• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ideas on Generation V Pokemon

I HAVE NO FREINDS!!! WAHHHHHHHH!!!

Ahem...Yeah, I guess so. But nobody I know has the game. SO!

Back on topic!

Totally feel your pain. I have NO ONE. This wasn't a problem previously as I had two Game Boys and a Link Cable. Now I'm screwed because 1) only one DS 2) everything's wireless (which is now a gigantic problem.)

I think there should be another water/electric type; this time an eel. I'd like to see a Dark/Psychic type as well. Why you ask? Just because!

I think you should be able to breed Tauros and Miltank to get a Calf Pokemon that evolves into either depending on gender.

Speaking of breeding, you know how Eevee has multiple evolutions? Well, I think they should take that concept a step further. They should make a Pokemon that evolves into different forms depending on what its mother was bred with. It wouldn't be that difficult to execute. Like Mime Jr. with Mimic, it wouldn't evolve unless it knew a technique belonging to a certain element. However, it wouldn't know any techniques of elements other than its own unless they were bred on.

And how about a Ditto evolution? It could be some humanoid blob that becomes humanoid forms of other Pokemon. Of course, then Game Freak would have to make over 500 different forms for it...

Also, if Ash has to fight giant robots every once in a while, why not us? I think we should get some non-Pokemon opponents every once in a while to shake things up. Sure, you wouldn't be able to catch it, but I don't think you could catch that Marowak ghost in the first game, either.

Also, if Ash has to fight giant robots every once in a while, why not us? I think we should get some non-Pokemon opponents every once in a while to shake things up. Sure, you wouldn't be able to catch it, but I don't think you could catch that Marowak ghost in the first game, either.
your theory aint half bad,one problem:pokemon is a cartoon,most cartoons have some kind of useful/wacky invention at SOMETIME in their many seasons.Even if it is a villans,it is probably still useful.(even if the villans suck too much to get an indestructible one)*cough*team rocket*cough*.

That Marowak Ghost was pretty awesome...

!!! What if Marowak got a ghost/Ground evolution? Or just a ghost/ground Pokémon anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
Marowak doesnt need an evolution. I'd be happy for lots of pokémon that are already powerful to be left as they are.

A ghost/ground type would be pretty cool actually, I like some of the type combinations that we're starting to see. I like rotom for being ghost/electric although I don't want to train it.

Some more interesting combinations would be good really, but it seems some of the better combinations are kept for legendaries.

This doesn't necessarily have to with any Pokemon in specific, but does anyone think that the Trainer Customization mechanic from Pokemon Battle Revolution will be a recurrence or a one time thing?

I want to see a ground/dark Pokemon that looks like an actual mole.

Dugtrio evo.
Guy speaking in deep, dramatic, movie-starting voice: The mole that has been the root of many mysteries comes out of it's hole. And it's PURE EVIL!! Viole!

LOL ;D

Dragon/Dark...Come on...
I made one, but it's a legendary...

Shadrake
The Devastation Pokemon
Dark/Dragon type
Devastation Drive
Dragonbreath
Dragon Pulse
Taunt
In Vinnsou legend, the one who tried to destroy Vinnsou eons ago.

And for you fire-type-lusters:
Spiraze
The Spirit Pokemon
Ghost/Fire type
Blaze Barrier
Night Shade
Shadow Ball
Ember

Demerno
The Demon Pokemon
Ghost/Fire Type

I heard someone wanted a Water/Fire-type pokemon. If I may quote from The Elemental Legacies, made by PinsirKing:
196-Leviathell-Fire/Water

That guy is brilliant. BRILLIANT!!

I think multitype moves would be a somewhat complex but neat addition to the series. Granted, there shouldn't be a whole lot, but it'd add a new way to think.

Imagine fighting a Tentacruel. Tentacruel could have an attack called Dirty Water or Poisoned Water or something. It'd be a Water/Poison type attack. This creates entire new fields of play. I could write a manual on how these things would work, but not now. You can get an idea of what it would be like - complicated, but simple to people who know how to play it. You could get huge damage modifiers - If you're fighting a dual-type Pokemon and the dual-type attack is super effective against both of the opponents types, you have an x8 damage modifier. Likewise, if both attack types aren't effective against both your opponent's types, it deals an eighth of what it should. If there's an immunity anywhere in the equation, the attack does nothing.

A few attacks like those could put a neat lil' spin on the game.

I think multitype moves would be a somewhat complex but neat addition to the series. Granted, there shouldn't be a whole lot, but it'd add a new way to think.

Then Muddy Water would be a perfect candidate for this. A water/ground type move; if a Swampert uses it, ti could get double STAB or something. It could add a unique twist. I mean at first I thought abilities were complicated but I see they are a cool addiction to the Pokemin gaming world.

