• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Hunter or Hunted

Sol rushed backward as he, in disbelief, realized that his attack couldn't knock out the Steelix. This time, he ran past the crater he thought was real, and decided to get closer to the Steelix. He rushed to think of a plan to stop the Steelix. I'll try to knock it off balance. If that fails, I'll focus on getting the Vulpix. He darted towards it, using Fire Fang.

Vixi began to hurry as she heard the Cyndaquil speak. Once she had made it back home, she placed him down on some soft moss bedding and began to scavenge throughout her supplies. There has to be something here to help... she rolled a few Oran Berries near him, and hoped that the Rotom would be able to catch up.

Zailia's eyes widened as she saw the houndoom bounding towards her, and barley managed to dodge sideways to avoid the fire fang. Well, that probably did it. No Steelix could move that fast, and he was probably relying on me being slow. Well, I suppose it depends on his intelligence, she thought to herself, swinging her body back round towards the houndoom

Sol was confused as he watched the Steelix bend away from his attack. He was positive there was no way that could miss. There's something wrong going on here, he thought to himself as he readied a Flamethrower to where he had previously attacked.

After punching the random heliolisk, Aiden saw a vulpix running away with a cyndaquil. "I wonder what their doing," he said to himself. "I'ma follow them." He began running in the same direction they went until they got to some sort of home. He saw the vulpix give the cyndaquil some oran berries, and though he is an idiot, if there's one thing he knows about, it's food, so he obviously new that oran berries are used to heal things, which must mean the cyndaquil is hurt. "Is he ok?" he asked.

Oliver came to a place where he was sure the golduck had been. Looking around at the carnage, it reminded him of when he fought that pokemon. But this time he would be ready. There were many other hunters around, so he decided to take advantage of it. So he walked up to a houndoom and pulled out the knife he always kept with him. "Tell me where the golduck went, and I might spare your life!" he exlaimed aggressively.

Zailia's eyes widened, and she quickly realised her time was up. Praying that the cyndaquil had got to safety, she let her form melt away, and be replaced by a tiny joltic. The flamethrower went over her head, and she breathed a sign of relief. Owing to some strange side effect, she was permanently bent down when in this form, but could still walk fine. In short, she was always lying down, but didn't feel it. Zailia crawled under the houndoom, then quickly climbed up his leg and onto him back, her abilities limiting the amount of sensory feedback he got. So, if he checked, all he would feel is a little electric spider

Vixi turned around, startled to hear someone intrude. She shook her head sadly. "He's not very strong... he might faint soon. I'm trying to do all I can," she looked back at the Golduck. "I took him here because it's safer. If there's anything you can do to help him, I think he'd appreciate it.. if and when he manages to get back up."

Sol watched as the Steelix seemed to fade away, and the trees that had 'fallen down' seemed to be less realistic now. He winced as a Joltik crawled over him, ready to attack. Of course, it was significantly smaller than him, so instead, he just rolled over to try to get the bug off of him. Stupid distractions. Just then, a Weavile had confronted him. "The Golduck's gone. Ran off into the woods, near some oak tree." he didn't care for the Golduck, it's the Vulpix he was sent to catch. Using Fire Fang, he attacked the Weavile just in case they were going to use the knife. "And don't even try to threaten me with that knife," he snarled before darting off, hoping he could get to the oak tree, just in case that the Vulpix was there.

Zailia clung on for dear life as her body was scraped across the ground, her form flickering. Thanking Arceus that nobody could see her as the Houndoom stopped shaking, she climbed over to it's collar, and clung to the plate. Literally, under his nose

Aiden thought about what he could do. He really wanted to help the cyndaquil, but he didn't know what he could do. Then he remembered something. In his hand appeared a special potato. The area felt a little warmer with it's pressence. "Give this to him," he said, tossing the potato to the vulpix.

Oliver was expecting an attack, and quickly dodged the fire fang. He watched as the houndoom ran off, probably afraid of him. He would chase it down and kill it, but it gave him useful information and he had a mission. So he ran into the woods towards where the golduck was.

