, and that’s apparently Kazz, so, what are your names?”

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
"I don't remember this place being quite so... dilapidated," Sorena muttered as she wandered through the old station. She had come looking for a train that would take her to another town, but it was obvious now that things had changed since the last time she was there. "Or, maybe it's the wrong station?" she mused. It was entirely possible that she was in the wrong place altogether.

Sorena was clothed in her typical witch-like, unflattering clothes. A black, slim Victorian style gown with a coal gray corset-bodice with silver trimmings. Her long and loose sleeves swayed as she walked, along with her black cloak that flapped out behind her. Her heeled boots clacked against the old marble floors, echoing throughout the building.

The witch tipped up her pointed hat at an old clock that had long stopped ticking. Twirling a strand of her silver hair around her index finger she mused for a moment. "I can't be lost again," she muttered before suddenly hearing a noise not far off. Deciding to follow the sound out of plain curiosity she found herself blocked by a seemingly immovable piece of rubble. Part of it had been pushed aside, and the woman slipped through into the darkness. She at once summoned a ball of light, about the size of a basketball, that hovered around her and lit up her path.

It may have been her imagination, but she was sure she heard a train. Finding the platforms, there was indeed a train resting on the tracks. "How curious," Sorena muttered. "It must be illegal to stop here, or impractical at the very least."

Catching a glimpse of some figure stepping inside, she eventually decided to do the same. The moment she stepped inside her ball of light was snuffed out rather forcibly, though she didn't notice. "This train has obviously seen better days..." she began to say as she took a seat, but a sudden drowsiness cut off what would have no doubt have been several minutes of meaningless babble.

-------

Sorena awoke suddenly, finding herself seated on one side of the old train car. She sensed something immediately strange and foreign to her. Her magic, it was blocked. But just any sort of blocked - her magic had been blocked before. This was a special sort of block. One that would not go away. One that was, in fact, feeding on her several powerful counterspells that existed solely to protect her from this sort of situation. "Well so much for those," she muttered, not realizing that some creature had begun speaking to her.

She half-listened to the creature as she quickly gazed at the other inhabitants of the car.

"Maybe this is one of those reality game shows..." she thought aloud. "There'd better be a prize at the end."

Last edited by a moderator:
At the train station, the sky was as deary as ever. It was as if one had entered an old monochrome horror film set from the 1920s, left untouched as the years drifted by. As a little girl walked down the terminal with gentle footsteps, it was as if she was there to bring technicolor joy to the setting. However, despite the innocent colors her person displayed, the girl was just as sad and pathetic as her surroundings. The little girl wondered whether if it was ambiance she was experiencing, or just ominousness.

The girl's name, Gail Jesse, was written on the belly patch of the coral pink stuffed bunny she equipped on her back. The rabbit was a gift given to her by her mother and father long, long ago, back when she was a toddler. Her parents were adventurers, explorers if you will, and had constantly left her to live on her own, only for them to return within a period of time, be it a few days or even a few months. But she knew how much they loved her, and that they would have eventually come back for her. Sadly, they did not as it was only a couple of days before that she was told of their deaths, making her a rather depressed 10 year old. Following their footsteps, she wanted to get out of her town immediately, in order to start a new life of her own.

Now all she had to do was to board a train; if only it were possible. Gail stayed in one spot, occasionally straightening her golden hair or dusting her faded baby blue dress. While waiting, she would also some times count the clouds on her dress, or even play with her matching balloon. She would poke the smiley face the balloon had, and see her reflection through the balloon. Suddenly, she heard the sound of a train approaching. The last thing she saw before waking up again was the mirror image of her pale blue eyes.

--

Gail slowly opened her eyes, her mind foggy and her sight blurry. She felt something on her hand and was shocked when she realized what it was; it was her balloon, popped and torn to shreds. Without a balloon, Gail’s magical power evaporated into thin air. The little girl quickly took off her rabbit friend and removed its belly patch, revealing a secret compartment. Gail always had a supply of identical balloons on hand.

But when she opened the compartment, it was completely empty. Her balloons were gone, and her magic would follow suit if they were not compressed. She then tried to channel all her magic into her rabbit-eared hood as a last resort. However, it was no use. The little girl couldn’t get access to her powers. Gail looked up and noticed the other passengers.

“I’m not going to sugarcoat this. You are here because you boarded Isid, a Ghost Train.
The goal of this train is to kill you; it will drain you of your life until all that is left is a withered husk of what you once were. If you had any magic, you can kiss it goodbye, it’s been locked away, and will be drained first, followed by your life.”

Gail looked over at the odd creature speaking and felt a jolt of pain rush through her body. No, not pain. What the orphan was experiencing was pure fear. As the creature, whom identified itself as Kazz, explained what was going on, Gail could only wonder whether or not she was slowly driving to insanity. After Kazz’s speech, a man spoke up and stated his name. He spoke of how the passengers should learn of each other if they were to get by the current situation.

“My name is Scott, and that’s apparently Kazz, so, what are your names?”