^Agreed.

Some other dual-type attacks should be Blaze Kick (Fire/Fighting) and Shadow Ball (Dark/Ghost).

Some new ideas for Pokémon dual types could be a dragon/fire (ridiculously broken but cool anyway, maybe it could have junk stats), dark/psychic, ghost/psychic, and electric/psychic (yes, I have a thing going for psychics right now).

Oh, and how about new types on the starters? Like, say... Dark/psychic/fighting triangle? :/ Or maybe ground/electric/flying trio...

I think "Poluted Water" is a better name for a Water/Poison attack. Thing is, I don't think Pokemon, as they are, have enough HP to accomodate Octo-effective attacks. They'd need to get to, like, level 200 or something.

As for Marowak evolution, how about a Cubone prevolution? It could be called Tibiabop or something.

On the subject of type combinations... Water/Ghost? It could be pirate-themed!

This doesn't necessarily have to with any Pokemon in specific, but does anyone think that the Trainer Customization mechanic from Pokemon Battle Revolution will be a recurrence or a one time thing?

It will recur in Stadium games as a sure thing,since its obviously a popular feature,and somthing wanted by many in online games (which future ones will probably always be).

As for the main series,who knows.

How do you top Arceus, the god of all Pokemon? I was thinking that, if this generation has Pokemon centered around creation myth, then clearly the next level would be to have Pokemon based around apocalyptic prophecy. And thus I bring to you... The Four Horse-'mon of the A-Poke-lypse!

Pokemon: Plagoon (Plague+Dragoon)
Class: Pestilance Pokemon
Type: Poison/Dark
Appearance: An all-white horse with insect-like wings. Its head is angular, like an arrowhead.
Ability: Plague - All non-Poison Pokemon become poisoned when confronted with this Pokemon

PokeDex Entry: The first of the Four Horses. It rams opponents headlong with enough force to shatter steel.

Pokemon: Ripastanner (Respelling of Lipastanner, or however that's really spelled)
Class: War Horse Pokemon
Type: Steel/Fighting
Appearance: A red horse with black armor plates. It has a huge sword coming out of its forehead like a horn.
Ability: Dominate - If the opponent has higher stats than this Pokemon, twice the difference is added to this Pokemon's stats.

PokeDex Entry: The second of the Four Horses. Nothing can distract it from its rampage of destruction.

Pokemon: Starvallion (Starvation+Stallion)
Class: Famine Pokemon
Type: Fire/Psychic
Appearance: An all-black horse. It has scales (the weighing/balance kind) mounted on its back.
Ability: Hunger - Drains a small amount of health from a random Pokemon in battle each round.

PokeDex Entry: The third of the Four Horses. Strangely, it seems more concerned about spreading awareness of world hunger than actual destruction.

Pokemon: Hoerse (Horse+Hearse)
Class: Death Pokemon
Type: Ghost/Normal
Appearance: A pale-green horse with black splotches, kinda like a zombie. Has a long blade on its head like a scythe.
Ability: Guard Breaker - Disables all "Guard" abilities and prevents the use of Protect, Detect, Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard.

PokeDex Entry: The fourth of the Four Horses. It is said to collect the souls of the dead and usher them into the hereafter.

I used the actual Four Horsemen as a reference, but since I'm too lazy to try and find them in the Bible I looked it up in the Pocket Guide to the Apopcalypse. It wasn't particularly descriptive, and it didn't say which one was War and which one was Pestilence, but at least it gave the colors of the horses. It's also why Starvallion wants to spread awareness of world hunger. According to the Pocket Guide, "[Famine] carries a scale and delivers, well, a strongly worded statement about bread, barley, and olive oil. It's apparently a warning about famine, which just isn't nearly as intimidating as one would expect."

I like the gender exclusive evos introduced in this gen, maybe we could have more of those? Unlike Gardevoir they don't have to be for Pokémon that already look like one gender (hey, Glalie doesn't look particularly masculine, or feminine really). Maybe they could do that for Eevee since it had Day/Night evolutions... Like the male one could be steel or rock and the female one could be dragon or flying...

And like I said they don't need to come up with any more gender-exclusive alternates to specific-gender-looking Pokémon.

Also, I think there should be evolutions for Pinsir and Banette since Scyther and Dusclops got them. The Pinsir one could be Bug/Ground or Bug/Fighting and the Banette one could still be pure ghost but get overkill attack and special attack...

i think they should come up with a pure flying type pkmn, maybe an eeveelution that looks like a cloud in the shape of one of the evos, maybe a flareon since its pretty basic

My 2nd weird Idea for today...

