• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Hunter or Hunted

Discussion Thread and Character submissions: https://pokecharms.com/threads/hunter-or-hunted.15962/

Yared slowly stumbles through the forest, frequently glancing behind and around him, to see if someone followed him, he thought he got away for now but he can never feel safe ever again. He sniffles as he tries to hold back his tears of fear and anger. His small hands were held together as his nervous body language become more easier to read. Miniature black embers started to trickle down from his back, he kept a lookout for anywhere he could shelter out for tonight since it was turning evening.

Peeko Finally flies away from a hunter that was chasing her for a hour."Finally.....got..away..i need to rest for a second..."Peeko said before passing out.Meanwhile a little sandslash was running(ill add him in soon) from the same hunter that tried to catch Peeko before."YAHH! NUUUUU I DON'T WANNA GET CAUGHT!"Sammy said as he hurled into a bush.

Yared gasped in shock as he heard screams and yells from nearby, he shuddered as he thought of the possibility of it being the same hunter as before. He turned and started to sprint the other direction as he tried to get to a safe distance and hope that he didn't get seen. He went behind a tree and sat down, he sniffled before letting a cry and streams of tears down his face, as the stress and the paranoia seemed to have caught up to him and was getting a bit too much for him.

Vixi ran around, darting from tree to tree, looking for any signs of humans or suspicious activity. She twitched at the loudness of a Sandslash and spun around to face him. "You're going to attract attention by yelling like that." She stared at Sammy with a stern look and turned around, her tails waving as she walked away. After walking past a few Caterpie and lots of Pidgey, she made it to a tree with a den dug nearby she called "home". Slipping in silently, she spat out a small fireball to keep her warmth. It was small enough to not give off too much light but enough to keep her decently warm.

Master wants them. I'll get them all. Sol looked up, his nametag brushing from side to side. Sol's trainer had sent him out because it wouldn't be obvious he was a hunter. The forest seemed bland at first, just 'commons' as his master had told him. Master doesn't care how strong they are, either, Sol thought as he looked up to see a Jolteon hop from tree to tree with incredible agility. He wouldn't think they are rare. The scream of a Pokémon made him lift his ears up in hope and confusion. He hid in the bushes to see a shiny Pidgeot. Yes! Master would love this one! Right?

Peeko heard crying and decided to find the crying pokemon."Hey you ok kid?"Peeko asked as she appeared behind Yared."i got away.."Sammy sighed as he appeared from the bushes to see Peeko and Yared."Huh?"Sammy said.

Yared whimpered, wiped his eyes and sniffled his nose. He then got startled by a sudden appearance of a different looking Pidgeot, Yared flinched and tried to stand up but stumbled over the tree root that came out the ground slightly. Yared then curled up in a ball, shuddering in fear, at the possibility of him being caught but being frozen with fear.

Peeko wrapped her wings around Yared and softly said"You're ok...ill keep you safe."."P-Peeko?"Sammy Stuttered."Sammy...hello again old friend."Peeko greeted with a smile.

Yared couldn't hear anything as he was trying to block out as much as he could since his senses was getting rather overloaded. He let out a whimper and then a loud cry as the purple and black flames started ferociously grown on his back, in an attempt to scare off any threats, it was his default defense mechanism that he often used just to get others away from him.

Peeko's wing set on fire and she freaked out."OW OW OWWWWWWW!!! OUCH!"Peeko Yelled as her wing burned."Here i can put sand on it!"Sammy Said."Ok...."Peeko Whimpered.Sammy put out the flame and then Peeko hugged him."Thanks"Peeko said.

Yared glanced back with wet eyes to see the hurt Pokemon, react to the flames. Yared was still rather freaking out so he did what he could and sprinted off again, as he made some distance, he started to think that maybe that the Pokemon wasn;t as bad as he thought and he started to feel guilt from hurting the Pokemon. however, he was too much of a coward to turn back and he kept walking forward, with his dark flames tamely lit on his back.

Peeko and Sammy Sat down watching Yared run off."I just wanted to help.."Peeko Sighed."Hey it's fine at least your ok i thought you were gone..after what Lavagon did to us...."Sammy Growled.

As Yared continued to stroll through the forest, his eyes started to become heavy and his body fatigued. He started to drag his small feet across the ground. He looked around as he urgently needed to rest after running non-stop for two days straight practically. Yared noticed a tree that was hollowed out and that he could enter inside, the entrance was his size, so anything that was bigger than him couldn't enter. He crawled through and dropped to the ground, quickly falling asleep and started to get his long awaited rest.

However, there was something nearby that was on the hunt for him.

Peeko and Sammy Find a Tree and hide to fall asleep."Night Sammy.."Peeko said as she layed down and lay a wing on Sammy so he wouldn't get cold."thanks...night Sw....Peeko"Sammy Stutters as he dosed off.

The sky went dark and it became night. Gronka was calmly walking through the forest looking at the ground, tracking tracks that might be from the Cyndaquil that she was requested to capture. However, there were a few tracks leading to multiple trees, making it impossible to know which one it leads to. So she climbed on of the tree and patiently waited for her target to exit the tree. She hid in the shrubbery of the trees so she couldn't be seen at first glance.

Aiden was walking through some forest, bored, as usual, looking for something interesting. He was about to climb a tree to get a better view of the area, when he noticed another pokemon. It was a frogadier hiding in a bush, who looked like she was waiting for something. Not thinking of what it could cause he walked over to her. "Hi there," he said. "Why are you in a bush?"

