• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

If you were a Gym Leader.....

Blazi said:
Place: In a castle
What's in the gym: Ghost statues, invisible walls, illusions, ghost trainers, chandeliers that make you fight a ghost pokemon that fall on you, and pit traps. If you manage to get to the end, you fight the gym leader, Veran.
Gym leader and team: Ghost Summoner Veran
Gengar (level 50)
Dusknoir (level 45)
Banette (Level 51)
Rotom (Level 52)
Gorug (Level 52)
Shanderaa (Level 53)
Prize: The Night Badge: allows you to see everythings true form (i.e. Lavender tower ghosts and invisible/illusionary walls), the ability to see even in the darkest of caves (Don't need flash) and TM30 Shadow Ball
Wow. Thats just awsome.

Place: Inside an airship
What's in the gym: First of all you have to take an aeroplane/airplane (take your choice from British or American English), and if you want to enter it, you will have your first battle against the pilot with Staraptor Level 45.
After you have won the battle, the pilot will take you to the airship. Inside it you will have to walk over a labyrinth of narrow bars with trainers waiting on the wrong ways. If you walk a way outside these bars, you will fall down one stage and have to start a new try. There also are windy points where you can fall down if you are not careful enough.
Gym Leader: Cloud Master Guiren
~Altaria Lv 46
~Staraptor Lv 47
~Drifblim Lv 48
~Togekiss Lv 49
~Salamence Lv 50
Prize: Cloud Badge (allows you to use Fly out of battle), TM for Brave Bird

Place: Inside a pitch-black skyscraper, like the ones from Black City.

What's in the gym: When one enters then main door, it will go inside a very dark room, so dark you can see nothing. There, you will need to use Flash, to light up the room. Once lighten up, one will see the room is a perfect replica from the first Gym, only without colors (to let it clear, this would be the 8th Gym). There would be trainers on the same formation as the trainers from the first Gym, but they would be different trainers with different pokémon. There would be no trainer in the place of the Gym leader, and once one got in the place the Gym Leader should be, a elevator would appear behind it, leading to the second floor. This would keep up, each floor a needing Flash and being a replica from a previous Gym, in order. The 8th and final floor however, would be a empty room, having only the Gym leader there. No more tricks! This is the final battle! The serious battle! Gym Battle agains't the Dark-type Gym Leader!

Gym leader: Gym Leader Neo Von Sireet

Team:
-Zoroark (since Barujiina is the second pokémon on my party he would transform into her) Lv. 62
-Barujiina Lv. 62 (Hidden Power Ground-type, Power 70)
-Lepardas Lv. 57 (Hidden Power Psychic-type, Power 70)
-Zuruzukin Lv. 59 (Hidden Power Electric-type, Power 70)
-Waruviaru Lv. 62 (Hidden Power Fire-type, Power 70)
-Sazandora Lv. 67 (Hidden Power Dragon-type, Power 70)

Prize: Tower Badge and TM for Hidden Power.

Quotes:

Before Battle: "Hey, look at what the shadows brought! So you're my next challenger huh? Well, ya see, I wasn't expecting for that. This Gym have so many trainers inside nobody ever comes to the end. I just came here because I was thiking into customize this room. I like the dark grey, but this room's a lot more than plain simple! So I bet you're tired of all those battles and mazes don't you? Well, it ended! No more tricks! This is the final battle! Literally, since you'll be too scared to ever battle again after what I'll show to you! I mean, if you survive..."

After the player takes any one of his Pokémon down to half HP: "C'mon... That's all you got? I'm so disappointed."

After sending out last Pokémon: "Haha... the only thing Sazandora know is how to destroy things... You won't survive!"

During battle: "Hmmm... You're better than I though. As your prize, I'll end your suffering quickly! Haha!"

When defeated: "Hahahahahaha! What a funny battle! It seens you broken my winning streak! Ha!"

After being defeated: "Well, you're quite something... for a half-pinch! Ha! Well, one loss doesn't mean I'm not the strongest Gym Leader. I mean unless you become a Gym Leader. Anyway, take this two gifts. Those are the prize for defeating a entire Skyscraper of trainers, as well as one of the strongest trainers in the word: the Tower Badge and the Technical Machine of the move Hidden Power. It changes it's type and power from Pokémon to Pokémon. Pretty tricky move, huh? More than you think! You don't choose it's type nor power! My pokémon were carefully selected for using it. Ah! One more thing! Don't you think this building is a lot bigger outside than inside? Well, you're wrong again! It have 80 floors. If you want, go challenge me on the final floor. But you'll face lot's of traners per floor. But don't worry! You only need to beat them one time each."

Maybe I'll put more quotes of him soon. Like the ones for the final battle.

