• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

I'm going to the Pokemon Center!

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
OK, so I'm going to Baltimore on 20th January, and it just so happens that there's a bus from Baltimore to New York that costs the grand total of US $20. So guess where I'm going? :D

Anyone want anything? :D

I'll try to pick up some more cheap stickers & whatever to send people as ickle gifties, but if anyone wants anything specific, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Oh yeah, if you wonder where I've been for the past couple'o weeks, The Minish Cap is sucking my life. So if you want me, I'm probably shouting at my Game Boy :roll:.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Wow. You're so damn lucky! I'll make it there someday. Someday... :cry:

If you can find any unique stuff I'd gladly pay you for it in return (ie. calenders). Raichu or Charizard figures and stuff would be my first choices, but anything Pokemon is better than nothing. The only Pokemon things I can get around here are trading cards, the games, and a few Hoenn figures...

Hope you have fun (like you couldn't) :D

I've been meaning to stop by there sometime only about a 5 hour drive from here 7 if it's a congested travel schedule. Baltimore really isn't a nice city though. (sorry I've been around there enough to know practically almsot lived there when my dad was in the hospital there). Really not a good american city to see. New York isn't either. About the only American city I've been to that I say was pretty was anapolis. Baltimor has to many torn up streets. So wish you luck with your trip to B-more just stay off some of the worn and torn streets at night. I remember the one part of Lexington near the hospital was in great shape the other side across amrtin luther king blvd looked like a bomb hit it. Really make sure you keep the widnwos in your vehicle up and doors locked when driving.

Thats your survival guide for Baltimore. (Baltimore for me is around a 2 hour drive but I mostly spend my time traveling to Pittsburgh when I go to a big city around here. I travel alot to concerts :-P

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Can't you find all the movies at Wal Mart/Future Shop anyways? I'm sure those tyrants have made it over to your area by now :twisted:

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I'll pass on asking for stuff. I got loads from the Pokemon Centre for Christmas, including a figurine set with Chickorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Psyduck, Meowth, Pikachu, Pichu, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle, I got a cool calender, I got Fire Red...

The list just goes on and on.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Trainer_Yoshimitsu said:
I'll pass on asking for stuff. I got loads from the Pokemon Centre for Christmas, including a figurine set with Chickorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Psyduck, Meowth, Pikachu, Pichu, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle, I got a cool calender, I got Fire Red...

The list just goes on and on.

I

WANT

CHIKORITA

NOW!

:cry:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Look what you've done, Yoshi! :evil:
*Watches Gary sobbing in the corner*
Bah... Now I'll never get my new banner *poke* :cry:

If only I had a credit card... All the calenders, Pokemon Box, and other funky stuff would be mine! :twisted:
But wait! I did just got $100 in Christmas money from someone... Still needed to be cased, too. Mommy has a credit card. Mwahaha! *Cackles off to watch cartoons*

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Gary, I'll gladly send it to you when I have the time, effort and resources to send it. At the moment, I have none of them.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I would like some UK region 2 DVDs of all the movies 5 onwards, please! I desperately need to watch them! Everyone else seems to know so much about them, and I can't be bothered to read reviews and stuff. So please! Movies! Now!

And I've been there before. But it wasn't to special. I did get some cool cards, and the catch 'em thingummies.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
There are NO Region 2 UK DVDs of Movies 5, 6 and 7... 7's not even out in America till february.

You also wouldn't be able to buy them in America.

You'll just have to make do with waiting for any sign of any release at all. :p

baratron

Staff member
Why do you need Region 2 DVDs? I thought every DVD player on the planet did multiregion now. Even Sony ones - and Sony are one of the members of the MPAA that set up the region system in the first place! Usually unlocking multiregion support is just a case of entering an access code. Mind you, if your TV only does PAL and can't support NTSC, that's more of an issue...

