• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Hyrule - BotW Version

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Genesis chuckled quietly. If a normal horse had kicked Reize in the face, she didn't want to think what Akmi - Tu would do if he got to close. She lay back and stared at the canopy of the bed. I can't sleep, she thought, sitting back up.

"You know, I'm not going to sleep. I'm too excited! If you guys don't need the rest, we could make it to Kakariko by the time the sun rises." The rain was now just a calm mist, and Genesis was suddenly very hyper. I gotta go see Impa, she thought. I need her opinion on what I'm doing. Even though Impa had been an over - protective parent figure, she always listened to everyone.

"Reize, do you live with family in Kakariko?" Genesis asked. She was surprised she had never thought of that.

Reize shook his head, a small tear, which he didn't notice, coming out of his eye
"They've been dead since I was 8. Mauled by a bokoblin. I try not to think about that." He realised some tears were slightly coming out, and he stopped, he didn't want to seem like a baby in front of his allies, so he looked back up, and chuckled nervously.

"That's... that's terrible, man. I'm sorry." Shoda said to Reize. He couldn't imagine what that would've been like. Going through life without parents. The Sheikah managed to catch a glimpse of Reize's tears, but seeing as Reize was trying to hide them he acted like he didn't see them. That's terrible.
"I, uh, I have to rest. I need to recover from being attacked earlier." Shoda said to Genesis. The Sheikah made his way over to one of the beds and took off his backpack, leaning it against the wall and entering the bed. Laying down, Shoda was asleep in moments. Being attacked by the Bokoblin had made him more exausted than he was willing to admit.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Genesis, feeling awkward, carefully reached out and patted Reize on the arm while Shoda went to his bed. She had never had to comfort people before, and she didn't know what to do.

"Well," she said cautiously. "I don't know if this'll make you feel better, but I never had parents. I basically skipped out on childhood. The only real family I ever had was my sister, Layla, and my horse." Like Reize, Genesis tried to clamp down on her emotions. Layla had died only three years before. Genesis had not been able to save her. Layla had wandered to far out, and she was brutally attacked by a honeyvore bear.

"Well," Genesis said shakily. "'Night, Reize." She propped herself up against the bed's headrest and stared at the canopy above. The rain stopped.

Reize sighed as his allies went to sleep, he looked out at the fields outside, and sighed, he said
"It's gonna be a busy day tomorrow, something tells me." He went into the bed, and began to sleep, somehow not snoring, and he began to dream.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
The next morning dawned bright. Genesis had stared at the others in the stable almost all night. Sleep had not come for her. She jumped from the bed and made her way to the stable. Akmi - Tu was also awake, and she carefully pulled a swift carrot from her pocket to heed the inky - black horse. Boarding Akmi - Tu was quick, and he trotted out to the pond near the stable.

Genesis peered around. Shoda wasn't waking up anytime soon, probably, and Reize would be able to guess where she was. She tugged on Akmi - Tu's reins and whispered, "Fast as you can go, Akmi - Tu!" The horse whinnied and broke into a heavy gallop. After a few minutes of wandering through the grass and pointing out wild horses, a lone grey horse caught Genesis's eye. It had a saddle, and obviously belonged to someone. It looked scared. She turned Akmi - Tu around to head back to the stable. She would have to ask if anyone recognized it.

Reize had actually woken up not long before Genesis got up, but had attempted to get back to sleep before Genesis left, he got up, and muttered
"Where is she going?" He followed, and when she turned around to go back to the stable, he muttered "Well, might as well try to get a horse." He began to sneak up on the horses, carrying an extra saddle he found the day before. He decided not to go for the grey horse, as it obviously already belonged to someone.

Shoda was the last of his friends to wake up. Looking around the stable, he noticed that neither were there. How strange... The Sheikah got up and walked out of the stable, feeling refreshed and re energized. Looking at the horses, Shoda noticed that Akmi-Tu wasn't there either. Well, at least Genesis hadn't been kidnapped in the middle of the night or something. Reize might have. But it was probably likely that they went of to go to the bathroom or something. They... they wouldn't have left him... right?

Shoda pushed the thought out of this mind, taking his bag and sitting down by the cooking pot. They'd be back soon. Shoda instead began to prepare some breakfast for the three of them, cooking some meat he had hunted as well as baking some apples. A nice, hardy breakfast.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Genesis halted Akmi - Tu near Shoda. "That smells really good," Genesis sighed, hopping off the horse and plopping down next to the cooking pot. It steamed and bubbled, and she was almost overwhelmed. It smelled amazing; she hadn't had a good meal since Layla had passed away.

