• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
K, so, Uni work = DONE. :D

If you wish, you can examine the fruits of my labour:

http://www.pokecharms.com/random/chair.html

Assignment to come up with an animation to create and explain a fantasy office chair.

http://newmedia.leeds.ac.uk/ug08/cs08aw/assignment/

Assignment to come up with a redesign of a shit site - this is the one I chose to give a facelift: http://www.sheffieldbouncycastlehire.com/

I also has a camera and editing project, but I don't have access to that. Might see if I can get that online too though...

So, who else is wrapping up with uni/college school work etc?

Now I just have to do a few months of site work >>.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... It all depends for me. My boss offered me work hours into late June, but she's yet to present me with the contract. I just hope she doesn't decide to go back on the decision. I could use the cash... XD

Soon, though. Soon I'll be free for the summer to mindlessly game the hours away ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Not really got to much to add to this topic discussion wise, since I finished Uni last year, but felt the need to comment on your work, Alex :p

Awesome Chair animation, it was very smooth throughout. The Bouncy Castle website looks 100% better too. It was awful before, you've made it look much more professional and trustworthy. Awesomeness ^^

A lot of my friends are just about finishing Uni, it's nice to get them back XD

Awesome job Alex ^^

I finished up my Sophomore (that's 2nd) year of college! Thankfully I passed everything so that makes me a Junior (3rd year undergrad) ^^ But starting June 8th I'll be busy again being a research assistant, so that'll be a good experience that I'm looking forward to.

But yeah, for the rest of this month, I'm free as well. My fall semester begins in late August.

Starting Study leave tomorrow for my GCSEs, which end in mid June.

Doing great so far, done a Spanish Speaking/Listening and a Religious Studies philosophy paper that I stormed through... and I've already got most of my coursework in as A/A* in History and English Lit, plus an A in English Language already, and 100% in my ICT level 3 course.

Wow. Looking good hopefully :p

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Like LoN, my last day of school is tomorrow. It's bittersweet, though, as the closer I get to leaving full-time school, the closer my exams get. Which is bad, as I am not ready.

Annoyingly, my first exam is on Monday.

I finished up my third year of college last week. But I'm not quite done - I have a summer course that starts next week. I'm not too torn up about it, though, as I'm taking it of my own free will. :p It's a course on teaching curriculum involving gaming, which sounds really cool.

(Also, I like the chair, Doc.)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Tomorrow is my last class day, followed by exam week next week like most of you. I'll then have only one semester left before I get my AA degree, providing of course that they don't drop Calc 2 again.

Can I just say, I hate you all who have been in, or are going to, University.

Sadly, I don't have anything to wrap up at the moment. Many people are jobless at the moment (granted, we're not as bad as Spain) so my slim chances at getting the 'cushy office' job have become far slimmer. So yes, I'm trying to get more hours in the shop I work at, but really, who wants to work in place where calling it a 'tip' is an insult to the nice men who work at the tip?

I think you can guess from the fact that I work in retail why I hate you all. Well, not hate, more like envy. Very strong envy.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I think you can guess from the fact that I work in retail why I hate you all. Well, not hate, more like envy. Very strong envy.

Oh, be honest now. You hate us all and want us do die :)

Technically, I could and probably should look for work over the summer, but I may try for a certificate to better my chances at the field I'm working in now instead. I'd love having a similar job next fall with increased hours. Not sure I'd want to teach students in a class setting, though - the computer lab works just fine for me. But, I'll see. I'm mostly just living one day at a time, so whatever happens I'll deal with XD

Haha... I go to the same school as Database. I'm now in a 10-week holiday before 6th form. And everyone else at my busstop is still at school. Oh, smugness feels so good...