• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ideas on Generation V Pokemon

P

Pikachu_Master

Several of the Pokemon are in dire need of evo's

Pokemon:
Parchuisi
Carnivine
Swellow (Make it like Pidgey and Starly)

A Ghost/Ice type might be interesting. It'd be like that vampiric cloud from the original Star Trek, but it freezes them instead of sucking out their plasma.

Is that too old a reference for you kids?

A Ghost/Ice type might be interesting. It'd be like that vampiric cloud from the original Star Trek, but it freezes them instead of sucking out their plasma.

Is that too old a reference for you kids?
Froslass. ^^ It's Ghost/Ice.

I'd like more Fire types, poor babies are severly outnumbered by Water and Grass. T^T​

[quote name='Spriteon]I'd like more Fire types' date=' poor babies are severly outnumbered by Water and Grass. T^T[/quote']

I think it's good that there are lots of Water-types. (I loves them. =3) Water-types can put out fires, and I don't know why there are some many Grass-types out there. Hmm I wonder...(But there still should be more Fire-types.)

Think about it being representative of the real world...

2/3 of the world is covered in water, if the pokémon world is also 2/3 water there will be one hell of a lot of types of water pokémon.
Fire on the other hand, the only real fire places on the planet are around volcanos, meaning there will be severely fewer fire types.
There are lots of grass types to link in with all the forests in the world, the same goes with bugs.
Ground and rock types are found around deserts.
Ice types are obviously found around mountain ranges, etc etc

Its a bit of a shame there are so few fire types though, although it really does make sense to a certain degree. Id like to see another water/grass type such as a tree frog as this would be representative for a rain forest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking Dunsparce seriously needs an evolution. Like, it has fully developed, working wings, and it can dig really well. Maybe even an in-between that and Dunsparce that can barely fly and its digging is fairly good. I mean really, Dunsparce is super ignored. Before D/P, I was hoping for a Steel/Dragon, but unfortunately it came with a legendary, which I try to restrict myself from using because they make me feel weak. Anyways, maybe, I don't know, finally a freakin' dolphin! I mean, come on, Pokemon has some fairly wierd Pokemon, but most popular animals are Pokemon, so what happened to dolphins? OK, sorry for the rant. And as for Fire types, we should have more. This thread already has the rest of my ideas, though.

i say: ice dragon! i've already tried to get one out of most of the spriters, but soon after i made the request they shot it down, saying it's too hard to make a fakemon sprite from scratch. i say, sketch out the idea on paper, and then make the sprite.

i'm thinking its only 2 weaknesses would be fighting and dragon, making it far different from the flying dragons/ground dragons, which are 4x weak to ice, and just weak to other dragons. it's so frustrating! even if they're versatile in any other means, they need something different, and the ice/dragon would be it.

that is clever. but alas, we have enough water types >>

we need fewer water types and grass types, and more fire and better dark types. and mightyena needs an evo, its stats are crap.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
(drops a mallet on TPL) DO NOT mock my grass-types, 'foo.

We need more USEFUL grass types. There's a lot of useless grass-types, unfortunately. Grass-types have been getting the short end of the stick for WAY too long, and I personally LIKE the general shift in Sinnoh which allowed for less random water types and created more useful moves for previously ever-shafted types like Grass.

Now what we need is more decent grass types. Because really, the only non-starter grass types that are really useful are Breloom, Tropius, Roserade, Carnivine, Abomasnow and Leafeon. That's 6 out of quite a few. And you have to agree with me that Tropius has speed issues, and both Breloom and Abomasnow suffer from an x4 weakness.

It's true that there's a shortage of fire-types. But that wouldn't be that much of a problem if more of the fire types already released would have been more globally widespread (as far as the PokéMon world goes). Seriously. I think people are complaining about the lack of fire types only because Sinnoh only has wild fire-horses.

Regarding dark types, there's more than enough decent dark-types. Hello? Houndoom? Tyranitar? Honchkrow? Absol? Mightyena's stats are the way they are because it's an early-game horrendously-common PokéMon, much in the manner of Rattatas, Sentrets, Zigzagoons and Bidoofs. I like Mightyena as it is. I may not train one in-game, but at least if it doesn't evolve it doesn't have a chance to mutate into a balloon animal werewolf with gun-arms and a demented expression. I'm looking at YOU, latest wave of Evolutions. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
actually, victreebel is pretty useful, if trained right. but, no one uses it anyways. (that makes lucky 7 =])and on that note, tropius has a 4x weakness too (ice). and, on that note, a werewolf-mightyena would be pretty sick. as far as fire types go, the reason i'm complaining is that there's only 5 of them in the entire sinnoh dex, 3 of which are starters and 2 of which are not new in the least. so in essence, the only new fire types are magmortar and the chimchar line. that's 4/108. and 17 times that isn't even close to 108. brb, i'll post the ratios of all pokemon types in an edit.

