• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Inception

OMIGOD INCEPTION IS THE GREATEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE

I really feel like going to see it again. Everything-- plot, characters, effects-- ALL AMAZING. OMIGOOOOOOD.

The only part I wasn't clear on was the "kick" mechanic-- why didn't the initial fall of the van wake them up? There seemed to be something about synchronizing the kick through all the dream levels?

And of course the ending--I said "NOLAN YOU BITCH" in the theater out loud but luckily the people around me laughed. =^^= Whoops. So dirty! I think most of the signs point toward Leo's character being in the real world (there's two sets of kids in the credits, the top was wobbling) but there's power in keeping the audience guessing. Ariadne had a real anvillicious name, though.

Omigod you guys. Just. See this movie.

I wana see it SO BAD. Leonardo Di Caprio is an awesome actor and it just looks SO COOL, And no spoilers, please. I wanna go into that movie not knowing what to expect.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I saw Inception on the opening night, and holy crap did I love it. It was the singlest least I've ever said in a movie in my entire life (I usually make sarcastic comments galore during movies, but I felt like an ass for even saying "What's that guy from...?" >>)

As for the kick thing, I believe that they were so far under that they had to come out of one to be effected by the other, and the synchronizing with the music seemed to be key as well. It was an interesting concept, though, especially with the how the whole thing was put together. Holy crap! Amazing.

As for the ending...everyone in the theater let out a collective "Are you shitting me?" groan when it wobbled and cut to the credits. It was a terrific ending that really makes keep thinking about it after the fact, which is what you should want from your movie if you're a film maker.

All in all, it was without a doubt the best movie I've seen in a long time, and one of the best I've seen ever.

Although, I found some of the parallels between Leo's character in Inception and his character in Shutter Island to be kind of funny. Just something to think about if you've seen both movies. :3

Also, Kerauno, there are gonna be spoilers for a topic discussing the movie obviously. If you don't want to see them, I'd advise avoiding the topic. :p

Sir Red said:
Also, Kerauno, there are gonna be spoilers for a topic discussing the movie obviously. If you don't want to see them, I'd advise avoiding the topic. :p

Bah, now that I think about it, I really don't care about spoliers. I'll forget them by the end of the day.

Well after reading these topics I'm gonna have to see it. Luckily were I'm at for the summer movie prices are cheap. Only six dollars American for a ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Not gonna use spoiler tags myself. Here be potential spoilers. Read at your own risk. :p

Sir Red said:
Although, I found some of the parallels between Leo's character in Inception and his character in Shutter Island to be kind of funny. Just something to think about if you've seen both movies. :3

Heh, I must say noticed parallels between Leo's character in Inception and pretty well every other role I've watched him in, too. I felt he did a pretty good job with the role myself, but I often wonder if he's less acting and more just being himself... ;)

Anyhow, going into this movie I had no idea that dreams were such a huge part of the plot... LOVED. IT. TO. PIECES! It was like lucid dreaming taken to a whole new level... Hell, it's like something I'D write! Only I wouldn't be as gun and/or explosion happy... XD

The special effects were incredible at times. That earlier dream sequence where the younger girl showed off her control was just amazing. I was torn between staring in awe and giddy-spazzing.

I really loved the plot and the concepts, even if some of them were far fetched at best. The movie itself was like a hybrid between a science fiction movie and a "smart" action flick. Worked unexpectedly well, too.

There was probably only one segment in it that I wasn't so keen on. While the final job was meant to be a large portion of the plot, it was almost too long for my liking. If they'd cut it down about 15-20 minutes I would've been just as satisfied and still completely hooked, but by the end I found myself wondering when they'd finally wrap things up... Hated that feeling because I honestly did love the movie overall. For once I actually cared about all of the characters and what happened to them.

As for the very end... LOLZ. Sounds like my theatre had the same reaction as both of yours. The guy sitting next to me pipped up "I knew it!" and I just laughed. So typical. Pretty fitting ending, though. I'd say they were just being mean and it truly was the waking world, but we may never know~

It's seriously the BEST movie I've ever seen!
I love Nolan's work in general, but this was probably one of his best!

The music was awesome too! Hans Zimmer ftw!! ;D

Last edited by a moderator: