• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

if you could have a pokemon what would it be

I think I'd have a Porygon. I'd upload it to my computer and have it destroy viruses for me.

Y'all weren't expecting me to say Gardevoir, were you? Hey, I like her and all, but I think having one around in real life would be kinda creepy.

[size=8pt]G M, you must have read my mind. I thought the whole undying loyalty thing would be cool, but I'm surprised you passed her up for porygon.
Not that it isn't awesome or anything c:

Myself, I'd probably have a pikachu, or a persian.
Or an absol.
They're just the one's I think would be the best companions, and pikachu, while a bit cliche, is my favorite :3[/size]

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well... if it was just one Pokemon, it would hands-down be a Raichu or Pichu/Pikachu as long as I had the future means to somehow evolve it into Raichu. They're agile, small, not on-fire (so less likely to accidentally burn your house down), and ... I just love Raichu.

Otherwise, Charizard, Flygon, or Lugia for pretty well the same reasons: they're all dragon-ish creatures, and they can (according to Pokemon physics) fly.

I would like to have an Arcanine, Lapras, Gardevoir or Porygon2. It would be cool to ride on Arcanine's or Lapras's back, Gardevoir could be my friend and protector and Porygon2 because I think it looks cooler than PorygonZ and it could live in my laptop. I wouldn't mind having Lucario or a Smoochum either. Maybe even a Dragonite. ~stops the rant now~

Practical answer: Xatu.
It can see the past and present, so it might be willing to give you a head's up on where you left your car keys, or that hooking up with So-and-So might be a bad idea in the long run.
It teleports, which is very convenient since I don't think it'd be able carry me around if it flew places.
And if ever I'm faced with a problem, it can use it's massive psychic-type intellect to do that adorable dance it does on PBR. XD That dance could solve anything.

Manliest answer of all: Cleffa.
It comes from space, is cute, has Magic Guard, and according to various Pokedex entries, once it evolves it can look forward to flying and walking on water.
It's like having a fluffy pink Jesus by your side.

Awesome answer: Gible or a Murkrow.
Because apparently Garchomp can fly, swim, and tunnel through the earth (o_O) so one never need worry about traffic, and heck, Gabite's super cool.
Murkrow because I love them. And if I could evolve it into a Honchkrow, nobody would dare mess with me. I'd have the pigeon mafia watching my back. B)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Funny, is it just me, or did Snapdragon just say Murkrow and Xatu? Because I would've chosen those, too. Well, Natu instead of Xatu because it's cuter, but same difference once it evolves.

But if I had to choose something else besides a flying Pokemon, I would probably choose Sandshrew. Why? Because it's cute and it can DIG. Gosh, I've always wanted a Pokemon that could dig without making as much cacophony as those machines. And once it evolves, it gets SPIKES, which is even cooler! And I could also use it as a suprise attack against some of my enemies at school... heheh....

Besides Sandshrew, I might consider Kirlia or Pikachu. Kirlia because it can Teleport, and teleporting's good if I ever need something done quickly or not seen, and Pikachu because it can paralyze people on contact. Abra's also one for consideration, because, if the rumors are true, once it evolves, not only can it teleport, it can do all my darn homework! But it sleeps too much as an Abra.

Out of all of these Pokemon, the number choice for me might be Xatu. And Tama said it all for me. XD

well, while the obvious choice for me would be the Rhyhorn family, but I believe an Absol, Weavile/Sneasel or Garchomp would be much more sensible

Absol due to the fact that it can fit through a regular doorway, gives you that Dark feeling that would keep annoying jocks from messing with me even better than my size while my regular friends are mostly punk, so they would be fine around it. Plus it is still one of my Favorite Pokemon.

Weavile/Sneasel for the same reasons as above, though with a different style, and the fact that it can climb up like, trees and stuff with me.

Garchomp, because, as previously stated by Tama, can fly (nice way of transportation, don'cha think?) swim (I love the water) and dig (which would be pretty useful in situations)

Most realistic: Swellow
Having a sweet looking Swellow who could act as a scout and grab stuff for you. Sweet. And Swellows rule in general.

Most Weird: Staryu
Let's get a Pokemon that can't really move without water? I don't live by a big water source like a huge ocean, but having water fights with it could be useful.

Most Reliable: Growlithe
Having a puppy that protects you from stuff. Your own bodyguard and a pet. Total win right there.

I think a Lapras would be fun, it would give me a great excuse to travel the various coastlines of the world!
I also think a mime jr would be really fun, it would drive people bad as its quite mischeivous like me ::)

[size=8pt]G M, you must have read my mind. I thought the whole undying loyalty thing would be cool, but I'm surprised you passed her up for porygon.
Not that it isn't awesome or anything c:
[/size]

Well, I wanted to be able to give an explanation other than "It's so cute!" or that I could use it to fight stuff. If that were the case, however, I'd probably pick Cubone. It's cute, battle-ready, and totally emo. What's not to love?

Hmmm. This is tricky...

I love Murkrow and PimpHonchkrow, but I like my nose. And look at that beak! Between that monstrous maw and my unusually sizable schnozz, this is just asking for trouble.

Maybe Clefairy, then...? But then, they'd have to try and live up to the reputation left behind by my very favourite Clefairy, Zepp (who's trapped in my Silver version due to my lack of FR/LG, but it was awesome, honest, Solarbeam and Sunny Day and Moonlight and aaargh aaargh engage bitter old Crow-talk). No Pokemon deserves that kind of pressure! :C

In that sense I'd have to take the utterly irresponsible choice and opt for Nidoqueen. Firstly, because she's awesome. Secondly, because even though she's only four feet tall, she can cause earthquakes. Don't nobody step to that!

For companionship, I would pick Lucario or Kadabra, simply because I could have mental conversations with them. They could whip me at board games, help me spy on girls, and Aura Sphere/Psybeam my enemies!

Also, Blastoise for the simple reason that Hydro Pump solves all problems.

Arcanine hands down. He's Big, Strong, Fast, Cuddly,and Can Burn anything to Cinders!
And I've always wanted to ride one.

It would also be neat to have a Zangoose, or something Dragonic, say Lugia, or Charizard. That would simply be neat.

Well, my first choice is tied between Pikachu and Piplup just 'cause their my favorites. Then there's Mime Jr. Who wouldn't want a cute little pink thing doing everything your doing? Plus, it's uber cute, so I'd get a lot of dates. In terms of loyalty and friendship, I'd choose Lucario and Gardevior. Those 2 are just bad-ass. I'd have a Charizard just to fly me to places if I'm late or miss the bus for school. I could also burn people who mess with me. *thinks about my geometry teacher burning up in flames* Finally, I'd have a Suicune. That way, at least two of my friends could go on a road trip without a car......I'll shut up know... :p

If I could have only one, then Mudkip wins hands-down. But if I could have more than one, then I'd have a Pichu and a Chimchar too. They're so cute... :)

I would have to go with...mew
They are sosososo cute! They are so playful. And they can transform into any pokemon! I could do almost anything! -cliched- But seriously? Who thinks it would be fun to float on a pink bubble all day? :D

Honsetly, any pokemon. Pokemon themselves are beautiful. From Shellos to Eevee, from Floatzel to Palkia, I would love to have them all! But here are my top five:
1) Vulpix/Ninetails: I would love to have one of these because they are furry, a fire type and 'Fox Pokemon', and I love foxes~ They would also make great comapins with their friendly nature.
2) One of the baby pokemon (Magby, Togepi, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Budew, Mime Jr, Bonsly, etc....) beacuse of their extremely cute appreance and baby-like manners.
3) A 'dog' type pokemon such as Poochyena, Mightyyena, Growlithe, Aracaine, Hounddour, and Hounddoom beacuse I love dogs and they would love to be with me~
4) Celebi, I just love them~ The are so cute, small, and friendly~
5) All other pokemon!

I would have a Jynx if I wasn't afraid it was going to attack me.
-point at Santa episode-

But, my first choice would most definitely be a Mime Jr. They're adorable!
Plus, I have like five Mime Jr. Plushies and figures. c:

I would say it's between a cute pokemon, a tough pokemon, or a cool pokemon. A.K.A Togepi, Empoleon, or Jolteon.

Between those three, and I could only have one, I would choose Empoleon because it's decently powerful, and it's an evo of a starter.

I'd have a Piplup, because it's so darn cute X3 Plus, it's not a bad idea to have Piplup on your side during a watergun fight in the summer XD

HOW DECEPTIVE OF YOU!

Hiding this thread here, where I hardly go. Well, I'm on to you now...>;/

Practically speaking, a small Pokemon would be easier to care for (And it being a Pokemon is easy in itself) It wouldn't necessarily have to be powerful, considering I wouldn't want it to battle all the time. But it should be powerful enough to hold its own in a battle anyway. With that said, any of the 12 Starters would be fine, although of course the fire types come with more caution than others. Outside the 12 starters, I'd probably go for Pichu, Buizel, Budew, Eevee and all their evolutions. Besides, one of the perks of having an electric type is access to an Environment Friendly Power Source (At least until it unleashes a Thunderstorm and the like.)

But if I had to be a noob about it, I'd probably say Dugtrio, for the extreme lulz I can get out of it

I also would have to choose mew, Its attitude is laid back and fun its extremely powerful and makes a good companion plus if you need to fly transform into a bird Pokemon, surf? transform into a water type Mew can do it all.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I would pick Espeon... It just looks Loyal... and realy cute :)
Plus I wouldn't want anything too big...

I'd have to go opposite of Ruko and say Umbreon... or maybe just an Eevee... then i'll find someone else with an eevee and breed a bunch of them so I can have all the forms.

EEVEE FARM! =D

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
It was a difficult choice for me, between Umbreon and Espeon...
I love all of the forms of Eevee...

I'm more active at night, so I'd probably end up with an Umbreon, even though Espeon is cuter....

Theres lots of pokemon i'd love to have but if i had to choose one, it would be either Metagross or Lucario. Although, Metagross would just destroy my house, and lucario is cooler (metagross looks tougher) so I'd probley go with Lucario.

I have a few choices actually:

Phanpy: Because it's so damn adorable I'd love to have it around the house, provided it would evolve eventually to Donphan.

Totodile: Because it'd be awesome to have to lunge water at random people at my command.

Latios: Because I cant help but think how amazing it would be to fly around on one of those things.

Houndoom: How cool would I look walking down the street with one of those things :)

Growlith: I'd rather have a Growlith than an Arcanine because it just seems friendly, and there's also less of a chance of everything in my house burning *gulp*

Dragonair: Dragonair is just so beautiful looking.

Milotic: For the same reason as Dragonair, also, it be awesome to swim with one of those.

Ampharos, Infernape, Arcanine, Lugia, Meew, Jirachi..., Lugia (Silver is soo cuute), Dragonite, Gardivior...Ah!! Can't make up...mind...hey, Rapidash, Espeon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, Flareon, Jolteon, Lapras, and and...everyone excluding Slaking and Magikarp and a few others.

Sorry to disturb so suddenly... newbie's here... but seeing this kinda interesting... well, I'm kinda Choose... well, let's see... hmm... it looks like...:
-Squirtle, because I like Turtle.
-Totodile, because one of it's Johto's Starter.
-Mudkip, because it's kinda cute.
-Piplup, because it's one of Hoenn's starter.
-etc. It's still have another... but it's just too much to mention!!!