• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

If You Were a JRPG Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
So we were talking in chat earlier about what roles we'd play in your conventional JRPGs: tank, mage, assassin, warrior, general badass, etcetera. I thought that this would be a fun topic to throw out to the forum at large.

For example:
[tt]< Tangrelle> I think if I was in an RPG or something, I'd be a mage with bleh magic stats but all my spells would entirely ignore defenses ♥[/tt]

I'd be a support character. Although I'd not do much damage, I'd hand out buffs to the rest of the party that would help them attack faster and deal more damage. I'd be about average, as far as health goes, and I'd learn some powerful debuffs at higher levels, to nuke enemies.

To more elaborate on this, I'd be a mage with seven spells, one each color of the rainbow ♥ They would all be single target and completely ignore defenses, yet deal low damage. The difference is that each spell donates a different positive status condition to nearby party members, making position in a team very important. These spells are pretty much all I'd have for many levels, although I'd learn a final one that would be like a death bomb. It would essentially flump all the spells into one with one big vomit of damage.

ahfghsgfh oh my god you actually made it lolololol

So I'd definitely be some kind of tank or ridiculous assassin.
[tt][17] Belle Guys I think we are in agreement
[17] Belle regardless of the specifics
[17] Belle I'd be a badass ♥
[17] Teapot Belle: you'd be a---
[17] Teapot yeah.
[17] Teapot that.
[17] Sem That'd be the title of her class
[17] Sem "Badass"[/tt]

No Battle Mage-ing for me though, it'd have to be one or the other in order to achieve full ridiculosity.
Going down the magic route, it'd get insane with some Celestial Brush-esque nonsense with the elements and other metaphysical hoo-hah (see: Okami which is a brilliant game and you should all play it)
Strictly weaponized it'd get very Prince of Persia/Assassin's Creed gameplay-esque with the agility and face-breaking and stabs.
Trying to meet halfway between the two will get you some bioshock-esque gameplay with the plasmids and the less-elegant weaponry ♥

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I dunno, I see myself as either a support character who hands out buffs via music magic or a magic caster who specializes in ice/water stuffs. My main forte prolly wouldn't be in defenses or even attacking strength, but rather dexterity and speed and the like. My main weapon would probably be some sort of easy to carry musical instrument, like a flute or violin or whatever.

I don't see myself as a protagonist, though. I'm not that self-centric. :p

Tangrelle Toru would be that one tank
Tangrelle With a poopload of health
Tangrelle And doesn't need defense
Tangrelle Because of his pooploads of health

I think I can agree with that - hell, I suggested the idea before Tan even said that!

So yeah, I'd be the battletank of the group, but with shittons of HP to compliment high power attack skills and some average spells - mainly there to remove the general aggro. I also think I could function a lot like Cecil in FF4 as a tank lead of sorts - tons of HP again, and the function to guard other characters by manually choosing them or autoing when they're in danger >=O

Interesting question xD

I would probably be a support character/mage, even though I only have one kinetic ability. Handing out buffs sounds about right, and dishing out a couple of jolts in the meantime seems pretty practical as well. I'd be the worst tank ever xD

I.... don't know :x

I guess I'd go along the lines of BattleMage simply because that class has always intrigued me (and I'd be able to use my sword and my fire/lightning :V) So I wouldn't have excessively impressive stats in defense or anything, but my magic and attack stats would be well rounded. Not overly impressive alone, but when used in combination with each other, it would work out beautifully. Plus, Toru would be taking all the hits anyway :'D

Not to mention that obviously Belle would make up for my being a mixture of both by being beast at one of them.

Obviously, when all put together though, we would just rain down destruction on whoever gets in our way ♥

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Going by the Linkachu persona, I'd be a Paladin-like class with both support and offensive magic abilities. I'd be more physically powered than magically, but I could pull out decent magic healing/attacks when necessary.

Going by my own tendencies, I'd probably be a Battle Mage (ttly ripping off Chad there) with fairly equal magic/physical attack power or a Hunter/Monster Handler/etc. with a decent physical attack/speed stat but lower defenses. Since getting into World of Warcraft I've found that the Hunter class definitely suits me best and I enjoy it the most. Tis why I instantly fell in love with Pokemon after all. |D

But this all sounds a lot less like JRPGs and more like RPG classes in general. Shouldn't JRPGs character have extra quirks? Where's the Angsty-Emo class, Mysterious Level 99 Godmoder, or Useless Healer? ;D I'd also toss in the Big Angry Gruff Guy, Mary-Sue Bishie, and Annoying Kid classes, but lets not forget the Random Alien/Cyborg/Furry class or Orphan with Amnesia. Ahh, the list goes on~

Oh! The Alignment Confused class (aka. "I can't decide if I'm good or evil!"). Can't forget that one. FF 4's Kain did it best.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM This is a tough question.

For some time, I've fancied myself as a Samurai with a longsword (not Sephiroth long, but probably around my own height) But besides having the standard physical attacks, I would also have Time Magicks, that allow me to pull off those cinematic attacks where you slice through an object, only for it to fall apart moments later. I would probably have average stats, except for a monster attack stat, and would rely on Time Magick buffs to raise my speed to game-breaking heights.

I also imagined my limit break as me stopping my opponents entirely using Magick, and then proceeding to assault them with as many attacks as I can before the clock winds back to normal.

I shall call this class 'Chronoswordsman' =3

But lately, I think I'd be more fitting of a Summoner role. I have a thing for adorable critters. (though most of the time, what I call adorable is fairly questionable) so I could totally see myself summoning them to aid me with the powerful bond of friendship...or something.

Either that, or I would be a joke character who summons props and objects from other games, anime and the like and use them humorously to attack my opponent.

I'd most likely be a fire-based warrior, with limited magic, although most of my magic spells either buff up my attack or be a fire-based physical attack. And there'd definitely be some beserker element in the class somewhere.

Either that or a summoner, or a fire-mage.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Linkachu said:
Going by the Linkachu persona, I'd be a Paladin-like But this all sounds a lot less like JRPGs and more like RPG classes in general. Shouldn't JRPGs character have extra quirks? Where's the Angsty-Emo class, Mysterious Level 99 Godmoder, or Useless Healer? ;D I'd also toss in the Big Angry Gruff Guy, Mary-Sue Bishie, and Annoying Kid classes, but lets not forget the Random Alien/Cyborg/Furry class or Orphan with Amnesia. Ahh, the list goes on~

Oh! The Alignment Confused class (aka. "I can't decide if I'm good or evil!"). Can't forget that one. FF 4's Kain did it best.

Then I shall me the Magic Musician, if there even is such a class like that |D *is shot*

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'd be the hammy main villain from the Void with over 9000 forms that must all be defeated in sequence by the player characters, and losing against just one of them means you have to beat them all over again starting from the beginning.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Linkachu said:
I still think mysterious orphan with amnesia is the best class.

That's totally me.

In seriousness though, I'm not sure what I'd be. If anything, I think I'd be closest to the FF class of Dancer. While Staff Chick is a tempting choice, it doesn't really show any of my desire for a bit of action. The Dancer class is a nice balance between the two, especially the FFX-2 version (buffs AND debuffs? I'll take it!) and also enforces my flamboyant nature. If anyone has any alternatives to this, feel free to throw them at me!

Status
Not open for further replies.