Place: Itd b in a small town with the center, gym nd 1 big house wit many rooms
The gym wud look like a black cube from the outside, in the inside theres mirrors nd invisible walls nd walkthrough walls vrywhere with trainers hidden. Theres also hidden stairs leading up nd down. The trainers have quick, frail mons of varying types. Once the leaders chamber is reached three trainers appear from the darkness nd let the player decide triple or rotation battle. After the battle (if the player wins) the three trainers will bring the player onto the leader platform thing and vanish. Then the leader appears in all directions from the trainer and says "U hav handled the illusions so far, but can u handle this 1?" The leader had a black jacket over a white shirt and dark jeans. Holding a rhombus shaped disc in one hand and a pokeball in the other. He has medium lengthed brown hair and a black band over his eyes.
His Team:
Zoroark Night Burst, Double Team, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot lvl 45
Muk Gunk Shot, Double Team, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch lvl45
Shuckle Double Team, Power Trick, Stone Edge, Earthquake lvl45
Ninjask Double Team, X-Scissor, Baton Pass, Dig lvl45
Typhlosion Double Team, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Shadow Claw lvl48
Shiny Magikarp Splash, Tackle, Flail Double Team lvl50 (i no Magikarp cant no double team this ldrs a hacker :O)
All his mons have bright powerder (heehee)
After damage- "The illusion has not been completed.. just wait!"
Last Pokemon- "My illusions will prevail!"
After Battle- "Gah! My Illusions! Reduced to dust!"
After battle overworld- "................................................ ... Haha! Iv nvr met ny1 other than myself who can read illusions so well! In fact, u may even see through them btr than me! U deserve this badge! Well to further your quest i present u with this TM! Double Team allows u 2 create illusions urself 2 throw off ur opponent! Farwell!" now there is only 1 of him after the battle nd he starts spinning and vanishes. Then u do the same and ur outside the gym. Badge is illusion badge (took me while to come up with it ;)) nd its a ghost thingy looking like its using double team.

If I were a gym leader..

well, I might have a greenhouse-like gym with trees and vines surrounding those trees as I visualized it..and my battle place will be a grass field.. before the trainer reached me,he/she should answer some of questions regarding pokemon, since I'm the gym leader, I'm putting some twist in my way of "entertaining" the trainers who'll challenge me..and if they answer it right,the vines will slowly be removed, until all is said and done,he shall face me..Barry,the Verdant lover of nature!! you can describe me by visualizing me with a necktie while wearing a green blazer in it..

My team of pokemon who'd the trainers will battle will be:
Victreebel:(male,level 25)
Leafeon:(Male,Level 27)
Carnivine:(Male,Level 29)
Roserade:(Female,Level 31)

and after they defeat me,I'll give them 25000 money and the Verdant Badge and the TM 09(Bullet Seed)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this idea.

Place: Laboratory

Puzzle: There will be five rooms (not counting the gym leader's room). Each room has a seperate puzzle.
Room 1: The first room is fairly easy. It's simply a quiz game. Five trainers will ask you five questions. If you get a question right, you move on to the next question (or the next room, if you're on the last question). If you get the question wrong, you have to battle the trainer before moving on.
Room 2: The second room is a giant lab rat maze. You have to make your way around the complex maze, battling trainers until you get the two passwords that will unlock the next door. There will also be various switches within the maze that open and close various walls.
Room 3: In this room, you'll have to create a certain melody by activating various bells. How will you find out the melody? By battling trainers, of course!
Room 4: A memory game! In this room, you'll see 5 blocks of various colors lined up at the far side of the room. In the middle of the room is a floor switch. To get the blocks to move and allow you to progress throught the door behind them, you'll have to step on the floor switch and watch the pattern in which the blocks light up. Then, go over and activate the blocks in the order you just saw. You must do this three times. If you get a pattern wrong, you'll have to fight a trainer and try the pattern again.
Room 5: The final room before the gym leader! This puzzle won't be easy though! You'll have to create a path for you to get through by stepping on floor switches hidden throughout the room. As always, there will be some trainers gaurding some of the switches.

Gym Design: It will look like a typical laboratory. It will be plated with metal, and there will be extra gears and tubing all over the edge of each room.
Trainers: Each trainer will carry a different type of Pokemon to test your type advantage/disadvantage knowledge.

Gym Leader: In the back, sixth room awaits Al, the leader of the gym. Getting his badge is going to be no easy task.
Al's Pokemon:
Porygon2 (No Gender; Level 35)
Magnezone (No Gender; Level 39)
Rotom (No Gender; Level 37)
Probopass (No Gender; Level 37)
Porygon-Z (No Gender; Level 38)

Prize: After defeating Al, he shall award you with the Physics Badge, 4200 PokeDollars, and the TM for Zap Cannon.

Gym features: When you arrive, there will be a gate to a mountain. On the mountain there is a biking trail. there are 4 gates along the way, each next to a ridge, the size of a battlefield. On the ridges, there will be trainers that will need to be defeated to open the gate. At the gate to the gymleader, there is a slide puzzle that will need to be completed to open the gate. On the way, you might encouter a lv. 30 Staravia
Gymleader: Alex. Age 11. Wears a white and light blue robe.
Battle Party (in order): lv. 44 Noctowl
lv. 47 Peliper
lv. 49 Skarmory
lv. 52 Staraptor
You will be rewarded the Twister badge, 8500 PokeDollars, and the TM ariel ace

Location: A small room made of rocks. Filled with fire pits and a stadium at the end.
Features: Use timing to dodge the spitting fire. If you get hit, you go back to the beginning.
Trainers: Youngsters who stand in the safest areas.

Youngster 1 - Johnny
Pansear lv29
Ponyta lv29

Youngster 2 - Callum
Magby lv28
Ponyta lv28

Youngster 3 - Vince
Magby lv29
Pansear lv30

Gym Leader: Craig - Fire Type

Magmar lv34
Flareon lv34
Emboar lv37
Ninetails lv37
Darmanitan lv40

Prize: Smoke Badge - Allows Pokémon up to lv70 to obey you.

