• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Initial Dragonite: A Pokemon Racing RP

Also, just as a clarification, if I get super snippy with you all, I'm so sorry. XD I am on my 2nd trimester or nearing it, so I tend to get snippy with things that dont go with the way I want them to or with the way that I think other people will want. I will try my best not to be mean and will not use this as an excuse to be rude to people, but if I get snippy and i find out, i will apologize and mend what I have done (or at least try to).

If you want to know more about my pregnancy, you may talk to me on my profile or whatever. XD but let's keep this Discussion thread about the RP.

Anyway, I'll get a character up in a moment.

I am pretty tempted in joining this XD Bio might take a while but count me in! XD I really like the thought of riding a Rhyhorn or something.

Also I might have found a Pokemon that could do both the uphill and downhill race effectively: A Skiddo/Gogoat? They're like based of ibexes and goats who're just kind of crazily awesome at that sort climbing up and down mountain sort of thing XD I probably won't use one but like they're the best all rounder Pokemon XD

Character sheet
Name: Strorgos "Stror" Vythalinibor Darastrix
Personality: He is super outgoing, bubbly, a charismatic goof, and super nice to everyone. He has a thing for computers, working out, and anything having to do with his three favorite types that he's proficient in (Electric, Fighting, and Steel). To his family (including his Pokemon), he's exceptionally loyal to them, laying down his life for them. Although, he may he a little impulsive, obnoxious, and a big eater, but his spontaneity is the mainstay of his entertainment value. He also lacks an inside voice and has to constantly be reminded about his loud nature, only for him to completely forget about it again a few minutes later and go back to borderline yelling. Plus, he talks super fast when excited, causing him to have to repeat himself almost every time he speaks because of this. For this competition, anything he does is for the competition. After hearing about this race, he began training his Pokemon and himself on this mountain (because he lives north of the course, so why not?). He does have a good sportsmanship and despite his wanting to win, he is mainly here for the fun of it.
Appearance: He is 6'04" (193 cm) and weighs 220 lbs (99.8 kg) of mostly muscle. He is pretty burly looking and while not looking like he's a bodybuilder, it does look like he has been working out and hardly misses a day of exercise and strength training. He has spiky yellow (not blonde) hair that has steely tips and brick red roots. His eyes are steely grey with yellow and brick red specks thrown about. His clothes consist of a yellow tank top, brick red exercising shorts, and grey and black tennis shoes. He has a handmade twine around his neck that dips right below his collarbone divot with nine charms strung through. These charms are Magnet, Lightning Amulet, Zap Plate, Black Belt, Fighting Amulet, Fist Plate, Metal Coat, Steel Amulet, and Iron Plate. He also has a Z-Ring and has an Electrium-Z, a Fightinium-Z, and a Steelium-Z on standby, but since this competition is not meant for battling, they are just there to show off.
Racing Event: Uphill and Downhill
Racing Pokemon: Zebstrika (uphill) and Metagross (downhill)
Backstory: When he was born, a Pokemon was born at the same time as him, and it was a Riolu. He was born in Cocona Village, Oblivia, at the same time as his two older brothers and younger sister (a part of a quadruplet). Because of his family's culture, his first ever Pokemon Partner was his Riolu. He grew up moving from region to region, until his baby brother was born. They all then settled north of Mt. Moon in a ranch his father and grandfather had built. His mother homeschooled them all when they were 6, so as to give them a head start in life. Because of this, he finished early in any school he went to, leaving him able to run around the region and learning more about the Pokemon. After going through his last schooling and journeying around the Alola Region when he was 18, he came back home and began to go about on a journey perfecting his knowledge and master of his proficient types. After turning 28, he started working at the Dojo in the Kanto region and taught people how to train their Pokemon, while also being a PokeTube star of playing video games and being a general dork to hundreds of fans.
Eurobeat theme: Speedy Speed Boy by Marco Polo (fits him so well, it's making me laugh XD)
Other Pokemon: Magnezone, Lucario, Heracross, Oricorio Pom-Pom Style
Other: If anyone wants to say they know my character through his PokeTube content or through training at the Kanto's Dojo, go ahead.

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
@Merciless Medic It's fine! I probably don't wanna know what a trimester is, though...

Name: Fiorella "Fi" Bayberry
Personality: Fiorella is energetic, optimistic, and clumsier than even her Archeops, and as cheerful as she is, she has few friends other than her Pokemon. She loves to spend time in nature and by the sea, and racing is a favorite pastime of hers. Luck seems to switch quickly between lucky and so unlucky it's laughable for her. She can laugh off her mistakes easily, though, and doesn't hold a grudge. The only thing wrong with her is that her memory isn't the best and she often forgets important details. Just don't call her "Fiorella..."
Appearance: Fiorella stands near 5 feet. She doesn't know her precise height or weight because, in her words, "I don't like to measure myself. It seems depressing because you always want more." Her eyes are icy blue and she has a fair complexion. She has long hair that she dyed to make light green. Fi usually wears a green or white hoodie and black shorts. A necklace hangs around her neck with green-and-white beads to represent the two types she specializes in: Grass and Flying.
Racing event: Both
Racing 'mons: "Stagione" (Sawsbuck) for uphill (I don't know which season), and "Reliquia" (Archeops) for downhill.
Backstory: Fiorella's parents were born in Fiore but she moved to Kanto at 6. Her Sawsbuck was her first Pokemon, being caught by her mother for her in Lyra Forest when it was still a Deerling. Her mother helped her come up with a name for the Deerling and he was dubbed "Stagione." When moving to Kanto, her grandfather gave her a goodbye present: a plumage-shaped rock he had kept with him as a good-luck charm. When Fi arrived in Saffron City, she went to Silph Co. and asked one of the scientists to examine the rock her grandfather had given her. Upon examination, it appeared to be a Plume Fossil! The next day, she asked the same scientist to revive the fossil, which he told her would be an Archen. That was the day she met Reliquia. Though she's a new member of Initial Dragonite, she has been racing down Mt. Moon for years and was surprised to find that there was a group devoted to it.
Eurobeat Theme: Gourmet Race (Smash Bros Brawl)
Other Pokemon: Staravia, Bellossom, Ninjask

XD It basically means I'm at a stage in my pregnancy where weird things happen. Completely normal though. That's all.

