• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hydrace Reality Tournament

[size=8pt]ooc| D; Holy jesuscaek. I went to a movie. A mooooovviiiiieeee. Two and a half hours.
And I think I'm nine or so posts behind x:
Snap's right, you guys do move fast.

[size=8pt]Waiting.. Waiting.. Now- no, no, someone else had started calling out. Damn.
Not quite assertive enough. And his constant hesitation was etting disapproving looks from his cousin, who had started to watch him with mild amusement.
Just when he had found a window to speak-
"Caitlyn 'Belle' Lightner of Viridian City, Kanto."
Nerts.
"You're a wench, you know that?"
"Sorry, can't hear you over the names being called out."
It took another minute for him to manage to find an opening, and taking an extra precaution this time- and by precaution, that meant slapping a hand over Belle's mouth, he called his name out very clearly.
"Angel Cale Edinburgh of Lavender Town, Kanto."
Pulling the calloused hand from her mouth, the girl grinned at her relative.
"Way to call out your name, Ace. You champion."
Initials; truly a thing from hell. His parents thought themselves to be pretty clever like that, turning them into an acronym.
"Do you ever stop talking?"
She chose to disregard his comment and instead turn to face the girl that had just joined their small company and giving a grin as she tuned into the last bit of their conversation.
By following where- Kita, was it? Where Kita had pointed, she had taken note of the stranger's clear discomfort.
Having always been comfortable with strangers, she'd never seen a reason to be uncomfortable.
But the shorter silver-haired boy..
He looked familiar.
And that growlithe had been with him too, even though at this point she'd already returned and was looking for more attention. Something Belle was happy to provide; Growlithe fur, so soft..
But the boy.. Had he said his name was Reynald?
Because if he did.. It meant he was the same boy she had seen in Goldenrod not too long ago.
A smile tugged at her lips as she recalled the events leading up to it.
She'd have to ask him how his ribs were.

She was ignoring him again. Pah. That stubborn trait must have run in the family.
He took a moment to try and trace the lineage connecting them, and found his attention soon being stolen by the scene Kade's quilava had created.
He grinned, though he was sure the boy was none too pleased.
Poor guy.

Hm.
He'd actually followed through with his suggestion of fetching his eevee evolution friend.
Though, as the pokemon took form, it became a bit more clear that the friendship probably wasn't as mutual as he'd expected. Probably because what he expected was something with a personality resembling that of the quilava himself.
Still, the scene he had created was quite amusing in it's own- it was a shame the leafeon had missed it, as it may have wiped the grim look off his face.
Heh..
But, he managed an awkward smile at the newcomer, unsure of exactly how to approach him.

This fire type was fascinating. And the teddiursa, so adorable!
Oh..
She missed the days when there were more baby pokemon around.
Charme and Theseus had both evolved twice, Apollo- oh, he'd been such a sweet baby.. Though he was probably four times her height now. She'd never seen Noble when he was a dratini; he'd always played the role of a father to her.
And Kodent, well.
He didn't evolve anyway.
It was such a priviledge seeing the little bear, and she found herself at his side in no time and cooing happily.
Of course, the quilave had provided a much needed comic relief as well.
Hanging around all the final-stage evolutions as she did was often times.. Just too serious.
If she had been speaking her thoughts aloud she probably would have thanked Andante, but because she wasn't, she didn't. Instead, she flashed a grin at the pokemon, feeling more light-hearted than ever- or at least, since her last encounter with a group of this caliber.[/size]

Grumbling things under his breath about a demented spaz and how he was going to regret the day said spaz became a Typhlosion, Kadence brushed the imaginary Quilava hair off his shirt and returned his headphones to their rightful place over his ears. While he wasn't entirely sure that it would be a wise idea for Andante to bring out Forte, he could always keep his fingers crossed that the Leafeon would keep Dante's boundless energy in check. It had maybe been a mistake in keeping him out for the start of the tournament; Kadence had believed that his friendliest Pokemon would fare best in a large crowd of strangers, but the Quilava had become quite carried away. His amiable, laidback nature had transformed itself into a sugar high faster than you could say "please don't set that lady's skirt on fire, Andante." Still... maybe he was the best choice, even with his energy. Marziale had a tendency to be even more intrusive than Dante, thanks to her nosiness, and Solenne would get upset if there was a crowd around and they didn't happen to be cheering for him. Coda rarely got time out; dry land didn't really agree with her gills for very long periods of time. And Adagio...? Far too shy, and Kade would have to be crazy to drag a 100-odd pound cocoon around.

Forte was without a doubt the worst choice possible, as his idea of making friends seemed to be "admire me from afar or I will separate your lips from your face. With my teeth." Were it not for Andante's presence, Kade would have been genuinely worried. But in nine cases out of ten, the grass-type preferred pushing Dante around to bullying strangers, and like he'd mentioned earlier... that ought to help keep the Quilava in check. Still... the last thing he wanted now was for somebody to start making even more of a scene, so he kept a careful eye on his Pokemon, lest things get ugly. "Behave, you two -- I wanna see onstage behavior from you two, got it?"

"Sure thing, Kade, I'll be super-good. So will Forte, right? Oh! Forte. Forte, guess what? We're at the tournament! Isn't that great, Forte? Check out all these coordinators! Trainers. I meant trainers. People that tell us to do stuff pretty-like. Exciting, huh? And lookit the Pokemon! Friends! They're all super-nice. The Johto bear is Pudding and the spark-mouse is Belle and that's not a Vaporeon but he's Cain and I think you'll like him anyway and oh I forgot to say hi to the nice fire-doggy that's kinda rude of me, isn't it? Hi, fire-doggy, I'm Andante! I'm a fire type too!" Another explosion of chatter from Andante, this time with him switching his addressee halfway through from Forte to Fenrir, who was busy receiving a little TLC from Belle.

Forte, of course, had not listened to a word; after spending a couple months around Andante, you learned to simply tune him out. It was like having a mosquito buzzing around, except swatting didn't shut it up. He sat down on his haunches, casting a haughty stare over Pudding, Rusty, and Cain. "Lunch, dessert, and... what's the matter with you, Jolteon? Somebody leave you in the microwave too long?" Cain's sleeked-down spikes, combined with his lowered ears, gave Forte the distinct impression that the Jolteon was not, in fact, regal-looking, but slowly melting. Typical Forte humour, if you can call it that. Nevertheless, Kadence had called for onstage behavior, which meant the Leafeon was required to exhibit some minute amount of civility. "Forte. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to run you into the ground and look cooler than you while doing so."

[size=8pt]Watching as Kade had returned his headphones to his ears, Angel found himself pondering whether or not the boy could hear anything over them.
He'd seemed fairly embarassed by his quilava's actions, but it was really no fault of his own.
That, and most of the people surroinding them had gotten a good grin out of watching it.
Oh. Wait. That.. That would probably have been the problem.
He almost felt compelled to try and comfort him buuuuuttt...
He wasn't so good at that. And Kade was a stranger.
And he was probably fairly deafened by the music playing directly into his head.

Boy, were her ears buzzing or was Dante talking again?
In the short time that he'd fallen silent, the pikachu had nearly forgotten how difficult it was to understand what he was saying.
"Goodness, you're just full of energy aren't you?"
She managed to huff out a brief response as she watched the quilava bounding from the Leafeon to the growlithe- who's scent was oddly familiar at that, and looked down at the teddiursa.
"Hi Pudding. You're awfully cute, you know. I'm Rusty."
Though, with that in mind, she found herself wondering if the quilava had thought she went under a name-change in the past few minutes- he'd addressed her by her proper name earlier, but had referred to her as Belle just then.
Maybe he'd hit his ead harder than she'd thought when he'd fallen from his trainer's grasp.

A.. Microwave?
What in Arceus' name was a microwave?
And why was he planning his meals now, especially since they were centered around Rusty and the little bear?
Though, being the bold and often times stubborn pokemon he was, Cain certainly wasn't about to let this stranger poke at him with his word-play.
Though that microwave thing did bother him- what was it? Urg..
"Well, that's good to know. I beleive Dante has already introduced me. I consider myself fortunate to have met such a lovely individual as yourself."
As he spoke, his ears began to swivel back into their rightful stance and he felt his fur starting to bristle back into it's naturl form.
"By the way- I love the 'do. Leaves stuck to your face, they must really look good on a big stage. I'll have to try it some day."
The fact that he had only recently learned of these.. Contests, he was able to gather enough of an idea from Dante's blabbering and Rusty's short-but-sweet explanation of appeals.[/size]

ooc: I feel the need to apologize for the speed of the rp; I am familiar with two of rpers here outside the rp, and in our spare time we've been taking our turns posting, and we've been having a lot of spare time as of late. n n;

bic: Mr. Millenium couldnt contain his joy as his participants obediantly called out their names in their orderly manner. He rubbed his hands together, thinking of all the surprises in store for her new companions, his cashcows. Everything he had been dreaming of has now begin to take form, and the excitement was too much to bear.

"Is everyone accounted for already!?" He said louder than necessary, and somewhat impatient, to his female counterpart. "Yes, I believe so..." She held her glasses delicately with her left thumb and pointer finger as she counted heads and checked over all the names given to her.

"One moment..." Ms. Tyler said in a doubtfull tone as she questioned herself. She checked again the names on the list and the number of people that had assembled. "Could the person by the name of..." Ms. Tyler checked the name again on her sheet, "'Reynold' please repeat your name in full? I'm afraid I was unable to catch it." The woman accounced louder so that Reynald could hear her clearer.

"Humph, is that why this is taking so slow? What kind of tournament are they running anyway!?" Brant said in a gruff voice, "honestly; what kind of idiot doesnt call out their full name, do they want to stay out here in this god forsaken heat all day?" he rolled his eyes, knowing no one would notice. He felt enough motivation to suggest just leaving the little straggler behind, but thought against it, since he was never one for speaking when it was unnecessary.

But this didnt stop him from letting his polluted thoughts wander. His thoughts began to follow along the lines of 'is this ferry ever going to come?' and 'are they even going to serve us lunch, since its already half past noon?'

"The one with the long silver hair correct?" Charlotte double checked herself as she looked over to the direction Kita was pointing to. He was a fairly attractive man, though she was never into men who had long enough hair to compete with hers. His most promising feature however was his brilliant jade eyes. So rare, she considered his eyes the second best eyes shes ever witnessed, though she'll always have a soft spot for eyes of onyx or coal, even though its a fairly common color.

"He's so lucky to have you as a sister then huh?" she chuckled as she could tell from Kita's previous blatent example of how she helps her brother with a push. "It must be nice to have someone to journey with though; after a while, training alone tends to make you feel more anti-social when you do meet people, and when your alone you tend to think on things youd rather not remember." she finished in a half serious tone, and stuck out her tongue briefly in a joking manner.

After his little demonstration of his flexing capabilities, he let his little paw flop to his side. Boy that got tiring holding up! Pudding gave a little wave of hello to the leafeon with his other paw, and turned his attention to the bright yellow mouse that sat beside him. "Hi hi Rusty, I like pudding." he replied with a smile rather awkwardly, as if he'd notice. It wasnt completely incorrect either; he loved pudding, hense his name.

