• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join In The Life of the Unusual

They had traveled the world, embedding the spark in all those capable of wielding what it brought about. The sparks, as predestined, drew the chosen together, knit their thoughts into a continuous cloth, connecting them all with careful mental stitches. The place was set; Central Park in New York City. There, in a nearby premade grave, they laid themselves to rest, their job now complete.

Dasken awoke with a start. He was in a sweating panic; his blankets were sprawled around his floor, and his mind was jumping around seemingly endlessly. He sat up almost immediately, then slouched on his bed. He rubbed his eyes, his mind suddenly calming slightly, and shook his head. He put on his glasses and got dressed, and walked downstairs. He noticed his sister had left for work already, and the only one left was his Dad; his Dad who held a ticket of some sort and a broad grin.
"You're accepted!" his dad said suddenly. Dasken blinked. Is he talking about DigiPen!? Dasken thought to himself. He blinked and shook his head again, grabbing the train ticket; his dad had even made it a ticket for a train; He remembered my fear of heights...
Dasken held back tears as he walked out the door, ready to head to his new class. He didn't realize the ticket was to New York City instead of Washington State.
He swallowed deeply, briefly thinking of what to say to the conductor before abruptly getting shoved off the train by the flow of people, which not only increased Dasken's anxiety, but made him rather perturbed. He roamed around the station until he noticed an odd pamphlet on a rack of them to his left; he grabbed one, reading about Central Park in oddly specific details. Something inside of him tugged at him to go there before trying to fiddle with his round-about ticket issue. So, instinctively following his gut, he traversed the bustling town towards Central Park.

(@Mr.Glaceon @Cloudswift @Mystic Zander @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader @Spoiled Bread @Manu456Alola)

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
"...almost..."

Theren tinkered with a tin spider he was making. It was a commission he was making for a fan of his cosplay, some spider from an anime or something. It zoomed out slowly, panning across his room. There were several trinkets on shelves, art projects and models based on sci fi shows, movies, anime, and games. He just finished painting the tin spider dark black with Japanese lettering on the back of it.

"Done! That is a nice spooder."

He tested it's limbs. One after the other all the legs and joints moved just how a mech would, or a figure. It was a perfect replica of the show. He beamed as his project was completed, putting it beside many other models of other anime and sci fi model projects.

Blake sighed, sitting on a bench in Central Park. She was waiting for a friend of hers, who had promised to go and grab coffee somewhere. It was Leo's turn to buy, something Blake was somewhat glad about; she was running low on cash. Babysitting didn't always cut it. She noticed a boy in glasses entering that looked pretty anxious, but paid him no mind. At least, she did for a few seconds, then got bored and got up. He looked lost. Maybe he was new to New York? "Hey!" she said, waving.

Dasken visibly jumped, the brochure floating out of his hand. He felt his whole body tense up. He noticed a girl sitting on a bench in front of him; he didn't quite make out what she said, so he just nodded in a hardly visible manner. He reached into his pocket and began messing around with his fidget cube; something his therapist had suggested he use.

Theren got up from his desk he had been crafting at. He stretched his legs and arms, because it had taken hours to perfect the latest art of cosplay.

"Agh! My muscles are so tense...I must be spending too much time in here..."

Then an idea crossed his mind. He needed some away time to move the joints and stretch the muscles. What more perfect place to do both then Central Park? Who knows? He could get some could ideas there too of new craft ideas. He opened the door to his apartment, and left for Central Park which was luckily only a few streets down

Last edited:
"Have you find it?" Yuna asked the boy that was crawling in the ground in front of her.

"Not yet. Looks like the frogs is asleep now." He answered without lifting his head.

"That's what I said before you appeals to mom and made her force me to accompany you here." Yuna stated. Remembering the event that made her going into the central park, it's not even a school project, just one of his personal curiousity.

"But it will be hard to look for frogs at night, right? Ah, I get an idea. Why din't big sis Yuna helpe-"

"No chance." Yuna crossed her arms to put more emphasize in her words. "I will take some walk around the park, you better be diligent and find one or two of your experimental frog before I come back. Or else... I will leave you here." She said the threat while holding back her grin. Totally kidding of course, but she could saw color drained from his face. She left her little brother to himself.