Also, Stror is going to like your character. XD He has two sisters, one has the proficiency with Grass, Ground, and Rock, and the other one has a proficiency for Normal, Flying, and Fairy. XD

Pollen-Puff

Oh, so that's what a trimester is! Thanks!

*sees Stror's sisters' type proficiencies*
How did you know that my favorite types are Grass, Normal, and Fairy?
*considers that maybe I'm just dumb*
Oh.

Yo! So, @Merciless Medic and @Altari_owl , accepted! I love the characters.

I feel like a should point out that these races that go on are usually a weekly occurrence. Also, the races are one v one. Usually, that is. Also also, these events aren't exactly... legal? Like, it's supposed to be against the law to recklessly race down the mountain in the middle of the night. But the thing is, it's been a tradition for so long down there that the adults just turn a blind eye. Just figure I should bring these up.

Pollen-Puff

What season is the race gonna take place? I just want to know for Sawsbuck.

Bonus Altaria/Noctowl points if you can guess what Fi and her racers' names mean!

HINT: What country is Fiore based on?

Pollen-Puff

Thanks for the season!

As for the names...

Okay, that's a language...

It actually has no relation to me, I just think that Italian sounds pretty.

What do the letter combinations mean?

Fiorella sounds like the female version of Fiore, which means Flower in Italian.

Fi is the solfeggio syllable used to indicate the sharp of the fourth note of a major scale.

Stagione means Season in Italian.

Reliquia means Relic or Treasure in Italian.

Bayberry just sounds like two words put together: Bay and Berry. Alternatively, it means "a North American shrub with aromatic leathery leaves and waxy berries."

Pollen-Puff

Okay, here is the solution. @Merciless Medic You got 2 out of 3!

Fiorella means little flower
Stagione means season
Reliquia means relic
Bayberry was from a list of trees and it sounded cheerful so it really didn't have a meaning.

Imaginary Prize Board:
1 point: Altaria and Dragonium Z
2 points: Noctowl and Normalium Z/Decidueye and Decidium Z
3 points: Key stone plus Altarianite

XD woohoo

And the description of the Bayberry that I put down is exactly what that tree looks like, by the way. XD

But I'll take the Decidueye and its Z-Crystal XD

Although, I was half right with Fiorella. XD Should have looked up what that other half meant without guessing.

I do :3

Anyway, is there anything else we need to know about the course? Will there be branching paths for us to take and cave systems which are difficult to traverse through while it also brings us much closer to the goal than the other way?

Last edited:
Umm... With the Mt. Moon course, it's relatively basic. The biggest challenge to the course is the number of sharp turns and switchbacks. The course (going from the top of the mountain down) starts off in a bit of a straightaway. It then goes into the turns, which get tighter and sharper as the racers get further down the mountain. At one point, the paths do split but shortly comes back together. Then after the last turn, there is another short straightaway.

I plan for the races at Cinnabar, Mt. Mortar, and Mt. Silver to be a bit more... interesting, if we get that far!

Pollen-Puff

Fiorella didn't realize that it was a thing until maybe a few weeks ago, but she's been racing with Pokemon for a long time.

Are we supposed to look up the Eurobeat theme and play it at certain parts of the race?

Last edited:
I have been summoned! What is it that you want for me, Emo... A racing RP... I see... Here is my character!
Name: Taylor (Tay) Rillith
Age (16+ for racers): 16
Personality: Taylor, or Tay as she is called by her closest friends, is very stubborn and gets annoyed when people say that her name is a boy's name. She is an out-going person that loves to meet new people and has a strong sense of justice.
Appearance: Taylor has brown hair in a ponytail, hazel eyes, is Caucasian, and a round face with big lips. She stands at about 5'2 and weighs about 100 pounds. She wears a light green tee with dark blue jeans. She has black running shoes.
Racing Event: Both
Racing Pokemon: Rapidash (Flare) uphill Gogoat (Borage) downhill
Backstory: Taylor was born in Pewter City. When she was ten, she was given a Sandshew who she named Slasher. These two caught Eevee soon after. She journeyed throughout Kanto and caught a Ponyta and a Dratini along the way. After getting bored with Kanto, she went to Kalos where she caught an Absol and a Skiddo, which piqued her interest in mountain racing due to her Absol's climbing abilities. She had her Absol teach Flare and Borage how to climb mountains. She then returned to Kanto to join Initial Dragonite.
Other Pokemon: Sandslash (Slasher), Absol (Nightfall), Vaporeon (Aqua), Dragonair (Luna)

Last edited:
Humph. Garchomp would be amazing for this, mountain terrain would be no problem.... gotta go with something else since he can fly.

Name: Nathaniel Rolinrock

Personality: .... Enthusiastic. He thinks he has s good shot at winning a race, and is disappointed when he loses. Bounces back quickly, though.

Appearance: Wears light clothes and goggles. He is short and slim.

Racing event: Downhill.

Racing Pokémon: Pilli (Scolipede)

Backstory: born and raised in Pewter. He often went bug hunting in Viridian Forest, and that’s where he got Pilli. He took an interest in racing recently, and has been preparing to take part in the next race.

Other Pokémon: Meganuera (Yanma)

Other: derps