The looking up at the pikachu, it was obvious she was much larger than he, and her gleaming coat of pure sunshine made him feel pale in comparison with his ordinary light brown pelt. As he admired his 'older sister' (since he has yet to grasp the thought that not everyone is related to him in some cosmic way), he noticed for the first time the silver bell tied to Rusty's tail. "Oooo!" he oogled at the shiny metalic treasure, and poked it with his extended claw. Hearing the bell give a soft jingle made him giggle at himself and tempted him even more to repeat this process. He soon found no better enjoyment than his sudden find, or should I say, distraction. He has always lacked when it came to attention spans.

edit: For a second there, it appeared that Reynald had yet to say his name, but having rechecked the posts, I realize I still need the name in full; I hope you understand. ^^;

Kita nodded, "Yep that's him. He hates being in crowds of people he doesnt know for too long. They kind of make him fidget. I have always wanted to cut off that hair of his. It drives me crazy. He brushes it more than i brush mine!"

She looked at the sidewalk a moment, "But i love him a lot. He takes care of me, watches for mistakes and lovingly corrects them. He's a good brother like that. I could never wish for a better one. We never travel together too often. We got separated in Mt. Moon two years ago and just barely met up. It was a rough time for me, not having him there. What about you? Any siblings?

"I'll be... right back," said Atsuo as he calmly stepped away from his new group of friends. His hair swished into his face but he was so annoyed that he wanted to pin it down. Making his way over to his sister, he darted the people walking aimlessly through the masses and clusters. He hated being close with so many people. It was almost unbearable. All of these bodies, so close together, the odor alone made him gag.

A nudge came to him from behind and he saw his luxray stood behind him, pushing at his shoulder. The animal had a look in his eyes, and Atsuo understood perfectly well what that glance meant. Boss was hungry.

"No buddy. Wait a while. I have to see Kita and then maybe i'll get you some thing to eat. But not right now, ok?"

Boss lowered his head in disappointment but followed obediently.

Atsuo grabbed his sister's arm and whispered violently:

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO ME?!?!" he asked angrily "I don't KNOW those people! I mean, Dibal was aloof and Reynald was... talkative slightly... Help?"

Kita laughed: "Hey, Atsuo, this is my new friend Charlotte. Charlotte, this is atsuo!"

Fenrir rubbed her head against Belle's hand enthusiastically. She loved the attention. Why couldn't the other girl be more like this one? she mused when a Quilava walked up and started talking to her with extreme excitement. Fenrir's eyes got real big and a huge grin spread on her face as she bent down and sniffed the Quilava. Another fire type? Really? This is soo amusing! Not many Pokemon really want to talk to me they mostly try to hurt us. But you are different!! She circled the Quilava and bent into a pouncing position, her tail wagging enthusiastically. Andante? That is a wierd name? Who gave it to you? My name is Fenrir! My master is over there talking to the longer haired silver boy! As Andante chatted with her and another Pokemon, Fenrir answered and talked back excitedly, pausing long enough to get more attention of course.

Reynald watched Fenrir from a distance. She was probably having the time of her life. Rey was hoping to hear more from Atsuo but he decided to run off towards his sister, his face looking pale. Hope he's ok. Reynald thought to himself. Alright she has had enough fun He grinned as he walked up behind Atsuo and Fenrir.
"Hey why did you leave us like that? Not even bothering to get to know more about us?" Reynald chuckled as he patted Atsuo on the shoulder and moved past him towards Fenrir with a polite 'excuse me'. "Alright girl what trouble have you been causing?" Fenrir was busy talking to a Quilava and almost completely ignored him, pausing only to glance at him with her big, grinning eyes.
Rey couldn't help it. He laughed and smiled down at her. She was such a kid sometimes. He looked over at the girl that had been petter her and paused.
"Don't I know you?" Reynald asked almost in a whisper to himself. He would have asked more but the lady up front was asking for his name. He laughed embarrassedly and blushed slightly. He scratched his head and raised his voice. "That's Reynald, with an A!" He called "Reynald Kaseyu Magus!"

[size=8pt]Fenrir certainly had a way with balancing chatting with Kade's quilava and lavishing in the attention people gave her.
She was awfully cute, and her coat was so shiny and smooth..
And then that boy had come up. Ah..
Belle found herself hoping he wasn't about to take her away. She loved growlithes; So sweet.
But she noted his quick question he seemed to direct more at himself than really trying to ask her, and turned just enough to look up at Ms. Tyler as she noted Reynald's full name.
Yeah.
She was fairly certain she knew who this was now.
With a grin on her lips and a knowing look in her eyes, she peered at the boy over her shoulder to get a better view of him.
"How're your ribs?"

Well, she might have assume that the little bear enjoyed pudding- it probably more or less ad some relation to his namesake.
But he was just so adorable, and at his discovery of the bell she wore, Rusty had found herself observing his habits with patience and a smile- already letting those motherly instincs kick in.
"Isn't it pretty? Listen.."
Once Pudding had pulled his claw away for a moment, she had reached back to pinch the red silk binding it to her and gave it a gentle shake.
The silver instrument sang happily in response, twittering happily with it's soothing tones.[/size]

Fenrir still chatted away and devoured the attention from Belle. The Quilava was soo amusing she couldn't help but be cheery. That and Belle petting her, she might as well be in heaven. Too bad the other girl kept ignoring her! She left Belle, only for a moment, to rub against the girl and the Atsou. Then she immediately bounded back to talk and get more attention.

Reynald's eyes widened slightly at Belle's comment and he looked down at the her, his mind far off.I knew she was familiar. He mused as he remembered that day. It was probably one of the worst days of his life because only a few minutes after entering Goldenrod he had been hit with a bike, breaking his arm and some ribs, tossed by a psychic Pokemon, fell on, and a whole slew of things. He left shortly after visiting the hospital for fear of being hit by a bus or something similar happening. When he finally snapped back to reality he realized he was grinning. His eyes seemed to flash as he remembered who the girl was.

"Still a little stiff. The doc patched me up pretty good" He said still grinning, his eyes sparkling in the light. "You were one of the few that had actually tried to help me weren't you? Your name is Belle right? Sorry if it is not I have a bad habit of remembering faces but not names."

He laughed slightly as he unconsciously rubbed his ribs and arm slightly. The crowd seemed to close in on him, everyone staring at him since he had forgotten to give out his full name. Normally crowds bugged him, but being around someone he at least knew a bit helped keep him cheery. "You think the other people from that day are here? Help us if they are I might not make it to the tournament alive" He said pretending to dodge and hide from invisible people chuckling.

Sad but true: while Kadence was, by nature, quite the sociable individual, he didn't share his Quilava's determination to be best friends with every single individual in the crowd. The headphones over his ears were, in fact, silent; Kadence had shut his music off long ago to preserve the batteries. With all the white noise coming from the throng of people around him, it wasn't that obvious, so it seemed like a polite enough way to say "sorry, I can't hear you making small talk. I'm far too busy pretending I've never seen that Quilava in my life." Still, it did allow him to lend an ear to his surroundings, in case if one of the tournament directions felt the urge to supply some vital instructions. There didn't seem to be much going on, mind, aside from one trainer being so excited that he entirely forgot to include the rest of his name, but that situation was easily rectified, so no big, right?

It really wasn't such a surprise to think that attacking hadn't occurred to Andante. Contest battles were more about putting on a show than dominance or aggression; Dante had been raised for the stage, where he didn't have to worry about half as much danger as a trainer's Pokemon. Besides... it really was a comfort to have another fire-type around. Birds of a feather, right? Or not birds, but fiery mammal things. Either way, he liked Fenrir. It was funny that she should say his name was weird, because he thought it was quite normal. On the other hand, Fenrir was kind of an unusual name -- Andante would have guessed it to be a boy's name. But then again, he'd never really been that good with names in the first place. Memory span of a Goldeen, that was what Solenne always said about him.

"My human Kade gave me my name. He's the one with the headphones who's trying real hard not to look over here." Andante nodded sagely, rising up onto two feet to jab a foreleg over in Kade's direction. "He's not so shy normally, so if you see us around be sure you say hi and I'm sure he'll give you belly-scratchies. Your human looks real nice, too. Is he friends with the nice sparky-mouse's lady?" Of course, in Shiny-Happy-Andante-Land, there was absolutely no such thing as awkwardness and learning another person's name was grounds for BFF-hood. Still, he wasn't so blindingly thick as to miss the fact that most people were a bit shy of strangers. Joking around and petting another person's Pokemon was usually a pretty good sign of a familiar face.

It was almost enough to make Andante jealous, were it not for the fact he was all but glued into sunshine-mode right about then. Headscratchies weren't as common when your head liked to burst into flame, anyway.

As for Forte, he was thankfully free of headscratchies-envy. The Leafeon tended to be quite big on personal space and small on patience. He shot a warning glare to a girl that was treading dangerously near his broad, flat tail, then glanced over to Cain with the faintest of smirks adorning his face. In spite of the ragged nicks in both his tail and ears, Forte could pull off the haughty aristocrat sneer with ease. "That's an excellent suggestion, Jolteon. Anything that will serve to obscure your face will be a big help to you onstage. I'm sure the audience's poor eyeballs will thank you for sparing them."

Surprised, it never really occured to her that siblings wouldnt travel together, it just seemed too practical not to. "Well, I dont have siblings unfortunately..." she thought for a moment to contemplate on the possibility, "but I might have." she concluded and smiled. She never really put much thought into it, but if her parents were alive for a bit longer, would she have had a younger brother or sister? The possibility did nothing but dampen her mood and decided to change the subject. Luckily for her, an easy discussion was provided for her, in the form of the cuddly little pup. "Lookie, I think he likes you" she chckled and pointing to the growlithe that rubbed against Kita and Atsuo.

Just as soon as the growlithe came, it left again to meet other trainers, and so Charlotte turned to greet Atsuo. "Hello Atsuo, I've heard nice things about you" she raised a pale hand to shake with his. For such a feminine looking man, he sure had a firm grip. "Its nice to finally meet you." said continued in her formal polite manner. Despite living and training in mountains and forests, her manners were one thing she never lost.

He gawked as Rusty did her magic, and clapped his paws together in enthusiasm and giggled in joy. "Wow! Thats so amazing, I wanna be a pikachu!" He, of course, assumed that all pikachu's came with this special little accessory. He did however understand to a certain extent that even if he had one, it would lead to two negatives. It would be a lot harder playing 'hide and seek' with his 'mum' (this version of course ends with his owner keeping him in his pokeball, in fear of losing him again), and the noise would be sure to drive her and the rest of her pokemon mad, so he'd lose his fun fairly quickly. "Its no fair, pikachu's get all the collest stuff!" He pouted. Why do they get electricity and a shiny bell?

"Oh my..." Ms. Tyler frowned and hesitated before giving the unfortunate news. "Yes...?" Mr. Millenium inquired, as he could tell from her tone that something had happened. "It seems that... you were given an invitation by accident" She ignored Mr. Millenium and explained to Reynald before continuing. "You see, the man who was supposed to recieve the invite, was a man by the name of Reyold Kaseyu Magus, with an 'O'..."

Damn, what a difference one letter can make.

"... Are you serious?" Mr. Millenium questioned with his jaw wide open, his question that broke the awkward silence created by Ms. Tyler. "Of course I'm serious! Why wouldn't I be!" Ms. Tyler snapped at him. She and Mr. Millenium had never thought of this, and had no clue how to treat the situation.

"... Is he even a trainer...?" Mr. Millenium thought aloud, not even realizing in his own stupidity that the one in question could actually hear him.

Ironically, just then the dragged out call of the ferry could be heard, and the ferry was in sight.