Um...This is my opinion:
Gym:
A straight way,no extra trainer,but your rival will come and challenge you...
Gym leader and team:
His name is Kindlos (Kindlos???)
The gym leader uses a pre-evo pokemon team(full six pokemon with different type), this means you have to be able to be ready to fight any type of pokémon that's coming at you.
The team the leader will be using is:
Dusclops Lv20
Klang Lv20
Eelektrik Lv20
Scyther Lv20
Gabite Lv20
Chansey Lv23
The gym leader uses pokémon that aren't of a very strong, but he does use a full ev trained team and all of them were hold Evolution stone.
This is to test the bond,skill and strategy between you and you pokemon.(woa,he IS a hacker!)
Prize:
After beating the gym leader, he will give you the Happiness Badge, and allows you to use the HM Rock smack and the TM Return.

place for my gym: jublife city gym leader: red trainers: ash, the gym leader (red). whats in the gym: a POOL! you must have surf to get across this pool.

Place: Vermillon City
What's in the gym: Electric Fences only to be deactivated by beating 4 trainers
Gym leader and team: Me and team.
Eletricvire level 60
Raichu level 65
Pikachu level 70
Eletricbuzz level 88
Zekrom level 100

Prize: $94,000,000
and TM Thunderbolt.

Man, everyone is just going off on higher levels, what about when you're new at being a gym leader?
I know that in this reality, I keep saying I would be a gym leader, but I dunno what I'd truly be doing if I were in the reality of Pokemon.

But if I were a gym leader, those that know me best inside and out say:
Psychic 75%
or Ghost 25%

So, I'll be absolutely screwed if the trainer brings in some dark pokemon, lol
Since my team will be psychic, they're usually later on in the game...

Region: Johto
Gym Type: Psychic
Badge: Dream Badge
TM Reward: TM 04 (Calm Mind)
Money Reward: 3,445
Team: (below)
Espeon:
Male, level 50
Psychic
Psybeam
Calm Mind
Morning Sun

Alakazam:
Male, level 45
Psychic
Psybeam
Telekinesis
Calm Mind

Xatu:
Male, level 47
Psychic
Confuse Ray
Miracle Eye
Calm Mind

Slowking:
Male, level 45
Psychic
Zen Headbutt
Water Pulse
Calm Mind

I would have more but I'm a gym leader, you shouldn't really have 6 guys unless you're the last one, I'd find myself more like the 6th or 7th gym.

GYM: A regular gym with only one battle, the GYM LEADER!

Leader 8: VV
Lv 50 Pachirisu
Lv 50 Espeon
Lv 50 Torterra
Lv 50 Charizard
Lv 50 Swampert
Lv 50 Steelix

Battle Criteria: The Wonder Launcher is used and points are added at a more rapid rate. However, in this GYM only, 17 special items can be used; field spells based on the 17 types. Each costs 5 pts, but the GYM Leader starts out with 10 pts. Each different field spell enhances all of the stats of the Pokemon of that type.

Strategy to win: With a diverse team and his field spells, VV won't be easy to take down. The trick is to use Pokemon the same type as his with moves Super Effective on his own Pokemon. He will maintain a constant advantagous field (unless he is out of points), so for example, use an Alakazam with Shadow Ball on Espeon, and a Blaziken with Thunder Punch on Charizard. You'll basically have to out-muscle each of his Pokemon one-at-a time.

Badge: Final Badge (resembles the Nobody Emblem from Sora's Final Form in Kingdom Hearts)

I think being a Gym leader would be the funnest thing in the world. Too bad the games don't let you become one. I was wondering what everyone else thought about this topic and see their answers the these questions:
1. What would be your name?
2. What type would you specialize in?
3. What Region and City would you have your gym?
4. What would be your secret weapon pokemon?
5. What would be your team (3 to 6 pokemon)?
6. What would be your badge?
7. What would be your Tm to give away?
8. What would be your beginning motto when you are challenged?
9. What would be your nickname (ex. Lt Surge, Lightning American)?
10. Name 3 Words to Describe your Personality.

This would be mine

Name: Typhoon
Type: Water
City: Sootopolis City in Hoenn
Secret Weapon: Lapras
Team: Empoleon/Milotic/Ludicolo/Tentacruel/Gastrodon/Lapras
Badge: Drizzle Badge
Tm: Waterfall
Motto: Tremble at the sight of my magestic Water Pokemon!
Nickname: Pokemon Posidon
Personality: Hyper, Wild, Egotistic

This would be mine
Name: Shadow
Type: Dark
City: Lavender Town ( i know it doesnt have a gym but it would be cool)
Secret Weapon: Tyranitar
Team: Krookodile/Honchkrow/Tyranitar/Umbreon/Bisharp/Drapion
Badge: Shadow Badge
Tm: Sucker Punch
Motto: Prepare to get a battle of doom!
Nickname: The dark killer
Personality: Relaxed, Mysterious, Evil

That's interesting. Beeing a Gym Leader has its pros and cons, but I'd really like to give it a try. As for your quetions, let's see... (although it's really a lazy made-up GL)

