• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Incenses' Evil Plans!

Plot:
An evil team called Incense Incorporated want to make all Pokemon under their control. They will steal from any trainer possible at any time they want. Some trainers rebel against them while some join their evil group.

Rules:
All usual Pokecharms rules, and just remember this is set in Hoenn. :)

Character format:
Name:
Pokemon:

Here's mine.

Name: Harry
Pokemon: Grovyle, Lapras, Exploud, Primeape, Kadabra, Darmanitan

Now lets get roleplaying! (you start in Petalburg.)

Harry woke up in a hurry, today he was starting his adventure to find the hideout of Incense Incorporated! "I can't believe it!" He said to himself. "I'm going to destroy the Incense company once and for all!" He stuffed his mouth with chocolate as he ran out of the house. He ran through Route 102 and encountered a Poocheyana. "Go, Grovyle!" He shouted out as he sent his Pokemon into play. "Use Leaf Blade!" Grovyle obliged and used the move. The Poocheyana instantly fainted. The shockwave of the move made such a loud sound, people could hear it from miles away. "Whoops, return Grovyle." The Pokemon disappeared into the ball. "Sounded like a bomb." Harry thought, but there was no stopping him from continuing his journey. He didn't know he left footprints in the tall grass, making it look like a crime scene.

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Name: max
Pokemon: emolga, flareon, shiny sylveon, jumpluff.
Other: he moved from kanto to hoenn

Max has been walking in petalberg city with his partner Emolga as he heard an exploding sound, "what was that?" He said immediately in surprise from the unexpecting sound, the emolga that was on max's shoulder only looked around in confusion.
"Why wont we check it out, something bad must have happen" max said to the emolga and start running toward the place where the sound came from.

He ran until he reached Route 102, "you think this is the place when there was the explosion?, Nothing is burned and theres no smoke" max said and start looking around to find details, after a really short time he noticed a fainted phoochyena near fresh footprints.
"Poor pokemon" max said, he sat near him and healed him with items from his bag, "there you go" max said after he finished healing him, the phoochyena waggled his tail with happiness and went in his way.
After that he looked curiously on the footprints as he start to stand up.
"Lets follow the footprints, maybe the one who walked here before know about the explosion, if that was an explosion" max said, the emolga nodeed and max start running after the footprints.

(I changed a little the my pokemons to fit in the story)

Last edited:
Harry arrived in Oldale, still ecstatic as ever. "Maybe I could stop in the Poke Mart." He said to himself. "I mean, I'm going to get damaged if I fight these goons after all." He walked into the Poke Mart and asked the man at the counter for 3 potions, he paid, and was off again. "Wait." Harry thought. "Who's that?" He saw a person running towards him in the distance. He ran for it, making more and more footsteps as he went. He found himself in a dead end, luckily, he had Lapras. "Use Surf!" He yelled as he jumped onto the beast's back and swam away, not fast though, for how heavy Lapras was.

Magic Sparkle

Max contined to follow the footprints as he continue running, he then see harry from a distance start running too.
"The footprints belong to him, he probably a pokemon thief" max thought madly, he start to speed up and chase harry.
When he saw that harry surfing away max start to get nervous, the thief was about to escape and he didnt have a water pokemon, but then he had an idea.
"emolga use your iron tail and knock him to the water" he said to emolga, the emolga nodded and start flying toward harry and lapras, getting ready to use iron tail, max went to the edge and start yelling, "get back here you pokemon thief!" He yelled in anger and continue to yell, "i wont let you escape so easily!".

"Pokemon thief!?!?!?" Harry yelled. "I'm not a Pokemon thief! Wait... Is that why you're chasing me? You think I'm a Pokemon thief? Well here's something for you man! This Lapras is mine! All mine! Think about that!" Harry was absolutely furious. He hated being insulted. This was one of the worst feelings he'd ever had in his life. "If I was a Pokemon thief, I'd kill myself! and have I? No! I'm 16 years old! 16 years without dying! How about that?!"

Magic Sparkle

"how you would explain the explosion you did before, im not talking about the lapras" max said with anger, he took out a pokeball from his pocket and sent out sylveon, "i know you hiding the pokemons you stole in your bag" he yelled madly as the sylveon looked at max in confusion.
Meanwhile the emolga landed on lapras behind harry and was ready to use iron tail.