A legendary Pokemon that evolves from a regular one. It's as though the evolution was bypassed millions of years ago so it stopped happening. But in the game, there's maybe a 1 in a 100 chance of you evolving it....

well, along the lines of the horse-mon of the a-poke-lypse, there would have to be a reaper-mon, as well. or maybe a hades-ish.

so, it would be ghost/fire. or ghost/steel.

and, an alternate cubone-evo would be great. i'm guessing female only, helmet-less, night happiness item, 10% success possibility evo xD

the absolute HARDEST pokemon to evolve since the games came out. and even more powerful than rampardos. and it gets thick club =D

uber to the fullest extent, but at least it's ridiculously hard to evo =D

it could be some kind of monster, or something.

water/ghost i could see....pirate

it could be a jack sparrow clone xD

I'm sure this'd be a bad move, and someone probably mentioned it already, but what about a Frustration evolution? I mean, you've got Pokemon that evolve when they're sufficiently happy, so, logically, there must be Pokemon that evolve when sufficiently unhappy. You already have Frustration, a move that takes advantage of a Pokemon's mistreatment, and an evolution along those same lines would seem like the next step. To be fair, I would also give the same Pokemon a proper happiness evolution. And it probably wouldn't be very cute.

That reminds me of Feebas. Why should it be the only thing that evolves based on its Condition? How about something that evolves from Toughness, or Coolness?

I'm sure this'd be a bad move, and someone probably mentioned it already, but what about a Frustration evolution?

I dunno... isn't it true that a pokemon becomes happier the longer your with it? And, how would you make it unhappy. Aha! They could make a function like a massage gone bad that makes them angrier with you, or something like that.

I came up with a Dark/Psychic that someone requested, but it is a legend :-\. Well if you think of a dark angel,... oops... don't you think of a legendary?

Decangel
The Deception Pokemon
Dark/Psychic

AL

I'd love a helmetless Cubone evo... Although I'd be way to lazy to level it up with a 10% chance of evolving it. >_> Meh, maybe it could be like... Ground/Fighting; a new typing, and it would keep her from being uber.

And the Frustration evo is a good idea. I'd like to see that applied to Eevee, and a day/night of that to go along with Umbreon and Espeon. Maybe the night one could be ghost and the day one could be fighting...

Oh, and how about a Normal Eeveelution? With a Moon Stone?

Name: Burice
Type: Fire/Ice
Description: Burice is a prehistoric pokemon. It was a fire pokemon, frozen in the last ice age. It has a body like Regice, only shaped like a humanoid. It has horns on its head, a pointed tail, and claws all covered in ice as well. All you can see underneath the ice is a dark figure of what it used to be. There are very small holes in the air where it vents fire. The ice on it's body never melts.
Ability: Burn Breaker. Since his exterior is ice, he cannot be burned.

I'd make a picture if my drawings didn't suck.

I dunno... isn't it true that a pokemon becomes happier the longer your with it? And, how would you make it unhappy.

There are ways. Otherwise, Frustration wouldn't work. If I'm not mistaken, it involves making/letting your Pokemon suffer. It's happiness goes down a little if it gets knocked out or gains some status condition that isn't alleviated for a long time. Using harsh herbal medicines like Energyrootpowder will also make them mad at you. Generally, though, it can be easily regained through normal activity. It's actually easier to make Pokemon happy than to make them upset.

Kangaskhan's pre-evolution. I wonder why it hasn't been done. Theyve just made evolutions for pokemons that dont need them. And they really should make "better" starters imo. And no ripoffs from previous pokemons like pachirisu is.

Every generation needs a pika-clone, it just makes kiddies happy...

I've stated loads about the Kangaskhan baby, however I have thought about it recently, there is a chance its being retained as unobtainable due to the fact it isn't fully developed as it is a marsupial, so Im guessing when they actually adress this fact on the Anime we may see a baby kangaskhan emerge from its mothers pouch and then evolve to a normal kangaskhan... Although personally I'd love to have it available as a trainable pokémon =)

I don't think the frustration thing would go down well...Some little kid (who thinks animals = Pokemon) will try neglecting his dog trying to make it evolve. ::) I'm pretty sure that won't go down well with parents.

Yeah...anyways...I always wanted an Electric/Bug. It could have static going through its antennae! And a Ground/Fire could be a fire mole. Then it could have a split evo where it can evolve into a Dark/Fire or stay its typing. And of course a Pegasus, the evo of Rapidash (Fire/Flying). A Fire/Ice type could be some ice-cubey thing with a fire inside of it or fire made out of ice....That'd actually be cool. And a Ghost/Psychic. Can you believe there isn't one yet? Oh, and an Ice/Electric, I seriously thought that Pachisiru was Ice/Electric. :p

We could use more kitties. I always thought the Johto trio were cats but they're probably just beasts. A cute fluffy dark cat perhaps?

