• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS i got smaked down so hard, i need help...

i need help i keep losing on wifi, so i need you're guys help. note this team is already made the only changes that can be made are to the item and move sets, all other information is just in case you want to no it. P.S. i know this doesn't meet the Charms battle rules, it will never be used here.

Sceptile@Wise Glasses
Modest
EVs 6 hp/252 sp.atk/252 speed
-Move 1 Energy Ball
-Move 2 Toxic
-Move 3 dragon pulse
-Move 4 Hidden Power/ focus blast (i was hoping for fire but i got grass)

Charizard@Charti Berry
EVs 6 hp/252 sp.atk/252 speed
-Move 1 Heat Wave
-Move 2 Air Slash
-Move 3 Dragon Pluse
-Move 4 Focus Blast

Feraligatr@Wacan Berry
Impish
EVs 6 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 def
-Move 1 Waterfall
-Move 2 Ice Punch
-Move 3 Dragon Dance
-Move 4 Earthquake

Gardevoir@Salac Berry
Calm
EVs EVs 6 hp/252 sp.atk/252 sp.def
-Move 1 Psychic
-Move 2 Shadow Ball
-Move 3 Wish
-Move 4 Thuderbot

Lucario@Choice Band
Adamant
EVs 6 hp/252 atk/252 speed
-Move 1 Sky Uppercut
-Move 2 Iron Tail Extreme Speed ( though i changed that)
-Move 3 Blaze Kick
-Move 4 Shadow Claw

Garchomp@Choice Scarf
Adamant
EVs 6 hp/252 atk/252 speed
-Move 1 Outrage
-Move 2 Earthquake
-Move 3 Crunch
-Move 4 Fire Fang

P.S. i know this doesn't meet the Charms battle rules, it will never be used here.
It can be used here, as long as you specify your own rules.

Also, a quick look over showed me that you aught to replace Iron Tail with something else, it gives the same coverage as Sky Uppercut does.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
One thing of note is Feraligatr - Dragon Dance is absolutely no way enough to make up for having 0 EVs in Speed, especially on something with poor speed like Feraligatr. Impish Nature is poor combined with a sweeping moveset as well - Adamant is far superior.

Garchomp practically begs for Swords Dance somewhere - it doesn't really need the Scarf since it outspeeds a lot of things already and can take non-super effective hits very well also. Drop Crunch for Swords Dance and drop the Scarf for anything out of Persim Berry, Yache Berry or Salac Berry.

Choice Band Lucario needs Close Combat for its STAB attack. Although many don't like the defense drops that come with it, the sheer damage the move does more than makes up for it, and the defense drops become negligible on a Choice set anyway since Choice Item users tend to switch in and out a lot.

Finally, Sceptile does not want Toxic - Toxic needs to be on a set built around it, and it cannot be used as a filler move. Substitute is a brilliant choice in place of Toxic, and combined with a Petaya Berry item and Sceptile's Overgrow ability, Sceptile will become a dangerous sweeper to contend with if allowed to set up properly.

Finally, one major issue is with your team's balance - you have six sweepers and no defenders, which is suicidal against anyone who knows what they're doing. This is likely the cause of your repeated losses - consider swapping out some of your team members for more defense-oriented Pokemon.