1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting Arcade Gimmick

Discussion in 'Pokémon Games Discussion' started by Linkachu, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Reading that quick snippet of info on Serebii today has intrigued me quite a bit. This cel-shaded "Battrio" arcade game in Japan - which graphically looks fairly cool IMO - lets you battle with 3 Pokemon at a time. I don't even know if that'd be a good thing or not, it's just interesting, y'know?

Before anyone jumps to any conclusions that this could be a hint at future Pokemon gameplay changes, it is still an arcade game. With a name like Battrio it sounds pretty much like the 3 on 3 battles is a gimmick. Something tells me that the amount of Pokemon you can battle with won't be the only gameplay mechanic change either.

But what do you think? Think we'll ever be seeing something like 3 on 3-style matches in the near future of Pokemon? And is Japan the only place in the world where they still release new arcade games? :p

2. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

3-3 would be a nice mechanic to include, I'd say. It'd widen the strategy of 2-2 to a completely different level and support moves would become even more useful.

As for new arcade games, the Mario Kart arcade game was released in England and America as well. Arcades aren't nearly as dead as people claim them to be, they're just no-where near the level of consoles or handhelds. I mean, if they were really as dead as people say, would you be seeing little 10 year old girls bopping away to DDR when you're trying to knock down pins at Bowling or people pretending to shoot Zombies with double holstered light-guns when you're waiting to catch a plane?

Arcade machines have long since broken out of specific arcade arenas and are thriving on it.