• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Image in Forums

For some reason, I try posting a picture using the Image Button on the Forums. After I'm done, the Image dosent display. I can't access it as a link either. I'm hoping that this is a bug, and can be fixed.

Ok, so I used the Image button, then put the link in. Like this
imgres
then when I finished my post, I couldn't see the image, or use the Image as a link. It only showed the image picture with a cross on it.
imgres

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, the problem here is not the image tags you use, it's the image URLs you use.
That is not the image URL. that's the thumbnail code from google image search - which is... not a bloody image.

What you want to do is, once you're on this screen:

ScreenFail.png

click the 'View Image' button, then once it loads, right click it and select the "Copy Image Location" option. Now you can use that in the URL tag, like so:

dda43bf31a3e21896a423f19fbebdf70.jpg

This is not our bug. This is your bug. Or dog, rather.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Word of advice? Use words to describe your characters. WORDS. Not pictures. That's a cheap copout and is helping no one, except to annoy me when I have to deal with a million character profiles cheaping out on descriptions by using art that is NOT made by them without permission or source. Slightly less relevant in case of photo reference of cute puppies, but it's more of a general thing here.