Vincent sucked air into his burning lungs, tired of running and yet not even close to his destination. Suddenly, he felt a strange tugging inside his chest, almost as if something or someone was guiding him.
"Where are you taking me now?" He thought to himself, not at all shocked by the familiar feeling of someone else's presence. For a long time now, this strange pull in the center of Vincent's chest had been guiding him around in times of need, only recently did the tugging become so strong that he couldnt ignore it. "Okay, okay! Ill go this way then!" He yelled to no one in particular, looking up to the small green street sign the read the words 'Central Park'.

--------

After a few minutes of walking in the direction he was being guided, a sudden tug to the left caused the young man to stumble into someone else, taking said stranger to the ground along with Vincent.
"Ow! Oh! Uh, im sorry, lost my footing." Vincent apologized while getting back to his feet and brushing himself off.
"Here, let me help you." He added, holding his hand out to the stranger, trying to ignore the fact that the tugging in his chest had begun to fade.
(@Shen: Ghost Gym Leader)

Theren was thrown off guard, suddenly grass had been thrown into his face, he had been knocked over. He heard someone apologizing as he flipped over.

"Ow..."

"Here, let me help you." The stranger said with an outstretched arm.

Now, Theren had always opposed physical contact with other people. He never much liked a lot of people in one place, but he figured he shouldn't be rude. He grabbed the hand of the young man and was hoisted back up on his feet.

"At least you apologized, not a lot of people in this city would do that." Theren brushed off some grass on his shoulder. "In a rush or something?"

Dasken looked back over his shoulder, a small group of people forming behind him. He felt a tug towards them, but stayed put; he wanted to resolve what was happening right now. He felt an odd feeling in his shoulders, unrelated to the link he felt with the others, now discovering he also felt with the girl that sat in front of him; he felt his shoulders want to start spasming. A sure sign of an anxiety attack.

Blake hesitated, unsure of what to do, but through some strange compulsion, she approached Dasken. "Are, uh, are you okay?" she asked, unaware that she was actually making things worse.

Dasken, noticing Blake’s approach, began to jotice odd things and hang onto them; things normal people wouldn’t usually get hooked on. He noted how he smelled, how the air smelled, the fabric of Blake’s clothing... finding anything to focus on. Nothing worked.
“Not rea-YES, yesyesyes, I am, in fact, okay.”

Theren looked behind the man that helped him up and saw someone, apparently shaking and acting erratically. He was reluctant to go over there, but his morals told him he should at least ask if everything was okay. So he walked over to him, and he noticed someone already there asking about his condition. He cleared his throat.

"Are...you sure? You look like you've just seen a ghost."

Last edited:
Dasken whipped around, body about to spring, but he tried to hold back his movements; he didn’t need everyone worrying about him. What do I mean by Everyone? He thought to himself. He shook his head. I don’t even know any of them. They don’t need to worry. They probably don’t worry about me. He tried to take a breath, but found out he couldn’t breathe easily. He simply held his breath.

Theren blinked, waiting for an answer. After a few seconds of no results, he put a hand on his hip and arched an eyebrow. he noticed and turned to Blake who was next to him and gestured toward Dasken.

"What's wrong with him?"

Blake gave a worried shrug. "I have no clue." She shouldn't have been worried for a complete stranger. She was about to say something when Leo, holding two styrofoam cups of coffee, walked in.
"Yoyoyo, what's up, Blake?" Leo said, a bit too loudly. She handed Blake a cup. "Got it exactly how ya like it."

Leo didn't notice Dasken at all. Blake was holding her breath, though she didn't know exactly why she felt so apprehensive of the situation.

Dasken had had it to the brim with his social anxiety. He began to shake lightly and uncontrollably. His foot began bouncing up and down withiut him telling it to. His body was strained to the maximum; he nearly punched the ground out of frustration and adrenaline. His mind was blank, and yet roiled continuously. Upon Leo’s arrival, his foot dug into the soft earth in the park and his leg locked; he felt himself about to fall.

"Woah woah, hey." Theren said putting his hands defensively when Dasken began to act up. "Take a chill pill there...guy."

He grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him around, slightly unsettled about his behavior. He didn't want to let go either because he though the guy would fall, so he kept shaking him

Dasken reflexively shoved Theren's hands away from him, perhaps with more force than necessary, then stumbled over his words apologizing fifty times over for possibly hurting him. He rubbed his face slowly, trying to piece himself back together. He went over to the bench and sat down, suddenly drained.

....okay....maybe this is why I don't go out much. I catch the weirdos that are the human race.

"Okay...nice catching up with you..."