"Well... What shall we do?" Ms. Tyler turned to Mr. Millenium, who to her surprise wore a grin reaching from ear to ear. "This. Is. PERFECT!" The man exclaimed so suddenly it shocked even her, who has known him for more than a year. "This is just what we needed, a TWIST!" Mr. Millenium ran to Reynald's side and plopped a hand on his shoulder and looked him right in the eye. Well, Mr. Millenium had to crouch to be at eye level with him. "You, my fine sir, will be my 'wild card' !" he winked at the silver head and with his other hand pointed at the ferry that was about to dock. "You came all this way anyways, whats the point in leaving now?" He flashed his pearly white smile. "But of course, if your not a trainer..." his expression turned to a frown in instant disappointment. Maybe he wasnt a trainer after all. But if he wasn't why would he bother coming in the first pace?

"WHAT!?" Was the first reaction to the host's decision. "Wait a minute, we dont even know if this kid is good! If you went through all the trouble like the invitation says you did to choose us, why is he getting special treatment just cause some mailman cant read!?" Brant found the injustice preposterous. What kind of tournament is this anyway!? It seemed like everything was going downhill fast. Thank goodness the ferry arrived, or else he would have just walked away then and there. He didnt have time to listen to this garbage and it get him nowhere.

"Oh my, is that ok?" Charlotte muttered to her companions Kita and Atsuo, as if they knew the answer. "I mean is that allowed? Its a good thing though that they'll at least give him a chance, since he came all this way..." She felt kind of bad for the poor guy, and here he thought he was special. But if its a situation where he isnt as... accomplished, as the others, then it should be no problem, since it'll show once the tournament gets going. If its like that, then whats the fuss?

Fenrir talked with Andante excitedly I might take you up on that offer. I love to belly scratches and being pet!! She yipped and rubbed against Belle, again pausing to try another attempt at getting Kita and Atsuo's attention.

"Well that would make sense" Reynald mused. "That is because I'm not.."

He never got to finish. In a flourish that left both Reynald stunned and lost, but also made Fenrir jump forward defensively, also looking lost. The man known as Mr. Millennium practically tackled him, wrapping his arm around his shoulder and making him the center of attention. The man rambled about him being a "wild card" and saying he should keep going to the tournament.

A wild card for WHAT He thought. The man and the punk from earlier seemed to think that not being a trainer meant he didn't know how to fight. "For your information, punk" He addressed the last part to Brant "I'm not a trainer in the sense of I don't fight for badges and deliberately attack other people. I DO, however, know how to fight and protect myself." he felt his temper rising and he growled softly in his throat, a growl matched by Fenrir (though it was half hearted as A) she didn't know what to do and B) she wanted to be pet again)

"Grah why does this kind of thing always happen to me.." Reynald thought out loud. Belle must be laughing at his predicament. "I'll come, like you said I'm already here. What is this tournament about?"

[size=8pt]The pikachu gave a patient smile at Pudding's disdain, and sat beside the little bear.
"You know, it's pretty hard work being a pikachu. You need to make sure you don't accidentally electocute someone, because pokemon don't usually like it when you do that. Especially water and bird pokemon, they get very unhappy when they get shocked. Besides, I think you do a very good job being a teddiursa. I couldn't hope to play the part as well as you do."
She'd had some experience with baby pokemon before, and this was a nice break from the all-seriousness in her team.
She'd almost forgotten that babies loved geting their egos stroked- hopefully it would work on this little one too.

He almost wanted to laugh.
In his eyes, the leafeon's snubbish attitude didn't really do much for him- It made him look a bit like a princess, what with the way he's pulled that sneer.
"A very good point Forte- Must be the reason that you were born with it."
He might have said more if the sudden commotion and appearance of Mr. Smiles hadn't startled him and Rusty out of their 'conversations'.

Laughing was probably the last thing that she or Angel would have been doing.
Another trainer's dignity was just as important to her as her own status, and the fact that this Millenium guy was picking at Reyland's just to restore a bit of his own honor had really lit a fire in her blood.
Before Angel could reach out to hold her back, she had latched a hand onto Reynald's shoulder and tugged him closer to her, cutting vicious looks at the host with the phony smile.
He really sent a chill up her spine..
"Reynald, you're as much of a trainer as I am, badges or no. Like everyone else here, you aspire to something better. For most of us, that's the pokemon league. For others," she paused for a moment, glancing cautiously over towads Kade, "They're top-rate coordinators. You're looking for something, aren't you? Well, so is everyone else. Besides, coming to this tournament isn't going to help any of us in our goals. It's just a fun distraction. Isn't it?"
She was speaking mostly to Reynald, and in quieter tones so that only people in their immediate circle could hear. But the last segment was directed more over her shoulder, at Angel, who had fallen quiet for the most part but showed his support through the grip he had on her wrist.[/size]

Crossing his arms, Dabil yawned. Atsuo and Reyald had moved away sometime ago, and he now saw them chattering with others. Rather grumpily, he looked away from them and back to the horizon, to see a ferry he hadn

Kita smiled at the little growlithe and bent down to give him a good scratch. She smiled and looked up at her brother expectantly. Hopefully he would try to be social enough to at least pet the poke

Fenrir lightened up when Kita and Atsuo had bent down to scratch her. She yipped happily. Finally these people were paying attention to her, so rude to keep a lady waiting! The boy's Luxray walked up and talked to her "well that depends. If these are going to be trainer battles with rules and regulations it might be tough but other than that we should be fine. My name is Fenrir, nice to meet you! " she said to Boss. She rubbed against Boss as a way of saying hello then returned to getting more TLC. An Espeon popped out soon after and Fenrir paused to greet it.

Reynald smiled and he felt his face turn red as Belle and Kita supported him. He fidgeted slightly as Belle whispered quite angrily to Millennium. "Thanks guys...." He said as he laughed slightly when Fenrir left him to go get more attention. Finally Atsuo recognized what he had said earlier and that made him laugh harder. "It's alright I know what it is like to be alone. But fleeing from company really doesn't help your case y'know." He smiled slyly like he always did and face Mr. Millennium, his eyes burning fiercely. "So you gonna finally tell all of us what this tournament is about? Or are we going to be kept in the dark during the whole tournament?"

Reynald kept looking to the side, making sure Brant wasn't about to cause trouble by looking with his peripherals. Ironically, he ended up looking right at Dabil. He had forgotten that Dabil was not with the group. He motioned with his head for Dabil to join them. He then looked around at the others in the group. There was a girl with a Teddiursa, who was talking to Belle's pikachu. He gave a polite nod to her before returning to his surveillance, waiting for Millennium to give him an answer.

[size=8pt]"No, of course not." Charlotte emphasized the no, suggesting that his sister did in fact make fun of him, just for her own enjoyment. Her good mood though turned a bit sour at such a formal use of her name. "M-miss Charlotte? You dont have to say that, please feel free to just call me Charlotte, anything other than that is too awkward," she blushed at the mere utterance. Being called misses made her think she was someone's wife, or some age older than herself, who was only 19.

After the suggestion of calling her just be her first name, she added, "But yes, I've been alone since my journey started, right at the ripe age of 14." It was to her knowledge that most trainers started at 15 or 16, but she didnt have much of a choise, and it didnt matter to her anyways because she was quite proud of her minor achievement. You dont meet many girls at that young age training pokemon unless they were really dedicated, and that she was.

Seeing the man named Reynald with an 'A' nod to her, she quickly nodded back before he missed it as he turned his gaze elsewhere. As she watched what was unfolding, she even found herself rooting for Reynald to a small degree, because he was just standing there letting everyone's eyes fall on him, and didnt look the least bit nervous or sick. If only she had that kind of assurance in herself.

Pudding looked up to Rusty with a smile and giggled, "Hehe I wouldnt mind being able to electrocute pokemon, it'd be funny!" Unforuntately for Charlotte and the rest of her pokemon, Pudding was still in that awkward phase where he gets his best joy from causing others pain or worry, shiny objects, or things he can put in his mouth (perferably pudding).

"Nawh~" Pudding almost blushed and squirmed in his seat. "But I'm not all that good of a teddiursa" he said with one claw extended, as if it was as a matter of fact. "Mum wont even let me fight. But my papa bear was the best teddiursa I know! He was this big!" and in trying to explain the extent of his father Ursaring's height, he made a invisible oval with his paws the best he could, though in actual size the Ursaring was taller then most human men. "Mum only keeps me cause Mum made papa bear go away. I wish papa didnt make her sad, cause then papa could show me how to get stronger. Maybe I can learn to electrocute people too!" He said with a gleam of hope in his little onyx eyes.

"Huh?" Pudding's ears wiggled at the commotion, and turned to see what all the fuss was about.

"Oh so you CAN fight!" Mr. Millenium's enthusiasm was restored and he returned his hand to his hips. He purposely ignored Reynald's question about the tournament, since that was for them to find out soon enough. In the end, this was Mr. Millenium's and Reynald's lucky day. "In that case, welcome aboard! And well put little miss." he turned to the girl who came to Reynald's side and gave her a wink.

"Now that thats settled!" Mr. Millenium concluded and stepped back to face everyone with his arms wide open as the ferry finally docked right behind him. Ms. Tyler could only put a hand to her face to shield herself from his embarrassing introduction. "This fine ferry here is 'La Mauvaise Shance!' This ferry is going to take us to Island Hydrace, where the tournament awaits!"

He then turned to Ms. Tyler and gave her a nodd, and then she stepped up to speak with everyone over the technicalities. "The island is quite a distance from the shore, and by ferry we should reach Island Hydrace by midnight. Lunch and dinner will be provided, and seeing as its lunch already, you'll be seated after you've had a chance to get your things into your rooms and let your pokemon out as you wish. Unfortunately, since there arent enough rooms individually, and theres only 9 of you, you will be paried into rooms of 3. Since theres only 3 women theres no need, but for the men we'll choose at random who stays with who. There will two bathrooms provided for each sex, and you may sleep on the trip if you'd like. Dont worry about falling asleep on the ship and getting left behind, because we'll be sure to wake you once we reach shore. Theres no place you cant go on the ferry, except for Mr. Millenium's, the captian's and my room, the engine room, or in the back of the kitchen. Other than that, lets not fall overboard." Ms. Tyler smiled warmly to her passengers.

"Right this way!" Mr. Millenium added and gestered with his hand the roped path leading to the ship's little opening in its side.

"I can't believe this!" Brant was getting sick of this line of garbage real fast, and was ready to walk right over there and give Mr. Millenium a sucker punch to the face. He didn't bother him in the least that the silver head was having a little tantrum over what he said, or that a female had to go and defend the guy since he couldn't do the job himself.

What bothered him was the more pressing issue; he'd have to share a room with two other guys!? He'd rather stay up all night, freezing to death on the bow of the ferry. And now that he looked at it, the ferry wasn't all the impressive. In fact, it was actually kind of shady and run down. It was small for a ferry, and not neary as luxerious as he had imagined, since this was an official tournament they were talking here.

What kind of tournament is this turning into?
[/size]

Badges... what was the big deal with them, anyway? It might have been due to a lack of trainer know-how, but Kadence didn't really understand how little chunks of metal were apparently the only possible indicator of a trainer's ability. He supposed it was the same principle as ribbons, just minus the categories. And the appeals. And the grooming. It showed that the Pokemon in question knew what they were doing when they were called out onstage. Admittedly, "this particular Pokemon has collected 15 ribbons, including master rank in the smart category in Hoenn" sounded much more impressive than "I have eight pieces of tin, check it out," but that could just be Kade's coordinator bias shining through. He was bound to pick up more of the trainer perspective as the tournament went on -- he just hoped he'd get on swimmingly with his roommates, whoever they were going to be. Generally speaking, he had the impression they were all a pretty nice crowd. The way Belle had stuck up for Reynald made that plenty clear.

As long as things weren't too ugly between competitors, Kadence could say with confidence that it would be a good tournament. The start had been a little bumpy, sure, what with Andante being completely out of control and the mix-up with the invitations. And the name of the ship -- had they called it La Mauvaise Chance? -- seemed a bit.... ominous, sure, but that didn't necessarily mean anything. Admittedly, Kadence had always figured those sailing-type people to be pretty superstitious, but that was stereotyping or something, right? "Well... here's hoping nobody here's prone to seasickness. Forte! Andante! C'mon, I don't want you guys getting lost."

Had Forte been the sort who was willing to split hairs, he would have gladly pointed out that no, he had not, in fact, been born with a leaf cresting his head -- he had been born as an Eevee, which was something he'd figured a Jolteon would be capable of figuring out. Well, that was what happened when you overestimated the intellect of other Pokemon. Perhaps he'd be better off stooping down to Cain's level; a plebe like him was sure to be able to understand a Bullet Seed to the eye, though he may need it repeated a few times before he finally comprehended. Thankfully, Kadence's call came just in time to avoid violence; Forte may not have been a very agreeable soul, but discipline was crucial for a contest Pokemon. He rose to his feet and stretched, dismissing Cain with an absent reply. "I'm afraid the judges would have to disagree with you on that. Here's hoping next time we meet, it's on the stage. I wouldn't mind an easy win or two." And with that, he sauntered over to Kade's side, head remaining high and tail coming dangerously near to slapping Cain in the ear as he passed.

Andante had also heard Kadence call him, and had muttered a hasty "I gotta go, see you guys on the ship" to his newfound buddies. He skittered over to Kadence's other side, all sunshine and grins as they made their way over to board the ferry. Dante only made it about four steps, however, before he managed to get sidetracked. One of the humans had been saying really grumpy stuff, and Andante had noticed that he didn't seem to have any Pokemon out socializing. Nobody really seemed to be making friends with him, and somebody not having friends was unthinkable in Andante-land. The Quilava quietly stole away from Kade and Forte (who watched him go with a roll of the eyes, but didn't bother alerting Kadence that Dante was about to do something stupid). Andante came to a halt in front of Brant's ankles, lifting himself up onto two legs and directing the brightest smile he could muster up (waaay up) at the human. He was willing to bet all Brant needed was somebody being nice to him and then his grumpy mood would go away. Well, that, and usually going up on two legs and looking cute was enough to get nice strangers to pet him and coo about what a little sweetie he was.

[size=8pt]Quite frankly, this guy's entire presence gave her the chills.
And when he had addressed her, she thought a trickle of ice water might have run the length of her spine.
There was something very wrong about his enthusiasm, but she wasn't going to linger on it. Her intuition wasn't often wrong, but she wasn't one to judge on first contact. As he stepped back to let Ms. Tyler speak, she slowly released her grip on Reynald's shoulder. Gradually.. Until she let her hand fall to clutch uncomfortably at the arm Angel had taken a firm hold on.
The way that the ship loomed ahead of them was fairly unsettling, but she managed a calm smile at her cousin.
"You can let go now, I'm not going to run off anywhere."

He had managed a quick grin in return, and let his hand fall bak to his side.
Angel was fortunate enough to not have to worry about his accomodation, as the two tournament hosts were going to be planning it out anyway.
But.. That wasn't to say that he didn't feel anxious about who his roomates were.
He wouldn't mind being in the same room as that Kade guy- any hostility he had in meeting new people aside, he wanted to ask him about contests.
League challenges, he noticed, were slowly losing his interest. He'd taken a liking to the structure of breeding, having heard most of what he knew from Belle's brother Aiden.
Cain had been a gift from him, and was a part of a project that the boy had set up to examine the influence different trainers had on their eggs.
It was quirks and things of the same ilk that had really drawn him in, and he'd learned that this system had provided a side-quest for breeders; their pampered pokes were either distributed to trainers for their battling stats, or as he had recently become aware of, coordinators. Generations of prize winning pokemon usually produced the same prize-winning offspring. The concept of it was really quite fascinating, but he'd have to hear the other side of the story. He knew as much about battling as he'd need to, but contests and appeals were an entirely new front.
Maybe he'd just ask him at lunch.

The jolteon was, frankly, fairly undeterred by the leafeon's sharp words, but managed a pleasant smile as he left.
Ignorance is bliss after all.
And in a heated sort of insult-chucking-fest-fiesta, his nonchalaunt outlook had really irked most others.
But he wasn't about to deny that the pokemon intruiged him.
If he'd mentioned that to Forte before he'd frisked away, he might have been a bit preturbed.
That, like many words before it, would have also slipped around his ears without him taking notice of it.
He was intruigingly aggrivating in that sense.

Watching Belle defending the unusually familiar boy had settled Rusty's nerves somewhat, and she turned back to Pudding with a tired smile.
"Well, if I meet up with you again later, Cain and I will have to teach you a few tricks." she gave a quick wink and a grin, before turning to her companion who had perked up at the mentioning of his name.
"Right now, I think the trainers are boarding the ferry, and we should get back to ours."[/size]

Reynald turned as Belle had let go of his arm rather slowly. Wonder if something is bothering her? He mused as he listened in on her conversation with the girl called Charlotte. He smiled at Charlotte, hoping to get off on the right foot with at least one trainer this evening. What Belle said made sense except....

"Uh, Belle, I think she meant that since there is only 3 girls there would be no need to randomly put them into groups....you all are staying in one room I think.." Reynald said kinda nervously. Truthfully, staying with a group of random people bugged him. Sure, he was outgoing-ish and usually managed well. But he did not like sleeping in groups.

"Well I guess I'll see you guys on the ship. Maybe we can talk over lunch and dinner, I don't know" He shrugged and turned, waving to Dabil and Atsuo as to tell them see you on the ship. He walked up to the ferry and kinda half heartedly called Fenrir to his side. When he finally got on the ship, he found the farthest corner away from the group and just stared over the railing at the water. God this day is going weird.Now I'm the oddball of the group, everyone staring at me like I'm an idiot who doesn't deserve to live Rey shook his head and sighed, continuing to stare out over the water. He got like this whenever things like this happened. He could keep a calm face and demeanor the whole time he's in one of these situations, everyone staring at him, making him the center of attention, talking bout him behind his back. He usually just brushed it off. But when he gets to be alone for awhile, he just muses over what happened and gets slightly depressed.

Fenrir, who was busy getting attention from Kita and Atsuo, turned to watch Andante leave "Cya later Andante!! Maybe we can talk more on the ship! she called out to him. Fenrir heard Rey call so she got up and gave everyone a goodbye rub, yipping happily, and said goodbye to all the Pokemon that were there, staying clear of the Leafeon....it seemed kind of agitated to be out in the open air. She wagged her tail as she followed Rey up onto the ship but paused. Something had caught her eye. She turned and saw Andante running off towards another trainer. Wasn't he supposed to be on the ship? she thought to herself. When Andante approached Brant she started. That was the trainer from earlier! The one that gave her a creepy feeling. Rey was kinda in his own world, he should be fine. She ran down after Andante, making sure to stay hidden, and watch over him.

ooc/ OMG! I CANT BELIVE THIS WEBSITE IS WORKING!!!! YAY! They never thought to get rid of pokemon! ><

"Gee, i'm sorry about that," said Atsuo with a shy look spreading across his face, "I'm just so used to addressing people that way, sort of respectfully, because my parents used to beat it into my head."

He pondered some more at the thought of her age: "You started at 14? That's CRAZY. I began training when i was 16 or so. I couldn't really do too much other than train when my parents kicked me out. I don't think i could have survived at 14."

He looked at his sister for a moment, just glad of her company. He supposed it was good to not be alone. He hated it at first, but soon it became a second nature. Everytime his sister came into contact with him it was like learning all over. Times were tough, nowadays, and people like Mr. Millenium gave him the creeps. He had tv salesman written all over him. Over-eager to sell a product to some low life who couldn't see the difference between trash and quality.

A sound roared from the tiny ferry, and he noticed everyone heading for it.

"Oh! Looks like we ought to go. Ready you two?" he asked, bowing as a perfect gentleman to Charlotte and Kita, but his eyes held a mischievious humor that glittered in their depths until he stood up, whistled for boss, and waited for them.

"Well," Kita said to Charlotte, "I think his majesty would like us to go now."

She patted the growlithe one last time and smiled: "i think your owner went that way. bye, now!"

[size=8pt]ooc: What Kita means, is that the website is finally working on her internet provider. Halfway through the rp she went to college (and their internet blocked this site) and she had me go on her and post for her (she would email me what she wanted to say). Hope that clears things up. xD;

bic: "Its no problem" Charlotte assured Atsuo, She was surprised as such a reaction. Was 14 that young? She did feel too inexperienced and insecure at first, heck she didnt even know how to ride a bike, but she overcame it with time. Who needs bikes anyways.

She backed up slightly at Atsuo's grand gesture, and felt her face heat up as he bowed low to them as if they were someone important. "U-uh, yes... read when you are...?" was all she could muster without sounding completely like a lost fool. She was never good with smart comebacks in a spur of the moment such as this, and it didnt help when he drew attention with actions like these, and too much spotlight was hazardous to her health. How is it that he can get her so worked up? Maybe her awkwardness with strangers was finally getting to her.

Noticing Reynald's smile, she smiled back to him and gave him a small wave before going to pick up her messenger bag and her teddiursa from the ground, and making her way onto the ferry. He seemed like an honest person; it was a shame that certain people are against him staying aleady.

"Will you really! Then its a promise!" Pudding smiled wide in anticipation, "Ok! I'll see you then." He waved with a paw before looked around for his mum. Before he got a real chance to look though, he was already plucked from the ground and in Charlotte's arms. The automatic responce for him was to either bite, or pull on her hair, and since her hand wasnt in reach, he grabed a pawfull and tugged. Charlotte was accustomed to such behavior but sometimes she'd finally give him a karate chop to the head, but she didnt feel like fight it at the time. He was such a little sadist.

Giving a heavy unsatisfied sigh, Brant at least knew when argueing was no use, and readjusted his dark brown backpack before entering the ship. Just as he was about to border among the other trainers, a quilava that he noticed running around aimlessly before approached him. Seeing the quilava trying to act friendly toward him, he cocked an eyebow from the suddeness but didnt show much reaction to its cuddliness; he just glared at the creature from where he stood and examined him. 'Male. Overly outgoing, unrestrained and only a secondary evolution. Its not even a Typhlosion yet; what a negligent trainer. Its not a surprise he lets his pokemon run amuck. But I guess thats this one's own fault for letting himself be caught by such a trainer.' he deduced after a moment of thought.

He mumbled something inaudibly about the annoying creature, but glanced around to see if anyone was watching. Seeing that no person was noticing, he crouched down for a brief moment, patted the quilava on the head, stood back up, and borded the ferry swiftly.

Once everyone was aboard, Ms. Tyler turned to everyone suddenly. "My apologies, I almost forgot." She said slightly flustered, "before you go to your rooms and drop off your belongings, it'd be good to know which rooms you'll be staying in." she chuckled half-heartedly and looked back at her sheet. "Miss Noel, Miss Lightner, and Miss Tsuyu will be staying in room 4, Mr. Millenium and I will be in rooms 1 and 2 (since theres no way I'd share a room with him)" she muttered the last part, which earned her a look from Mr. Millenium, and continued, "Mr. Edinburgh, Mr. Tsuyu and Mr. Magus will be in room 3, and Mr. Grism, Mr. Algenib, and Mr. Virelei will be in room 5. The bathrooms available will be in rooms 6 and 7. 6 for the women, 7 for the men. You'll find your rooms down the main hall. At the north end (the bow) of the hall is the dining room, and the south end (the stern) will have the lounge. A brochure will be provided on your beds. Even though your sharing your room with two other people, you each have a queen bed, that will hopefully fit your pokemon as well."