Name: Guy
Type: Steel
City: Olivine City
Secret Weapon: Heatran
Team: Ferrothorn, Heatran, Empoleon, Steelix, Aggron, Skarmory
Badge: Screw Badge (Looks like a slotted screw head)
Tm: TM91, Flash Cannon
Motto: "You can't move my unmovable Steel Pokémon!"
Nickname: The freelancer with an iron personality
Personality: Stubborn, overconfident, honest

hey this is my first post here :) and I think this is a pretty awesome Idea I hope they put it in a game but they probably wont BUT this is what I would be :)

Name: Onda
Type: Water
City: Cianwood City
Secret Weapon: Haunter
Team: Vaporeon, Lantern, Corphish, Haunter, and Crawdaunt
Badge: Steam Badge (Looks like 3 round silver circles)
TM: Tm 18, Rain Dance. lol
Motto:you can't tread against my undertow
Nickname: The Undertow
Personality: Awkward, Secretive, Strange

I've always wanted to be a Gym leader in the games. I think it could be quite cool. :D

Here are my answers:

1. Name: Lily.
2. Type: Grass type.
3. Region and City: Viridian City in Kanto.
4. Secret Weapon: Ludicolo.
5. Team: Toterra, Venusaur, Tropius, Mow Rotom, Ludicolo and Breloom.
6. Badge: The Bloom Badge.
7. TM: TM 19 Giga Drain.
8. Motto: Do not underestimate my grass type Pokemon, they have more tricks than you can imagine.
9. Nickname: The Quirky Trickster.
10. Personality: Quirky, Determined, Calm.

my gym... I dunno how unique it is, I'd also call it a optional gym, like a superboss of gyms

Place: Pokemon Breeding and training facility
What's in the gym: 20 different rooms, 1 for the leader, 1 is the entrance, 1 for each current type, and 1 that is strangly empty (fairy). They are all connected to the entrance room, which is two stories and goes around the whole building. Each type room is best suited for that type. You progress by fighting the trainers and earning points. Points earned depend on your starter pokemon choice. 1 for being super effective on the room type, 2 for nuetral, and 3 for being weak to the the room type. Earn ten points to fight the leader. Trainers who beat all 17 trainers earn a gold nugget after beating the leader.
Gym leader and team: Gym Leader Derrek (name picked at random)
Arcanine L. 70
Heracross L. 70
Walrien L. 70
Garchomp L. 70
Sawsbuck L. 70
Electrode L. 70

Prize: Type Master Trophy and experience, plus a gold nugget if all trainers are beaten

Place: A black skyscraper with several floors (reminiscent of Unity Tower in Unova) located in the fictional Chouwa Region

What's in the gym: The walls are black with white cubicles scattered about the floor. Everything is a sleek and futuristic, business-type design. You start at the 20th floor, proceed up to the 35th, then the 47th, and finally the 68th.

A cutscene also plays whenever you use the elevator to get to the next floor. It's a view of the outside on the left of the screen, and a view of inside the elevator on the right. The view changes with the time of day you enter the gym:
  • Early view of the docks seen from the building; a cargo ship passes by (morning)
  • Wingull fly past the elevator, making their way toward the harbor (afternoon)
  • A light-filled cruise liner is docked at the harbor (evening)
  • The moon touches the water, lingering ever so slightly above the horizon; it's reflection can be seen on the surface (night)
There are a handful of trainers in the building (8 in all) and you have to find them among the workers and battle them to gain the secret password to let the bouncer by the elevator let you proceed.
  • 20th floor - 1 trainer
  • 35th floor - 3 trainers
  • 47th floor - 4 trainers
  • 68th floor - Gym Leader
There is a warp panel in the Gym Leader's room that warps you to the entrance.

Gym leader and team:
Gym Leader Kairu (title: Business Tycoon)
  • Empoleon (lvl. 49)
  • Persian (lvl. 51)
  • Nidoking (lvl. 51)
  • Vespiquen (lvl. 53)
  • Conkeldurr (lvl. 54)
  • Honchkrow (lvl. 57)
Returning Gym Challenge:
  • Persian (lvl. 59)
  • Slowking (lvl. 61)
  • Metagross (lvl. 61)
  • Vespiquen (lvl. 63)
  • Conkeldurr (lvl. 64)
  • Honchkrow (lvl. 67)
Prize: TM87 (Swagger) & the Material Badge
Royal Ticket [second time]

Extras~
Phrases:
  • "I hope this is worth taking time off my busy schedule! Show me what you've got, kid!" (before battle)
  • "Ouch, this wasn't in the business plan..." (down to the last Pokemon)
  • "Good move, kid. Ever think of starting a business?" (defeated)
  • "Well, I can't say that wasn't to be expected! I've heard of your exploits after all. This was a nice break from work, I think. Anyway, I present to you the Material Badge! All Pokemon will obey you and it allows you to use the HM move Cave In outside of battle. Before you go, I want you to have this! *hands over TM87* That's TM87, Swagger. When facing challenges, you gotta have the right attitude. I look forward to battling you again!" (after battle)
Returning Phrases:
  • "I see you've grown quite a bit! Show me what you've learned!" (before battle)
  • "I have to rethink my strategy..." (down to the last Pokemon)
  • "HAHAHA! So whaddaya think? Wanna be my business partner?" (defeated)
  • "You're good as always, kid. Here, take this *hands over Royal Ticket* The Royal Unova will be passing by soon. I recommend checking it out and having some fun as it tours around the world!" (after battle)
Prizes: Epic badge (It allows you to get free banana's -_- (He's a weird guy))