Vixi nodded, a bit confused, though, as she rolled the potato over to the Cyndaquil. She tried to help the rare Pokémon up, especially before any hunters were able to get here. "Try keeping an eye out for hunters," she stated as she looked back at the Golduck.

Sol was already at the tree when the Weavile had begun to run off. He knew exactly where it was and was able to scent the Vulpix right... under it? Yes, it was the same den from before. He began to dig into it quickly. He could see a Cyndaquil, which was the target of others, and his Vulpix. He quickly slid inside, snarling as a warning.

Zailia jumped off of his collar, letting out a snarl of her own as she grew into a bigger Pokémon. A Blastoise, to be exact, which was a Pokémon that she was sure would be a subject of fear from the fire type hunter

Yared was weak at that moment and couldn't move. He tried to put his hands to the ground and push himself up but failed. "Block...the...the entrance," Yared whispered as his breathing started to slow down and he slipped into unconsciousness. His flame shaking and then going out after him.

Aiden looked over at the houndoom snarling at them. "Hi there," he said. "What brings you here?" Suddenly, out of the bushes, Oliver appeared.
"So we meet again, my fire-wielding friend," he said to the houndoom. "I see you've found some targets. That's fine by me, but the Golduck is mine."
Aiden may not be smart, he may not know much about the hunters, he even tried to befriend one, but he knew exactly who this weavile was, and if he hadn't changed, he would backstab the houndoom and take all them of them if he had the chance. "Let's team up against him," he said to the houndoom, still not knowing his intentions. "If we both fight him he won't stand a chance probably. At least I think so."

Vixi nodded and looked at the Golduck. "I have a secret exit, make sure nobody gets in through there." she waved her tail towards it and looked at the Blastoise and Houndoom. Not hesitating for a moment, she knew the Houndoom was after her- but wasn't entirely sure who the Blastoise was. She didn't want to keep fighting them so she used Confuse Ray on the Houndoom to distract them. "We should be okay for a while, negotiating with him won't work unless it's his last option," she said as she looked at the Golduck. "Let's just try to block off the entrances." she rolled a few sticks towards the entrances, preventing the now confused hunter to enter, as she barred them up in a stiff position, using her psychic abilities to keep them in place.

Watching the confuse ray fly into the houndoom, Zailia gave a nod of thanks, then used something she had learnt long ago. She sent a Hydro Pump straight through the fire type, giving what would be an instant KO to it. And, using the full extent of her powers, Zailia convinced the houndoom that he had just been hit by a Blastoise and knocked out. It never lasted more than half a minute before he realised that he was still perfectly fine, so she took the opportunity to switch to her original form and slipped through the sticks. "Thanks for helping me out there. I was worried he was going to go for me," the Zorua said to the vulpix

Still confused, Aiden tried to piece together what just happened. "Why did you do that?" he asked. "He was going to help us. At least I think so." He then realized he was alone with Oliver. "So, um, truce?"
"No," he replied
"Yeah I kind of figured that." So before the Weavile could do anything, Aiden threw a real hydro pump at him and sent him flying. When he looked back up, the golduck was gone. He couldn't have gone into the den, because he probably couldn't fit and the sticks were still in place.
Angry at his failure, he decided to take it out on those around him. He walked over to the den, lit a match, and set the sticks on fire, hoping that it would cause the entire den to burn down, taking the pokemon inside down with it. He then walked up to the houndoom, and pointed his knife at his neck, and waited for him to snap out of his confusion.

Vixi, now in shock, watched the sticks light on fire. Angry, she figured who the culprit was and used Psychic on the sticks to have them levitate towards the Weavile, burning him. "We need to evacuate before anyone else finds us. Before that, we need to help the Cyndaquil get into better shape... he's not doing well at all."

Sol snapped out of his confusion and lashed out, attacking everything nearby him. He was lucky to use Fire Fang on the Weavile and decided it would be fair to keep attacking. He hit the knife out of the Weavile's grip and growled lightly, not entirely wanting a fight, knowing he could be attacking the Vulpix he sought for.