"That explosion was simply my Grovyle using Leaf Blade on a Zigzagoon too hard!" Harry said, not ecstatic anymore. "And I -" He didn't get to finish his sentence and fell into the water, nearly completely knocked out by the impact. He accidentally sent out Grovyle and once it realized what was happening, it went mad. It jumped onto the grass and and evolved into Sceptile. It used Quick Attack and shot forward at Max.

Name: Ruby
Pokemon: Minun, Plusle and Absol

Ruby walked cheerfully down the road toward the Poke Mart, playing her favorite song through her headphones. Next to her, Minun and Plusle were riding on the back of her Absol, making excited noises in anticipation of a treat when they reached the Poke Mart. Ruby was humming along to the music when she saw the two boys fighting. "More Pokemon thieves?"

Concerned for her own Pokemon's safety, she ducked behind a bench nearby and gestured for the Pokemon to do the same. She took off her backpack ,turning off her music and looping her headphones round her neck. Ruby started frantically searching through her bag, hoping she'd brought the Pokeballs with her. All three of her Pokemon were staring at her in confusion as she realized she hadn't. "We're going to have to stay hidden for a bit, hopefully they won't notice us..." She whispered to them. Ruby sighed and sat down, hoping they'd stop fighting soon so she could leave. Absol rested his head in her lap and went to sleep, while Minun and Plusle jumped onto her shoulders to feel safe.

Magic Sparkle

After the emolga knocked off harry he fly back to max's shoulder, "theres a lot of pokemons thiefs lately, everyone of them hurting and stealing innocent pokemons, if you werent a thief you wouldn't try to escape" max said madly, sylveon gave a mad look at the lapras upon realizing why max sent him.
He got surprised when he saw harry's grovyle evolving, "however his bond is very strong between him and-" he didnt finish what he said before he got knocked away from the quick attack, the emolga fast fly to him, try to check if his partner okay.
"Emo emo?" The emolga questened in worry as the sylveon coming to max as well, "im fine" max said as he stand up, "sylveon return" he said and return her in the ball, then sent out flareon.
"I wont let people hurt innocent pokemons!" He yelled in rage, "use flame charge" he ordered kindly, the flareon nodded and rushed toward the sceptile as flames covered him.

Emolga ears twitched, "e..mo?" He said curiously as he start looking around, trying to figure out from where the noice came from.

Last edited:
Name: Cassandra
Pokemon: Shiny Charizard (with Charizardite X), Shiny Swampert, Serperior, Shiny Lapras, Shiny Fraxure, Shiny Vanilite

I'm running around Petalburg town, trying to escape the clutches of the Incense Incorporation from taking my pokemon. My father gave me his two special pokemon when I was a child and they're shaking in their pokeballs, wanting to fight. They haven't wanted to fight so badly since I left the Kalos region, " Black and White relax ok? Everything will be over soon," I say to them as I hid in a bush.

"I found her!" yelled one of the grunts from the corporation.

"Now we fight for our lives," I said as I grab both black and white kyurem.

I stand there waiting for the right moment to strike. "Well look at we have here. Its the corporation that I have been running from," I said while holding my pokeballs.

"Just wait you, stupid kid you're in for it," said one of the grunts.

"Well let's settle it then with a battle," I say.

Last edited:
Ruby's leg was starting to go numb from how long she'd been sitting still and waiting, and her Pokemon were bored and hungry. She decided she'd have to move soon, even if the battle hadn't finished. She gave Absol a quick stroke and tried to shift her position without annoying Minun and Plusle. The battle seemed to be getting pretty heated, so it didn't seem like it would be over any time soon. Ruby sighed and tried to get comfortable again.

A while later she heard a yell, this time definitely a grunt. Her Pokemon had heard it as well, and after so long sitting still, they wanted to battle. Rolling her eyes, Ruby decided to move quietly away from the current fight. She didn't notice the tree branch lying on the ground until she'd tripped, catching the attention of an Emolga nearby.

Last edited:
They grab their pokeballs and toss out a Gengar and Grimer. "Well, at least I know how to fight. Go, Black and White!" I say as I toss them out of their pokeballs.

"Th...thats impossible," said one of the grunts.

"Only the best get them so after we beat your pokemon you will for sure lose them," said the other grunt.

"You don't understand my bond with my pokemon. I have had my pokemon since I was little before my dad disappeared.

"I can't believe you're still looking for him," said one of the grunts.

"You don't even know how to use pokemon. You're just a kid."

"With the power of pokemon and the trust you have with them you can accomplish anything," I said as I looked at my Charizard and Swampert both giving them a head rub.