She concluded and coughed rather loudly, to which Mr. Millenium got the hint and added, "Thats pretty much it! We shall see you soon in the dining area, it is lunch time after all." He smiled and waved goodbye before leaving with Ms. Tyler down the hall and to their respective rooms. As they left to their rooms, the ferry took sail and made its journey toward Hydrace Island.

ooc: This is pretty obvious, but I'd just like to get it out there that its too late to join the rp now, and that I wont be accepting new people into the rp. (Unless of course you pm me asking specifically, and then I might reconsider.)[/size]

[size=8pt]The pikachu and jolteon both had to smile at Pudding's enthusiasm.
It wasn't likely that he would be able to truly execute an electric attack (not without aid from one of the two at least) but it was heartening to see his willingness to defy the laws of physics.
How sweet.
After a the teddiursa was safely back in his trainer's grasp, the two electric pokemon began to weave their way back to their respective trainers and clambering up onto their shoulders.
Admiring a cruise liner was one thing, but this ship was a bit more lacking than the S.S. Anne had been. Regardless, Rusty had leaned out from her position on Belle's body to breathe in the crisp salt air, a look of content on her face.
Whatever way they were getting there, she was glad to be a part of it.

Belle, on the other hand, had brightened when the kind-faced lady had announced that Angel and Reynald were going to be in the same room.
"Oh, good. You'll be roomates with that boy from earlier, I'm glad.. He's nice, and I want you to take this opportunity to be a bit more.." She hesitated, and got a look from the boy as she did.
"Social. You've drawn into your shell for long enough, and chances are you may never see these people again. What have you got to lose, Angel? Really."

He certainly didn't look comfortable with the girl's urging, but shook it off nonetheless.
"I'll.. I'll be fine. You don't need to worry about me so much. I am older than you, after all."
And he was. By a year and a half at that.
But her side of the family were certainly more outgoing than his, and his father's quiet nature had been passed on to him.
They stopped walking once they had reached room numbers three and four, and Belle had stopped in front of her door.
"I'll see you in the dining hall in a few minutes. I'm going to get changed into something more comfortable, like sweatpants. I suggest you go grab a seat at the dining hall."
And with that, she had disappeared, leaving Angel to drop his things onto the bed furthest to the right and pull the jolteon from his shoulder, holding it out in front of him with his hands under the pokemon's forelegs.
"D'you wanna stay out Cain, or are you tired?"
At his trainer's words, he had given the by a look that seemed to read 'Are you being serious?' but, with the way that Angel was holding him, it brought a smile onto the boy's face.
Tucking the jolteon into the crook of his arm, he buried his other hand in the pocket of his vest and made his way down to the bow of the boat.

Peering out the door as she heard her cousin's footsteps fade away, Belle tugged at the elastic waistband of the black cloth running shorts she had changed into. Her favorite pair too, they were wonderfully soft and well-loved too.
With her pikachu back on her shoulder, she rummaged briefly through her bag before pulling out a gleaming silver collar, with what looked like a golden glass sphere fixed in the middle.
"Alright Rusty, as soon as lunch is over we'll get Apollo and do a bit of meditating on the bow. So, I'll need you to have this on. Okay?"
Before she had finished speaking, the pikachu had already pulled of the twinkling silver bell and held it out to her trainer, who smiled as she dropped it in the bag.
A moment later, and they were on their way to the dining hall and peering around the room for Belle's blonde cousin, Rusty happily scratching at the snug silver band the girl had fastened around her neck.[/size]

Fenrir had managed to get on the boat before it had left the shore. She hunted around for Reynald, hoping to get a bite to eat. Maybe that Brant kid is not so bad she thought as she remembered him petting Andante. She pranced around, tail wagging, as she made her way over to Reynald. He seemed kinda down. She whimpered slightly and walked up behind him, rubbing against his leg. She looked up at him with a look that said "It's alright".

Reynald inhaled the salt air as the ship moved towards the island. The cool wind brushed his silver hair out of his face and cooled his tan skin. Ms. Tyler had given him his room. He didn't have anything really on him except for some changes of clothes. He was rooming with Atsuo and the guy that hung around Belle. They didn't seem too bad. He looked down as Fenrir tried to cheer him up. He smiled and bent down to pet her. "Thanks girl. Cmon let's get something to eat. After I change."

What else could go wrong on the trip to the island?

Reynald made his way to his room, opening the door with a heavy sigh. He started as Angel was in the room. Angel was already leaving so he sat down and opened his one bag. Fenrir hopped over to Angel and greeted him enthusiastically before returning to jump on Rey's bed. Reynald just mumbled to himself and said "Alright I guess I'll cya later." He picked out a fitting white shirt and jeans. The shirt was probably too fitting, he mused. After changing, he tucked his stuff away and made his way to the Dining room. "Cmon girl, wonder what they are having." Fenrir yapped and followed behind Reynald, tail wagging. He caught up to Angel, "Hey, you were hanging around Belle right? Friend of hers? If you didn't hear the loudmouth running this tournament, the name is Reynald, nice to meet you. Anyways, how is your trip going so far?"

See? Some folks -- by which we mean everybody -- thought that Andante was dumber than a a burlap sack filled with paint, but they just didn't know better. Deep down, Andante was a total genius. For real. He'd totally called it. The guy with the grumpy face just needed somebody friendly to take care of that mean old frown of his. Satisfied that he had both done a good dead and earned a pat on the head for it, Andante puffed out the short, cream-colored fur on his chest and turned, trotting up the plank onto the ferry merrily. It was easy to pick Kadence and Forte out of the dispersing crowd. For one thing, Forte was the only Leafeon he'd seen so far. For another, it was really easy to spot the bright blue band of Kade's headphones. Andante made a beeline for the two, skidding to a stop at Kade's side just in the nick of time. "Room five... over this way, I bet. C'mon, guys. We can explore later, for now I wanna get settled in."

Andante nodded vigorously, Forte glanced away as if he hadn't heard. When Kadence started walking, however, the pair followed, trotting in tandem at either side. Heads high, tails up (unless you didn't have one) and lift your knees; it was one thing to be able to pose prettily, but that wouldn't mean a thing in a contest if you walked like a slouch. Of course, that pretty much went into pieces the moment they set foot in the cabin. Andante broke away from Kadence and Forte, leaping up onto the bed nearest the single, small window set into the seaward-facing wall. He wanted to be extra-sure Kade got the window seat -- looking out at the big, huge ocean was exciting and kind of scary; Andante didn't want to miss out. Kadence simply shrugged and dumped his bag next to the Quilava. Forte was content to stay on the floor. He never much cared for admiring the scenery.

"So what've we seen so far? A Pikachu, a Jolteon, a Teddiursa, a Growlithe. Adagio alone could probably hold his own against all of them; I'm sure he won't be so shy if it's not a contest appeal. Coda would be the best bet against the Growlithe, though her lack of legs might be a bit of an issue. Competition doesn't look too tough, though I can't really say that until I've seen them in action. I don't think there's room enough on this ferry to get much practice in, unless it's Marziale or Coda. Looks like you guys can look forward to some downtime. You wanna rest in your pokeballs or stay out here?"

Well, Forte hadn't wanted to come out in the first place. He gladly reached up, resting his forelegs on Kade's knees and fixing him with an impatient stare. Kadence didn't need to be told twice; he returned the Leafeon without hesitation. Andante remained where he was, paws up against the window and eyes on the water. Obviously he didn't intend on heading back to his pokeball anytime soon. "Alright, fine by me. But remember, Andante, contest behavior. You only get one chance at a first impression, and I'd rather the competition didn't think of you as a total spaz. Makes me look bad." He grinned as Andante shot him a look over his shoulder, then ruffled the Quilava's ears. "Ah, I know you'll be good. Don't give me that look."

Atsuo was oddly pleased with Charlotte blushing, in a way. It was kind of new. He rarely saw girls blush, so he should apologize for embarrassing her like that. Because, embarrassment was the only reason women blushed, right?

He walked in front of the two girls to the ferry, and almost drew back as he went inside. Ok, so he usually was never one for glamour and he usually was not picky about his dwelling, but this place was TERRIBLE! It was old worn and overworked. Could this ferry at least get them to Hydrace?

Kita held her Umbreon, Mr. Lazy, tightly. She was sleeping soundly, cuddling into her trainers arms. He smirked. Kita had thought it was a boy eevee. Turned out she was wrong.

"So... I'm wondering who 'Mr. Edinburgh' is. I know Reynald... and i think... my room is... here!" he grandly announced, his face falling at the sight of the bedroom he would be sharing. It was TINY! He threw his backpack on the bed farthest to the left, and waved at the girls:

"I'll see you guys at lunch. Kita? Don't get lost again like you did in Mt. Moon!"

Kita stuck her hands on her hips and glared at her brother.

"Of all the ungrateful...! GAH! I have no energy to argue!"

She walked into the room she would be sharing with charlotte and... someone else. Miss Lightner? Who was that? She took out her pokeballs, and one by one released them. Noctowl, Persian, Altaria, Pidgeotto, and plusie joined her Umbreon who was now wide awake.

"C'mon guys. You need to eat too!"

Atsuo, on the other hand, was having a hard time deciding which of his poke'mon should join boss for lunch. The others, he could feed privately, without much... disturbance. If only he could get Genaveave, his empoleon to take off that tutu...

He allowed her to come out from her captivity, and pulled on the garment. He carefully explained she had to take it off to come eat. Sorrowfully, the poke'mon complied with his wishes.

"Y'know Boss, I really hope he lets me wear my tutu again..." Genaveave whined.

"Oh, come now. You know how much he hates it. You embarass him sometimes Gena."

"I DONT TRY TO!" it came out in an odd squawk.

"I know... but, I'm starving Gena. Lets just go."

Boss could tell how proud his owner felt when he walked into the dining hall. Gena looked like a masculine poke'mon, and she was angry which added to the effect. He just drooped his head and shook it. One day, his master would learn the hard way that all of his poke'mon loved him so much, they just wanted to be accepted for who they were, he cast a glance at Gena, and what they wore in their spare time.

ooc| blargh. Seems my posts are getting shorter and shorter. Sorry.

It was a bit unfortunate that the Ms. Tylers had chosen to call everyone by their last names, for Dabil had no idea who Mr. Grism and Mr. Virelei were. Well, it

[size=8pt]'What a pain...' Brant thought to himself after recieving his room number. Finally things were going somewhere, but he wish it'd go faster. He can already feel his impending boredom slowly creeping on him as he knew that he'd be stuck on the ferry until they reach the island at midnight. He was here to fight, not to babble with the people he was going to defeat.

Once he reached the room with the number 5 printed on it, he opened it to find Dabil just in front of him, and the annoying quilava's trainer inside with said pokemon. Without even thinking, his natural response at such a loathesome situation being to ignore it, he actually closed to the door back on himself, as if it were the wrong room. 'What am I doing!?' he said frustrated at himself for looking like a fool, and opened the door for a second time, only this time actually stepping in to drop off his backpack. He left it on the only free queen bed, and swiftly left for the dining area without any word. He didnt bother freshening up or changing for lunch, since he didnt care what the others thought of him.

