• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Into the Pokéverse

Nito sighed, looking at the Beans, before back to his backpack. He grabbed a Jar, and started spooning the beans into them.

He looked at his partner, knowing she'd have to be in the Pokeball for the remainder of their time in the cold. Cringing, he returned Dracoss, and followed Aine into the Cold.
"Let's hope this is our last time in the Cold, Yes?" He said. Though he'd gotten used to the cold for the most part, it still bit at him in the Thin-sets of clothes he was wearing.

Neon was in sort of a bad mood due to his Charmeleon losing so easily.
“I know my name is Neon, but firey...what kind of name...”
However, Neon said this very quietly and to,himself, everyone else unable to hear.
Neon was sitting cross legged in the snow, not seeming to be bothered.
He was frowning, and spraying Charmeleon with a super potion.
When finished, he got up, and started walking back into the cold.
“Let’s go.”
And without another word, Neon kept walking.

SUMMARY: Vanilla Town
The group, upon arriving, realizes the gym leader Sebastian is in fact not missing, and instead has faked his disappearance to keep Team Unknown away from the area. He offers the group a place to stay for the night. The next morning they go to the caves in search of Criss, a missing gym trainer. After battling the Steelix that attacked them, the trainers receive a Mountain Badge for impressing Sebastian.

~

"Don't worry, we'll get out of here soon," Aine reassured Neon. Then, noticing his sour mood, "You did well. You used type-advantages effectively and fought a strong battle. Steelix was very distracted by Charmeleon crawling all over her. It was only bad luck that Charmeleon was on Steelix's tail when she used Iron Tail."

Reaching the bottom of the caves, Aine heard the sound of running water in the distance. "Wow, look at the lake." There was a small waterfall cascading down into a still lake up ahead, with the shapes of Magikarp swimming lazily below the surface and Zubat flying above it. It was almost worth the cold just to see the beautiful sight.

Across the lake they could see an opening with daylight shining through. They inched around the lake toward the exit. As they stepped out into the fresh breeze, they could see the station for Cycling Road up ahead. "Let's go see if we can borrow some bikes," Aine said.

He held his Xtransceiver up to take a picture of the Sight. It was as beautiful as Castelia City's lights in his eyes. If there were more things like this in the world, he'd love to see it.
"Beautiful."

Following Aine, he looked towards the Station, chuckling when 'Bikes' were mentioned. He knew how to ride Bikes, and usually took rides to Virbank city to watch Pokestar Studio's on his free time.
"Yeah, I'm fine with the biking plan." He said, sending out his Pidove.

"Dove!!" The pidove screeched, flying carefully through the New sky.

Neon closed his eyes then sighed.
Neon smiled at Aine.
“Yeah, thanks. Sorry I got into a bit of a rut there.”
Neon shrugged.
“Anyway, I’ll try to be more positive now.”
Neon did a thumbs up, and went back to his normal, energetic jokester mood.
Neon looked at the site.
“Ooh..”
Neon gaped at the waterfall and the lake.
“Cool.. and I’m not talking about the temperature...”
Neon’s pokemon agree and all seemed at peace for a moment.
Neon smiled at the bike plan.
“I’m down for some cycling.”

After a quick conversation, the girl inside the station smiled and opened up a room full of bikes for them to choose from. After, the group rode out onto Cycling Road, sporting helmets and visors to protect from the high wind.

The sun was strong and the breeze felt refreshing on their skin. Overhead, Pidove flew past, dropping feathers onto the road. "Look, that's Chia Swamp," Aine pointed as they coasted down the road. Below them was a marshy, tree-covered area that stretched as far as the eye could see. "Let's hope we can catch those Team Unknown guys who booby-trapped the whole place." As they rode, there was the chime of a bike bell behind them, and a girl zoomed by on a bike. "She must be going to Caraway too, let's see if we can catch up."

Ariana had followed the group and realized they were taking the Cycling Road, she rented a bike and headed towards Caraway City, Mudkip was in the basket. She had spotted a scorch mark on the side of the road. From what she could tell, a very powerful Pokemon had to have done this. Possibly Firey's Volcarona, or Burny, his Blaziken. She continued towards the city as she took notes on possible clues.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
A blue-haired girl and an Eevee were also present on the Cycling Road. The young teen was on a simple bicycle, while the Evolution Pokemon had taken a spot on her head (due to being physically incapable of even sitting on the bike properly, let alone pedaling it).
She noticed a small group of people of varying ages just up ahead, also riding down the road. Eagerly, she began pedaling faster, until she was next to them at a steady pace.
"Hiya! You guys headed to Caraway City too? My name's Alison, but please call me Allie. Oh, and this is Eve up here."

Bentley was the first to respond, "Hey, nice to meet you Allie, my name's Bentley. Also yes, we're heading to Caraway City too." He explained to her, "We're all travelling together but I guess you already deduced that. We'd be happy for you to come along as well if you want!" He suggested cheerfully.

Last edited:
He waited until Bently introduced him, and introduced himself, his Pidove close to him.

"My name is Nito, and this is Pidove, the Flying member if my team." He said, as the Pidove looked around, curiously. They were known for being curious in places thetly were, but being in a new place spiked their interest.

"Bently already spoiled it, but Yeah. We're a big ol' Group."

Neon looked to his side.
His energy was equal to Allie's.
"Hiya Allie! I'm Neon! And this is Riolu!"
Riolu was sitting On Neon's shoulder. waved hello, then it and Eve started to communicate.
Neon's energy wasn't very surprising, due to being only 14, he was the second youngest in the group, so he still had that childish energy.
"I would shake your hand, but, you know, bicycle complications."

When they got to the bottom of the road, they disembarked and gave the bicycles back to the lady behind the counter. "Aine," Aine introduced herself, shaking Allie's hand. Oddish popped out of his ball to say hi to Eve. "We're actually just passing through to get to the Professor's Lab in the Cinnamon Mountains."

The lady behind the counter looked up at this. "I hate to tell you this, but the road there is being constantly patrolled. You'll have a hard time making it without being spotted."

Aine raised an eyebrow. "Patrolled by who?" The lady shuddered.

"This group of criminals that call themselves Team Unknown. They've taken over the gym here." Aine started.

"Evan, the gym leader, is my friend. Is he okay? Do you know if he's still here?" The lady shook her head and Aine deflated. "Well, thank you for the information." She turned to the others. "Looks like we're going to have to take out Team Unknown while we're here if we want to move forward. What kind of approach should we go with, a sneaky one or a full-frontal assault?"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The name Team Unknown seemed to make Allie's bright and chipper demeanor falter, hard. For a moment, she froze in place, Eve matching her.
"Okay wait one second - they're here? Oh no, this is not good, not good at all.... What if they find out that we're here? I should run... oh, but I need this next gym badge..." She continued weighing her options. It was obvious she had met Team Unknown in the past.
Finally, she seemed to collect herself, making a decision. "Well, I'm here anyway, so I might as well.. Hey guys, you mind if I travel with you? I don't really want to be alone with those Team Unknown guys running around.." She did not specify why.

"Hi Allie, I'm Ariana Montgomery," Ariana responded, trying not to cry at the moment.

Mudkip hopped onto Ariana's head, trying to calm her down. She then took in the information Aine just got.

"This isn't good, Team Unknown's higher ups caused some Much trouble for my husband, we need to be careful." Ariana called out to Aine and Allie.

He looked at Allie's worried Demeanor, and sighed as he returned Pidove to being out Snivy, who immediately went to lie on his neck.

"We'll do our best to make sure they don't get you, okay?" He said, looking back to Aine. "Full-Frontal against an entire patrol? Sorry if I sound insane, but I don't think we'll be able to do it, unless we have some secret Weapon in one of the pokeballs."

He wasn't against the idea of a full-force assault, he just felt it was unlikely to be a successful one.
Looking at Dracoss, he nodded his head.
"Whatever you plan to do, you got our Vote."

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The teen slowly collected herself, visibly calming down. "S-Sorry about that. Uh... bad experience with them in the past. I'd rather not talk about it."
Like the flip of a switch, she was back to being chipper again, seemingly forgetting about her worry.
"Well, this is great! I've been looking for people to travel with anyway! A lot of people think I'm annoying for some reason... Am I annoying? I dunno... but that doesn't matter!"

Neon raised an eyebrow, confused by Allie's quick personality switch, but just shrugged.
Neon smirked.
"I for one, am down with the full on assault plan. Sounds fun, all our pokemon battling it out. Also, it'd be a good place to make our pokemon stronger, and maybe evolve."
All of Neon's pokemon agreed.

Nathan thought about it for a moment. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea! We do have a lot of Pokemon with us so we don't have much to worry about." His Pokemon nodded "And what Neon said this would be a great opportunity for some training" Nathan's Pokemon jumped in excitement.

Aine looked around. "Okay, first things first we should at least check it out. We'll see if there are any hints to Evan's whereabouts."