I have had a bond with mainly those two pokemon ever since I was a little girl. I loved them so much we grew a bond. I loved them so much I named them after the two legendaries Reshiram and Zekrom. "Charizard mega evolve and use flamethrower on Gengar, Swampert use Water Cannon!" I said to them.

After I mega evolved Black both of them Fused their moves into a Flame Water cannon making the grunts fly away like team rocket. "Hey they went blasting off again, " I say, making me and my pokemon laugh.

I put them into my pokeballs I suddenly hear a big explosion coming from the other side of town. "I have to go look. Black use fly to see where the damage was," I say to her.

"Charizard!" says, Black, as we fly over to the puffy cloud of smoke.

Harry just about manages to get out of the water before drowning "Grovyle, you finally evolved...." Sceptile was barely standing after the Flame Charge. It jumped up in the air and came down using Slam. "Sceptile!!!!" It yelled as it came crashing down. "You're a Sceptile now Grovyle. You can do this, Sceptile." Harry noticed something in the bushes. "Who the heck is that?" He asked himself. "Hey you!!! You spy!!" He yelled at the figure in the bushes. "Why is this happening? I just wanna get rid of Incense!" He thought.

Magic Sparkle

"dodge it!" Max said quickly, thanks to the speed boost flareon dodge it quickly, "okay, use flame charge again!" Max said and flareon rushed toward sceptile once again.

The emolga ears twitched again and he fast turned around to see ruby after she tripped, "emo...?" He said curiously upon seeing her lying on the ground.
The emolga decide to check it out, he took the fact that max is busy in the battle and fly to ruby and her pokemons.
He landed in front of her, "emo?" He said curiously.

Max didnt respond to what harry said until he said something about incense, "i dont know what is that incense youre talking about but its not metter, i wont let you hurt wild and innocent pokemons you thief" max said in anger.

Ruby awkwardly got up and checked for any injury, when she was sure she was fine, she turned her attention back to the two people battling. An Emolga had landed next to her and she smiled at it to show she was ok, and left her Pokemon sniffing at it. "I don't want any trouble! I just want to keep my Pokemon safe!" She called. Ruby stepped out to stand near them, her hands slightly raised to show she wasn't threatening. Absol, Minun and Plusle followed her, leaving the Emolga to run back to its trainer.

"I'm not a Pokemon thief! I'm trying to stop Pokemon thieves! Incense is an evil corporation wanting to get everyone's Pokemon!" Harry yelled. He was mad, not only because he was accused of being a thief, but mainly because his Pokemon were hurt "Look, do you wanna help me, or no?" He had slowly calmed down. "And do you wanna join my quest as well?" He asked Ruby. "Lapras, Sceptile, return." The Pokemon jumped back into their pokeballs.

Ruby relaxed when she realized he wasn't going to harm her Pokemon. "Ok" She smiled and accepted his offer to join his quest. "If you aren't a Pokemon thief then why are you two fighting?" Minun and Plusle were sniffing around at the Pokemon before they were returned, and they ran back to sit on Absol's back. Every now and then, she listened for another noise from the other battle, hoping that the Runts wouldn't find them.

"Ummmmmm..." Harry thought. "Um, mmm... Well, ah... I- I don't know! Sorry for all of the fuss stranger, now what are both of your names??" Harry asked, flabbergasted by his own utter stupidity. He knew his Pokemon were up to the quest already, but even more friends and Pokemon might give him an even higher chance than he could of ever bargained for in his whole life! He was ready for almost anything.

Ruby smiled, "That's ok, i'm Ruby, these are my Pokemon, Absol, Minun and Plusle." She gave Absol a reassuring pat on the head to show him everything was ok and that he was safe. She only now realized he was soaked. "Um...are you ok there?" She bit back a grin "You seem a bit...soggy..."

Harry was instantly confused, but realized what Ruby meant a second later. "Well, when me and him were in a fight, his Emolga hit me with Iron Tail and I went flying into the water. Hey, what is your name, kid?" He asked max. Harry always wondered what people were like when you befriend them, he also feared this thought, and so he was facing his darkest fears asking these people if they wanted to join him.

Magic Sparkle

Max sighed as he see harry return his pokemons and ruby who appeared from now, he turned to see emolga that land on his shoulder two seconds ago.
"Fine... I sorry about what happened, you just acted like one" max said and return flareon, "my name is max, nice to meet you both" he said, the emolga gave a smile to ruby, before he noticed that something wrong with absol.
Max looked at harry, "if your trying to stop thieves then count me in, every thief just hurting and stealing innocent pokemons" he said, "emo emo" the emolga said to max and pointed to
"Something wrong?" Max said curiously as he, then relizing what emolga trying to do when he see the absol.