Before following Kita to their room, and checking that everyone had left to their rooms, Charlotte walked over to the edge of the bow, and pulled a pokeball from her belt. "We've been on land for so long, I know you'll enjoy a good swim." she smiled to her pokeball, and in a beam of light a loud splash hit her ear's, and she could see Lukas's gleaming red eyes on the surface of the water. "Now dont wander from the ferry and dont try and race it." she made a face at him, and in response he made a few grumbles and bubbled underwater formed where his mouth would be. "only stay up here too, if your toward the back you might get caught in the propellers or something." she could tell he was laughing at her when she could see a smirk across his long jaw, and a few fangs peeked out of of the water. He thought it was nuisance, since the back of the boat created the strongest currents to swim against and therefore the most of a workout, and be oblidged to his owners wished. "I'll come later and get you, you're too heavy to get on the ferry." she waved and left her feraligatr to his long awaited swim.

Once she found the room, it was right when the other female was leaving and moved out of the way for her with a small excuse me. She chose the last bed available and threw her bag on the bed. She never realized how heavy it was until moments like now, when it was heavy enough to dip the bed considerably. She didnt have much of a choice though, shes a pack rat that lives out of her bag; shes got no where to live anyways.

She plopped Pudding on the bed for a moment, and started to rummage through her huge bag.

ooc/ WE ARE NOT DEAD!

bic/ Kita waited for charlotte to finish changing before they headed to the lunch hall. She pondered slightly about how their trip would turn out and figured that eventually she would come to find out what this mess was all about. It was just a matter of time.

"I'm ready when you're ready. Are you guys ready?"

Her pokemon yipped and mewed their replies deeply signifying their agreement. She got up a moment and went across the hall to Atsuo's room. She saw his bag on his bed and was deeply depressed for a moment. Most of his pokeballs were in it still.

Sighing, she took one and aimed it out the porthole. A moment later, milotic swam under the window.

"Hey Milotic!" she called, "Why don't you go play!"

The milotic cooed in responce and disappeared underneath the lurking depths of the ocean.

Kita walked with Charlotte to the dining hall and laughed with her as they heard the funny conversation with Ms Tyler and Mr Millennium. Upon entering, she saw poor Atsuo at a table next to the 'president' with a bored look on his face. Gena sat behind him on the floor and Boss was asleep next to her.

"Hey brother!" she said as she walked up next to him.

Atsuos face changed dramatically and he pushed in her seat for her next to him. Walking over to Charlotte, he pulled out another seat. With a wave of his hand, he gently said: "Would you like to sit, Charlotte?"

He was still in his pokemon trainer outfit, but he had taken the time to comb his hair. The tie itself held the hair together in the middle of his back, but some of his long bangs escaped it's rough embrace and fell into his eyes. This made his eyes slightly glaze which made his Jade irises sparkle in the lighting. Protesting the urge to smack the hair away, he remained as a gentleman. More strands had broken loose as well and cascaded over his shoulders in a silvery waterfall. His lips were parted in a slight smile, just barely flashing his pearly white teeth. He had taken off his trench coat which definately showed his athleticly slim figure and his dedication to fitness.

Reynald mumbled to himself as he picked up the pace and walked ahead of Angel. He knew people were shy or anti-social and all but to ignore a direct question was rude. He was almost at the dining room when Mr. Millennium's speech came over the speakers. He laughed and shook his head as he entered. Atsuo, Kita, and Charlotte were already there. Reynald froze in his tracks. There was only one table, crap. He had hoped he could have sat away from everyone to avoid being the topic of choice. He knew Kita and Atsuo were nice, but he only got a nod and a smile from Charlotte. And the others....who knew. He tugged at his shirt, it was suddenly too tight. He liked showing off how fit he was but being the center of attention was kinda annoying. Atsuo was being overly kind and flashy as he offered Charlotte a seat. He looked handsome, but damn, that kid rubbed it in and showed it off big time. He was about as fit as Reynald and obviously took more pride in his appearances than Rey. Reynald wasn't what you call handsome, but he was attractive in his own way.

Reynald scratched his shaggy hair as he sat down one seat away from Charlotte. He never bothered to comb it. Combs and Brushes never seemed to work on his hair. He looked back over to Atsuo and the group and looked them over. Charlotte looked really nice, as did Kita. Reynald sighed and rubbed his eyes painfully. The dim lighting of the dining room played hell with his eyes. He wished they were back to what they used to be, deep deep forest green. He finished rubbing his eyes and sat back up smiling. Mr. Millennium and Ms. Tyler were already there, Millennium with a huge red mark on his face. That made Reynald's smile even bigger.

He turned his attention back to the group of trainers. "Well what do you guys think they are going to serve us?"

Fenrir followed Reynald in and immediately went to greet Charlotte, Kita, and Atsuo. She hopped up and placed her front paws on Charlotte's lap. She looked over at Boss and the new Pokemon that she hadn't seen. "Hey Boss! Are these friends of yours?" She looked at all the new Pokemon, her tail wagging."My name is Fenrir, nice to meet you all!" She smiled and barked happily. She whined and rubbed her eyes around the same time Reynald did before returning to her smiling self.

[size=8pt]ooc| O: Sorry for not responding earlier. Reynald, I'll get Angel to catch your character and grovel a bit ;3

"Hey, you were hanging around Belle right? Friend of hers? If you didn't hear the loudmouth running this tournament, the name is Reynald, nice to meet you. Anyways, how is your trip going so far?"

It had taken a moment, for him to realize that Reynald was speaking to him, and it was only when the bot had strode off before him that he'd realized it.
... Oops.
"Er- Wait, Reynald wait up!"

He didn't catch the boy until they were in the dining hall, and the one table had already started to fill up.
Guess he wouldn't have to worry about saving Belle a seat after all.
Listening to what Reynald had said in friendly conversation to the others, he put on his best smile and pulled up a seat behind him.
"As far as food goes, I'm just hoping the cooks on this ship understand the meaning of 'cuisine'. I'm hoping for a nice salad or something with taste, but my mind keeps telling me to expect microwave meals." He winked, which was probably a first for him, and earned himself a curious look from the jolteon in his arms. Pausing for a moment to put him on the floor with the other roaming pokemon, he spoke again as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat.
"Sorry I hadn't replied to you earlier, my mind was... Elsewhere." He managed a tired smile before fiddling with the table and peering around at the table.
Belle hadn't arrived yet, but that was a given. She was still in her room when he'd left, and may have followed suit and let her pokemon out to stretch.
"But, yes. I am that guy that was hanging around Belle. She's not so much my friend as my cousin, but we get along pretty well."

Angel must have known Belle pretty well, because she had in fact left her room to perch at the port side of the boat, her feet hooked under the metal rail as one-by-one she released her pokemon from their balls.
The first one to break free had dived into the water before it had even fully materialised, tearing through the current the boat had created as the red light dissolved from it's pale orange body.
After a second, he altered course and broke through the surface, unusually large wings dripping wuth brine but still beating powerfully.
The dragonite's slim face was pulled into an animalistic smile as it soared lazily alongside the boat, watching his trainer with sparkling eyes.
To this, she responded with a smile and tucked his ball away, hurling another into the air as she did.
The second to break free opted more for the air than the water, and it was soon appared why as the signature pokeball matter fizzled away and a roaring red flame burst to life on the tail of the charizard.
That was it for the pokemon she could release off the side of the boat, and she quickly hopped down from her perch as she pulled three more balls from her belt, making sure to keep an eye on the pikachu that had leapt onto the firey dragon's back before it had pulled away from the ship.
One, two, and three- All pokemon standing at about the same height as Belle, though only two were bipedal.
On one end a gallade had started to stretch it arms out, clearly glad to be out despite the lack of a mouth to smile with. Beside him was a gleaming white Absol, who had also opted to exercising his muscles, though his stance was more cat-like than that of his companion.
And, on the end, a rather blank looking lucario stood, until it stepped forward and hooked it's arm around Belle's. He looked concerned for a moment, but seemed to relax slightly when he received a warm grin from his trainer. Though that certainly wasn't a reason to let go of his 'safety blanket'.
Turning to the other two, the girl folded her arms around her back and stood with her feet together, a very proper look on her face.
"Now. We're going to be on this boat all night, and will have docked at Hydrace island by dawn. Bedtime is whenever I want it to be. Until then, have at it- Oh, but don't break anything."
The two standing before her beamed, and the Gallade had taken a seat on the back of the white canine as it began to prance down the hall, both he and his companion giddy for one reason or another.
Turning to the lucario that had yet to release her arm, she gave a sympathetic smile.
"Apollo, you really need to be more comfortable about spending time away from me."
All she had received from her efforts was an earnest look from both he and the pikachu that had macigally re-appeared after one of the dragons had pulled in close enough to let her back aboard the ship.
Knowing that she had already lost, Belle gave a sigh and shrugged as she turned back for the dining hall.
"Aw, phooey. I hereby forbid you two from ever ganging up on me ever. You hear me?"
They probably hadn't, if one had ben judging by the way they'd turned to grin at one another, but that had gone unnoticed as the girl had turned back for the dining hall, watching the room numbers pass as she went.[/size]

...Well, at least now Kadence could say he knew what his roomies looked like. Sort of. He'd only really caught a glimpse of the other guy when he'd opened the door, shut it, opened it again to drop of his stuff, and turned right on out again. Kade was more than a little perplexed by that little cameo, but hey... it takes all sorts, right? He decided to dismiss the eccentric entry and concentrate on the roommate that had decided to stick around. With a little shrug, he lowered his headphones and gave a little wave to Dabil. He had not, in fact, heard the other's quiet greeting, but that didn't mean he was about to ignore the guy for the rest of their stay or anything. "Uh... hey. Kade Virelei, and I'm... not too sure who that other guy was. The Quilava's Andante, and the gaggle of Pokemon I'm gonna release in a second... eh, you probably don't wanna hear my entire roster. Actually... I'd better do that outside, now that I think about it, since I've got one that kinda needs water." And a 300-some pound coccoon that either needed carrying to the dining room or about an hour to hop there. Evolving into something inconvenient was no reason to deprive a Pokemon of free time, but all the same... Kade really couldn't wait for Adagio to evolve.

With a small sigh, Kade plunged into his bag once more. Instead of retrieving shampoo or an invitation, he pulled out a small square of wood with four little wheels attached to the bottom, and a small hole on one side that had a rope tied to it. "Sorry to dash so soon on you; we'll get to know each other better over lunch or something, alright? By the time this tub hits Hydrace, we'll be buddies. See you in the dining room. Andante... c'mon. You're sticking with me until you calm down." And with that, Kadence departed from the cabin, Quilava at his heels. It was only a short stroll to open water from there, so to speak. If he'd left mere moments earlier, he'd probably have run into Belle. Even without knowing that, he could tell he wasn't the first one to let his team wander; he could spot an ominously big shape in the water, and there looked to be a... a Dragonite and a Charizard flying up yonder. ...Okay, maybe this tournament was going to be a little bit harder than Kade had expected.

Well, wait and see. The fighting part wasn't going to start for a while. For now, letting out his team was the priority. Four pokeballs. Two dropped onto the wood at his feet, one onto the crude little scooter, and one lobbed off the side of the boat. A Kirlia, dolled up with a yellow bandana around his neck, a red and green scarf each tied around one wrist, and what looked like a little crosshair beneath his left eye. A Togetic with a fermata on her forehead and a beaded necklace jangling around her neck. A Pupitar with a quaver marked between his eyes, the little scooter beneath him creeking ominously under the sudden weight. Finally, a Seadra with a segno on one cheek, peeking up from the waves. Solenne, Marziale, Adagio, Coda. As per his wishes, Forte was the only one to remain resting in his pokeball.