Btw dude, that got me. I want an Epic Badge now. And my free bananas! xD

Last edited:
Place: Canyongold Ring in Canyonold City in Rahojo Region(My fictional Gym city and region)
What's in the Gym: Teleport Portals, Elevators, and Escalators traveling downward, and you have to run up them!
Gym Leader: Harlem(6th Gym)
Pokemon:
Mightyena(Male, Star Pokemon) Lv. 34 Item: Sitrus Berry Moves: Crunch, Dark Pulse, Assurance, Swagger
Absol(Male) Lv. 32 Item: None Moves: Slash, Razor Wind, Night Slash, Psycho Cut
Umbreon(Male) Lv. 30 Item: None Moves: Feint Attack(now spelled as 'feint'), Confuse Ray, Moonlight, Quick Attack
Prize: Demon Badge, $ 1950, ability to use HM02 Fly, raises Attack stat, lets Pokemon Lv. 70 or lower obey you. ;)

Place: On an island near the ocean
What's in the Gym: Kind of a poolish-oceanish maze with bridges and water levers.
Pokemon:
Blastoise Lvl. 69
Gyarados Lvl. 47
Wailord Lvl. 63
Carracosta Lvl. 52
Clawitzer Lvl. 58
Prize: Ocean Badge, $1580, TM55 Scald. ;)

Place: In a Ice Cavern
Whats in the Gym: Ice Puzzles and Sliding
Pokemon:
Glaceon Lvl. 69
Beartic Lvl. 57
Aurorus Lvl: 62
Forslass Lvl: 65
Abomasnow Lvl 60
Cloyster: Lvl: 63
Prize: Icicle Badge, $1563, TM14 Blizzard

Now if I were a gym leader...

Name: Karlyn, the 7th gym leader, managed to beat Blaine for 7th gym spot and had Saffron City be the 7th gym city, daughter of Sabrina.

Type: Psychic

City and Region: Saffron City in Kanto, but traveled to Johto.

What's In the Gym: Good old warp panels! The same foundation in Sabrina's gym since Sabrina is still living there and is the new gym leader's mother.

Pokemon:
Alakazam(male) Lv. 43
Hypno(male) Lv. 42
Wobbuffet(female) Lv. 41
Espeon(female) Lv. 44

Prize: Marsh Badge, Lv. 80 will obey, $2750, ability to use Waterfall, TM48 Skill Swap

My first post/reply so far after joining just moments ago. <.>
Name:
Jaz
City: Evergrande(lol Hoenn league)
Place: Underground
What's within: Just a straight path, just like Jasmine's gym in Olivine
Pre-battle phrase: Feel the love.
Pokemon:
Florges Lv 62 (Light Screen, Reflect, Moonblast, Psychic)
Togekiss(F) Lv 63 (Aura Sphere, Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Psychic)
Escavalier(M) Lv 65 (Stone Edge, Swords Dance, Iron Head, Giga Impact)
Klinklang Lv 65 (Automize, Gear Grind, Wild Charge, Giga Impact)
[Mega]Mawile(F) Lv 66 (Metal Burst, Play Rough, Sucker Punch, Giga Impact)
Prize: End Badge(allows capture of other trainer's Pokemanz), $25000, TM68 Giga Impact(obviously lol)

Challenge Mode(!?):
Florges@White Herb Lv 74 (Moonblast, Psychic, Focus Blast, Leaf Storm)
Togekiss@Expert Belt Lv 75 (Aura Sphere, Moonblast, Air Slash, Psyshock)
Escavalier@Leftovers Lv 76 (Fell Stinger, Earthquake, Iron Head, Stone Edge)
Metagross@Muscle Band Lv 77 (Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake)
Klinklang@Air Baloon Lv 77 (Shift Gear, Gear Grind, Wild Charge, Trick Room)
[Mega]Mawile Lv 79 (Iron Head, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Play Rough)
Prize: $70000 + Stash of nachos :up:

Name: Jackson
City: Black City
Place: Black Tower
What's In The Gym: Same layout as current Black Tower, but must battle each of 2 trainers per floor to progress (only 2 trainers per floor, same # of rooms).
Final Line Before Battle: "Now that you've made it this far, let's see how long it will take to send you back down."
Gym #: 8
Pokémon: (in order of sending out)
Accelgor; level 49; (Bug Buzz, Me First, U-turn, Swagger); item- Choice Specs
Tentacruel; level 49; (Screech, Sludge Wave, Hydro Pump, Rain Dance); item- Black Sludge
Bisharp; level 53; (Swords Dance, Night Slash, Aerial Ace, Double Team); item- Focus Sash
Reward: All Pokémon will obey you, Darkness Badge, TM66 Payback, $4350, ability to use Waterfall outside of battle

This is what I'd do for a gym if the next generation were to take place in Canada:

Gym # 5

Place:
A theatre building based off the Festival Theatre in Stratford, Ontario

What's in the gym:
When you first walk into the gym, you are guided to a third story balcony where the gym attendant states that you have to find your way down to the stage to face the gym leader. After that, you have to go through a maze of floors and aisles to get to the stage, though there are several dead ends and challengers face you at nearly every corner. Once you finally reach the stage, the curtain opens as fog and several lighting effects begin, a a spotlight then points to the gym leader (an actress) as she descends down the stairs to face you.