"Oh that makes sense, I was thinking today was an odd day for a swim." Ruby joked. Absol was still distrusting of the two trainers and their Pokemon, but Minun and Plusle were looking around and squeaking cheerfully, happy to be moving again. Ruby noticed Max and Emolga staring at him, and stroked Absol again. "He's just a bit confused after all the fighting." She said apologetically. "It's nice to meet you both, you battle very well by the way."

"Ok, we need to get to Mauville if you guys are on my side, the're coming from Verdanturf, I saw them a couple days ago, stole a Gardevoir from a kid named Wally, the creeps." Harry knew these Incense thugs were bad, but that was ridiculous. He might have gone insane if his family hadn't calmed him down. He sent out Lapras again and jumped onto it's back. "Jump on!" He said to his new teammates.

Ruby grinned and climbed onto the Lapras' back carefully, stroking his shell happily as she settled. "Sounds like a good plan!" She smiled. Absol cautiously jumped up as well, and stayed close to her, still slightly wary. Minun and Plusle squeaked in excitement as they ran up to join her. She patted her lap and the two small Pokemon ran to sit in it. She wrapped one arm around them so they didn't keep running and annoy the Lapras.

Magic Sparkle

Max and emolga climbed carefully on the lapras, he hoped that the lapras understand and wont get angry on him about what happened before.
"I hope your plan will work" he said to harry, meanwhile the emolga looked around curiously, he was curious about all the pokemons that he saw swimming in the see and about the lapras and the pokemons that above the lapras, but he was mostly curious about plusle and minun.

As Cassedy flies overhead and sees the damage from the explosion that she heard before beating the grunts and come to find out that no one was there. She look out farther and sees people swimming towards Mauville city. "Black, fly towards them. They need to know that someone else is being hunted by the incorporation," She said to Black.
"Charizard!!!!"
As quickly as her Black could fly she caught up with the others and from the side of the Lapras, "Where are you guys heading to?"

Magic Sparkle

Emolga got surprised when suddenly the charizard came near them, "e-e-emo..." he said slowly, there was a little fear in his eyes and he didnt move.

Max didnt answered as well, there was only thoughts in his head, "he just came from nowhere and asking where we going, thats sound a bit suspicious, maybe his part of the strange team harry said before" he thought to himself as he Looking suspiciously at cassedy and charizard.

"Woah hold up now. I can see that you are suspicious of me but I am not apart of anything. I was chased down by the grunts from the Incorporation and had to fight them off. Plus I was looking for you since I heard that explosion from when I was battling the grunts," she said to the Emolga and the guy on the Lapras.
"I'm Cassedy and this is Black, my Charizard," she says to the strangers, "I am only here to find out why the incorporation is after our pokemon. I would rather find them and finish them off before they reach Team Magma and Aqua."

Last edited:
"Hey, do you want to join our group?" Harry asked the mysterious girl. "Y'know, we're trying to stop Incense as well. I saw stealing a Pokemon in Verdanturf a couple days ago, they camped on Route 117, I'm hoping they'll arrive at Mauville sooner or later, That is why we're heading there." The girl's Charizard really amazed Harry. It would really make the team look more threatening, Incense would be terrified.

Magic Sparkle

Max were surprised by harry answer, "y-you just accept her like nothing is suspicious and everything is okay" he said to harry, then giving another suspicious look at cassedy and her charizard.
"Its just dont feel right, i should keep eye on her" he thought to himself as he still looking at cassedy suspiciously, then turning back to harry, "im not sure its a good idea" he said.

The emolga still looked at the charizard in fear, even that he has electric attack which super effective on the charizard, he still feared from him and his size.

"No offense, but I guess I am kind of more trusting than you." Harry replied to Max. "Actually, forget that Max, you trusted me when I was acting like a freaking Pokemon thief, so I completely don't see why you are not trusting her at all right now. Anyway, what do you say?" He asked Cassedy. Sceptile was suspicious of her along with Max. He was going absolutely crazy in his pokeball and Harry didn't realise it at all.

Magic Sparkle

"fine..." Max replied, then turning immediately to cassedy, "but i will keep an eye on you" he said with a little anger.
"Harry may think that i trust him but he still look suspicious to me, at least until i will see the incense team he talked before" he thought to himself, "but if he's a thief i will be able to catch him quickly" he continued to think.

The emolga calm down a little and walked to stay behind max, he always had troubles with Charizards so he tried not to mess with him.