I think there are plenty of feline Pokemon. It's just that most of them are purely Normal-types. The only one I can think of that has an element is the Shinx line. Canines get all kinds of elements, especially thanks to the prolific Eeveelutions. There needs to be more elemental cats to balance it out.

My idea is that the starter pokemon types be replaced.

Ideas would be:
Psychic, Fighting and Dark.
Electric, Water, Ground.
ETC.

I also think ground should be weak against flying. I like ground pokemon, but they can't hit flying in the majority, and technically should be weak against them. (A soaring bird should take out a ground pokemon, they do to grass!)

Also the abolishment of Normal AND Flying. Why not just flying!? Flying is like normal with wings.... there's no need for normal as well!

Also more dark pokemon, especially ones that have 2 further evolutions!

More COOL-looking dragons, or cross type dragons, such as ICE and dragon... now THAT would be awesome! Ooh! And a dark dragon too!

There should also be an item that can turn certain pokemon into dark by tempting them with darkness... All this would do is make their colour darker/black and make their secondary type dark, with a few dark moves. That'd be cooool. :D

And my last idea: Some sort of new type that can take out ice or dark or something... Man, I hate ice...

EDIT: A reply to RLRL. Perhaps when a female/random chance kangaskhan is caught, it carries a baby, that after time, becomes ANOTHER kangaskhan, and also when you breed kangaskhan, the baby has to stay with a normal kangaskhan, and gains xP with it's parent untill like lvl 16 or something.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
My idea is that the starter pokemon types be replaced.

Ideas would be:
Psychic, Fighting and Dark.
Electric, Water, Ground.
ETC.

I also think ground should be weak against flying. I like ground pokemon, but they can't hit flying in the majority, and technically should be weak against them. (A soaring bird should take out a ground pokemon, they do to grass!)

Also the abolishment of Normal AND Flying. Why not just flying!? Flying is like normal with wings.... there's no need for normal as well!

Also more dark pokemon, especially ones that have 2 further evolutions!

More COOL-looking dragons, or cross type dragons, such as ICE and dragon... now THAT would be awesome! Ooh! And a dark dragon too!

There should also be an item that can turn certain pokemon into dark by tempting them with darkness... All this would do is make their colour darker/black and make their secondary type dark, with a few dark moves. That'd be cooool. :D

And my last idea: Some sort of new type that can take out ice or dark or something... Man, I hate ice...

EDIT: A reply to RLRL. Perhaps when a female/random chance kangaskhan is caught, it carries a baby, that after time, becomes ANOTHER kangaskhan, and also when you breed kangaskhan, the baby has to stay with a normal kangaskhan, and gains xP with it's parent untill like lvl 16 or something.

1) They wont remove the Fire/Water/Grass starters because it's tradition now. End of.

2) I quite like the Dragons being 4x weak against a type because, that way, they aren't impossible to defeat. I mean, don't get me wrong, if I don't have an ice pokemon I don't usually struggle against them, but it does come in handy for people who do. The Dragon pokemon are generally just tough anyway, there's no need to make them any harder to beat with type combinations such is Ice/Dragon or Dark/Dragon or whatever.

3) Fire, Fighting, Rock and Steel can take out Ice. Isn't that enough? o.O

4) That Kangaskhan idea sounds needlessly complicated o.O

1) They wont remove the Fire/Water/Grass starters because it's tradition now. End of.

2) I quite like the Dragons being 4x weak against a type because, that way, they aren't impossible to defeat. I mean, don't get me wrong, if I don't have an ice pokemon I don't usually struggle against them, but it does come in handy for people who do. The Dragon pokemon are generally just tough anyway, there's no need to make them any harder to beat with type combinations such is Ice/Dragon or Dark/Dragon or whatever.

3) Fire, Fighting, Rock and Steel can take out Ice. Isn't that enough? o.O

4) That Kangaskhan idea sounds needlessly complicated o.O

1) Fair enough.

2) Just becuase it's not 4x s.e? It's hard to take steel down, even harder when a pokemon is a dual-steel type. In my opinion a dark/ice dragon would be cool, perhaps have weak sp.def to compensate, idk. There are much stronger dual types, anyway... Steel and Dragon for example!

3. Not enough. XD This was just a dig at my hate for ice, dark needs another type to take it imo, and it'd help ME if there was enother one for ice. Again, just ideas!

4. There much much MUCH more complicated issues in the world of pokemon, this'd just add a little fun...

These are just my thoughts, why are you intent on flaming them down...