Gym Leader & Team: Titania (Fairy types)
  • Kirlia/Gardevoir
  • Aromatisse
  • Togetic/Togekiss
  • Florges
Prize: The Puck Badge and a new Fairy type TM

Quotes:
Before Battle- "How now, young trainer? Doth thou fancy to challenge my gym? Yay verily knave/lady, thy will is strong but mine Fairy types thou must o'er wrought! Titania be my name, and mine skills as an actress and a gym leader do make the gods themselves quake. BRACE THYSELF FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF A LIFETIME!!""

Being Defeated:"What madness be this that falls upon me? Have I truly lost? Oh cunning one, the spotlight doth shine brightly on thee."

After Being Defeated: "Thy will is true, young trainer. Therefore the Puck Badge be thine. With this badge, nary a pokémon below lv. 50 shall disobey thy will, pray they be traded or not."

[Note: Titania is based off of the Queen of the fairies (same name) from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, since Stratford Ontario is well known for its Shakespeare Festival, which is why I made her a Fairy type specialist. In fact, the Puck badge comes from a character in the play named Puck. I even have her speaking in Shakespearean just for the occasion]

Last edited:
Gym:6th gym in the hoenn region
place:mount pyre
type:mostly fire
puzzle: as you enter it,the whole mountain will to dark and you will have to find a trainer to light up a mystical flame to light up a part of the area,before battling the leader you will have to fave a strong trainer then you will get to me.
attire:a red cloak with the Japanese symbol of fire
pokemon:
arcanine lvl 45
thunder fang
flamethrower
sunny day
solar beam
Darmanitan lvl 48
flamethrower
superpower
solarbeam
fire punch
magmortar lvl 50
flamethrower
lava plume
thunder punch
earthquake
volcarona lvl 50
flamethrower
fly
poison jab
fire blast
mega blaziken lvl 55
sky uppercut
blaze kick
sword dance
stone edge

quotes:before battle
welcome challenger,you know every person I faced had the same goal as you,beating me and moving onwards,sadly most most of them never did,now I face another challenger who wants to be the best but you emenate a higher amount of determination then the other so get ready
during battle:you mt friend are going down badly
last pokemon:that's it this ends now
after defeat: your determination combined with raw power of your pokemon overcome me and created the most powerful fire of all,the flames of friendship and caring,indeed you are a great trainer,take this badge and move forward,this is tm35 flamethrower,take it and prove to me that you have the heart of a true trainer.

gift":tm35,5600 pokedollars

Place: A cave! It makes a player grope around! :D
What's in the gym: Lots and lots of trainers waiting
Gym leader: I, the Gym Leader, will specialise in Flying and Dragon Pokemon!
Team: Braviary Lv. 65, Staraptor Lv.66, Salamence Lv.66, Dragonite Lv.67, Kingdra Lv.68 Flygon Lv. 70
Prize: Treasure Badge, $5000, and TM Sky Attack & Dragon Pulse

Cuz it's my favourite type, I'll be the Dark type gym leader.
Town: Luna town- a town filled with darkness and mystery
Gym found at the cemetery, surrounded by Chandelures
The Gym: It'll be a dark place, and you will need Flash to pass through. But even then, you won't ssee good. It has couple of rooms, sepparated by stairs. There will be ten trainers, all specialised in dark or ghost type. There will be random, but not common, battles with Litwicks. After you battle all of the trainers, the last one will open a secret door that lead to me!
Gym Leader: My team would be all Dark types, with excepsion of Lapras:
Lapras (female) lvl. 60 moves: Perish song, Surf, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, ability- Water absorb;
Weavile (female) lvl. 63 moves: Punishment, Night Slash, Fling, Shadow Claw, ability- Pressure;
Umbreon (female) lvl. 65 moves: Pursuit, Bite, Payback, Thief, ability- Synchronise;
Sableye (male) lvl. 62 moves: Knock off, Foul play, Shadow claw, Zen headbutt, ability- Keen eye;
Houndoom (male) lvl. 63 moves: Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Snarl, ability- Flash fire
Absol (male) lvl.65 moves: Pursuit, Taunt, Sucker Punch, Psycho cut, ability- Super Luck.
When talked to- You have passed the test, but I won't give the badge without a battle!
While in battle- This is too easy, put some life to your battling!
While Pokemon HP bellow half- Hmph, maybe you are good, but not good enough!
When last Pokemon- It's not over! Never lose your spirit, not even when the battle ends!
If you are beaten- Hah, thought you will win? You are not worthy enough to carry this badge!
If I am beaten- I thought you will not win.. Guess you are worthy of this badge!
Prize: Mystic badge ( allows Surf outside battle), 6000 pkdollars and TM- Thief

I must admit that I have always wanted to be a gym leader since I played my first pokemon game (Pearl). And I think I know a gym leader I want to be.

Name: Toxic
City: Bigapple City. A big city in the center of the "region"
Type: Poison/Steel 8th gym
Gym: A Huge gym with 2 floors. Bottom floor is surrounded by poisonous water and with a few boats to ride on. There are 4 trainers on this floor. You got to ride the boats to get too the other side. On the second floor there is a floor with some holes in it. Some of the big ones have ropes to walk over them and there is also only 4 trainer on this floor. When walked up the second strains you enter a big room with a big bearing heart in the middle. When you walk close to it it opens up and Toxic jumps out of it.

Personality: Very silent, More of a loner.
Clothes and stuff: With a long black coat and a black hat with deep purple eyes. Short black hair with black shoes and basically everything black.
Secret Weapon: Drapion

Pokemon:
Crobat (Male) Lv. 49 Moves: Bite, Cross Poison, Aerial Ace, Double Team
Aggron (Male) Lv. 50 Moves: Iron Head, Dragon Pulse, Iron Defense, Earthquake
Drapion (Male) Lv. 50 Moves: Shadow Claw, Ice Fang, Cross Poison, Toxic
Mawile (Male) Lv. 49 Moves: Crunch, Swords Dance, Protect, Slash
Metagross (Male) Lv. 52 Moves: Psychic, Calm Mind, Focus Blast, Earthquake
Toxicroak (Male) Lv. 53 Moves: Poison Jab, Swords Dance, Cross Poison, Close Combat

Quote before battle:
"Another foolish challenger that thinks that he/she can come one step closer by battling me? Well I must admit that you are one brave child to do this but I have only one question left. Are you sure that you want to see your pokemon crawling on the floor screaming there trainers name?" (Yes/No. If no) "A wise desession. For your wisdom I'll give you this in return" Gets Poison Barb. Can be battled of course :) (if yes) "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ Very well then. Then I shall not stand in you're way but remember this, THAT THERE TRAINERS TERRIFIED FACE IS THE LAST THING YOURE POKEMON WILL SEE!!!"
Quote after battle:
How? Well then I admit defeat. Please take this as you're price.

Badge: Venom Badge (looks like a poison blob)
Gives permission to use Waterfall outside of battle.
Gives TM Cross Poison.

Well that was my gym leader.....

Place: lake
Region: xinto
Type: water
Pokemon+moves:

Milotac lvl 60
Aqua tail
Hydro pump
Ice beam
Aura beam

Kingdra lvl 60
Hydro pump
Draco meteor
Dragon pulse
Blizzard

Gyrados lvl 64
Iron tail
Focus blast
Hydro pump
Aqua tail

Badge: aqua badge
TM: hydro pump
HM: waterfall
City: aquamire city
8th gym

place: victory road gate b2w2(unova)

type: ice

vanilluxe lv 55 @ sitrus berry (ice beam, blizzard, flash cannon, return)
sealeo lv 50(ice beam, blizzard, surf, return)
prinplup lv 50(ice beam, brick break, return, waterfall)
wartortle lv 50 (surf, return, skull bash, bite)
beartic lv 49 (brick break, rock slide, hail, blizzard)
badge: popsicle badge
TM: ice beam or blizzard(you get to choose)
$56780
allowed to use waterfall outside of battle
5 rare candies
5 max revives

rematch of mine
vanilluxe lv 77 (blizzard, ice beam, toxic, return)
walrein lv 72(same moveset)
empoleon lv 72(same moveset)
pidgeot lv 72(brave bird, rain dance, toxic, wing attack)
samurott lv 69(surf, hydro pump, blizzard, return)
AFTER U WIN
$567890
gracidea flowers(leftovers if you already have the flowers)
10 rare candies
10 max revives
TMS: hydro pump, brave bird(you get both)
get to trade something for pidgeot (lv 50+ ice type with one type, cant be beartic or jynx)
can rematch me on Friday nights and Saturday mornings (12:00 to 22:35, two rematches every week)
rematch area : Friday undella town and Saturday route 13

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Place: A karate dojo.

Type: Fighting.

Gym: You walk into the dojo, and see that your way is blocked by three wooden and stone practice boards. To advance, at least one of your Pokemon must have enough Attack stat to break the board. 50 attack for the first board, 70 attack for the second board, and 100 attack for the third, and final, board. If the Pokemon you pick does not have enough attack, you must fight a Black Belt or a Battle Girl. If you win, he/she will break the board for you. If you lose to the trainer, you will have to raise your attack and come back later.
After getting past all three boards, you come across Jameson, the Fighting Leader.

Jameson's team:

Hawlucha Lv. 40
Mienshao Lv. 40
Hitmonchan Lv. 40
Sawk Lv. 43

Opening Quote: "So, your Pokemon were strong enough to get past my boards... Well, let us see if you can stand up to this challenge! Hiyah!"

Mid-battle Quote: "I can tell you have raised your Pokemon well."

Last Pokemon Quote: "Is this really happening?!"

Win Quote: "This is the first time I have experienced a feeling quite like this in battle. You have earned this, Trainer. (Get Karate Badge.) This is the Karate Badge. With it, Pokemon under level 60 will certainly obey. I also want you to have this TM. (Get Revenge TM.) The more damage you take from an opponent's attack, the more damage it does. I know you can master the amazing power of this move. Until we meet again."

Lose Quote: "Pathetic! I would have thought someone with the power to make it through my Gym would pose a much bigger challenge. Come back once you have honed your skills."

Rewards: Revenge TM, Karate Badge, Waterfall outside of battle.

Please don't double-post. Use the Edit button instead.
Place: A big fancy house
Name: Same as my name, Jorge
Type:None
Pokémon:
Samurott LV 40(Surf, Razor Shell, Revenge, Façade)
Vibrava LV 40(DragonBreath, Dig, Fly, Façade)
Zebstrika LV 40(Spark, Charge, Flame Charge, Façade)
Vaporeon LV 40(Surf, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Façade)

Opening quote: So, you've made it this far, well then, we're gonna funkify the situation!!
Mid-battle quote-Huh, I thought you'd do that..
Last Pokémon: This is where it ends, yo!

Win quote: Jammin', dude!!
Lose quote: Not cool, dude, not cool
For your victory, you get this badge(Element badge)
With this Element Badge, Pokémon of any level will lissen to you with no prob,man.
Also take this, TM40!
It's Façade, a move that doubles in funk when your pard' is ill, pretty funky, know what I'm sayin'?

Rematch:
Samurott LV65(Hydro Pump Razor Shell, Façade)
Flygon LV65(Dragon Rush, Earthquake, Struggle Bug, Façade)
Vaporeon LV65(Hydro Pump, Acid Armor, Baton Pass, Façade)
Zebstrika LV65(Overheat, Wild Charge, Thunderbolt, Façade)
Weavile LV65(Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Swords Dance, Façade)
Gardevoir LV65(Psychic, Moonblast, Reflect, Façade)

Affer you win:
$450K
Azure Flute(For callin' 'pon the al-funky Arceus at Dragonspiral Tower)
10 Rare Candies
10 Big Nuggets
TM40 Façade
Rematch on Friday nights

Last edited:
Place: Just outside victory road in Unova inside a crystal cave
What's in the gym: Crystal Maze like the reflecting cave, and has mirrors to confuse you
Gym leader and team: 8th gym, fairy type leader to balance iris's dragon team
Name: Evan
Team:
Togekiss @ lvl 48
Air slash
Aura sphere
extrasensory
Dazzling Gleam

Azumarill @ lvl 49
Belly drum
Aqua jet
Play rough
Super power

Sylveon @ lvl 49
Psyshock
Moonblast
Calm mind
draining kiss

Clefable @ lvl 50
Moonblast
Cosmic power
meteor mash
flamethrower

Slurpuff @ Lvl 50
Belly drum
Play rough
Draining kiss
cotton guard

Mega Gardevoir @ Lvl 51
Hyper Voice
Psyshock
Thunderbolt
shadow ball

Prize: 10k and the Serenity badge! Also TM 100 (or whatever) Moon Blast!

if i were a gym leader i would be a bug type gym leader with shuckle lv 50 rapid spin bug bite harden and x scizzor. scyther lv 53 false swipe x scizzor slash and hyper voice. pinsir lv 49 with x scizzor guilotine false swipe and bug bite. scizzor lv 57 with iron tail x scizzor night slash and iron defense. beedrill with pin missile twin needle upper cut and seismic toss. my gym would be in sandgem town and it would be on the shore and before battle i say" oh, look at this, another little punk to cream and let the bed bugs bite". and at the end i would say" sorry about teasing you like that but hey you got me so you get the buzz badge and for being so strong i think you deserve this and i would give you x scizzor

Place: In a town to the north, on the outskirts of a dense forest where living off the land and hard work alongside Pokemon are the norm. Lumberjacks, hunters and farmers make up most of this practical, tight-knit community. Not completely off the grid, but we don't completely rely on it either. Despite the isolation, many things such as the local festivals, open-air markets, camping and fishing draw a fair number of tourists and vacationers. Many forest Pokemon such as Stantler and Noctowl are common year-round, whereas those such as Farfetch'd and Beartic come and go with the seasons.

Gym: A large hall built with heavy timbers, lit with several large antler chandeliers and rail lighting pointed toward the walls and vaulted ceilings highlighting outdoor art. The local trainers you may face come and go, leaving your potential opponents to be different each day. Defeating them to get to the leader is optional, but we are always interested in seeing Pokemon talents, including practical talents/skills outside of battle.

"Our Pokemon help us keep in touch with the world around us. Through training and hard work in and out of the gym we learn to live practically. We grow stronger as we learn to understand and work with one another. I will not make this an easy battle. I will show you the product of our hard work and determination."

Team:
Lv. 56 Butterfree
Sleep Powder
Quiver Dance
Energy Ball
Bug Buzz

Lv.56 Arbok
Coil
Earthquake
Poison Jab
Sucker Punch

Lv.56 Marowak
Swords Dance
Bonemerang
Rock Tomb
Double Edge

Lv.56 Ninetales
Willow Wisp
Energy Ball
Fire Blast
Hex

Lv.57 Venusaur
Sleep Powder
Sludge Bomb
Energy Ball
Synthesis

"It seems your Pokemon have worked hard together as well! This is for you. Congratulations."
Woodsman Badge, TM53 Energy Ball

"People around here use many strategies in battle, though one thing remains the same- work hard and tough it out. Good luck on your travels and don't be afraid to stop in again. Take care!"

Last edited:
This seems like fun!

Name: Sy
Type: Psychic
Secret Weapon: Espeon
Teams: Meowstic M/ Meowstic F/ Alakazam (Mega)/ Mesprit/ Espeon
Badge: Aura Badge
TM: Psychic
Motto: "If you're going to try, try your best!"
Nickname: The super-brainiac.
Personality: Smart, Notable, Quick-to-think.