• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

If You Were a Gym Leader

I would be the new gym leader of viridian city, after kicking blue out
i would make it an earth gym again and you fight me after you beat the elite 4 like in GSC
the badge is the earthbadge, only now its gold. the TM is # 26, Earthquake

there would be no trainers, only a super complicated warp tile maze

i would have red's sprite

First Pokemon:

Swampert lvl 100 w/ chesto berry
Earthquake
Aqua Tail
Hammer Arm
Rest

Others:

Marowak lvl 100 w/ thick club (rockhead)
Bonemerang
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Double Edge

Feraligatr lvl 100 w/ leichi berry
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Crunch

Torterra lvl 100 w/ leichi berry
Wood Hammer
Synthesis
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Tyranitar lvl 100 soft sand
Earthquake
Rock slide
Crunch
Dragon Dance

Venusaur lvl 100 w/miracle seed
Frenzy plant
Synthesis
Sludge bomb
Earthquake

Gym Theme-Water

Location -Whirl Islands in Johto

Gym Setup-A labyrinth of surfing with dive

My Gym Team-
Kingdra (Electric moves aren't super effective, neither are grass)
Politoed (just awesome)
Whiscash (Electric moves do not affect)
Gyarados (How could I not include it?)
Swampert (Electric moves do not affect)
My Feraligatr Wanoko (My favorite pokemon)

Prizes! Any trainer that wins would get the Hydra Badge and the TM Water Pulse

If I were a Gym Leader, I would specialize in Poison-types.
My Gym would be set up in a very similar way that the Bubble Blast Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy, people will climb into a bubble, and if it pops over the water, they'll restart.
My team would look like this:
Team 1:
Gastly, Venomoth, Gengar, Tentacruel, Arbok, and Weezing. (I love the Gen 1 Poison-types.)
Team 2:
Gastly, Venomoth, Beedrill (Mega Beedrill, of course), Ariados, Roserade, and Dragalge.
The prizes: The Mushroom Badge, TM06 Toxic, and 6 Pecha Berries.

I'd be a dark type gym leader.

My gym would be pitch black, with only one light shining on myself, and you're unable to use Flash. You'd have to stumble around in the darkness before coming to me, fighting trainers as you went.

My team would consist of:

A Mightyena, an Umbreon, Houndoom, Absol and Krokodile

Prizes would be: The Bright Badge, and TM Taunt

Gym Theme/Setup: It would under Mt Chimney in Hoenn. You would have to use little gysers to make your to the top where the gym leader Archery would be. The catch is the pokemon used are not the same every time. The gym leader switches between a ground, rock, or fire team. Battle type is also randomized, with every battle having a non stop sunny day or sandstorm, depending on team. Archer as well is a former champion with a secret team member.

Gym Team:

Fire:
Magmorter
Volcarona
Blazekekin
Typholosion
Heatran

Rock:
Giglath
Golem
Kabutops
Tyrantrum
Regirock

Ground:

Garchomp
Claydol
Torrterra
Quagsaire
Krookdile

Always on team:

Darkrai (Weather disappears when taken out. Always last pokemon).

Type: Ghost/Psychic
It will be the 8th gym. The aim is the get at to the top of the tower and ring the bell and then i will appear with my honchkrow. There will be 5 gym trainers in the tower along as wild pokemon. The trainers will have gengars, alakazams, mismagius and others.
My team: lvl 49 Gengar, lvl 50 Sableye, lvl 51 Chandelure and a lvl 52 Spiritomb

Location: In an undiscovered city in Kalos (off coast of Vaniville) named Dab City
Type: Dragon, 8th
Description: my Gym is a Dragon's layer. Its has a shallow lake/river that you walk through. To annoy trainers, they are forced to use FLASH, until you reach Room 2. This room is lit up with torches. The gym trainers are dragon slayers and a couple are artists. Their pokemon consist of Dragonairs, Fraxures, Haxorus', Zweilous, Druddigon, Salamance, Smeargles and Kingdra. After mazing ur way through the first two rooms, you'll climb a ridiculously long stair case and then will see me playing on my XBOX. I jump up and battle you. I use Lv. 54 Kingdra, Lv. 55 Haxorus and Lv. 57 Mega Charizard X. I give you TM Dragon Claw and the Rage Badge.

