• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join I wanna be (one of) the very best!

Possibly, I'm in no rush and I feel like an introduction with a battle might be Tony's most efficient way of showing himself. I barely have any other good way to introduce him other than just standing/walking around with a bored look on his face with Zoroark (Whom will always remain out of her Pokeball).

I'll make my post sometime tomorrow, it's late for me and I'm busy tomorrow morning.

Ok I have a question, do you think it might be ok for Jessi to have a companion pokemon that is not her main six. I want Togepi to remain a Togepi throughout the RP. I do not want her to evolve at all. Would it be ok for her to have Star traveling with her, but not be apart of her battling team?

Also @Mango137, do you think Jessi could know of Acacia, and maybe have done a few pictures of him and his pokemon battling, but does not recognize him until later on in the RP?

@EmoKitty21
It’s totally fine even if she recognizes him right away. It would make sense that a photographer from Kanto would recognize a winner of their league tournament. I only included his desire not to be recognized as a character trait, revealing he is slightly timid. It is not actually something I am against being referenced in the rp.

I am glad you are on board with it. I mean I love the evolution line for togepi, but I just love the cuteness of the egg pokemon. Besides when Misty got her Togepi I just fell in love with them.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
This looks marvelous! I made a character I think will fit in just swimmingly.

Name: Brett Chamberlain
Height: 5'6
Orientation: Straight

Appearance: Brett wears a normal ranger wardrobe, though with a few stains and rugged features displaying his hard work. He has blue eyes and light blonde hair, in a 'modern' looking haircut. He has an average musculature, nothing special or exaggerated. His eyes are always fixed on something off scene. His three PokeBalls are on his belt, though one is a Nest Ball.

Personality: Brett is a skeptical person. He likes to figure things out for himself rather than being taught. It has developed into a somewhat stubborn personality, though making him more bold. He cares deeply about others, perhaps too much. He usually wants to make people think that he is 'cool' or 'groovy' as the fellow kids say, though his soft spot is caring for his Pokemon, which often comes up. He cares deeply about his Pokemon, but shows little empathy towards the oppositions'.

Pokemon:
Name: Breloom
Species: Breloom
Personality: Breloom is quite arrogant and likes to show off during battles. Most of the time, it is seen preventing Brett from doing daft decisions. It is Brett's closest ally, and they share a bond (not battle bond thats overrated) that is quite unique to the both of them.

Name: Cirrus
Species: Swablu
Personality: Cirrus is a gift from Fortree City's very own Wionna. It is very stubborn and only listens to females for an odd reason. It likes to sit on Brett's head like a hat.

Name: Klaus, though everyone just says Claws
Species: Armaldo
Personality: Claws is a rather stone cold Pokemon and really likes to battle. It feels more comfortable around Brett's other Pokemon which are not here.

His three other Pokemon needed to help out at the wildlife reserve where he works for the time he is gone.

Hello, @SwiftSwoobat ! I appreciate your interest in the thread, but for the time being, it is full at 4 players. If you want to keep that character on hold, I'll be reopening spots in the case that one of the current trainers leave the story, or if I feel that the medium can handle another trainer!

If enough people become interested in this idea, I'm willing to host another congruent thread, occurring at the same time, and the two groups of trainers can face off at times, even race to collect badges and the like! I would, of course, be willing to provide the same kind of Team Code opposition as my own thread will encounter.

For the purposes of keeping the adventure alive and moving, I'd like to allow player skips, when someone doesn't respond within 12 hours. If your character doesn't respond to something another characters asks, it will mean that, in character, that person wasn't listening, and will be treated as such. In this case, characters should move on to something else, change the subject, ect, to keep the thread going.

If not responding for a long time becomes a trend with any player, they'll be given a warning first, and if it continues, they'll be asked to make a post detailing their character leaving the group, and one of the players that is currently on hold to join will be worked into the story.

This isn't targeted at anyone, and don't misunderstand: this doesn't mean if you forget to post a few times, you'll be kicked! It's a device to keep everyone interested and the thread alive! If you run into some Real Life trouble, and don't have the time to keep up with posting, just shoot the group a message here: you can take a break for a while, and come back later when you're more free to RP, no worries :D

@EmoKitty21 @Red Gallade @Mango137

It sounds like you're not extremely available for an involved RP, especially one where a big factor is going to be back and forth interaction, discussing battle strategies and facing trainers. If Tony gets into a battle, and you go to sleep/work without finishing it, the rest of us will need to wait a full 16 hours just to progress the story, and with this RP being planned to last a full Pokemon League, I don't know if I'm willing for progression to be that slow.

If you'd like, we can set up Tony be a Rival type character in the story, so that he could hop in some times and battle? Otherwise, I don't think your schedule will work for this RP, I apologize for the circumstances, and I hope there's no hard feelings. I've just seen far too many Roleplays crash and burn because of conflicting work schedules and time zones.

Before we go any further with the thread, is there anyone else who's schedule won't work well posting at least once every 12 hours? On a side note, there is now an open spot in the RP, @EeviumZ, @SwiftSwoobat, if one of you would like to grab it.

@EmoKitty21 @Mango137 @Red Gallade

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Ayyyy!

Name: Allie Silverstone
Appearance: She has long blue hair and brown eyes. She usually wears a white tank-top with faded denim shorts and black combat boots.
Personality: Bright and full of charisma, Allie is the type that you'd want to socialize with. She loves adventure and never backs down from a challenge. Even with her plusses, her main flaw is her rash ways - as she tends to get into situations she's not really prepared for.
Pokemon on Hand: Eve the Eevee (F, Adaptability), Moon the Shiny Ralts (F, Synchronize)
Other: Her sister is a famous music artist and Performer, and Allie will likely be recognizable for it.

Absolutely, Red Gallade! In fact, if you want to set Tony up as a Rival Trainer, now would be a good time: he could battle with one of the Trainers in the thread, and have a close match?

@EeviumZ I'll add you to the thread under tags: if you want to post in, soon would be a good time, as they're looking for the fourth member of the group in character.

It depends on a lot of factors, actually, I'd rather us go through and play it out. There are several ways that Tony would win, and several ways that Zeff would win. I'd say we use all three of our pokemon.

Also, that post makes perfect sense, taking into account the fact that Acacia and Jessi are still near the bench. :D

You know, actually, I think it would be spicier plot to have them interrupted at this point. If Zeff loses the the battle, there would be no reason for Tony to think of him as a Rival: but if he wins, Zoroark was already slightly weakened from battle, and it might not have the same galvanizing effect as a fresh battle. I'd like to move the plot ahead, and create some anticipation for a future battle between the two. :D Everyone okay with that?

Now to wonder what I can do on Tony’s side of the adventure away from the others. I know he wouldn’t appear much due to his rival like role, but I still think it’s appropriate to write down his progress so he doesn’t show up and miraculously has a new Pokémon.