• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Idea for new forum titles / member ranks

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
At the moment, the member ranks are:
0-50: Newbie
50-75: Trainer
76-150: Skillz0r'd
151-300: Master
300-500: Hercules
500-1000: God
1000-2000: Pwnz0r3
2000+: Get off the bloody computer & get a life

But these don't have much to do with Pokemon. I mean, Hercules? Naaah ;). So I was thinking about possible new member ranks that'd be more relevant.

How about:
0-50: Newbie
50-75: Rookie Trainer
76-150: Average Trainer
151-299: Awesome Trainer
300-499: Gym Leader
500-999: Elite Four
1000-1999: Pokémon Master
2000+: PokéGod

I'm figuring that a Pokémon Master is able to beat any Gym Leader or Elite Four member, anyway ;).

If you don't like Newbie followed by three levels of Trainer, you could lose one of the Trainer levels, go straight to Gym Leader, and have Pokémon Professor after Master & before PokéGod. Or you could add another level so there's a 1000-1499 level, or something...

'Tis just a suggestion, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
im not sure if that would be such a good idea because that would mean that there would have to be another entire group of rankings for the people who would prefer being coordinators over trainers

reply: i guess so, but still, i like it the way it is and i dont think it should change. i mean, its not all pokemon, theres misc. discution(sp), debate (not entirely pokemon related), and that video games section (along with the non pokemon related drawings and sprites, and RPs) People could come only for those types of things, and not be that interested in pokemon...though its not likely

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The way I see it, the current ranking titles reflect the original motto and feel to Pokecharms. They kinda fit the place in a way, or at least the way the place used to be. I also enjoy my current rank far too much to lose XD

I like the suggestions, but I personally would rather just keep things as they are now ^^;

I have to admit, I kinda like them the way they are now, too.

Mostly because every other Pokemon board out there uses the post count = trainer skill idea. It's nice to see something fresh.