i would have to be a steel type gym leader. like my signature.
754828_trainercard-Dolan.png

my pokemon gym leader team. he would be the gym leader in Lumiouse City, obviously. for some reason clement decided to step down from his gym leader position. maybe him and bonnie are going on an adventure to a different region. maybe unova, i could imagine them both really enjoying their time there visitinging its many cities and attractions.
the new gym leader converted the interior of the Lumiouse City gym into an obstacle coarse that spirals to the top floor. the ground floor is an outdoor dojo, the 2nd-5th floor are the obstacle coarse and the top floor is the gym along with an elevator in the center. i like how alola had island challenges that challengers would face before battling the trial captain i would like to implement that in kalos. if the challenger chooses to spar against the gym leader. he doesn't have to win, just impress the gym leader. If they can they can do either they get the option to either go through or skip the obstacle coarse completely. if they spar one of his students. regardless if the challenger wins or not. If the gym leader is impressed enough they can have the option to either skip half of the obstacle coarse or go through the entire coarse. if they don't impress the gym leader they have to wait at least a full week before they can spar again. (giving them time to either improve and think about what they did wrong). Sparring is optional if the challenger doesn't wish to spar then they can go straight to the beginning of the obstacle coarse. The obstacle coarse would look like an easy version of the TV show "american ninja warrior" (it shouldn't be too difficult but tricky enough to be a fun/competitive challenge). If the challenger can complete the entire obstacle coarse in under 15 minutes they will be given the option to receive a muscle band or a focus band as well as have their name next to all the other people who have made it under 15 minutes engraved in a large stone plaque outside next to the gym. After that is finished there is just the gym battle left right? his strongest/main Pokemon is his scizor. he will most likely use it last. (the gym badge is going to be silver with black dots on the two big knuckles (index and middle finger) and shaped like a flat hand; like a "heel palm".

its kinda funny. usually when people think about martial arts in Pokemon people think about fighting types right? of course they do! with Pokemon like hitmonchan or hitmonlee it seems obvious right? well... steel seems like a pretty good contender to me. why? well. karate itself is defensive in nature. in goju ryu, the karate style i practice teaches you to toughen the body. it even has a term called "kotekitai" which translates as arm and leg conditioning. another example. in kung fu there are two terms called called iron body training and iron palm training. if that doesn't sound like great potential for steel type trainer i don't know what does.

on Mondays, Wednesdays, Friday, and Saturdays the instructor teaches martial arts in the outdoor dojo. (Monday and Friday he teaches weapon forms and on Wednesday and Saturday he teaches empty hand forms, Occasionally people will come to watch. every last Saturday of the month all guests are invited to participate in the class that day.
the gym itself would be in kanto where giavanni's gym used to be (assuming blue decided to focus on being a pokemon professor or possibly stay in alola). the old gym would just be completly gone. torn down. (rip giavanni/blue's gym.) it would be replaced with a giant metal table. i say metal because it needs to be able to hold up the gym. the gym itself will be a giant rubix cube( with three stories. all three of the stories turn(horizontally. we would have it turn vertically too but that seemed too risky). the place would be one giant fun house. there will be a lot of mirrors, lots of bright colors everywhere, and neon lights. some of the floor tiles will move on their own that can will either turn you in a random direction, throw you up in the air(like a springboard), or spin you forward. (like in blue's gym before it got tore down). on the first and second floor there will be 5 trainers inside, a clown, a juggler, a fire breather, a harlequin, and a dancer. you may also run into a couple of random tourists that may be willing to battle but are mostly just there because the gym is basically just a fun house after all. there will be escalators on opposite sides of the room until you get to the 3rd floor where you battle the gym leader.the escalators will be going down. in order to change the direction you have to explore the maze and find a button on each floor excluding the third to be able to progress to the next floor. Anyone who makes it to the top gets a free silk scarf as a gift for making it to the top (you don't have to be a challenger to be able to participate however non-gym challengers will be given an orange card that says "visitor" and thus can walk freely through without having to battle also visitors can't challenge the gym leader when they make it to the top. they can however sit in the stands and watch any challenge battles and take pictures with or receive their gift from the gym leader before or after battles) the gym leader will of course be the last gym leader. his team will be the same as the card below. the gym leaders pokemon will be a lvl 52 spinda, a lvl 55 smeargle, a lvl 58 exploud, a lvl 56 kecleon, a lvl 58 porygon-z, and his signature lvl 60 ditto. each time you beat one of his pokemon the colors in the gym room will change. once you beat him you will get the "extraordinary" badge. it will be shaped like a rubix cube... duh. with all sorts of neon colors in the squares. you will also receive the tm for "dizzy punch". to leave the gym there will be an elevator in the center of the room. also at night time the whole exterior lights up it looks super cool.
745864_trainercard-Dolan.png

Last edited:
Theme: Grass type (*sarcastic* I know I am so original)

Location: In the middle of some random forest (I really don’t like cities)

Description: My gym would be almost isolated from society, besides the challengers that come and go. You would have to climb a tree to get to the gym (which is high in the tree). Once your there, you will have to find me (assuming I am hiding from you, either because I am scared or because of some unknown test hehehe). Once you find me, we will have a 3 on 3 battle, no substitutions. I will use my Snivy, Meganium, and my Leafeon. The only extra rule is don’t fall out of the tree (because my insurance won’t cover it.) Once you complete all of that, I will give you the moss badge (*sarcastic* because that I how creative with names I am.)

(I really hope I posted this right.)