"Where's Reize?" Genesis was about to ask, when a sudden shout from the fields alerted her. She whipped her head around, and laughed as she watched Reize try to get on a horse. He hadn't lied, he really wasn't very good with the animals. He should try to at least catch a spotted one, as they were much easier to tame.

"I-" Reize said while getting bounced up and down on a brown horse. "Can-""hear-"" you!" He got flung off the horse, and looked at the stable. "Ow. NOT FUNNY GENESIS!" he told Genesis, who was still laughing at him. He jumped on the horse again, this time being successful. "Haha! I got it this time!" He began to slowly ride over to the stable, struggling to keep the horse focused and balanced.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Genesis popped up gracefully - still giggling - and skipped to the stable. Reize was trying to hold on to the horse's hair, and talking to the stable attendant. "You got a horse!" she called. It was a nice - looking one as well.

The stable attendant quickly worked with the wild horse, and soon it was nicely saddled. "What're you naming it, Reize?" Genesis asked.

Shoda looked up as Genesis returned, and pulled a baked apple from the cooking pot. He tossed it to the golden eyed Hylian.
"Thanks. I figure you guys would be hungry." Shoda said. The Sheikah watched as Reize caught a horse, managing to calm it down partially. He watched as Reize rode the horse over to the stable, a little skeptical. He wasn't sure how much experience Reize had with caring for horses. Genesis looked like she was use to it, but he'd have to keep an eye on Reize and his horse. It wasn't easy to care for a horse.
"Good job." Shoda said to Reize, looking back at the food he was cooking.

Reize panicked at Genesis' question
"Um, I'm not sure actually, I'll admit that." He sighed "Man, starting to wish I actually paid attention when my parents... tried taught me how to care for a horse..." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. He didn't know what could happen, the horse could run away from him as soon as he let go of the reins, for all he knew.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Genesis carefully stroked Reize's new horse. "It won't run away," she said. She could tell Reize was worried. "Really, you can let go. It recognizes you as it's master. But you probably should name it." She chomped on the baked apple Shoda had given her - it was delightfully warm and delicious. Akmi - Tu walked up to Genesis's side and rubbed his white muzzle against her head.

"Once you become one with your horse," Genesis sad, lovingly stroking the black horse's ears, "they will always be there."

The meal Shoda was cooking finally finished, and Shoda took it off the fire. Taking another Baked Apple, he tossed it to Reize. He had to admit it... It was a very fine horse Reize had got his hands on. Shoda approached it, taking a bite of his own Baked Apple. He offered the horse a normal apple, and turned to Genesis.
"So! When are we heading out?" Shoda asked. Although it hadn't been to long since he left Kakariko Village, Shoda was looking forward to heading back to his home. It would be nice to see his family and sisters again.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
"Hmm. We should probably leave now, seeing as Reize got his hands on a horse," Genesis said thoughtfully. "I don't think anyone needs to get to Kakariko immediately, right? Reize'll have time to train his pony on the way."

"Hm.... What to name you, what to name you..." Reize said after catching the apple and eating it. " Hm, how about Arion?" The horse neighed in approval. "Arion it is, then!" When Genesis said it was time to go, Reize smiled. "Alright, we're ready!"

Shoda grabbed his bag and ate the rest of his apple.
"Okay. I don't suppose ether of you could give me a ride?" Shoda asked. It would be quite a hassle trying to keep up with Reize and Genesis on foot, now that they both had horses. If he got back to Kakariko Village, Shoda could probably ask for a horse from his family. 'Course, he'd have to get to Kakariko Village first.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Genesis nodded. “Sure,” she said. “I don’t care too much, it’ll just be a little uncomfortable.” She quickly boarded Akmi - Tu and handed him an apple. He ate it gladly and whinnied. Genesis then turned to Shoda and motioned for him to climb up. Akmi - Tu snorted unwillingly.

"Heh, okay, we'll go on ahead, you two can catch up." Reize hopped onto Arion's back, and tugged on the reins, beginning the journey to Kakariko village, after a bit of riding, he managed to get the hang of it, and sighed "This is nice, ain't it?" He asked Arion, who replied with a neigh, implying he agreed.