Theren turned around from the odd or sick man and was eager to get back to the safe and un weird house where he could surround himself in his craft

Vincent stood with his eyebrow cocked up and his arms folded watching these events unfold, deciding to let his mind wonder rather than get involved. "All of these random close encounters, in central park of all places....very unlikely." His vision slowly trailed off towards the girl who approached Dasken for seemingly no reason. "She had literally no reason to stop. And the tug.....it disappeared when I ran into that guy, and it hasnt returned since, why?" The young man questioned himself, utterly confused about the unnatural events that had taken place around him as of late.
Vincent was quickly pulled away from his thoughts when the boy he'd ran into was about to leave. "Wait. Wait, I....you need to be here." Vincent said flatly, grabbing Theren's shoulder to get his attention. "What am I doing?"

Theren was suprised at the grab to his shoulder. He closed his eyes and sighed, tending up a bit. He never liked people touching him, especially from behind. He turned around to the man.

"What exactly do you mean by that? I don't have to be anywhere but at my house, I just met you thirty seconds ago, what could you POSSIBLY need me for?"

Finally calming down enoug to speak correctly, Dasken felt the unbearable tug towards the girl that had seemed to worry about him. He went up and tapped her on the shoulder, the tug suddenly vanishing. “I, uh...” He began, not sure how to explain his situation.

Dwayne sat in a bench by a fountain in Central Park. If he was asked, Dwayne, or Dan as he goes, would'nt have been able to say why. It was kinda a gut feeling. A small group of people caught his attention, just barely. The same gut feeling came over him, kinda pulling him to the group. Feeling kinda wierded out, and new to the city, Dan walked over. Noticing some strange interactions between two of them, "I hope I'm not interupting anything, but where exactly am I?" He asked, sure as well knowing the answer. Dan just needed his ticket inside the group, and that was it.

Yuna was walking in the park when she heard something, it's a croak. Frog? Toad? Whatever, she was sure that little brother of her won't be able to catch one. If she could capture it then they could go home early, right?

She checked her surrounding and there it is. Hiding behind a rock, she prepared a wet tissue and gave the frog a chase. The frog was unsurprisingly agile, but it was faster and it could jump higher than a regular frog should be. It escaped her grip a few times. Hopping around while retreating into a certain place. Yuna didn't stop and kept chasing it, at least until she bumped into a scary bulky guy with arms as big as cannon, wait, she never saw a real cannon before. She opened her mouth to apologize or something, but the only sound escaped her mouth was,

"Oh," a not so creative word.

Dwayne waited for a response as sounds of feet moving came from behind him. Probably some kids. He thought until a frog lept next to him. A quick snatch left the amphibious creature stuck in his mighty grip. A sound from behind him said 'oh.' The large built man turned around. "Oh what?" His tone wasn't one of anger, but of understanding. Being how the girl was aghast, it was simple for Dan to tell what was up. "Name's Dan. Yours?"

Vincent sighed as the man had a point, why should he stick around? What was Vincent expecting to happen? Was he just crazy? "No...its not a coincidence." He mumbled, looking up to the man, a confident stare on his face. "Look around us? What made you decide to randomly stroll out to central park this late in the evening? Just a random idea? Why did you feel the need to stop and ask that man if he was okay? What made him stick out from the crowd? Why did that girl literally turn on her heal and approach him? She was walking past us, I saw it..." he paused, not sure how to explain this next part. "...and I know im gonna sound crazy, but I dont really know what im doing here, I just felt force guiding me here....if that makes any sense." He explained. After slowly realizing how crazy he sounded, Vincent could only assume the man would walk away, claiming him to also be crazy, but maybe....just maybe...he'd listen. "I know its hard to believe...I just think you should stick around, if you think im just being crazy, i cant really make you stay." Not even he was sure where he was going with this.

Last edited:
Not handing the frog back immediately, "A frog. Bull frog to be exact." Dan said, turning it around slowly. The large man held it out and down by it's back leg on his palm. "What is a lady like you doing with a frog anyway?" He asked out of curiosity.

Now that someone asked that. She found the cause of this event strange.

"Well, my little brother insist to capture a frog for his personal 'experiment', then my mother insist for me to accompany him here and help him to catch a frog. Even though I'm supposed to binge watch some movies today." She shruged. "Funny because my brother is normally too shy to hang out with his sister. Today is so out of character of him."

"Soo... the frog, please? And may I know what you do here?" She held her hand with the wet tissue forward. She planned to make the tissue as some kind of sack.

