• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ideal Ash Team

Blah, stupid topic but I'm bored.

Basically, choose six Pokemon Ash owns right now (as in ones he hasn't released) and make a team for Ash.

For me it'd be:

-Pikachu. Duh.

-Noctowl. Because everyone should have at least one shiny Pokemon, and owls are cool.

-Squirtle. Squirtles are just cool.

-Snorlax. Because he is gigantic.

-Cyndaquil, because Charizard's a douche and I don't like Chimchars.

-Bayleef, because then maybe it'd evolve into a Meganium.

My team may not be the best in the world, but whatever :p

Ash needs to bring Bayleef with him to the next region.

As far as balanced teams go Pikachu is an obvious choice. I'd pick Sceptile as he is more befitting of Ash's 'Sweeper' battle style. Corphish and Buizel are neat, but Squirtle and Kingler have the upper hand by learning more powerful (albeit time-consuming) attacks like Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam and Skull Bash. Actually, heck, I'd still go with Buizel as his Water type. As far as Fire types go, Charizard, as ridiculously overpowered as it is, is still the best choice between Ash's current picks for Fire types. (GAH FIRE TURTLE DIE D:

*Tries to remember all of Ash's Pokemon

Sceptile (like you didn't see it coming) or Bayleef. Both are pretty win.
Snorlax
Glalie
Kingler
Noctowl
Torkoal

This team is partially based on balance and partially based on bias. I don't like Pikachu so he's not on the team. I adore Sceptile to pieces but Bayleef is adorable and strong. Snorlax is just a powerhouse and can offer Ash a variety of attacks to choose from. Glalie I picked because I just really like it. Ice maybe worth crap on defense but that's never stopped Ash. Kingler because I remember it being pretty powerful. Totodile is cute though, but I'm not fond of Buizel and I have yet to accept it as one of Ash's Pokemon. Noctowl really served Ash's team well with its Psychic attacks and the shininess just looks cool. Torkoal

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Sceptile
Charizard
Buizel
Noctowl
Snorlax
Pikachu

Sceptile is one of my all time favourite Pokemon, so he has to be on there. Charizard too will always have a place in my heart, since he held the title of 'My Favourite Pokemon' until Manectric came along. Floatzel is another favourite, so Buizel is staying. I always remember liking Ash's Noctowl, with it's attacks and shininess. Also, I never watched the anime after the start of Johto, so I don't really know what Swellow or Staraptor are like. Snorlax for the fun of it, I liked him and he made me smile. He's a powerful bugger too. Pikachu's on there not because I like him, but because I can't ever see Ash not including him on his team.

Pikachu
Swellow
Buizel
Cyndaquil
Heracross
Gliscor/Tauros

Pikachu is obvious. It kind of has to be there.
Swellow, cause Swellows are swicked, and personally, Swellow is one of the best Flying-types. If only it learned Facade, it'd be a beast.
Buizel, cause the weasel rocks the world with Water Pulse a-la Aura Sphere style.
Cyndaquil was always one of my favourite Fire-types. Loved the suspense it created in gym battles. Sometimes.
Heracross is amazing. Its constant antagonizing of Grass-types for their nectar is hilarious.
And Gliscor and Tauros are there for filler mostly. Since really, a team of 5 is more ideal than 6 in my thoughts.

Pikachu
Tauros or Snorlax
Charizard
Squirtle or Totodile
Primape
Bulbasaur
Pikachu is Ash's best bud of course. Snorlax and Tauros are my favorite heavywieghts (of Ash's). Charizard...because its Charizard. Squirtle and Totodile have always been my favoirte water starters, and if one of them goes back with Ahs, maybe at least Totodile will evolve. Primape because I miss it getting P.O.ed at Ash all the time. LOL. And lastly, who didn't like Bulbasaur?

He is a my ideal Ash's team based upon what my favourite Pokemon that he has, its not exactly balanced nor is it his strongest Pokemon but i like them.

Totodile - my favourite of all of Ash's Pokemon
Muk -
Donphan
Heracross
Gliscor
Snorlax

He is a more balanced team with his stronger Pokemon in my humble opinion.

pikachu - duh
Charizard - Been his powerhouse since it started to obey him
Sceptile - the advance series powerhouse
Kingler - his only fully evolved water Pokemon
Donphan - helps balance the team
snorlax - Big fella helps out whenever needed (when he is awake that is )

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Gonna do what Lord Feraligatr did - post both a favourite and strongest/balanced list.

As for favourites:

Pikachu
Charizard
Bulbasaur
Buizel/Squirtle
Pidgeot/Swellow
Gliscor/Heracross/Snorlax

I can't see Ash without Pikachu. I just can't. As for Charizard and Bulbasaur, it's both due to bias and the simple fact that I loved them both. Ash's Bulbasaur was awesome in ways Sceptile wasn't, and Charizard is Charizard. It might be overrated, but it earned the title. The Pidgeot is wishful thinking, so Swellow would be the more realistic pick. Buizel and Squirtle are both awesome and I love them both for the roles they've played. Then the last three... I really can't decide. I'm leaning towards Gliscor because it seems to have a lot of untapped potential.

As for power/balance...

Pikachu
Charizard
Sceptile
Snorlax
Lapras
Heracross

Lapras could be replaced with Squirtle, though - I do feel Squirtle outclasses Buizel power-wise. I didn't use any of his early birds here because Charizard is also a Flying-type. So, yeah. There ya go.

There's always the chance Ash will not use Pikachu in teams though, especially when it comes to the Sinnoh league... My ideal team for him would probably be

- Donphan
- Sceptile
- Glalie
- Cyndaquil
- Heracross
- Kingler

Honestly, I'm bored of everyone going on about Charizard and that lame-ass monkey! Cyndaquil is just awesome, true it had a rocky start, but its still a cool pokémon and I'd love to see it evolve into Quilava!
Donphan I think is a great pokémon, such a good addition to ash's team, predictable that phanpy would evolve but whatever.
Sceptile, ok I was gutted grovyle evolved, but its just a cool powerhouse, i'd love to put bayleaf in its place, but I just love how fast it is, and leaf blade is so much better than razor leaf and vine whip. Plus bayleaf's anime voice bugged me.
Glalie was just a quality pokémon, nuff said.
Heracross was completely overused for nearly the entire time it was on Ash's team, but since then its been mostly ignored and with its new 4th gen toys I'd love to see it used well!
Kingler.... I'll admit, I thought about going retro with squirtle, but its one of the only pokémon ash has that's ever won a match on its own! I hate how the anime writers make so many matches seem more difficult than they should have been for Ash, Kingler aside from having funny sound effects with its skuttling is also such a good pokémon that just doesn't get enough airtime in the slightest!

Go on, tell me how much you hate what I've said... ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit that Charizard is a brilliant pokémon, and in sheer power its obviously stronger than Cyndaquil. But I'd still LOVE to see it get used and evolve to quilava, apart from possibly the next spin off series I don't see it happening though.

Until Chimchar evolves to monferno and stops being a whiney little bastard I don't think I'll like it. I'm just not a flame-monkey fan. Granted, for stealing Cyndaquil's limelight and getting to evolve I'm already biased against it.

Wierd how I hate how whiney Chimchar is, but I'm so biased towards Torkoal who pretty much only showed emotion through crying... At least torkoal could use overheat, not scratch!

Last edited by a moderator: