• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

If you could have any item, what would it be?

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
If the President of GameFreak came up to you tomorrow and said "What item would you most like to see in the game?", what would be your answer?

Remember, this item would be available to anyone who purchased the game. So while it might be tempting to say "Something that makes it much easier to catch legendaries" or "Something that triples the rate of getting exp", any other player would also benefit from that. Also, there must be some kind of balance - if you pick an item that, say, automatically Belly Drums a pkmn so you don't lose a move, it would have to have a negative effect as well.

I'd like a "Special Repel". Something that repels only those really annoying common pkmn like Oddish, making it slightly easier to find the rare ones. A general Special Repel would be nice, but in the worst case just one for use in the Safari Zone would do ;). (ARGH NOT ANOTHER PHANPY *throws GBA on floor and stamps on it*)

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Something like a Telescope to improve accuracy but lower attack, or something like a Hustle item to improve attack but lower accuracy.

Or body armour to improve a certain pokemon's defence, but lower its speed (Scyther, anyone?)

And yeah, that Repel idea sounds good *continues eating some Rattata* They're so abundant it doesn't matter if I have one for tea.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I like the idea of a hold item that increases accuracy. Right now we have nothing like that, and it could be VERY useful for certain attacks (ie. Hypnosis). Although, at the same time it could be very annoying, too...

We have the Macho Brace and Amulet Coin, so why don't we have an item that doubles/triples EXP? While it wouldn't be good during EV training it'd be helpful afterwards. Not everyone training teams to L.100 can AR 100+ Rare Candies afterall...

I can't think of any original idea right now... Gonna have to think on it I guess ^^;

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Remind me where you obtain the Lucky Egg?

Actually, I've been wondering where you get the Macho Brace from, apart from in the Trick House in Ru/Sa. I apparently have two spread across my five games (4 x GBA + Colosseum) and I'm not sure where to find more.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Trainer_Yoshimitsu said:
You seem to be forgetting the lucky egg :wink:

Yes, yes I have :shock:

*Smacks herself in the head* I can't even remember the last time I had that item... x.x

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
It's not surprising that people forget it though. The only way to get it is by getting it off a Chansey, and even then the Lucky Egg is a rare hold item for them.

I got one. ^_^

We've got the Shell Bell which restores health when you use a damaging attack, so I'd like an item that could restore, say, 1/16 of your health only when you use a non-damaging attack. You'd restore health, but you wouldn't be able to attack.