Oliver was lucky enough to dodge the sticks, but was surprised by the houndoom and was hit by its attack, and then lost his grip on the knife. Now he was staring at the houndoom, not knowing what to do. Then he got an idea. He threw some sand from the ground at it's eyes and ran, after picking up his knife from the ground. He would fight back, but he neede to find the golduck before anyone else did. Besides, the houndoom was trying to catch the pokemon in the hole, so there would obviously be a fight, and either way, at least one of his enemies would lose.

Blackthorn huddled tighter under a bush, staring at what had happened in the distance. It was too far away to see clearly, but he could see vague forms and attacks moving around. He shivered and frowned, trying to remember what he was sent to catch. "Hopefully not a Poochyena or something." The sick looking Simisage grumbled, attempting to hide the red parts of his body and coughing as he did so.

Yared started to wake up again, but still felt very weak. He noticed an oran berry beside him, he stumbled over and took a bite of the berry. It immediately gave him a pump of energy and made him feel as good as new. He glanced around in a faze in search of the Vulpix that helped him, she was right beside him and seemed to be distracted with whatever was outside. It hasn't quite hit Yared quite yet, about the situation he was in. He stood up and started to stumble around.

Xia moved quickly and carefully through the forest. For as long as she could remember she had people who wanted to catch her because of her strange coloration. Every once in a while the Absol looked over her shoulder to see if anyone was behind her. Xia knew this forest well, and she was confident she could outrun or outwit anyone after her. Still, Xia was cautious in her ways. She had walked some distance before she had almost tripped on a Pokemon. "Oops! Sorry." Xia said quickly.

Viral looked around. He flew away from the scene. He arrived at a tree. He flew up to the top. "This'll do. The hunters won't find me here..." Viral said. He looked up. Viral sighed.

Zach got unconcious for a really big time, losing his prey, so he decided to go looking in the top of a tree, it was at this moment he noticed a tree, with a little fire on it, he realized the vulpix from before on it."The Cyndaquil might be there too.Well, that is going to be a big walk."As the meowstic was walking, he was collecting berries for helping with his health.Frox was walking in the forest, as she saw a strange looking absol, it had a fur in a shiny silver color, the Fennekin decided to approach and befriend.As she walked closer, the Absol almost stomped her."Oh hey, wait there!"

"Again, so sorry." Xia said to the Pokemon. She'd almost stomped on a Fennekin. An oddly colored one, but she wasn't one to judge. After all, she was abnormally colored herself. "Are you okay sweetie? I didn't hurt you did I?" she asked. Her dark blue eyes were filled with concern.

Aiden was running through the forest, looking for something. Something he could use. Something that could help him. Suddenly, he saw a meowstic in a tree. So he climbed the tree up to it and said, "Quick, punch me in the face!"

Last edited:
Blackthorn stopped his hacking coughs in time to hear running, voices, and other sounds behind him. "All I gotta do is look like I'm one of those idiots who can't stay quiet. Should be easy enough." He laughed lowly while crawling out from under the foliage and ran on all fours in the direction of the noise, quickly breaking a sweat and panting from his exertion.

The Simisage slowed to a halt upon reaching a spot with an unfamiliar Absol and Fenniken. "Please don't question my red hands, and face, and stuff." He wheezed out and stood back up, wiping the sweat from his ashy colored eyebrows.

"Where is the cyndaquil? Down here?" Suddenly spotting the hunted Pokémon, Zailia ran towards him and attempted to lift him up, but didn't manage to hold it for more than a second owing to her small size. "Could you please help me? I'm simply not strong enough to hold him."

Hated started to finally come to as he was being assisted by the concerned Zorua. "We need to run, whilst everyone's distracted," Yared said as he started being able to stand by himself again. He took a deep breath as he tried to get a perfect mindset again.

Adrenaline pumped through his body as his survival instincts kicked in. He is usually nervous and lacks confidence but there was no room for hesitation at this moment. He turned and roared at the other hunted. "Let's go!" Gesturing to follow him and charging at a direction.

"Uh... ok i guess..."Zach was confused, but punched the golduck that just approached, trying to not make it too strong. "Why do you want this?Also, my name is Zach, you are a...Kinda strange golduck." The tricky meowstic started to get an idea.
The strange absol was apologizing to Frox."No problem, Im okay."As she was saying a tired looking Simisage approached from them, talking about the red on it fur. "That's okay.What are you guys names?Im Frox." The Fennekin bowed itself.

"Name's Xia. And trust me when I say I'm usually not this clumsy." Xia said. Xia glanced around. There didn't seem to be any hunters around at the moment, though that could change any moment. "Pokemon like us always end up attracting attention, whether we want to or not." she said, partially to herself.

Viral flew out of the tree he was in. He was wondering, would it be easier to just turn himself in to the hunters? Then, Viral remembered what his dad said to him before he was taken away. "The easiest way isn't always the best way," He had said. The very next day his dad was captured. Viral's mother had left the forest in hopes of not being captured. Viral had stayed, wanting to stay. Viral sighed, remembering his parents. That was the worst day ever.

Yared turned to the Zorua as his flame got lit immensely on his back, whilst he continued to run. "Away from here, then we'll go from there," Yared replied as they started to get quite some distance from the hunters.

After being punched, Aiden's emerald seemed to become a deeper green. "Thanks," he said. "Being attacked by those I don't consider enemies can substitute for sleeping for me for some reason, and at the moment I can't really afford to sleep since theirs a weavile trying to capture me since people will pay like a b'jillion dollars for me or something. I'm not very good at numbers. I'm Aiden by the way."

"You are welcome." Zach took a phone like device from his backpack and took a picture of the strange Golduck in a sneak way, then sent it to his master.The meowstic could not look away from the shiny emerald on Aiden's Forehead.Zach smiled."Why would them pay all that?Because of this green gem of yours or what?"

Aiden thought about what Oliver ha been saying for a while. "Sort of," Aiden replied. "Apparently my emerald is the source of my power and if is was detached my life would slowly wither away. And since it's the source of my power I'm stronger than normal golducks because the universe considers emeralds better than generic red gems. It also gives my an awesome ability!" He holds up his hand, and in it's palm a potato appears. "I can make special potatoes. I've heard them say things about how since I can make infinite potatoes they can just keep selling them infinitely and become super rich and stuff, but I just like potatoes." After saying this he begins eating the potato, and his emerald begins to glow brighter for a few seconds.

Joey watched the Meowstic and the strangely colored Golduck from a tree a few feet away. It seemed that the Golduck already had a hunter's Pokemon on him. 'So much for bringing that one in to my master.' thought the Meowth. Joey shook his head. Then he looked around to see if there were any other strange Pokemon he could bring to his master.

( @Gpig5 )
Volt stalked the Cyndaquil and Zorua from the undergrowth, swiftly keeping up with the pair and watching them with his x-vision. The Heliolisk scurried a few feet ahead of the two and leaped out, using Thunder Wave on both to immobilize them.

Last edited:
An excited Female Pokemon trainer, with a pretty pink dress and long blonde hair being complimented with a posh pink hat on top, was casually strolling through the forest when all go a sudden, a Cyndaquil and a Zorua sprinted past her. She gasped in shock and she considered herself lucky to find such rare Pokemon running past her.

But that was just at first glance, when she inspected the rushed Cyndaquil, she noticed the flames on the back of it was a different colour. She considered her luck to be unmatched st this moment and reached down into her bad to get a Pokeball with the intention of catching the Pokemon.

Yared glanced over at the trainer as he was running past her, usually he is usually terrified of humans but he had bigger problems at this moment and the possibility of her being a bandit was too much to risk. So he had no intention to ask for help. However, suddenly a powerful shock consumed his body which made him come to a halt. His feet dragged along the floor a couple of inches and then Yared fell forward, being Paraylzed by the Thunder Wave.

The trainer gasped once more and had more concern than joy on her mind. She then started to wonder what was it or why would have something done that?

"Alright, if so, you are going with me." The meowstick used thunder wave on the golduck, after it, took a rope on his backpack and tied him. "Sorry, but I can't let you pass out." After it, Zach started to carry the Golduck to the city where his master was.

That human is going to ruin my plans, Volt thought. Volt kicked up a Sandstorm to distract the trainer, and then he crouched down and scurried up to the Cyndaquil. "Finally," Volt hissed.