"Okay... whoever wants lunch is welcome to come along." Which earned a delighted squeal from Adaigo -- growing boys had healthy appetites, of course. "Whether you're eating or not, I might need a little help with pulling the scooter, so bear with me a bit. I'll be sure to bring you some chow too, Coda." A noise from down below signified that Coda was most definitely up for that. Peachy. Now for the fun part. Kade took up the end of the scooter's rope. Solenne also took hold, and Andante clamped his teeth down as well. Marziale, being a seven-pound fairy thing, couldn't do much to help, but she nevertheless got behind Adagio and threw her miniscule weight into pushing. Between the four of them, they got the Pupitar's little scooter rolling, heading slowly but surely in the direction of the dining car. As for Adagio himself... he'd been a Pupitar for a while now, but he still wasn't sure if his "wagon rides" were supposed to make him embarrassed or if he was allowed to say "wheee" as everybody hauled him along.

She waited... and could no longer take it. Kita's eyes snapped open and their fiery recesses burned an angry flame shot directly for Atsuo. He noted the odd difference in his sister's facade, and felt small goose flsh rise over his creamy skin. He paled, sitting rigid a moment, their eyes locking for what seemed like an eternity in the fiery pits of a Jade hell. His lips parted slightly, his head cocking in complete question as to what on earth was the matter with her. His sister, finally no longer able to remain in her wroth, stood for a moment still in her disquieting silence. He reached out to her. Perhaps to comfort her illness of spirit or just to soothe, he knew not. Perhaps he did as to feel the complacency of his own spirit knowing he had dashed the fire of her enragement. But she did not see it that way. As soon as his hand brushed her sleeve, she snapped, grabbing his wrist. She yanked him to a standing position and unceremoniously dragged him from the room.

Pushing into his room, she slammed the door with resounding force.

"What are you DOING!?" she yelled, her anger now at its peak.

He tried to speak, but she silenced him with her own interuption:

"Do you realize how EMBARRASSING you are? One girl is the slightest bit nice to you and your TINY EGO sprouts into some tree giving a boost to your childish stupidity. You are so self conscious of what people think of you, what they think you are... well you know what?" he was completely speechless but wanting to defencd himself, "You accomplished the worst of it. Let me tell you Atsuo, you looked GAY, ok? Do you realize that?! Isn't that what you wanted to avoid?"

She grabbed the sides of his arms and shook him so violently that his tie in his long hair fell to the floor. The silver was now spilt and along with it came another side of him she had never seen.

"STOP IT!" he screamed, his eyes flashing with hurt. She saw almost tattered pieces of her brother in that gaze... the pieces that she herself had torn from him.

"You are my sister, yet you know NOTHING about me! How can you tell me I am shallow when you only see the surface?"

She realized her err and tried to go to him... to apologize.

"DON'T TOUCH ME! DON'T COME NEAR ME! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

He turned away from her and curled into a fetal position on his bed. His pride? gone. His feelings of actually being this new... cooler, perhaps, person had been torn from him. Not even his sister realized what she had fully done to him. When he looked up, she had departed...

Kita had never felt so stupid in her entire life. She understood him now. That person he had flaunted back there... perhaps he thought he would be accepted as the gentlemanly type... the type who women read about in novels and books. She wondered if he would be the same. His own flesh and blood had scorned him and called him the one thing that every human in the world assumed he was. His worst fear, being disliked. Being called stupid. Being pushed away. Being dregrated in front of everyone he thought he would impress. She had done that to him. She blinked back her tears, woes that would now haunt her, and walked back into the dining room, hoping she could hold it all in. She couldn't. As soon as she sat back into her seat, her face found the table and her arms covered her gentle tears.

Atsuo allowed his pokemon to all come out and wander free around the room. He knew they felt his gloomy despair, but he didn't feel like caring. Boss and Gena had made their way in, too. Gena tried to smooth his hair and crooned at him, but he just rolled over, leaving the empoleon feeling helpless. Boss had curled next to his legs and now slept their, using his best method to comfort his degrated master.

*Pokemon view, b4 the mess ^ ~*
Boss nodded to Fenrir with a slight bounce.
"Yea, this is my master's sister's pokemon and this empoleon, Gena is my best friend."

He looked over at Gena, waiting for her to respond, but she had already noticed something he had not. Kita had drug his master off in a rage.

"See you... later." he said to Fenrir, and quickly ran after them. He could feel the empoleon's pounding steps not too far behind. He walked in as Kita walked out and couldn't believe what he saw. His master, usually cheerful and funloving had a dark cloud about him, as if he was stuck in a thunderstorm. He had released all of the others, but they just sat on his bed and watched him silently. Gena tried to comfort him, and almost began to cry when he turned away. Boss just curled at his legs, feeling the agony Atsuo did.

Atsuo wanted to speak, but he couldn't feel the words. To cry, but no tears came. To scream, but his lips didn't offer a sound. He pulled his blanket up to his chest, and laid there for a moment. He remembered that movie a long time ago when people still made fun of him in school. That hero had been what everyone wanted, what he strived to be. But no longer. How could he live up to the standards of his imagination? Getting off his bad, he reached into a pocket of his bag. He dreaded what would come, but knew that no change would transpire without drastic measures to his outer features as well. Seeing a mirror on the wall, he walked over to it. He lifted his hand, now possessing a pair of scissors. Then reaching up to just under his ear, he positioned the scissors and winced with the first cut...

[size=8pt]"Me?" she blushed, pointing dumbly at herself with a delicate finger. Was he serious? Before his actions were just... bold. But now? Where did this come from? Suddenly he became too assertive toward her, to the point she could not help but be turned away from him. She thought Atsuo was kind of charming, but her opinion changed drastically to that of 'a flirt thats full of himself'.

"I can seat myself thank you." she replied and seated herself on the other side of Kita, feeling as if she brushed Atsuo off a little too coldly, especially since he was Kita's brother. But she could not stand those type of people; shallow types who only care about the physical features of others and themselves. She could never be able to hold a conversation with those type of men either; they were just too boastful and suficating. She liked her men humble.

Seeing Reynald seat near her caused a smile to form on her lips, and she felt relieved that she would be able to distract herself from Atsuo for the time being. "Well, I think they're probably going to ask us what we want first, before they serve us." she laughed lightly to Reynald's question. Suddenly, Reynald's social growlithe approached her, and she stroked the gentle canine. "Hello there," she made her first greeting with the cute little pup. Just at that moment, waitors came and served complimentary water and placed the menus on a little stand in the middle of the round tables.

She happened to reach for two, one for Reynald and herself, when suddenly Kita and Atsuo were in the middle of a glaring contest, before Kita grabbed Atsuo and ran off. "Kita-?" Charlotte called, worried from the sudden flee of the two. Was this her doing? Had Atsuo's action toward her cross Kita's limit too? She felt suddenly abandoned and regretful, but knew it would be inapropriate to follow. "Here" she said as she handed Reynald a menu, and looked over her own. Since none of the waitors, that were still placing menus and water on the round tables, had not yet asked what they wanted, she figured that they were waiting till everyone arried. Looking over the array of foods to choose from, she decided on a BLT, with the side of fruit salad and iced tea. Of course, she could not forget to order pudding off the desert menu for her little Teddiursa, who happened to be petting the hyper growlithe in a fit of giggles.

For what seemed only a moment later, Kita came bursting back through the door she left with, and plopped down next to her in tear. "Agh!" Charlotte panicked. 'What happened between them!? Maybe this WAS her fault! What if they never speak again because of her!? It will be all my doing!' her thoughts raced and stared to escalade as her worry got the best of her. What should I do? I cant just ask what happened!' she thought but all she could do was say to Kita, "Please dont cry, its alright." though it clearly wasnt.

Sitting one tabe over from the table Kita, Atsuo, Charlotte and Reynald was sitting, Mr. Millenium and Ms. Tyler couldnt help to watch what was unfolding. Mr. Tyler held a palm to her face, hiding her slightly opened mouth at seeing the poor, usually cheerful trainer, crying just the next table over. Mr. Millenium held a hand to his strong chin, and watched with his dark blue eyes fixated on the scene with a serious glare, and his brow scrunched in anger. Ms. Tyler was even more stunned to see Mr. Millenium's expession, for it was a first time she'd ever seen him so serious. 'What is he thinking? she had never seen this side of him, and his actions were never predictable. She just never knew what to expect with him.

Without a word, Mr. Millenium couldn't take it any longer, and suddenly stood up, pushed out his chair, and walked over to the next table. To Charlotte's surprise and Ms. Tyler's, he reached out an exposed palm to the crying Kita, and asked to speak with her in private.

Having left the room in such a hurry, Brant had entered the dining hall before even Charlotte and Kita arrived. Atsuo and the hosts were already sitting at their own round tables, and he chose to take a seat at a table opposite of the one the long silver haired man occupied. Once Kita and Charlotte entered, he acted to not notice their presence, but couldnt stop himself from opening glaring at the men who made a move on Charlotte. He knew the blonde's personality well enough to know she wouldn't buy into it, but it didnt ease his anger nor his gut from churning.

He didnt have to watch this eye gouging scene for much longer however, since the sister of the man left with him soon after his move on Charlotte. This of course made Brant smile, and smile even more when he didnt return with the woman when she came back. He turned his gaze toward the scenery of the room, since he was uninterested with the affairs of that man's sister. Large windows surrounded the walls, to the point you almost didnt notice the regal red wallpaper. The bow could be seen through the middle most windows, as could the ocean in the side windows. The red curtains that would cloak the windows at nighttime were tied up, hence why there was such a view. The several large round tables werent half bad either, though he thought the menu was lacking.
[/size]

Reynald turned as Angel had entered the room and apologized to him for not answering. He laughed as Angel backed up his joke. "It's alright don't worry about it." He smiled as Angel sat down and answered his previous question. "Ah that's cool, I don't have any relatives to speak off my family are kind of loners."
He sighed as he remembered his parents and turned back as he heard Charlotte laugh. He smiled, his cheeks turning red, It was cute laugh.
"Yea that would make sense. Hope they have something good." he said as waiters came with water. Reynald squinted slightly as he tried to take in the details of the glass. Normally, his eyesight was better than perfect, but in this damn light he couldn't focus. The glass seemed fuzzy, hell, everything started going out of focus. He rubbed his eyes again and smiled at Charlotte.

Fenrir was loving the attention from Charlotte. She didn't scratch or nothing, just stroked her soft, warm fur. Her tail wagged enthusiastically as Boss introduced Gena. "Hello Gena! I'm Fenrir, nice to meet you!" She yapped and rubbed her head against Charlotte's hand.

"She seems to like you." Rey stated as he moved one seat closer nervously. He wasn't trying to make a move or anything, he was trying to make that obvious, but she was the only one talking to him at the moment so he decided to get closer so he didn't have to talk so loud. He gave Fenrir a pat and took a small drink, settingt the glass down as the waiters returned, bearing menu's.

That was when the fight started. He got the gist of what was going on immediately. He had noticed Kita's face as Atsuo was being overly gentlemen like, but he did not make much of it at the time. But, apparently there was a problem as they both stormed out of the room. Boss and the others left quickly too and Fenrir had just enough time to say good bye before they vanished.

He looked over at Charlotte, she seemed worried. "You ok?" He asked concerned.

