• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Initial Dragonite: A Pokemon Racing RP

Yea, Renz, sorry to burst your bubble. XD

But let me try to explain a little bit better. The act of using Pursuit doesn't increase speed. The only act you are doing is attacking a Pokemon that doesn't want to fight anymore for double the damage. That's all it does.

If you are behind another Pokemon, regardless if you used Pursuit or not, you will still get a slight speed boost because the air drag is not as intense behind another racer (and being smaller than the racer helps). So you will become faster and are able to bypass them because your Pokemon can use its energy to sprint right on by.

And yes, I'm a little iffy on what the punishments would be if you hurt another racer, regardless of it being an accident or whatnot, so I'll let Captain decide. I was giving a sort of guideline of what might happen. But it may happen like that Playful, I am just not sure.

Wow! A lot of stuff. Okay.
@Merciless Medic the uphill course takes place on the same road as the downhill course. So basically, the downhill course but backwards. It would be a small straightaway followed by a split in the course which quickly meets back up. Then a series of sharp turns that gradually get less sharp, and the course ends with another small straightaway. That's the uphill race.

And also, y'all are talking about how fast your Pokemon are, but if they try to make those sharp turns in the middle of the course going at full speed, you're probably going to crash XD It's just as much about knowing when to slow down for the turns as it is pushing your Pokemon as fast as it can go. But the turns might not be as much of trouble on the uphill, just because your Pokemon will be going a bit slower.

If another racer gets hurt, well, it depends. If it was an accident, you'd get a warning (it also might be difficult to find someone that would race you after that). If it was on purpose, then you're outta here! Hope that clears everything up.

That's what I thought! Also, I'm talking about when we are on a more straight path for my speed boosts. I'll slow down for turns, don't want to fall off the mountain!

Okay, so before we get the race any further, we should probably decide which one should win right off the bat so we could make this look like a fun and entertaining race without us getting mad at each other irl. XD

How should we see which one would win? Should we ask people, should we do a coin flip, should we do something else (like a Zap Cannon in Showdown, as that is 50% accuracy), or should we just wait it out in the RP and decide last minute?

I think it would be fun to see what the others think. I would love to see them voting here to see who one. Also if that is not on the board then I say we just leave it up to how the race in the rp turna out. I am not one to get mad in real life over something like this. Now my character is a different story. He would probably be a little salty.

@Merciless Medic it is ok. I completely understand I have done the same thing.

Alrighty cool. but not a whole lot of people are active right now besides us two. XD Should we leave it up for the people tomorrow, or should we just finish the race soon?

Uhh... Well, we could either do a coin flip or let others decide tomorrow.

There is a Google Coin Flip I can do, or we could leave it up for the people to judge who should win. Honestly, I don't exactly care how we do this. XD But I'm leaning more towards letting people decide tomorrow.

Me too. I think I am going to leave the last post I made as the last one for my character. I love how you ended yours so I want to leave it at that. I think it is a great stopping point for the race.

So, @Altari_owl, I'm a little confused about the moves being used. For Camouflage, why would it change the Pokemon's ability to climb uphill? The path they will be racing on is, I believe, flat ground that has sharp twists and turns and is steep as it is going uphill. Plus, Camouflage just changes the type, not the capabilities the Pokemon has, so just a little confused by that.

Sunny Day and Leech Seed are actually very clever though, but I'm confused why the vines would be used. You have to follow the path, and you can't scale the mountain without staying on the path. I'll let Captain Cardboard decide if there's shortcuts, but from what we have discussed before in the first two pages of this thread, we have to follow the path and can't skip large parts of it.

As for Horn Leech, how would it be used for aerial maneuvers? Yes, you will be going uphill, but why aerial movement? I would assume you mean to allow your Sawsbuck to steer on the sharper turns, but I have no idea what you mean by aerial maneuvers. XD

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
For Camouflage, I think that either it will make Sawsbuck harder to see the same way it was used in the anime and manga. This and the fact that Rock-types are generally better in their own element as described in certain places (kind of like STAB).

Leech Seed can be used to make a small sort of ramp. The vines will extend in a more horizontal way which will be easier to scale but take about as long as running the track. This method is mostly used to conserve energy.

Sunny Day is a surprise...

Horn Leech can be used as a sort of grappling hook or a pole for pole-vaulting. Fi has saddles and straps on her Pokemon which they are used to and have practiced for a long time with. It can also be used for steering.

The "leech moves" in general are a sort of multi-use tool so they don't really have a specific use. Leech Seed can be planted about anywhere bust won't last as long before the seeds recede (or rather, re-seed). Horn Leech comes from Sawsbuck but the vines last for longer.

Okay XD thank you for explaining for me. Just be careful not to fall off the cliff with the Horn Leech pole vaulting.

And the Pokemon being better in their own element is a weird one. A Water-Type Pokemon that never has been in the water would likely be scared and would suck living in the water until instincts take over or until it lives in that area for a long while. I'm not sure if a Pokemon being a specific type makes them better at their surroundings. XD it's just a weird concept for me, I guess, as it doesn't make any logical sense to me, and the reasons why they live in that area is because they were born there and they can utilize the area expertly because they've had experience with it, plus the instincts help. It doesn't usually come down to their typing (some Fire- and Dragon-Types live in mountains, too). Now it would be different if your Sawsbuck was trained on mountainous terrain. XD

I also just can't see a deer with a person riding it use its antlers to pole vault or grapple XD but I'm pretty sure it works, I just cant visually see it because it's so bizarre. XD

Also, after looking at the move Horn Leech, there are no vines that are even mentioned when the move is used in both the anime, games, and manga. XD so I'm assuming it's a variation that your Pokemon has trained with.

Question is, where would the antlers grapple on? If there's not a whole lot above to grapple on, how would pole vaulting work? Would your Pokemon be upside down then and use its horns as a pole vault thingy as it flips around? Wouldnt that destroy your Pokemon's neck? regardless of how fast you're going to disperse the weight, you are going uphill, which makes this technique difficult. Its carrying it's own weight and your own weight plus the riding equipment on its neck as it flips around. Xd that sounds highly dangerous.

I don't mean to burst your bubble but, logically, it seems super painful and if something happens, your Sawsbuck could seriously hurt itself.

Although, now that I think about it, the Horn Leech can grapple on to the turns as you go through the switchback. XD

and the surprise behind Sunny Day isn't a surprise for me. XD but I won't say anything about it.

Pollen-Puff

They would grow onto a surface or even into the rock, then recede back into antlers when the move is over. What I mean by aerial maneuvers isn't really pole-vaulting. Sorry for the bad description. It's really more like a jump boost. Sawsbuck jumps into the air and then uses Horn Leech to propel itself forwards. The vines don't have to grow straight out and can grow in whichever direction Sawsbuck manipulates them in, to an extent.

Yeah, the surprise isn't really a surprise as much but more like something Fi doesn't want to reveal until the race. It's not Solar Beam, however.

I was more scared about it hurting itself. XD and the only things that really boost speed with Sunny Day are abilities XD plus, it is against the rules to destroy the track so i had enough common sense to realize you wouldn't do that.

Pollen-Puff

Oh, okay then! It also makes the user less visible so Sawsbuck could sneak ahead in a certain situation. That's not in the games but is in the anime/manga (Bulbapedia research).

So, anybody that wants Stror to win, Like my last post in the RP.
Anybody who wants Red to win in this race, like EmoKitty's last post in the RP.

Just so I can get this show on the road and figure out who wins. I know Captain Cardboard did a coin flip and pointed to Stror winning, but I kind of want a bit of Democracy. XD

xukfhsqbSLVaiJHv6

But seriously, y'all might just have to make a decision XD