• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Image posting troubles?

Hello everyone,

Noticed something odd while posting some sprites in my thread. It looks like I am posting broken image links but when I am in the edit mode it looks fine (see screenshot). Tried it on three different hosting sites/links and refreshed a bunch, no go.

NOTE: I also tested in IE, same issue.

Attachments

• charmsissue.jpg
    charmsissue.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 67

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm...
Your third signature banner (the Teapot Fan image) was displaying as being broken until I tinkered with it just now. Not entirely certain if I did anything special to it beyond recopying the source URL but maybe the issue actually is the links you're using? Unsure.

Was this issue ever resolved for you, @Jeydis?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
This seems to have been a recurring thing for a while, actually - whatever this bug is, it rears its ugly head on occasion. My signature is doing something similar even though I'm sure that it's still present where it is - I suspect the problem isn't with the image itself but with the way 'charms caches it (or at the very least with the proxy script that images are loaded through for some gog-forsaken reason).

A bit grave'diggy so I apologize but it seems to be getting worse? I am now getting odd preview images in place of links and they do odd things to transparency.