Reynald felt his cheeks tinge pink slightly as Charlotte also offered him a menu. He wasn't used to people treating him this nice "Uh..thanks..." He said in a small voice. He hoped they would have Root Beer, that was his favorite drink. He decided on a Roast Beef sandwich, with cheese, lettuce, and bacon, and an IBC Root Beer if they had it, if not normal root beer works, and if not that wellll he'd decide when it came to that.

And just as suddenly as they had left, Kita returned, looking in absolute despair. Fenrir whined and walked over to her, licking her hand, trying to make her feel better. Charlotte gasped kind of. Rey looked at her questionably then walked over to Kita, kneeling down to be face to face with her. He thought of maybe rubbing her back or something to make her feel better but went against it.

Still he tried to look her in the eyes, his face concerned and his voice very serious. "Hey Kita....Are you ok? What happened?" He stole a glance at Charlotte as he said the last part "Can I help some way?" He asked. Before he could get an answer and try to help, Mr. Millennium, looking more serious that Reynald ever thought possible from the man, had come over and asked to talk to her in private. Reynald scratched his silver hair and went back to his seat, forlorn that he could not help. Fenrir hadn't moved, insistent on trying to make her feel better. Reynald's eyes burned and everything seemed to lose focus. Fenrir and Reynald both rubbed their eyes again at the same time. Reynald looked at Kita worriedly, then looked back at Charlotte. "Do you know what's going on?"

Kita looked up from her tear covered arms at Charlotte: "I- hurt..." was all that escaped from her... she wanted to say how much she made Atsuo hurt at this very moment, but it was too dificult to respond through her own gasping breaths. She just knew that that conversation with him had completely ruined a bond so deep and so strong, that she knew she might not recover. Almost as if she had lost her own twin.

Feeling someone's presence behind her she turned to look and saw Mr. Millennium standing there. He asked to speak to her in private and reached out to take her hand. She looked at Charlotte for a fleeting moment with a doubtful expression, and then took the hand of the strange man with the piercing eyes.

Atsuo surveyed his handiwork in the mirror. It was, to say the least, a hack job. Piles pf his once prononced glory heaped around his feet, and he stooped to clean it up. His pokemon watched in wonder as their broken master quietly worked, almost like he was meditating on his inner person. Who was he really? What was he truly like? Throwing away this heap of 'masks', per say, had left him without one normal thought. How should he truly be acting. Was this abomination in his hands the source of all his misery? The minute he had chopped it all off, his soul felt as if a burden had been lifted. As if he were truly free. He climbed to the deck and chucked the pile into the wind, allowing the (yesh, hair is bio-degradable) flowing gusts free him from more burdens and expectations he had placed upon himself. Getting away from home... the perfect persona his father made him live up to, had not taken away the misery. So he had made himself more miserable. He was a changed person, a different person. No longer foolish. No longer... he bowed his head in shame, his face burning, a stupid person with odd tendencies for making people enjoy his company... He smiled and watched Milotic jump into the air, seem to smile at her master, and then dive back into the ocean's depths.

It felt good to swim in open waters. Coda was a tough Seadra; she was just as happy in freshwater as salt, and she could even deal with dry land for a bit, but there really was nothing like the bracing freshness of the sea. Kadence always tried his best to ensure that she didn't have to stay cooped up in her pokeball constantly, but carrying a little inflatable kiddie pool that she had to fill herself just wasn't quite the same thing as limitless blue. She had noticed a few water-types sharing the boat's wake, as well as some other strangers milling around on deck, but for the time being, she kept to herself. Stretching her fins was the important thing. She challenged herself to try and outswim the boat, jump up level with its portholes, hit the third one from the left with a Bubblebeam with her eyes closed while swimming backwards. She kind of wished Kadence had left her with her with her Scope Lens. It wasn't a good accessory for the beauty category and she had kinda broken the Splash Plate she used to have before, but she was always extra-careful with her lens. She'd always had good aim, but the lens made it much easier. She could probably hit the dragons flying over the ship if she had her lens. Maybe Kade was coming back to bring her lunch and also her lens? She couldn't see so well from down in the water.

A particularly wild leap carried her a good distance out of the water, though it didn't bring the welcome sight of her trainer. the Seadra belly-flopped with an awkward splash, resurfacing a moment later. She was sure she'd seen somebody, even if she hadn't seen Kade's headphones. Coda waited eagerly, just in case it was Kade and he had food, but she was in for a real disappointment. Instead of lunch, she got a bunch of hair drifting down in the wind -- and right into her face. She let out a dismayed squeal and vanished beneath the water, shaking the long strands off of her face. She resurfaced just in time to see a Milotic ahead of her, leaping about and smiling at Lord Hairtossington of the Gross Table. Ugh, Milotics. They were all you ever saw if you competed in the beauty category, and somehow the transition from skinny fish to eyebrow-worm had inflated their egos to massive proportions. Well, if that was her trainer that was pitching handfuls of clippings into the faces of innocent Seadras, Coda would have a few things to say about that. "Hey, you! Mona Lisa! That your trainer up there? Because I'm about to hack up a Smokescreen all over his face if he doesn't apologize! Doesn't he know it's rude to throw hair at people?"

---

Coda wasn't the only one completely destroying the mood. Mere moments after the small dramaplosion, along came Kadence, Solenne, Marziale, and Andante, all struggling to cart in Adagio. The scooter wheels were squeaking in protest of their burden, making a quiet, graceful entrance all but impossible. Kadence didn't seem too deterred by the immensely awkward situation he had just strolled in on. Rather, he hauled his Pupitar over near the table and dropped himself down casually into the seat that Juliet had occupied mere moments ago. He slipped his headphones off his head and instead placed them onto Adagio's; the poor guy had always been bashful, and he was awfully self-conscious about his new body. Puberty and evolution had a lot in common. Music helped sooth Adagio, though, and Kadence could go without his tunes for one meal.

"Hey," he cheerfully greeted Dabil, only slightly short of breath for hauling a Pupitar from one end of the boat to the other. "Is that your Altaria? Awfully pretty bird. What's she called? Oh... and for that matter, I don't know if I caught your name. Kinda stupid of me earlier, introducing myself but not learning your name in return." It was fairly obvious by listening to him that in spite of his earlier act, Kadence was quite plainly Andante's trainer. The Quilava wasn't the only one excited by the tournament, even if he was the worst at hiding his enthusiasm.

And speaking of... Andante was more hungry for entertainment than lunch. Juliet had been hoping to meet somebody? Lucky her. The Quilava wormed his way under the tablecloth, taking extra care lest he get an earring caught again. He hadn't been expecting to make friends with anybody but lots of toes, but he did like how it felt like a little fort. He'd never be able to do this kind of thing as a Typhlosion! The fact there was a Delcatty already there was just a lovely bonus. He, of course, launched into full-on blather mode immediately. "Hi, flower-tail-kitty. I'm Andante! I belong to Kade. He's the guy with the brown hair and the headphones. These are his shoes right here. Whose shoes do you belong to? It's really neat under here, isn't it? I feel like a cave explorer or a spy or something, listening in on like... Team Rocket discussing evil plans and the lunch menu. Yeah, I like the sound of that. Wanna be my spy sidekick? We can have cool stuff like a pokeball that shoots out a big net and lipstick that shoots out lasers. Pew pew!"

Marziale pondered joining Andante under the table for a moment, but decided against it. She didn't wanna get stepped on, and anyway... she wanted lunch! The little Togetic plopped herself down on Kade's shoulder, small hands toying with the beads of her necklace as she grinned down at Adagio. He couldn't sit up with the people like she could; the chairs probably wouldn't hold his weight. He was happier down there, anyway, away from all the attention. Kade was probably playing his favourite songs for him; Adagio was a gangsta at heart, so nothing took away his worries like a little Wu-Tang or Fiddy. Marzy could never stomach it, herself, but that was why she was up here with all the nice people.

As for Solenne... he didn't like the look of this dining room. Kinda... shabby. Probably served sandwiches or cheeseburgers or something. He knew for a fact that Kadence had hand-made Pokemon food in that massive bag of his; a healthy diet was critical for a contest Pokemon, after all. Solenne had to maintain a slender figure, keep his white bits gleaming and his green bits vivid. The Kirlia gave Adagio (who was bobbling slightly in time to the beat) an idle pat on the head as he passed. He could take a leisurely stroll, admire the ocean view, get to know the ship, then have a nice, relaxing lunch in the privacy of Kade's room. Which was room five, by the way -- being a psychic Pokemon was a very wonderful thing indeed.

[size=8pt]So, Kodent had been running for a few minutes. With a Gallade on his back.
Maybe it was more of a sprint.
At any rate, now was the time that he was pooped, and sat in the most convenient place, thereby unceremoniously dumping Theseus onto the deck behind him.
Recognising that lots of running on low amounts of food was bad, the taller of the two helped his quadruped friend onto his feet and began peering into all the rooms they walked by in an attempt to find the dining hall. Belle had mentioned lunch on the bow of the boat- wherever that was.
Thus resulting in a slight intrusion of privacy in all the rooms, only one of which actually had someone in it.
That particular room they had hopped away from as soon as they recognised the shape inside as a trainer.
Boy, all this sleuthing was tiring.
After jumping away from two more rooms that smelled a bit like ammonia, they found themselves looking into a room full of trainers and pokemon. And that was a good sign.
Before actually entering the room, the pair stood outside and straightened themselves out- smoothing down Kodent's white fur and brushing any grime off of the gallade's smooth body.
Looking pleased with themselves, they strode calmly into the hall as if the previous scene had never happened.
Ever.

Elsewhere, a pair of dragons were criss-crossing above the boat, and the paler colored of the two occasionally diving under water to refresh itself and often times showering the charizard with whatever watery residue was left on his wings.
They probably would have gone on in such a manner if not for the sudden gust of silver hair that had floated from one of the windows. Curious, both pokemon dropped out of their higher altitude to further investigate.
Down below, a seadra was showing obvious disdain directed more at the milotic swimming alongside the boat than the porthole the silver locks had come from.
Swooping down to glide alongside the seadra, Noble peered questioningly at the water horse as it flailed wildly to get a better look at the person inside. Which, in itself, was strange. He'd always known seadra to have a bit of a temper, but that had never driven them to act so wildly as far as he could tell.
"Are you alright, miss?"

The trainer of these fine specimins was otherwise occupied, having a calmed conversation with the Lucario at her side though it didn't seem as though he was responding.
"That's why you seriously need to lighten up Apollo, be a little more independant."
But I don't need to be.. I can stay here with you, no one can really say otherwise, Belle.
"... You weren't listening at all were you?"
The lucario didn't respond with words, just a blush and a grin as they entered the dining hall to see that two of Belle's pokemon had beat her to it.
The pikachu that had been leaping from Belle to Apollo now perched dutifully on top of the taller blue pokemon, black ears flattening under the yellow body. Slowing her walk to observe the large cocoon seated behind Kade, she eventually took a seat between him and her cousin, snatching the menu he'd been observing with a satisfied pout.
"Have I told you you're a wench?"
"I think you mentioned it this morning."
The boy gave a dry smile in response and folded his hands on the table as he watched the spot where the walls of the hall intersected with the ceiling.
On top of his feet, the jolteon had taken the liberty of making the shoes into a pillow and had curled up at his toes, snoozing peacefully as Rusty made her decent down the legs of the lucario who had taken the liberty of seating himself cross-legged on the stool beside Angel- no doubt an arduous task that he'd managed impressively.[/size]