With a quick hup, Shoda jumped on the back of Akmi-Tu. Now, they were off to Kakariko Village! It felt pretty nice to be riding once again, without the added dizziness of a recent head wound. Shoda heard the horse's snort, and made a mental note to get it a carrot once they got into the Village.
"Thanks." Shoda said to Genesis. The Sheikah stayed quiet as they rode, then piped up.
"So, Genesis... why did you leave Kakariko Village? Where did you go?" Shoda asked the Hylian girl.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Genesis flushed deep red. Her story was ... embarrassing. "Uhm, well, I was bored of Kakariko. The same thing, day over day. I had to play with the kids and do everything, because I was usually the oldest. It was never any fun." She stopped, deep in thought. "Layla also got hurt. She was accidentally stabbed by one of the farmers with a pitchfork. I never forgave him." Her hands clenched at just the thought of that man.

"You left... because you were bored of Kakariko?" Shoda asked skeptically. "But... but you were only eight! That's so young! At that age, I... I was still doing stupid stuff like jumping off Impa's roof."
Impa... Shoda thought about it for a second. How did Impa let an eight year old girl leave Kakariko, along with her little sister? Genesis's little sister... Shoda remembered that incident as well. It was quite the talk of the town. It was an accident, of course. Who would purposely skewer a kid with a pitchfork? At least, that's what Shoda thought. He wasn't quite sure, and couldn't exactly remember the guy who did it.
"That's pretty intense... how did you survive out here, on your own?" Shoda asked.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
"I didn't really survive..." Genesis said hesitantly. "I was a beggar. My sister and I would travel from the stables often, gathering flint and wood and selling it for any amount of rupees. We basically lived on wild mushrooms." Genesis was quiet, remembering.

"Impa was very protective. It took days to come up with an escape plan that would work. I hated Kakariko, and it was a bland, boring life. I was almost grateful for the freedom we gained, even though it was very hard... to survive." Genesis's voice got quieter and quieter. "I caught Akmi - Tu a year after I left the village. When... Layla died, he kept me in check." She smiled faintly and patted the horse's black mane, then looked over at Shoda.

Reize called back to the stable, after he made it quite a distance
"Come on, you two, we don't got all day!" He smirked, and cocked his head, with Arion whining out of boredom.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Genesis shook her head, rolled her eyes, and dug her heels into Akmi - Tu's side. The horse broke into a gallop, and they quickly caught up with Reize and Arion. "You're so impatient, Reize," Genesis laughed, slowing Akmi - Tu to a trot.

Shoda held onto Genesis as Akmi-Tu galloped along. The Sheikah reflected on the tale that Genesis told him. He couldn't understand. She left Kakariko because it was boring. Well, he could get that. But she must have been very upset about it if it made her choose that she would rather barely scrape through on survival rather than have a roof over their heads, food to eat, and a safe place to stay. And she hadn't returned. Surely, Impa had sent out people to look for Genesis after she left? Shoda had the feeling that there was more to this than met the eye, but he stayed silent. It wasn't his place to pry.
"Okay then." Shoda said to both Genesis and Reize. The Sheikah turned to Reize.
"So... you talked about how you were looking for the goddess statues, or something? Why do you think they're going to help the hero?" Shoda asked Reize.

Reize smirked as they caught up, and answered Shoda's question as honestly as he felt the need to.
"Well, I'm not entirely sure, but apparently, they should be able to power him up at certain times, allowing him to move faster for longer, or helping take more attacks from monsters." He chuckled "And Genesis, I can't say you're wrong."

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Genesis rolled her eyes. They were traveling up the hill, and she gulped. The high rock formations indicated how close they were to the village. The truth for Genesis was that, not only was she bored with the repetitive life of Kakariko, but that she felt that she never belonged there. The villagers watched her as though she was an object, just something to talk about and admire. Even after her daring escape, traveling with her beloved sister, there was nothing that called to her. No one wanted her, or cared about her.

Genesis took in a deep breath as they entered the first large entry way of Kakariko. Impa would be delighted to see her... but would Genesis be happy? And would Genesis be forced to stay? She was a traveler, and she could never "settle down."

"Heh, so this is where you two grew up? Looks a lot nicer than where I came from." Reize said, remembering his old home, it had been destroyed by the same monsters who killed his parents. The only victims being his parents. He chuckled nervously, and tried not to think about that. He looked at the village, and smiled.

