• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Is my team OK?

Hello to all! ;D

If you have read my first post you will realise that my team includes my Dragonite!
I am putting my team on my Diamond game tonight so now you can use DP moves!
It is in progress so feel free to make any suggestions for their evolved forms. None of them are Lv 100 :'(

Pupitar@Blackglasses
Docile

Rock Slide
Bite
Mimic
Screech

Dragonite@Mystic Water
Naive

Aerial Ace
Thunder (PP 16)
Dragon Claw
Surf

Metagross@Metal Coat
Mild

Metal Claw (PP 56)
Confusion
Take Down (Changing to Meteor Mash)
Psychic

Marshstomp@Sea Incense
Mild

Surf (Changing to Muddy Water)
Rock Smash
Mud Shot
Waterfall

Breloom@Lax Incence/Black Belt
Sassy

Energy Ball
Sky Uppercut
Strength
Mach Punch

Charizard@Charcoal
Impish

Heat Wave
Cut
Fly
Wing Attack

There is no battling advatage to having a pokemon be lvl 100 for Wifi so dont feel bad.

Stick with surf on Swampert, Muddy water is not worth it and you already have a ground move. Overall what could help is for you to tell us what you would like these pokemon to accomplish in the end, do you want Tyranitar to be a physcal sweeper, a mixed sweeper? a special sweeper even? Is this team for competition or really to just play casually with friends.

Hello again!

I'm here to answer all questions you have posted.

My Pokemon don't really have specialitys but heres something I threw together: Pupitar = Physical Sweeper
Dragonite = Special Sweeper
Marshstomp = Mixed Sweeper
Metagross = Mixed Sweeper
Charizard = Mixed Sweeper, but inclining to Physical Sweeper
Breloom = Physical Sweeper

This is for Casual Play and Travelling In-game, but one day I would like to enter Organised Play! ;D

My Breloom is a FRLG pokemon, so it has effect spore.

Well aside from what people are saying your Metagross should replace one of those Psychic moves with something of a different type. Also would you care to post IVs?

Nice start, but my advice is:

Delete Rock smash on marshstomp
I am not sure of a good replacement for thunder on Dragonite, but It is recommended. (DD?)
If you want mixed sweeper Metagross, go for HP fire or Grass knot. Explosion is advised.
Delete cut and fly on Charizard
Delete ALL of Brelooms moves. I would advise the following move-set:
Focus punch, Spore, Leech seed, Substitute.