"Dont worry you guys I am trying to find out where my parents ended up over the last few years. They were kidnapped a few years ago from the incorporation. I know they have my mom and dad because they took them 2 years apart from each other so I would like to join. Your pokemon doesn't have to worry about me though. I am always good with pokemon. Especially Black here, " I say as I pet Black on his head, "You guys have nothing to worry about."

Last edited:
Name Tim
Age 17
Gender Male
Pokemon Kirlia
Other. His goal's to get back his Torchic his first pokemon, back from Incense Incorporated.

"Tell me where I can find your hideout." Tim interrogated a grunt he just defeated.
"I will never betray my team." The grunt shouted.
Tim shook his head. "Guess you leave me no choice then." He cracked his knuckles and took a step forwards.
"Alright! Alright! I will tell everything. Just don't hurt me, okay?" The grunt quickly changed his mind. "I have never been to the hideout myself before so I do not know but I heard they were heading to Mauville City."
Tim chuckled and signaled his Kirlia. His Kirlia nodded and used hypnosis. The grunt fell to the ground, asleep.

Tim searched the grunt and a pokeball. He released the pokemon inside. It was an Altaria. "You aren't this scum's pokemon, are you?" The humming pokemon shook his head. "Alright. I will help you return to your owner but you have to help me first, alright?" The pokemon cheerfully chirped.

Tim returned his Kirlia to her pokemon, hopped onto his new friend's back and took off for Mauville City.

"Sure, you can join our group!" Harry said with pride. "I'm guessing you're flying with Charizard so... Forward please Lapras!" He said as the mighty sea Pokemon swam across the surface of the water. As they arrived at Mauville, Harry put down some ground rules. "Alright, we're here to stop Incense, not look at or buy anything. And... I... Incense!!!" A figure came out of Mauville with something shaking in their pokeball, an I on their hat and clothes. "Well look, twerps. And, hey! Weren't you spying on us you little jerk!" The grunt said angrily. "How'd you know?!?" Harry asked. "We have our ways." She threw her self forward and grabbed Harry's pokeball for Lapras. "Return!" She said, and ran off with Lapras. "Lapras...." Harry murmured.

From above Mauville City, Tim spotted a grunt about to get into battle with some trainers. "Just in time" He thought to himself.
The Altaria safely landed. Tim returned the Altaria to his pokeball and watched the scene unfolded from afar.

Magic Sparkle

Max thought deeply as he was on lapras before arriving at mauville, "come to think of that, harry is right" max thought, "i should trust people more and not only suspect" he continued in his thinking until he relized they almost getting there.

When the lapras got stolen he was in shock, he didnt expect that what harry said is true, "i-i didnt expect this" he said quietly in shock, then snapped out from the shock.
"Emolga, use double team" he said, emolga understand what light trying to do and used double team, making an illusion copy of him.
The copy emolga created start heading the way the grunt went and follow her.
"Good job emolga, i guess you knew what i wanted you to do" max said proudly, the emolga nodded and close his eyes, he started to control the copy.
"Emolga will show us where she is" max said to harry, cassedy and ruby, "i still cant belive believe that team is real" he thought.

Last edited:
For a moment, Tim considered what to do. Usually, he didn't like working with other people but finding Incense Incorporated on his own might not be an easy feat.

"Hey!" Tim called out to the group of trainers. "You guys are going after that grunt, aren't you? Mind if I join you? My pokemon was stolen by them as well. I may not be the strongest pokemon trainer but you guys don't have to worry about me in battle."

"Harry, don't worry about your Lapras I will find those grunts who took your Lapras cause I know this town well enough to find those grunts around here," she said as she landed her Charizard on the ground.
She instantly hid her pokeballs so no one could snatch them, not even the Incorporation. She immediately told her new group of friends to follows her to one of the Incorporation hideouts that a small group of their grunts uses from time to time, "I'm going in because I want to get revenge on what they did to me," She says as she gets ready to go into the hideout

Magic Sparkle

"i prefer to follow my emolga" max said and explained, "emolga have full view on the grunt, if the grunt wont be going to the hideout we would never get the stolen pokemon back" max said and looked at emolga, who pointing on the way the grunt went.
The emolga's eyes were close and he focused on controlling the clone.

Suddenly something catched max's attention, he looked back and saw tim, max decide to answer his question.
"I dont mind you to join, you should ask the other permission as well" max said kindly, he didnt want to be a guy that only suspect others and decide to trust tim, He start to trust harry and cassedy too.