edit:
44/493 bug.
23/493 dark.
19/493 dragon.
28/493 electric.
25/493 fight.
34/493 fire.
(more flying types than i'm willing to count)
18/493 ghost.
and as far as grass types go, i'm only going to list the useful ones not already mentioned: cacturne, shiftry, ludicolo is a good annoyer, sunflora has good sp atk but mediocre stats otherwise, jumpluff would make a great annoyer, vileplume has decent stats, tangrowth has good stats aside from sp def and speed, exeggutor has good atk/sp atk...

go figure. the grass types, that you so dearly love, almost all have good attack stats. they have some issues with speed and balance, but then again....they're plants. i don't expect them to move too quickly.

48/493 ground.
22/493 ice.
(normal, i won't even delve into.)
52/493 poison.
57/493 psychic
37/493 rock
26/493 steel.
and, again, over 70 water types. just a note: i counted many pokemon twice in order for this to work, so....just decide, darn you

I think that Illumise and Volbeat should each have an evolved form. However, my thoughts on what they would look aren't really clear. The only ideas I have are the names (Kindelmise and Zapbeat) and there types (Kindelmise would be Bug/Fire and Zapbeat would be Bug/Electric).

I would love to see an Ice Dragon, (Or just a plain Dragon) and a Flying/Fighting type... Oh, and a light type, since they havent made any new types since G/S (Light, Strong against: Dark, Psychic. Weak against: Dark, Steel. resistant to: Fire, Dragons. What resists it: Grass, Fighting, Other lights. What are immune to it: Steel

I would love to see an Ice Dragon, (Or just a plain Dragon) and a Flying/Fighting type... Oh, and a light type, since they havent made any new types since G/S (Light, Strong against: Dark, Psychic. Weak against: Dark, Steel. resistant to: Fire, Dragons. What resists it: Grass, Fighting, Other lights. What are immune to it: Steel

amen to most of that, but the listings were...unclear. it's strong against and weak against dark? are we talking about the moves or the pokemon, here?

enh, i'd like to see....a demented evil mightyena evo. it would own.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
it's strong against and weak against dark? are we talking about the moves or the pokemon, here?

I understand what he meant. It'd be like Dragon-types, which somewhat makes sense. I don't think a Light-type is necessary really (Dark-types were invented because gen 1 Psychic-types were godmoders), but hey... wouldn't complain.

P

Pikachu_Master

They should give an evo to Pikachu beacuse maybe he can have a special sweeper evo and a physical sweeper evo. That's what I think

Carnivine needs to evolve. And I don't particularly care what it evolves into. I'd like to see and Dark and Fighting type or a Dark and Ground types. And more fire types please. When I first saw Luxray, I was sure it was Electric and Dark. It just looked the part. But I was wrong. I think a Pokemon of that type would be, like, totally hot.

I really hope there are fewer legendaries in the next generation. Seriously, they went berserk in the 4th gen. Thirteen?! In one generation?!!! Are you kidding me? There should only be five or less in the 5th gen.

And for the record, Sceptile is the greatest of the grass starters and grass Pokemon. Period.

What the need to do is to have combo moves
like a hyper beam followed by flamethrower
and it makes a combo move which does more damage and can affect Pokemon differently
there of course would be set combos that you could perform
and the player would have to discover them for themselves

Maybe ther should be a Poison/Steel type pokemon.... I dunno, a metallic scorpion or a porcupine with metallic needles that secrete poison? :p And just a thought, maybe they should make more Eeveelutions for the other remaining types.

Bug: A fox thing that has antenna and butterfly wings.
Ghost: A translucent wolf thing with golden eyes and small blue will-o-the-wisps surrounding it.
Fighting: Haven't thought about this yet...
Steel: A cyborg feline thing that has a cannon on it's back.
Flying: A sky blue fox thing with four wings on it's back, ears shaped like wings and feet covered in clouds.
Poison: A really smelly yet cool-looking Eevee.
Dragon: A hybrid between a dragon thing and a fox thing. Or a wolf with scales.
Rock: No idea. Um... a gigantic dinosaur-feline hybrid with armored rock plates?
Ground: A cross between a Diglett and an Eevee.

To an earlier part in the thread...isn't a fire genie called an ifrit?