Have noted the requests for Chikorita, Bayleef, Raichu and Charizard stuff. If anyone wants anything else, you'd better let me know before Thursday 20th, because that's the day I fly out to the US, and I can't guarantee to have any kind of net access at all out there. I'm not even sure where I'm staying for most of the trip (have bought a cheap lightweight sleeping bag & pillow in case I end up in dodgy hostels!).

I don't you know you well..or infact at all XD so I won't request anything but I will wish you good times on your travels :p sounds like it's gonna be a blast. I said I wouldn't request anything but if you took some pictures to show us that would be cool :D .

baratron

Staff member
S'alright, the others don't really know me that well either :D. Yeah - I'm planning to buy a new digital camera either in Duty Free or when I get to the US (my old digital camera was stolen on my last trip to the US!), so I'll try to take some pictures. Of course, they might have a "No photos" policy - but if they do I'll just try my best British accent ;).

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
[quote name='"baratron"]S'alright' date=' the others don't really know me that well either :D. Yeah - I'm planning to buy a new digital camera either in Duty Free or when I get to the US (my old digital camera was stolen on my last trip to the US!), so I'll try to take some pictures. Of course, they might have a "No photos" policy - but if they do I'll just try my best British accent ;).[/quote']

Well, i have to say, i've not really seen any pictures of Pokemon Centres other than official pics... now that I think of it...

And i get executive priveledge when it comes to requesting stuff. ^^ I afterall have to spend a fair chunk of my own money to give you this place to post on. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If you talk like that she's going to think you're greedy :p

Pictures would be awesome to see, though. I've seen a few off the official Pokemon website but not that many. I want to get a true sense of what I'm missing out on :wink:

Sorry, Bara, they have a no photo policy. I remember going to PC one time in NY with a camera, and they said no photos. But that was a while ago.....maybe they changed that rule. Doubt it, though. If you can't, then take pictures outside. When I get my pictures developed, I'll show you guys the piccy of me in a kimono next to Groudon/Charizard. ^^

Ah, right, free stuffs. :p Anything Water-Pokemon will suit my fancy.....or even more specific, Lugia/Suicune/Articuno stuffs. But anything Water suits me just fine. I'm a Water Pokemon fanatic.

baratron

Staff member
Correction: Some of us guys can get stuff from pokemoncenter.com. If you read the small print, they will only deliver to the continental US or Canada. Which is just ridiculous - I know Nintendo (and the other games companies) are obsessed with stupid regioning of games and their perceived loss of royalties if people get games from outside their region, but I don't see how it would infringe anyone's copyright if I, in the UK, have a cuddly Pikachu sent to me from the US. I don't know why they can't put the restriction only on the sale of the games themselves.

So instead I buy my cuddly Pikachus from eBay, and will stock up excessively when I happen to be passing through New York. Huh.

*cough*GotPokémonBoxthreedaysafterordering*cough*

Cool news. I'm starting my Pokémon movie collection, after all. I overpayed my Minish Cap preorder at ebGames by $13, so the manager stuck that money on another random preorder (Killer 7) that I can take off and use whenever I want.

I should've done this right away, but on their used DVD shelf, I saw both The First Movie and The Movie 3...each for only $9.99! I'm going back to get them (partly with my preorder money) and to pick up any others they might have.

That's a whole lot better than a new copy of 4Ever from Video Headquarters...for $29.95... -_-;

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"Leaf Blade Treecko said:
Ya know you guys could just order pokemon center stuff off of Pokemon center.com. And if you pay extra you could get it shipped there in two dAYS!! Thats how I got Pokemon box"]

Just adding onto what Baratron already said... Even if you live in the shipping area you need a credit card to buy stuff, and many, many people either don't have one or don't have access to one. Not all parents are willing to give their card #s out over the net :wink:

They can call the place up instead. It nearly killed me to find the phone number to the place but I found it. :shock: It is at the bottom of the policey privacy page. Take the number that is not Pokemon-4-ever or something like that take the other phone number next to it. 8)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Here's hoping you've already gone or are going soon:

http://www.pokemon.com/events/index.asp?articleID=592

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, Pokemon Center NY will rise from its own dust in order to rebuild itself as a better, stronger store — that's right, our flagship store is closing for a few weeks as we remodel, rework, and reconfigure the space at 10 Rockefeller Center in New York City.

