• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS is this a good team

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this a good team
armaldo/moves:silver wind,rock blast,x-scissor,stone edge/nature:lonley/item:stone plate

magnezone/moves:iron tail,flash cannon.shock wave,thunderbolt/nature:adamant/item:magnet

swampert/moves:dig,waterfall,earthquake,surf/nature:lax/item:soft sand

salamence/moves:dragon claw,dragon pulse,fly,aerial ace/nature:docile/item:sharp beak

spiritomb/moves:shadow claw,confuse ray,shadow ball,dark pulse/nature:quite/item:spell tag

deoxys(defence)/moves:phsychic,psycho boost,poison jab,sludge bomb/nature:bold

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
OK:

- This topic belongs in the Doctor's Clinic, NOT the Wi-Fi boards

- Your font is way too big for no good reason

- The way you've laid out your team looks terrible, and should look like this:

Pokemon @ Hold Item
Nature
Ability

- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

- Your signature is too large, and is as of right now, being removed.

- Deoxys is Uber, therefore banned from competitive battling should you choose to go that route.

- Your movesets suck beyond belief, and this topic here will tell you why:

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=3017.0

Read that topic, read the rules, and have a nice day. Bang bang.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
In addition to what KoL said about having multiple moves of the same type on your Pokemon, another problem is that you're mixing Physical and Special moves on the same Pokemon. Only a handful of Pokemon should be used in this way. For example, Empoleon is better as a Special Attacker than a Physical Attacker, but due to lack of a decent movepool, you could put something like Drill Peck on as the fourth move.

armaldo/moves:silver wind,rock blast,x-scissor,stone edge /nature:lonley/item:stone plate

This is weird because Silver Wind is a powerful Bug Special move, whereas X-Scissor is a powerful Bug Physical move. You don't need both. Armaldo generally has much higher Attack than Special Attack stats. Also, a Lonely nature boosts its Attack stat further. This means you should be going for Physical moves.

[quote author=taz775 link=topic=6666.msg116534#msg116534 date=1249539773]
magnezone/moves:iron tail,flash cannon.shock wave,thunderbolt/nature:adamant/item:magnet
[/quote]

Similarly, Iron Tail on a Magnezone? Iron Tail is a Physical move and Magnezone is absolutely a Special Attacker. This makes the Adamant nature really unfortunate, because that boosts the Attack stat at the expense of Special Attack. You could really do with getting another Magnemite/Magneton with, say, a Modest nature, and levelling it up to make Magnezone.

Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt are fine, but now you need to find 2 more moves. Metal Sound to lowers the opponent Pokemon's Special Defense by 2 stages? Barrier to raise Magnezone's Defense by 2 stages? Magnet Rise to make Magnezone immune to Ground-type attacks for five turns? If you're playing Platinum, you could add a third Special attack, such as Signal Beam or Swift.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Firstly, yes, replace Deoxys ASAP since he's pretty much banned everywhere.

As for your moves, now that you've read the topic I've given to you in my post (or at least, you SHOULD have read it,) you change your movesets using what the topic tells you, post them again, and I'll fix 'em up. There's no point whatsoever in me helping you by throwing movesets at you if you don't understand why I picked the moves I did in the first place.

i updated my team

spiritomb - spooky plate swampert - soft sand salamence - sharp beak
modest adamant adamant
pressure torrent intimidate
-hypnosis -hydro cannon (needs replacing) -fly
-dream eater -dig -dragon claw
-dark pulse -earthquake -dragon pulse(needs replace)
-shadow ball -waterfall -aerial ace

magnezone - magnet armaldo - stone plate tentacruel - poison barb
hardy lonley jolly
magnet pull battle armor liquid ooze
-mirror shot -rock slide -protect
-thunderbolt -rock blast -poison jab
-shockwave -stone edge -toxic
-magnet rise -x scissor -double team

ok i think i should replace dragon pulse on salamence, hydro cannon on swampert, shockwave or mirror shot on magnezone , armaldo and tentacruel are ok i think. i have a technique with tentacruel and spiritomb. you tell me what i should do to make this team better.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
*Uber facepalm*

Glad to see you checked out that topic I linked to you - looks like it has done your movesets a world of good.

Here it is again, just in case you want to take another look:

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=3017.0

Sarcasm over. Read the topic and change your movesets accordingly, because they're just as terrible as they were before. Fail to do so and this thread is locked.

EDIT: Topic locked since Taz775 is now banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.