As for this...I'd like to see a typeless pokemon,that takes all the types of the enemy it fights (unlike porygon which copies 1 with abilities,and Kecleon which is based on last attack)

I'd like to see more fire types too...as well as somthing that makes them DEADLY

what i mean by this...is theres so many powerful water types,that fire types just get overwhelmed in comparison.Fire needs a type that can take water and not get completly beat up.Perhaps one that can learn calm mind and has good special defense?

Also,maybe a fire/water type?Som1 said fire/ice earlier...fire/water would = Gas-like pokemon ^^,could have levitate or somthing too,making it a really hard to kill fire user.

Fly/Fighting: Something with a body type similar to Lucario, wings and a gryphon(sp?) face.

see nem review: cooster.

( i believe nem review 3rd gen)

a fire/water type would be interesting, but how would it look without being a gaseous life form? we have one gastly, and we don't need any more.

a fire/water type would be interesting, but how would it look without being a gaseous life form? we have one gastly, and we don't need any more.

Gastly looks more like u'd think a ghost would look like.if it was gas it would probably have hard to notice features,or would take forms through its gas look.It could also have transform perhaps in that sense.

Gastly looks more like u'd think a ghost would look like.if it was gas it would probably have hard to notice features,or would take forms through its gas look.It could also have transform perhaps in that sense.

we have enough pokemon with transform, too >_>

hmm...maybe a ditto evo? maybe from transforming into a certain pokemon?

i.e. it can transform into that certain poke, but it can't come back the way it was completely because of the fragility of the other pokemon's DNA?

we have enough pokemon with transform, too >_>

hmm...maybe a ditto evo? maybe from transforming into a certain pokemon?

i.e. it can transform into that certain poke, but it can't come back the way it was completely because of the fragility of the other pokemon's DNA?

Theres actually not many pokemon with the transform power...And i can see a ditto evolution getting abused like that,if theres a single glitch people will try to get legendaries or missingno's

Theres actually not many pokemon with the transform power...And i can see a ditto evolution getting abused like that,if theres a single glitch people will try to get legendaries or missingno's

i realize that only 2 *scratch that* 3 pokemon can learn transform, and they are ditto, mew, and smeargle, but that's my point. if more than those 3 pokemon learned transform, said pokemon would be able to breed with anything, and not themselves. and we already have one poke-whore, and that's ditto.

enough said.

okay, maybe not. i can understand where you're coming from with the glitches, but let's just assume Gamefreak knows how to do it. i mean, they made it so that mantyke can evolve into mantine if you have a remoraid with you, so can't they make it so that if ditto transforms into a certain pokemon, it can evolve too?

i realize that only 2 *scratch that* 3 pokemon can learn transform, and they are ditto, mew, and smeargle, but that's my point. if more than those 3 pokemon learned transform, said pokemon would be able to breed with anything, and not themselves. and we already have one poke-whore, and that's ditto.

enough said.

okay, maybe not. i can understand where you're coming from with the glitches, but let's just assume Gamefreak knows how to do it. i mean, they made it so that mantyke can evolve into mantine if you have a remoraid with you, so can't they make it so that if ditto transforms into a certain pokemon, it can evolve too?

The one difference is that this pokemon would be a gas that just looks like the pokemon.I guess under that sense it couldnt exactly do transform anyway,perhaps some new move based on deception?

And under that aspect,you'd have to ban ditto from competive battle,since this would mean a player could just stock up on ditto and use it to get whatever legendary's it wanted by battling

Sure its the same type combo (reversed) but it looks nothing like what i'm thinking of

P

Pikachu_Master

Data for Pikachu's evo's (I made this up)

Pikaking (Electric/Rock)

HT: 3'9"
WT: 120 lbs
King Mouse Pokemon

During evolution, part of it's skull molded into a crown, giving it a king-like appearance. It's body is incased in a giant Golem shell

Evolves from a MALE Pikachu with a Moon Stone

Angelchu (Electric/Flying)

HT: 4'5"
WT: 23 lbs
Angel Mouse Pokemon

This Pokemon is said to be the Pokemon of Heaven. It has been depicted in many paintings and drawlings

Evolves from a FEMALE Pikachu with a Light Stone

Dolphin Pokemon sounds good, it can be a psychic/water type. And I think Raichu is too masculine, so why not an alternate female pikachu evolution?

Oh, oh and a Ghost/Steel type, that'd be awesome ;D

Dolphin Pokemon sounds good, it can be a psychic/water type. And I think Raichu is too masculine, so why not an alternate female pikachu evolution?

Oh, oh and a Ghost/Steel type, that'd be awesome ;D

...My Raichu's female...i thought they could be either cute or cool due to their design... >.>