Walking into the city, the first thing that popped into view was a large welcome sign. Welcome to Caraway City! Elevated above the swamp, this bustling metropolis is home to the region's Radio Tower, as well as the Global Trade Center! "Yeah, the city's built on pillars. Pretty neat, huh? If you peek over the walls you can see the swamp below." Aine led the group down the street, keeping a careful eye out for any suspicious figures. She didn't have to wait for long; when they got to the gym, it was immediately apparent that it had indeed been taken over. Team Unknown grunts in their signature dark grey coats were patrolling the area. Interestingly, instead of O's on their hats, they now had B's. A different faction, perhaps? Aine thought.

As they spied on the gym, a voice came from behind them. "My, my. What a surprise." Startled, everyone whipped around to find a man in dark grey, blue eyes narrowed at them. Behind him, a squad of grunts, too many to fight at once. "You're... Aine. The experiment must have worked, then. Not from this world, are you?" He nodded to himself, gesturing to the grunts. "Bring them in."

Ignoring the group's cries of protest, the grunts surrounded them and began marching them into the gym. "Who are you?" Aine demanded. The man made a faux pouting face.

"You don't recognize me? I'm wounded." He revealed a Pokéball. "Maybe this will jog your memory." A Cloyster popped out, grinning maliciously at the group.

Realization dawned on Aine. "E-Evan? You're with them?" The gym leaders are compromised, I have to warn the others, she thought. But who would believe her?

"Actually, I go by Beta now." He gave the group an amused half-smile and waved as the gym doors closed, plunging the group into the dimly lit gloom. The sickly yellow lights above were flickering slightly as they were marched further into the gym, passing streams of water and dams that would have created obstacles for gym challengers. The grunts left them toward the back of the room, whispering amongst themselves as they headed back up to guard the entrance.

Aine's mind was swarming with conflict. "We have to get out," she murmured to the others. "Let's think of a team plan."

Neon was the one struggling the most.
“Let me go you stale croutons!”
Neon kicked at the grunts carrying him.
“Ugh, forget this.”
Neon punched the grunt holding him in the nose, with surprising force, knocking him backwards.
So much for team plan.
Neon sent out Riolu.
Realizing his team was outnumbered, and the group wasn’t as feisty, or have as much energy, as him, so they weren’t much help.
Neon also sent out Beldum,Scizor,and Dreepy.
“Alright, let’s take care of these annoying people!”
Riolu,Beldum,Scizor,and Dreepy agreed.
“Each one of you take out one of their Pokémon! Dreepy,bite! Charmeleon,dragon rage! Beldum, iron head! Scizor, use X-Scissor!”
[PLEASE let me know if this interferes with any plans you had for the rp, I will, happily delete it if that’s the case.]

Unfortunately for Neon, the guards weren't fazed by his struggling. One, irritated by the punch he had received to the face, made to retaliate, but another guard stopped him. "Follow protocol," he reminded. Once Neon sent out his Pokémon, however, the grunts didn't hesitate to send out their own. As Neon ordered his Pokémon to attack, the opposing Kadabra used Telekinesis to hold them in place while the Hypno sent them to sleep. Aine rushed forward to catch Neon before he fell over, while the Pokémon returned to their balls.

"Don't underestimate us," the grunt in front warned. "I heard about your encounter with Omega. Even as Beta-grunts, we're much more powerful than he is." The Psychic-type Pokémon's eyes gleamed menacingly in the dim lighting. "We're not above kicking a couple of kids while they're down, so don't push us." They returned to their stations at the front, and using some of the water from the stream nearby Aine splashed Neon in order to wake him up.

"Nice try," she told him. "You fought well, but I don't think fighting them all at once like that is the way to go." She thought for a moment. "Listen, I told you the city is elevated, right? The sewers here all lead down to the swamp. If we can find a grate or something into the sewers, maybe that's the way to travel."

Neon appeared to be more disappointed in himself then mad or angry.
"Yeah, I reacted too fast."
Neon rubbed the water on his face, and twisted his wrist around.
"You're right though, that was a bad idea, I can get impulsive at times."
He shrugged.
"I'm down with your plan. Also, these guys have no morals, we could use that."
Neon inched slightly closer to the group, and lowered his voice so only Aine, and possibly the others in the group could hear.
"This might not be my best plan, but I got an idea. They have no morals, right? Maybe, we could use some of our pokemon, and maybe ourselves, if need be, to attack them, act like we're being irrational. They think most of us are just dumb kids anyway, right? In the midst of the battle, I could have my charmeleon use flamethrower on the water to cause a lot of steam, and then we could escape."
Neon shrugged.
"Although, I'm just spitballing, we could always go with Aine's plan."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie suddenly looked absolutely petrified, frozen as the grunts surrounded them. She practically didn't breathe at all, swiftly having Eve hide in her backpack. All she could do is pray that no one recognized her.
When they seemed to have forgotten her, she sighed in relief, sitting on the ground. Even so, she knew she wasn't out of the woods yet - if even a single Team Unknown member recognized her, she was good as dead and Eve was good as captured.
"We have to get out of here, now," the girl mumbled, just so the group could hear her. Eve was still hiding in her backpack, and her second Pokemon was still in a Dusk Ball on her belt. If you looked closely, you could see the ball glowing slightly and shaking - clearly Moon was struggling to get out and help her trainer.

"I like the steam idea," Aine said. "Maybe we could combine that with the sewers. We'll do a disappearing act on them. They'll think we escaped through the front but in reality we'd be somewhere else... that could work. We'll have to avoid Evan, though; as the water-type gym leader, he'll have no trouble chasing us." She sighed, frustrated. "Why in the world would he join them? What even is their goal? I suppose he's always been one for science, and he did mention something about an experiment..."

Oddish, who had previously been tottering around, came back and nudged her arm. Using his leaves he nodded toward the back wall, where there was a large grate where the stream flowed through. "Okay, here's what we're going to do," Aine said, determined. "Neon, go with the steam thing. While they're distracted, I'm going to need someone to break the hinges of that gate. As long as we only break the hinges, we can replace it and cover our trail. We'll follow the water to the swamp, there's a secret way in that I know of near the edge of town that we could use. Once we're there we'll have to figure out how to sneak past the rest of the guards to get to the Cinnamon Mountains, but let's save that for later."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie seemed to brighten ever so slightly. "Eve knows Iron Tail. She can probably cut the hinges, if we try hard enou- wait a second. I cannot let them see us, especially Eve. I... kinda made them really mad a while back, and I'm pretty sure they want Eve for some reason."
She seemed to quickly go over her options, before making her decision. "It's worth the risk. I'll do it."

"Alright, got it."
Neon closed his eyes, shook his head, and sighed.
"I'm about to do something awesome."
Neon sent out all his pokemon at once, commanding them to use moves that were the most big and loud, their only goal to cause chaos.
About thirty seconds into the chaos, when the grunts were nice and distracted, Neon commanded Charmeleon to use a powerful flamethrower on the water, causing the whole room to fill with steam.
In the midst of the chaos, Neon went over to Allie.
"Your turn, you got this!"
Neon gave Allie a motivational thumbs up, then went back, and Charmeleon used flamethrower on the water again to really steam it up.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Okay. Deepbreathdeepbreathdeepbreath - OHGODIGOTTARUN!

She took off with a start, unzipping her backpack. Eve seemed to instinctively jump onto the teen's head.
"Vee, vee - eevee!" <Okay, what now, hothead - what the hell!>
Eve noted the chaos around her, her violet-tinted eyes flicking from place to place, before finally landing on the gate.
"Eve, Iron Tail, but just on the hinge!"
With precision and power, Eve leaped into the air, turning her tail into a steel blade. She did an aerial flip, slashing down and cutting cleanly through the hinges.
"Great job, Eve! Man, I'm glad big sis gave us the TM for that one..." Allie muttered to herself. She then called back to the rest of the group. "Hey guys! Come on!"

Neon held back an excited yell, despite the chaos, he didn't want to reveal their location, instead, he just went for an excited fist pump in the air.
"Yeah Allie! That was awesome!"
Neon high fived Allie, then started to follow the water quickly with the others.

Bentley followed behind the group, he'd been silent most of the time, besides protesting when they were capture by Team Unknown, trying to devise a plan though obviously he hadn't thought in one of time to pitch in. They'd have to stop them eventually, he thought to himself, there was no way he at least would let them continue to run rampant over the region.

Looking back towards the grate, he continued following the Crew, a thought keeping his mind open.

"A gym leader joining... I understand what these people are doing, but.. What if Team Unknown..." His thoughts cut short by Dracoss climbing on his head. She wasn't necessarily scared of water, instead, she just couldn't swim.

"Sorry about that. I'll make sure we get out right away."

Thankfully, the smell of the sewers was diluted due to the running water. Grimer peered at them as they passed, while Rattata scurried across the path in front of them. Aine held her shirt over her nose as the group rushed through the canals. "Over there," she pointed toward an opening where the water was running out. Quickly making their way outside, it became immediately apparent that they were now in the swamp. Overhead, the large platform Caraway was built on blocked out the sunlight. Aine kept an eye out as she ushered everyone forward. "Okay, there's a large cliff wall over that way." She pointed left. "Let's head over and I'll show you my secret way in."

