• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

I have a huge decision to make.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Yo, Shiny_Eevee here. I have a question to ask to all you Christians out there. A very big question concerning Christianity. And mods and admins, sorry about this, but I really need help in deciding for myself.

Anyways, as many can already tell through my siggy, I'm a Christian. And I want to know.... should I get baptized right now? I'm in middle school (for here, that's between ages 11-15 somewhere), but none of my friends, or any of my peers, have been baptized yet. Is it too early, or do you think it's okay to baptize right now? And yes, I do accept Jesus as my savior, Lord, God, and Father. I do surrender my all to him.

And for those of you who thinks Christianity is dopey, think again. It's not all rules and stuff. We have our freedoms, and it's our own rights to abuse them, or to actually use them. For those that abuse them (as in say all those bad words, etc.), go to hell, but us Christians, we respect our freedoms, but limit them so we can live eternally. Also, remember that bad things happen to those who do right. Jesus was a rightful man, he can do no sin, but he died on the cross. If you are righteous, and if you live in God's world, you do not live in this world, so this world hates you. So that means the world hates me, but I would rather have the world hate me and live forever in heaven than for God and heaven to hate me and for my soul to die in hell.

Yes, I preach in Pokecharms. I don't really care if you guys ban me for this. I doing right in my own little world, and in God's world. And forgive me for not writing very well in this.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Y'know, I'm getting really tired of people saying "I don't really care if you ban me for this". If you disregard your membership that much, why are you even bothering to post this here? Someone who actually cared about being part of this community wouldn't say something like that =/

But putting that aside... this sort of discussion can lead to debating for obvious reasons (though hopefully not bashing), so I'm going to move it to a more appropriate location.

well, im not sure what you are becoming so i dont really have much advice, but if you are becoming a catholic, then its not too early, seeing as me and my friends were baptized as babies

but thats just me, btw, have you asked you friends and/or family whether you should do it yet? im pretty sure that they can give more advice than some random stranger on a website can

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I've asked my parents (since I haven't seen my friends yet... I was thinking about it yesterday evening, so school was long out), but their responses were too ambiguous. As in, WAY to out-there, so much that I can't understand what their message is.

And..... I guess you can say I'm baptist, or something.... but I'm not catholic for sure. I'm protestant, that's for sure. So I don't really know.... I even asked my pastor, and even his response I can't really understand....

And... sorry, if I hurt your feelings or something, Linkachu.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
And... sorry, if I hurt your feelings or something, Linkachu.

I'm just asking a question to you and everyone else who posts that, because all it's saying to me is "this is how little I care about these forums". If you 'don't care if you're banned', you obviously don't value being here much - so why are you here at all?

Anyways, if you believe that truly in god, you should just go ahead and do it. It's your beliefs that matter, eh? People who are baptized as young children don't get to make that choice, but you know what you're doing, you want to do it, and you're willing to take the work the comes with it, so you should go for it.

Preaching aside, what exactly is stopping you? Peer pressure? Fear? Or something else entirely?

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I was baptised a few weeks after I was born, so it's never too early - and it's never too late, either, as my dad found out. ^^" If you feel it's time to be baptised, go for it, don't let anyone stop you. It's a hard decision for some, but from the looks of it I'd say you're more than ready.

And if you don't understand people's answers, especially your pastor's, don't be afraid to say so. I'm sure they'll be happy to explain themselves further. ^^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I wonder how you can say you "surrender my all to Him" when you don't even know what religion you are.

Maybe you should make the effort to find out before going into what you seem to think is a big deal? (I was christened just after I was born, so honestly I don't see the fuss - but this could just be me).

Well, I personally have no experience with organised religion, being the dirty heathen that I am, but I say go for it (I am assuming here that you are in the older extreme of the age bracket you mention). If you are indeed around 15 it's only a year or so before it's legal to go around creating other lives so hey, hopefully you should be reasonably able to decide on something as ethereal as religion.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I wonder how you can say you "surrender my all to Him" when you don't even know what religion you are.

Maybe you should make the effort to find out before going into what you seem to think is a big deal? (I was christened just after I was born, so honestly I don't see the fuss - but this could just be me).

I know what religion I'm in, I'm just not sure what denomination I'm in. I think it's baptist, though.

I know what religion I'm in, I'm just not sure what denomination I'm in. I think it's baptist, though.

I know what you mean. I've only recently found a way to define my denomination. It's like a nontraditional Baptist.

I'm going to go with everyone else and say go for it an get Baptized if you believe with all you heart. I know many, many people who didn't get Baptized until they were adults, me included. It didn't happen for me until August 18th--two days before I started college.

I'd say if thats what you believe get baptized. In fact in some religions you can make that decision as early as 9. I know thats how it was in my Mormon friend's church. I personally feel you can make the decision whenever really. The Catholics christen the children in infancy and then again after first communion (or some of them do anyways.) So go for it.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Well, I'm not Catholic. See this?
And..... I guess you can say I'm baptist, or something.... but I'm not catholic for sure. I'm protestant, that's for sure. So I don't really know....

Yeah. So, I just got baptised yesterday. The water was warm, but my feet was cold, so the water burned me. That's not really what matters, though. I felt so happy when the pastor plunged my head into the water! Not because I got wet, because I got baptised. My testimony was what was really making me unsure about my decision. You see, people at school, in my family, etc. say that I have great writing skills (though some of you guys here may not think that), but I'm somewhat... reservered, I guess you can say. I don't like to speak in front of others at all; I always end up either almost fainting or just falling apart and going to sit back down to my seat. No joke. So I was really surprised when I wasn't getting butterflies yesterday. Anyways, I got baptised, so show's over, and so is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.