"Yeah.... Good old Kakariko Village..." Shoda said. He felt Genesis tense up as they entered Kakariko, and as they slowed to a trot Shoda gradually released his grip on the girl. Looking around, he was greeted to the normal sights of Kakariko. People farming quietly. A few Sheikah talking nearby. Generally, smiles all around. Not many people noticed the three, but the ones that did smiled and waved at the teenagers. A few kids were running in the street, laughing and playing. One of the kids, a girl, stopped and stared curiously at the three travelers. Upon seeing Shoda, her eyes widened and her face lit up.
"Big brother!" The girl exclaimed joyfully, running over to Akmi-Tu.
"Hey sis!" Shoda said, smiling back at his little sister.
"You're back! And so soon! I knew you'd come back! It really scared mom and dad when Pisces came back yesterday without you on it, but I knew you were okay." The girl said. Shoda gave a little nervous laugh. He really hadn't meant to come back so soon... The girl turned her attention from Shoda to Genesis and Reize.
"Whoa... who are these people?" The girl asked, walking along Genesis' horse.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
"Hello," Genesis said shyly to the little girl. She looked down at the farmers and felt a twinge in her gut, but it passed quickly. She saw the enormous house at the edge of the small lake, and she tensed. What would she do? Impa scared her sometimes.

The girl looked up at Genesis when she said hello, and smiled.
"Hi! I'm Shenia!" The girl said.
"Shenia, this is Genesis. She's a friend of mine." Shoda said. Shenia looked at Genesis closely, and her smile seemed to grow.
"Wow... Your name's kinda weird, but you have pretty eyes!" Shenia said to Genesis. "Welcome to Kakariko Village!"
Shoda smiled down at his little sister, and the small Shiekah beamed back up.
"Oh! I know! I'm going to go get Shasia! And I'll tell Mom and Dad you're back!" Shenia said. The little girl turned and quickly ran away, and Shoda watched her go, then looked up at Impa's house.
"Don't worry. I'm sure Impa will be glad to see you." Shoda said to Genesis.

Reize smiled at the girl before she left, and asked Shoda
"Seems like your family is quite nice, isn't it?" He smirked, and looked at Genesis, he said "If this Impa cared for you before, I'm sure they'll be happy to see you." He smiled. "Just see if you can see her, and say hi. It can't be that hard." He smiled.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Genesis looked back at Reize and scowled. It was going to be that hard. She jumped off Akmi - Tu and motioned for Shoda to do the same. The path that cut through Kakariko was well - worn, and Genesis slowly walked up the dirt road. The house loomed in front of her, and she shook off her fear. It won't be that bad, she repeated in her head. It won't be that bad.

The steps were high, and Genesis paused and looked at Shoda and Reize. "I'm scared," she said quietly. Genesis was never scared.

"Why did she scowl at me?" Reize muttered quietly, and followed Genesis after jumping off Arion, he said "Well, go on then. I actually kinda want to meet this 'Impa', I must admit." He smiled, and went ahead of Genesis, he smiled, and looked at them "C'mon, don't be scared. Its just one person, right?"

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Genesis sucked in a breath and pushed open the double doors. The inside of the house was only too familiar - dark floorboards, cushions for village meetings… and a pile of those cushions supporting a short lady. Cautiously, Genesis toed into the room, and Shoda and Reize followed her. The lady looked up, and through her wrinkled skin, smiled.
“Hello, Shoda… Genesis,” she whispered. Her face broke into an enormous smile. “It’s nice to see you again, child.”
Something in the woman’s face calmed Genesis, and she whispered, “Hello, Impa.”

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Impa nodded to Shoda, and he straightened. She then turned her tired black eyes to Genesis. "Where have you been, child? I have been terrified for you."
Slowly, Genesis crouched near the old woman. "You look so much older, Gamma," she whispered. As a child, she had called Impa "Gamma," as she had treated her like a grandmother. "I was exploring. With Layla."
Impa turned her head. "Where is Layla? That child was always so mischievous." Genesis felt a lump in her throat and looked down. Sensing the tension, Impa carefully patted her gnarled hand against the Hylian's shoulder. Genesis shook her head and stood. She couldn't gather her courage.
"I need to visit the shops," she whispered, then turned and ran down the steps leading away from the door. The guards looked startled, and Genesis flew toward the small graveyard that rested at the far edge of the village. The giant tree there let her sit, and she wiped her wet eyes. Impa was so old and frail now. If she died, Genesis would have no one left. She wiped her eyes again on her sleeve.

"Um...Well, this is awkward then. Where is she going." Reize muttered quietly, he sighed after bowing respectfully just after Shoda. He didn't really know what to say to Impa, he was tempted to point out that Impa looked like she might have the history of the ancients, but didn't in case she assumed he was calling her old. The last thing he wanted was to be attacked by all the Kakariko villagers. He thought to himself Alright, just say silent unless she addresses you. That's probably the best course of action here.