The wall was a large landmark in the middle of the swamp. Set between two pillars, it seemed like someone had spray-painted graffiti over it. Aine scratched her head a little and laughed nervously. "Okay, this is weird so don't judge too much." She sent out Cradily, who looked eager to help. "All right, you know the drill." Using its suction-cups, Cradily latched onto the wall and crawled all the way up to the top. Then, he lowered his tentacles down to the group. Aine grabbed on and he pulled her up. "Thanks babe," she told him, giving him a handful of Oran Berries. Then she called down to the others, "Hold on tight!" One-by-one, Cradily pulled them up to the top.

"Okay, this is a pretty deserted part of town, but there is a Pokécenter nearby. Let's head there and heal up quickly, then we'll try to sneak past the guards on Route 4."

In the Pokemon Center Pearl was ransacking the entire place, scavenging for healing items for her injured Stoutland.
"C'mon, there's gotta be something in here!" She said knocking over things onto the floor. Her Stoutland laid on the floor, tired. "Don't worry, Stoutland. I'm gonna find something to help you, just hang on a little longer, okay?" Stoutland nodded and licked her face. She giggled a little bit and continued to search but still, found nothing. "I guess there's nothing in here, I suppose"

Stoutland and Pearl both sighed and walked out of the door. She looked down at Stoutland, walking with her. "Don't try to push yourself too hard, we both don't want you to faint, again" she looked up and bumped into one of trainers. "Ouch!" she looked up and was relieved to find actual people, besides those wannabe tough-guys called Team Unknown.

Neon didn’t quite see Pearl, considering he was a good foot taller, despite her looking to be about his age.
“Ah shoot, sorry!”
Neon looked at Pearl, then at her Stoutland.
“Oh, your Stoutland looks pretty dog-tired.”
Neon realized his joke.
“Hah, I just got it, heh, get it- never mind.”
Riolu shook it’s head,
Neon got out a super potion, and sprayed the Stoutland.
“Who are you? I’m Neon.”
Neon gestured to the group, and pointed at each of them, saying their names in the process.
“And that’s Aine,Allie,Sean,Bentley,Nito,Nathan, and Ariana.”

Pearl smiled and giggled a little. "Oh, it's okay and my names Pearl" she waved to everyone else "Nice to meet you all too!"
Stoutland, all healed up, barked in appreciation. "And thanks for helping out!" Stoutland sniffed at the ground and looked at Neon's Riolu and smiled.

"Caraway City..."
Riff looked around, shaking his head. Even though the architects of this city probably did a good job hiding it, he still couldn't get over the fact that there was a swamp a few feet below him. The smell that came from it didn't help either.
"What a rathole", he said, as he turned to the 5-foot-7 Skarmory he was travelling with.

Riff and Lemmy, as the bird was called, had been training for quite some time that day. Although he never cared much for battling - or Pokémon at all for that matter - Riff started to enjoy himself a bit more with every wild Pokémon they faced. For the first time he could put all of his Pokémon knowledge, which he apparently still remembered from his childhood, into use.

After a whole day of training, Lemmy and its trainer decided it was time to rest. Riff had flown on Lemmy's back for a few miles after that, looking for the nearest Pokémon Center. They ended up here, in Caraway City. "You look exhausted", Riff said to his companion. He had already dismounted the bird, as he noticed it didn't have the energy to fly any further. "Why don't you return in your ball? I'll walk from here."

After a long and lonely walk, Riff eventually got to the Pokémon Center. By now, he himself was pretty tired as well. As he entered the building, he saw a large group of Pokémon trainers and their Pokémon. Riff wasn't the most outgoing person to begin with, but at the end of a long, busy day, he'd really rather just be alone. "That's just great...", he sighed.

Aine smiled warmly at Pearl. "I'm Aine, gym leader of Thyme Town. It's nice to meet you. We're actually trying to get through to the Cinnamon Mountains to meet with the Professor, but I heard the road's being patrolled by Team Unknown?" She handed her Pokéballs to Nurse Joy who then placed them into the healing machine. "We thought we'd stop by and take a breather." As another person trudged into the building, she nodded politely at him, letting him pass so he could drop his Pokémon off with Nurse Joy as well. "You heading that way as well, Pearl? We'd be happy to join up with you, if that's the case. Safety in numbers, and all."

Pearl nodded "Yeah, sure! I think it would be pretty nice" she said with a smile. "What do think, Stoutland?" Stoutland was okay with it so he barked in agreement. "Alright, cool" She replied petting him. "Oh, and you all are also dealing with Team Unkown?"