Ryuji was drawing in the middle of an isolated field in central park. He was trying to capture the beautiful scenery... but his artistic juices weren't flowing. "UGH!" He screamed as he ripped out another piece of paper out of his art book. He sighed and layed down in the mountain of papers around him. "I wish I could just BURN this art book so I won't be tempted to create bad drawings." He began to throw the papers in the air.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel walked around the streets of New York City, trying to get to Central Park. He had arrived to New York a few hours ago, and being a complete stranger to the city, he could as well visit a few places of interest. After minutes of walking around completely lost, he somehow managed to get there, just by... following his gut? You could say he had a feeling.

Manuel sat near a lamppost, tablet in hand. There seemed to be many people in there, so maybe the place was pretty popular or something. He still had that feeling he had earlier, for a reason unknown to him. He wanted to go and say hi to someone, but it would pretty much be texting hi rather than saying hi. Silent, he looked at a group of people that he felt like he had met them before, but couldn't make out anything else.

Dan tossed the frog over to the girl. In response to the question the girl gave, "No idea. Most things I do I don't know why. Honestly, if tomorrow I have superpowers, I wouldn't be surprised." He lifted up both pointer fingers up. "Now a serious question, where are we at?"

While Ryuji was laying down, he saw a strange looking rabbit cross across the field. "Holy sh-" he was cut off by the rabbit suddenly running away. "Wait! Come back!" He said as he got up and chased it. He chased it through the deep forest area until he tripped, rolled down a hill, and rolled straight into Dan, knocking Dan over and giving Ryuji a serious headache. Ryuji just laid there, he was knocked out cold, and he had lost chase of that peculiar looking rabbit. Maybe he'll see it again? Who knows.

Theren blinked several times. Is this guy for real? The man strongly believed in this idea, for whatever reason. Maybe out of religion or some hokie magic. Theren out a hand to his face and sighed.

"This was supposed to just be a walk...." He complained. "And I asked because he was acting weird...i dunno. I thought I was being kind, all things considered. Then he whacked out."

As the person hit Dan, he shifted his body so he wouldn't fall like the other one did. Pointing down at him, "Anyone know if he's alright?" He asked in concern of the other's health. "I mean, he looks like he's dead."

Yuna crouched beside the fallen boy and poked him with a twig.

"I think he is okay. Hey, can you hear me? Gyaa!!" The scream was unintended as the frog suddenly broke free of its tissue sack and land on the boy's face. Yuna quickly grabbed the frog, at least that was her intention, but the frog perform another weird capability by doing a backward jump, dodging Yuna's hand completely and making her hit the boy in the face.

"Oh," Another undesired response escaped her mouth.

"I mean, pardon me."

Dan cracked a small grin. "So, to check if he's ok, you poke him with a stick. Then throw your frog onto him. Finally you slap him. Man, people up here are crazy." Dan placed his hand on his chin, cracking his neck quite loudly. "Most people try shaking them."

Vincent sighed loudly, "I sound like some random crazy guy on the streets of New York, I hope im not crazy...." He thought, a stress wave of heat washing over his body. "I know the tug I felt was real, but why toss me on this guy?" He questioned, his body temperature shooting up higher than most, something that seemed to happen when he was in a stressful situation. "Look, im not here to cause you any problems, im just saying, dont you ever get one of those gut feelings your supposed to be somewhere and meet someone at a certain time? Well ive got that feeling." He explained, hoping his irrational request would make more sense. "My names Vincent., by the way." He added, glancing over to the nervous boy who seemed to be damn near destroying a fidget cube as he fumbled it around in his hand. "So...whats that guys problem?" He questioned, "You think he's just shy? Wouldnt exactly be wise for a shy, nervous person to be walking through the streets of New York, lots of people." He questioned, hoping that by making conversation the man would be willing to stick around.

Theren looked over the shoulder of Vincent and at the nervous hit seemibg to internally freak out. He blinked several times before turning back to Vincent.

"Either a fool or victim of cucumstance, either way it's not any of our concern." He shrugged. "You do seem to be acting a hit off too...your not messed up in the head or something else weird eh?"

(OOC: F U C K I DIDN'T POST)

Blake gave an awkward smile at the guy, not really knowing what to say. Introduce yourself, stupid! she yelled at herself mentally. "I'm, uh, Blake," she said after a moment of awkward silence, then took a quick sip of coffee and averted her gaze. Fuckfuckfuckfuck...she thought. Awkward... Surprisingly, Leo didn't say something.