• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Initial Dragonite: Defenders of Mt. Moon!

As soon as Zack saw Red stop just inches before the finishline he knew what happened. With uncanny speed he races up the path and ran to Red. He reached him just as the other racer stopped to help him.

Zack walked over and held Red in his arms. Red turned and buried his face in Zack's broad chest. Zack looked to Stror. "I think he is reliving the day his father was pushed over the edge of this very path. It seemed it was the loud noise is what probably did it. Thank you for caring for him. Not many racer would care that much as long as they won."

As the racers sped up the mountain, various members of Initial Dragonite radioed in the times of each leg. Zolt was surprised by the times of the first two legs for each racer.
"These newbies are going way too fast! They're going to burn their Pokemon out." Benson radioed confidently. Zolt wasn't so sure...

Zolt watched as the two racers rode up the final stretch. Both were pushing their Pokemon hard, and it lookes like it was going to be a close race. At the last minute, however, something happened. The kid riding the Persian suddenly stopped. Zolt watched as the kid leaned against his Persian, crying, and the leader made sure to clock Stor's time as he crossed the finish line.

Jumping over the barrier, Zolt pointed to Fi and Nathaniel.
"Get to the starting line and get ready to race." The leader directed, then began to make his way over to Red, Stor, and Zack.
"Hey, dude... I'm going to have to ask you guys to clear the course." Zolt said. As he approached the group, Zolt found his attention being pulled towards Red. The kid looked like a mess... But yet there was something familiar about him. "The next race is going to be starting soon."

Stror just nodded in understanding before he let Zack take care of Red. His Zebstrika, almost feeling like it was her fault, came over and made a bit of an apologetic grunt before eyeing both Zack and Red with an apologetic baby-eyed look. Her head was so close that they could both easily hug Pokemon. Stror just smiled as he saw his Pokemon trying to take the blame with her antics and looked up to see people were getting ready at the finish line, which was now the starting line. He looked up to see a kid telling them to get off the course. Nodding, Stror whistled a low note. Zebby looked over and saw people were getting ready. Making an airy grunt the way a horse does, she nudged both Zack and Red a bit to get them to move, so they weren't in the way. Stror stood back up and walked backwards across the line, with Zebby walking backwards as well, making sure that the kid was alright.

Funnily enough, Zebby was usually a little self-centered. Almost too self-centered to notice someone in pain. Maybe it was emotional pain that she was able to understand. She let Zack and Red's Persian take care of Red before walking back to the sidelines, where Stror was at. She stood next to him, the large, beefy horse looking more and more like a gentle giant than anything else.

Zack took a little more time to care for Red. He wanted to make sure he was ok before he moved. Red looked into Zack's green eyes. He had tears streeming down his face. Then he looked around and saw another race had started. He wipped up his tears with his sleeve and turned away from the strong chest. He seemed like a different person then before he was drained. He walked hand in hand with Zack over to the guy he raced against. He took the time to return Persian. He reached out his hand gently laid it on the black and white horse. "Thank you for caring. I will be ok."

Zebby whinnied in response, as if to say something to the extent of "You're welcome, but you don't look okay."

Stror just chuckled and patted Zebby on the back before talking to Zack and Red. "I never usually see her get that helpful with someone she doesn't know. She's usually a little more self-absorbed, not that it's a bad thing, mind you," he quickly stated at his Zebby before she had zapped him for that. "But, it's hard to tell if she'll notice when someone is hurt or not. Usually, she doesn't unless it's emotional pain, which she understands way better. Anyway, you sure you're gonna be okay?" he asked Red, concern in his eyes. "I do understand your condition, as it's called PTSD, I think. My dad has it, too. He got his from the war, working as a field nurse and a mechanic, but that's another story for another time."

"Yeah I will be fine. I just did not think it would hit me like it did. Usaully I know when it comes. Though here and lately it has been more recent. Especially when I decided to enter this race. It just seemed like the right thing to do. It is my way of living in his honor." Red was hugged from behind by Zack. He felt comforted.