• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Hunter X Hunter: The Pro Hunters Story

Before Henry had the chance to clarify his honestly limited comprehension on Nen, they were called off by someone named Leorio. Henry smiled at the test.

A running test? Please! My speed's my best trait!

Throughout most of the exam, Henry had been dashing at the front lines, keeping ahead of the good majority of the crowd. That's when Tonpa ran up to Henry, offering him some help.

"Please, I'll do this myself!" Henry said. His ego made him want to keep himself in the lead... but unknown to him, his refusal may have saved him from the Rookie Killer.

The rest of the long jog was fairly dull for Henry, save for the occasional trap he was quickly able to dance around. After three hours, he was a bit tired, but still keeping a good pace.

He had a quick break in focus, glancing over to Yuki. She seemed to be doing fine enough.

Which was when he accidentally stepped on a pitfall.

Adrenaline kicking in, Henry quickly bent himself over, hands on the ground, before he somersaulted into the air. That was a weak trap; how'd I let THAT get the best of me?! After that, Henry realized the slightest bit of concern for his fellow examinees would possibly doom him to other, more deadly traps.

So he just focused on running.

When Leorio decided to make a break to the wall, Henry didn't want to be left behind, so he decided to vault against the right wall and land close behind him. So long as he kept Leorio in eyesight, he was doing fine.

Soon enough, the group arrived at the end. Looking back, Henry noticed Yuki was still with them. That was good. So were the others.

Next was a written exam.

Oh boy.

With a sigh of resignation, Henry took the paper and began to work at it.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Asta sat down and read the test. 'It's not that hard' he thought. He zoomed through the riddles without putting thoughts into it. When it came to the power question he said: 'Any normal it doesn't have to be big and shiny, just a power in general'. Even though that wasn't an answer he turned that much in and waited.

From marathons to written papers, to put it nicely the Hunter Exam was comprehensive and with a bit less 'nice' it was generalized. Entering the exam room Louise was panting, and her brow glistened with sweat. She was no pushover, especially in the department of speed, but where she was blitzing gazelle, others were dogged wolves with stamina that welled forth endlessly. She did not have such limitless reserves of Stamina, such a treck had left her fatigued and most certainly not in the mood for an exam. Still, she set her jaw with grim determination and took a seat, flipping to the first question.

10 minutes passed and Louise wanted to pick up her desk and chuck it at the Invigilator. Riddles? Was this a joke!? She'd run for 5 hours to solve some riddles? What was next rock-paper-scissors? Honestly, she half expected a camera crew to burst down the door and tell everything they'd just been PUNKED. It would be the last successful punking they'd perform as she would succinctly free their deranged heads from their bodies. The future Queen's time was not to be wasted!

Nevertheless, several minutes later she finished her paper and submitted it. After which she took the chance to recover her stamina.

After arriving at their destination at the location of the written exam, Kyle took a seat and looked at his paper. "Darn, I really don't understand riddles." He thought to himself as he scratched his head. "Oh well, guess I'll just do what I can." He added before going to work. Doing the best he could on the piece of paper in front of him, Kyle finished the exam after many minutes and handed it in.

Shea fortunately caught up with the rest of the participants on time when Leoreo announce the next test: written exam. Shea's eyes gone wide. She never took a real written exam before so this might be her first. She's excited for this, even though Paku told her that this section might be her downfall. She read her paper.

You are trapped inside a room with three doors. Behind the first door is a raging fire, behind the second door is a man with loaded gatling gun hellbent to kill you and behind the third door is a giant lion that has been starved for years. Which door you should choose to survive?

This was easier than she initially thought! Of course the answer is the third door, at least she could fight against a lion. She wasn't sure she could win against gun though. Allright, she wrote her answer. There's some more riddles she need to solve and at the end of it she admitted to herself that solving riddles might not be her forte. The internet on Betelgeuse was strictly limited so she didn't has much to read in the first place.

The next section was more imaginative. 'if you can choose to obtain superpower, what kind of power do you want?'. She took some time before she wrote down.

The power to travel through time and change the past.

She chuckled at her own answer. She know her answer mught sounds silly, but... Anyway, she finished the rest of the exam and submitted her paper.

Erik reached the end of the endurance exam without much effort and took a piece of paper containing the written exam. Reading over the riddles that were on the first portion of the exam, the teen wrinkled his nose, the look of disdain once again covered by his mask. Surely this wasn't the entire portion of the exam? Sure, Chairman Netero was rather unpredictable, but riddles hardly seemed like an appropriate thing to put on a Hunter Exam. Shrugging with resignation after a few more minutes of processing, Erik jotted down his answers to the riddles and continued to the next portion.
If you had any kind of superpower, what would it be, and why?
Thinking for a brief amount of time, Erik wrote down his answer and handed it in to the exam facilitator before pulling out his novel from before, paying no heed to anyone or anything around him as he read.

You are trapped inside a room with three doors. Behind the first door is a raging fire, behind the second door is a man with loaded gatling gun hellbent to kill you and behind the third door is a giant lion that has been starved for years. Which door you should choose to survive?

To say that Yuki's expectations had been shaken by this new develop would have been an understatement. True, she expected some form on intellect test given that they were aspiring hunters....but a question and answer fill out seemed to basic. Riddle or no riddle. With a sigh she would think the question over before she provided an answer.

First I would check to see if there was a fourth door or some alternative way out. Such as some secret passage or a window to crawl through. If that is not applicable, I would pick the door with the lion behind it. The starving beast could likely be tricked or swayed with some other source of food, rations or a meal I usually had on hand. Not to mention dealing with a beast, even a feral one, is more doable then raging flames or the speed of high projectile bullets.

Yuki answered the first question as she immediately read the second to herself.

If you had any kind of superpower, what would it be, and why?

Yuki paused at this. There seemed to be no obvious trick or test of character with this on the surface. Then she realized or at least presumed that this was some sort of personality cue question; an insight into the applicants nature. With that she would lay out her answer.

The ability of flight. So I could travel and see the world, explore all the wonderful mysteries and view things from a breath-taking perspective. To be free as a bird...

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
"Ok all you scrubs line up time for the judgement." Killua said as everyone lined up. Asta lined up straight and ready for the answer. "Ok due to your answers and your physical abilities I will tell you if you pass or not and get your Hunter Licenses." Killua said as dull as possible. Picking up his list all his colleagues came over beside him ready to to hand over the licenses.

Passed:

Failed:

"Now everyone continue with your day!"