In a heartbeat, an elderly woman spoke aloud at the possibility that they were in a game show. However, seeing as Gail was never interested in television, the woman’s brief rambling was puzzling to her. What on earth was a game show? She felt even more paranoid than ever; who were these strangers? Will she die while being dragged into the unknown railroad of nowhere? Instead of dialogue, a whimper was the sole thing that her voice could muster. The only two phrases that summed up her thoughts were, “God bless,” and “God speed.”

The tall figure tranquilly walked through the foliage and long, large trees, taking care not to trip on any of the overgrown roots hidden in the soil he'd left distinctively deep footprints in with his large mountain boots. As the teen took off his cowboy hat for a second to shake out his curly brown locks, he sighed.

"Honestly, why do I get sent out to places like this? Rune should give me a break, I've been doing too many missions recently..."

The man known as Rune had actually sent the child out to the woods due to a vehicle known as a 'Ghost Train'. Apparently the train itself was the cause for a number of deaths in the area, but these were just rumors.

With a shrug, the boy carried on navigating the enigmatic woods, bored from all of the walking. Some fast paced fighting would be fun; he never was one for silent, stealthy adventures. It took him a while or so, but eventually the forest thinned to reveal solid paving, although it looked pretty worn down. His eyes followed the paving up to what looked to be his point of focus - A rusty, dirty old train stationed at a station that looked more ancient than the train. Kicking a rock into the air before casually making it float in the palm of his hand using his abilities as a geokinetic, he shortened the gap between him and his target.

With a motion of his hand, the kid flung the rock behind him somewhere into the forest he'd just trekked through. The station was dusty and old, but what was odd is the fact that it looked untouched from any human contact from when it was closed, or abandoned in this case. Newsagent stores still had old newspapers in them, with confectioneries, drinks and such. Then, as the teen glanced to the ground, he saw footprints on the dusty floor. They weren't his - he could tell that from look. What was even odder was the fact the prints lead to the main platform, where the train was located. He quickly followed the marks in the dirt, and caught glimpse of what appeared to be a train conductor in front of one of the train's carriages. He was glancing straight at the boy with an icy stare. His look beckoned him forward, but it was more of the boy's curiosity that lead him forward instead of the gaze. The conductor opened the door of the carriage as the curly - haired one came closer - unaware of the oncoming danger. The geokinetic walked in silently, a look of interest on his face. Before he had time to observe his surroundings, he heard a large and horrible slam of the doors behind him, before he collapsed onto the worn carpeted floor...

As the teen's eyes opened, he awoke on a chair in one of the carriages. Three other people were sitting around him too, all acting differently to what had just happened to them. It suddenly struck the geokinetic that he couldn't feel his magical energy flowing through his body at all.

Great, how am I going to get through this mess now?

As he took a deep breath, the boy saw a small Meerkat - like creature standing on one of the old chairs. Before he could even think why it was there and what it was doing, it started to speak.

“I’m not going to sugarcoat this. You are here because you boarded Isid, a Ghost Train. The goal of this train is to kill you; it will drain you of your life until all that is left is a withered husk of what you once were. If you had any magic, you can kiss it goodbye, it’s been locked away, and will be drained first, followed by your life. However, I am here to help you. If you can make it to the locomotive before you all die, and manage to shut it down, and banish The Conductor, then you will escape with your lives and magic intact. I am just as much trapped here as you are. You can call me Kazz, and if you want to get out of here, I’m going to have to ask that you trust me. This is the Observation Car, all the way at the back of the train. Feel free to get to know one another and you can bring any questions to me. When you’re ready to start your challenges, I’ll unlock the door.”

Before the teen had a chance to speak, he heard a fairly loud voice from one of the others - a man, donning odd gauntlets on both hands.

“Alright, if we’re gonna be going through a bunch of challenges or somesuch and fighting an evil Conductor, we should probably learn who we all are. My name is Scott, and that’s apparently Kazz, so, what are your names?”

The goekinetic didn't hear any responses, so he slammed his left fist into his flat right palm, making a distinctive quiet clapping sound to get everyone's attention, and replied to the man known as Scott with a confident grin on his face. This whole death thing sounded like a fun challenge to him.

"I'm Tobias. Tobias Aurelio."

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sorena stood up and walked around inside the car, taking in the various details of the once grand train. The others in the car talked, though she only half-listened. The witch, or ex-witch, rather, was wondering if there really was no way out other than to comply with whoever's demands.

"Maybe it's not a game show..." she muttered, seeing that the meerkat seemed entirely serious about the whole dying bit. Snuff television wasn't overly popular. "Yes, this is definitely the wrong train." She twirled on her heel and went to sit back down, crossing her legs. "My name is Sorena, and as of now I am your average old lady," she said, half in spite of herself. She only looked around fifty, of course she was so much older than that.

She studied her teammates again in more detail. There was a young man in a white shirt who seemed to want to take the initiative. A girl who seemed entirely too inexperienced was also present. Another young man seemed rather happy to be there - Sorena figured he might have some sort of mental disorder.

"We should get a move on. I feel my protective charms being broken down - and once they're gone then my magic starts going, which is not something I want happening." That said, Sorena turned her sapphire gaze to Kazz, raising her brow, waiting for him to unlock the door.