• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Inky Cephalapods: Splatoon Discussion - potential rp

Two years have gone by since the events of Splatoon 2. Inkopolis Square is still the freshest place in the city; it's in the heart of Cephalopod City- the proposed name brought up by Pearl and Marina only a year ago: the benchmark for when Octolings and Inklings could finally 'get along' in the same place.
However, the bond of trust that had begun to build is quivering: Inklings are going missing. Salmonoid are becoming increasingly more violent, and wear the same shades Octolings once did. Less Octoling are welcomed; excluding Marina- who's popularity is skyrocketing, along with Pearl's- unlike the Squid Sisters, who have split up and gone completely solo.

Not too much has changed, right? Squidkids still participate in Turf Wars and Ranked Battles; Judd and Li'l Judd still plop onto the ground after a day's work of tallying scores.

R U L E S:
- general rules of 'charms
- don't be overpowered
- common courtesy
- no mature content
- i guess romance is fine- but don't go past pg-13
- 2 lines is our minimum
- 3 ocs maximum, only one can be an octoling. (though i would prefer if everyone just had one character so it's easier to tell who's who)
- don't roleplay as canon characters except for the shopkeepers (i'll only be off the hook to announce things to advance the plot; same for any agents.)

OTHER STUFF:
- minimum age is 14; at 14 inklings can control their squid & kid forms easily. i assume same goes for octolings. (and.. 14-year-olds can get jobs. yay.)
- we can say that our characters all know each other to make this easy.
- customization for your inkling/octoling doesn't have to be as limited as in the game; as long as you made up the design and it's an inkling or octoling, the sky's the limit.
- i want to close this at 8 people; so that we can have around 2 teams and 4 on each, like any splatoon mode.

- inkling color works a bit different. in the plaza, you can change your color freely, but in battles, it'll match up with your team's.
- the sewer.. thing..? still leads to octo canyon, it's just blocked off now.
- uhh... pretend the ink/octolings have houses and they usually don't play at nighttime.
- we're going to begin in the plaza, at daytime

ROLEPLAY FORUM:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Species:
Freshness Level:
Ranked Level (if under level 10, ignore):
Main Weapon:
Job: (optional)

MY CHARACTER:

Name: Lauren
Appearance: Lauren is a short Inkling. His 'hair' is shoulder-length long, and he has it in a ponytail often. He has short bangs, too. The very tips of his hair-tentacles don't change color- they're black. In the plaza, his ink color will be a dark blue. His gear is an oversized sweater- it's color varying on his ink, a dark turquoise pair of sneakers, and a beret that changes color with his ink.
Personality: Young, bubbly, and feisty, Lauren is not easily unmotivated, and constantly is seeking out adventure; which is why he loves Turf Wars and Ranked modes! He's talkative, but that doesn't guarantee he is charming or amiable. Sometimes, it's quite the opposite- he can be annoying.
Species: Inkling
Freshness Level: 34
Ranked Level:
Clam Blitz: A+

Splat Zones: A-
Tower Control: S
Rainmaker: A-
Main Weapon: He really has no 'main weapon', but he often uses something the N-Zap set.
Job: Lauren found himself a part-time job as GrizzCo Industries recently.

FINAL NOTE:
Hope you join me in this roleplay! (if it even gets popular, or decently noticed, that is...)