What that means for you is that during the reconstruction you'll be able to purchase lots of exclusive items directly from PokemonCenter.com as we restock our e-commerce website with all of the great products from the store.

We will re-open the Pokemon Center NY in Spring of 2005, and even more exciting, we'll have other exclusive Nintendo products showcased there as well.

Look for us again in the spring, where we will rise — glorious and victorious — in the core of the Big Apple!

It'd be sucky to end up down there just to find it closed :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Man. I was down in NYC like last month or so (right before Christmas) and a lot of the employees were talking about this.

Most everybody is getting laid off and the whole "Pokemon Center NY" is changing. Now it's going to not just be devoted to the series we all love, but just a regular "Nintendo of America" store featuring all different kinds of Nintendo products. It would so suck if this awesome store of Pokemon got changed and then when they finish rebuilding, the only thing left of Pokemon is like a corner shelf. :(

It really sucks to me.

Oh and there are tons of stores down here that sell Pokemon figures. I bought a couple. I'm mostly interested in the DVDs. I have every DVD out so far and I'm waiting for MQ Box Set 2, Movie 7, and Pokemon Advanced Vol. 7&8. Then I'll have every episdoe up till whatever the last ep is on volume 8.

Oh. And I'm sure that Wal-Mart down here has 4Ever and Heroes down here really cheap ($12.99 US). I could try to pick some up and ship them to whoever might need them.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
O___O

That'd be horrible! They'd be destroying the one and only Pokemon Center outside of Japan dammit! :evil:

I seriously hope that's not the case. We need more Pokemon Center's, not half of one! :?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
They'd be destroying the only Pokemon Center outside of Japan yes - but it'd still have A LOT of exclusive Pokemon and now Nintendo collectables and stuffs that no-one else in the world can get.

I'd chop my arm off to get there whether it was called the Pokemon Center or not. Maybe if it were a Nintendo shop in general (The first EVAR), they might just open up some of those here... It'd certainly have a wider appeal than Pokemon alone.

...I WANTS!

The store alone was doing great just being a Pokemon store alone. I think they would have been more successful if they had more than one around the US and maybe even world wide.

However, a lot of my friends tha live down there get to see the construction and they said it looks like it's going to be 1/4 Pokemon and the other 3/4 is going to be misc. Nintendo (Kirby, Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Zelda, etc.). I guess there is a sign or something posted outsite the construction. I think it sucks. :(

Not to be the bearer or bad news, but I just came back from Wal-Mart and they got a new Pokemon Plushie stand with all the starters including Chikorita, Mudkip, Totodile, Bulbasaur, Treeko, and Charmander. They also had the new Pokedex that Ash uses in AG. It has some games and information on all the critters. I also happened to glance on some Pokeball keychains with Pokemon inside. Including Jirachi, Seviper (^_^!), Cacnea, Totodile, Mew, and Squirtle.

NOOO! I cant handle it changing!! Well anyways........I went and got some cool figures at target. Sceptile/Grovyle/treecko pack. And they sell now Blaziken and Tailow! The new action figures are pretty cool!

I like the figurines. I have upwards of thirty of the older ones, most from Taiwan and Japan...good thing I went to the PC last--was it last year already??

Sometime near Christmas, anyway. I got a Ex-Battle Stadium thing, and my sister got this huge Chikorita plush. It's so......firm.....for a plush...

I don't know what to expect from the remodel, though it will be interesting to go to the place again sometime. I live near Boston, so it's a convinient place to go for long weekends because of the (realatively) easy commute.

In a smarmy ha-ha sort of way I feel okay about the pokemon centre being less pokemon, I live in a small town in a small country so I don't ever get to see real merchandise unless it's across the net, Then I go to Auckland (biggest city, pop 1mil) and guess what I can find? thats right nothing bar a few Aqua/Magma boosters. My country is devoid people! :cry: