• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS I need help!

I need help making my Lucario as powerful as it can be!

Gentle nature
Lv.49
Item:Black belt
Atk:123
Def:71
Sp.Atk:131
Sp.Def:97
Speed:99
Moves:Aura Sphere
Drain Punch
Close Combat
Focus Blast

Any suggestions.just let me know.

*Gulp*

First off. Read this:

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=3017.msg58337#msg58337

Or if not, just this:

The Basics:

3 ) Never have two attacks of the same type on one Pokemon.

If your Lucario came up against a level 1 Gastly, it'd be screwed.

If you replaced just one of the fighting moves with a move that covers your blind spots and weaknesses, then that'll VASTLY increase your Lucario's ability and power.

For example.

Aura Sphere
Psychic
Dragon Pulse
Water Pulse

That gives you a load of coverage, yet keeps your fighting type move in there too...

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
First of all, that has to be the single worst moveset I've ever seen in my entire stay here at 'Charms - four Fighting-type moves is absolutely terrible, even by beginner standards, because everyone who plays the game should know that Fighting-type moves can't damage Ghosts. Secondly, your Nature does nothing for your moveset, and thirdly, your hold item is poor as well.

Now that the rant is over, here's what my Lucario sets look like:

Lucario @ Focus Sash
252 ATK/252 SPEED/6 HP
Adamant
Inner Focus

- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

Simple physical sweeping Lucario - shouldn't really need an explaination. Swords Dance to boost your Attack stat, then sweep. Close Combat for STAB, ExtremeSpeed for anything that outspeeds you, and Shadow Claw for Ghosts that can't be hurt by either of the other two moves.

Lucario @ Choice Specs
252 SP.ATK/252 SPEED/6 HP
Inner Focus
Modest

- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Vacuum Wave

Special Lucario this time. Choice Specs grants you an extra 50% damage to your moves at the cost of restricting you to just one move until you switch out, which is why this set runs two Fighting-type moves. Even so, the two moves serve entirely different purposes - Aura Sphere gets STAB and is the best Special attack move Lucario gets due to its never-miss property. Vacuum Wave always goes first, and combined with STAB and the 50% Specs boost it will pack quite a punch for a first-strike move. Dark Pulse, again, is for Ghosts, and Dragon Pulse is there since it packs a heavy punch and hits everything bar Steel-types for at least neutral damage.

Lucario @ Expert Belt
252 ATK/252 SP.ATK/6 SPEED
Steadfast
Hasty

- Aura Sphere
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Agility

Agility Lucario - this one requires breeding unfortunately, but it is well worth it. One Agility will make you faster than almost every other Pokemon in the game. Aura Sphere is for STAB, and Earthquake and Ice Punch provide good coverage alongside Aura Sphere. The mix of physical and special attacks works well here too, since it allows Lucario to break through defensive Pokemon effectively.

This is the sort of thing you should be aiming for. The array of different offensive moves Lucario can learn is absolutely insane, so make good use of what that provides you with.