This was the forest. The forest where Oliver would catch that Golduck for once and for all. He saw it's footprints on the ground and new where it went. Now it was all a matter of finding him. And considering the fact the he's red, it would be too hard to accomplish.

Jolt was running away from bad people who had previously captured and tortured him his dear friend whom he failed to protect was killed by those people

Jolt soon got lost and soon stumbled upon a old tree where he proceeded to hide without knowing the Pokemon sleeping upon that same tree"*pant*pant* I *pant* think I lost em" as he wispers to himself and slowly faints of exustion under the already ucupied tree

Last edited by a moderator:
(@Gshinx Be careful with the misspellings)

Volt stalked through the undergrowth, hunting down that Cyndaquil with the magnificent black and purple flames. The Heliolisk blinked and his blue eyes began to subtly glow. There it is, Volt thought, looking through the shrubbery. He caught sought of two more Pokemon, a Frogadier and Golduck. Volt nimbly scurried through the shrubbery until he came to the spot where the two Pokemon were. "This one is my prize," Volt hissed, gesturing to the tree the held the Cyndaquil. "Back off."

Aiden heard the Heliolisk as he spoke and turned around. "Oh, hello," he said. "What's your name? Are you two looking for the same thing? Because I'm confused. I'm also hungry." Suddenly in the palm of his hand, appears a potato, which he starts eating. "Do you want one?"

Oliver was running toward where he new the golduck must be. He would capture it, after causing it as much pain as possible of course, and then bring it to his master. He new there were other hunting pokemon in this forest, but that didn't matter. If they tried to take his target, he would just kill them.

Jolt woke up from his nap to hear someone whoosh passed the tree he was sleeping under "who was that" he said as Jolt ran after him following about ten yards behind him wondering if he'll notice him

Gronka ignored the Golduck even thought it was a rather intriguing colour, she had to focus on getting the Cyndaquil before she runs off and getting other Pokemon. When the Heliolisk came along and declared that the Cyndaquil was his. She realized that he knew which tree the Cyndaquil was in and pointed towards it. Gronka turned to the Heliolisk and smiled sternly. "Thanks for the help," Gronka added before dropping off the tree, landing and sprinting towards the tree that the Cyndaaquil was helplessly sleeping in.

Sol darted around the forest, in search for the Vulpix his master desired. There were other Pokémon- he could hear them. Some were loud. Some were... oddly quiet. Just then, his hopes rose as he saw a fire nearby a large, sturdy oak tree. The fire was dim, it was fading away, but he could see it. Sol began to dig into the den that the Vulpix was in, ready to attack.

Gronka reached the hollowed out tree that Yared was sleeping in. She could hear his quiet, adorable, snores from inside, her sinister smile started to grow from cheek to cheek as a water Pulse started to grow in her hands. However, she was then interrupted by a message from her master. She took out her gadget and read the message.

"Gronka,
There's been an update. We have received an offer that has more money that that freak of a Cyndaquil. There are other hunters in that same forests, that have gotten the same offers. I need you to make sure your the one that brings back the Cyndaquil and not any other Pokemon. So be a bit more cautious and tactical with your approach,"

The message ended suddenly. She looked around with an assertive look. She then remembered about the Heliolisk from before, that threatened her. She took a mental note that Heliolisk was one of the Pokemon that master was on about.

The sun started to rise and some of the wild Pokemon started to become lively again. It wasn't safe enough to capture it now, just in case others decide to become a hero. So she climbed the tree and decided to wait for an oppatunity for the Cyndaquil to be alone.

Sunlight crept thought the entrance of the hollowed out tree, which started to wake up his body. He was rather relieved that he didn't wake up in a cage and in the same spot that he fell asleep at. He slowly and cautiously peeked out of the tree and looked around to see if the coast was clear. His breathing pattern became quicker and quicker as the paranoia and anxiety started to come into play oncemore.

Volt blinked once and spied the Cyndaquil poking it's head out of the tree. The Heliolisk chuckled quietly and leaped from his hiding spot, flaring out his frills and hissing, "You're coming with me! Resist and I won't hesitate to cause you pain!"

"Aaahhh!" Yared unleashed an ear bursting cry of terror as the Heliolisk appeared. The black and purple flames lit intensely on his back as started to sprint away from the evil doer. "Heeeelp me!" Yared cried as he sprinted away.

"Godammit!" Gronka cursed and leaped from tree to tree following the Cyndaquil.

Vixi was instantly alert when she heard the Cyndaquil cry out, and spotted the Houndoom. Luckily, she had her own escape route in case anything like this happened. Sliding right through a smaller hole, she looked around, for any signs of the Cyndaquil or other hunters. As she began to sprint away, she spotted a Frogaider and a Heliolisk ready to grab the mouse-like Pokémon. Without hesitation, Vixi used Dark Pulse on both of the hunters and ran after the Cyndaquil, hoping to help them.

Sol watched as his target escaped, and anger filled him. He began to track their scent- his target certainly was clever and witty, and not slow at all. Surely they must be somewhere. Nobody can hide from me. He ignored the other hunters, knowing that he already had his eyes set on his target. The cries of a Pokémon rang out, lifting his spirits. Surely they went to follow it. He began to track down Vixi, and spotted her running after the Cyndaquil.

D

Deleted member 227971

(P.s. Elins name is pronounced E-Leen)
Alex crept running, not sure if he could escape the Hydreion, who was now gaining up on him.
"-Just take him out!-" Said Elin.
"No" Urged Alex.
"-If I was in control of our body now, I would literally kill that Hydreion-"
"Well your not, Elin, And there's nothing you can do until sunrise."
"-Fine-"
The gaining hydreion was now out of breath, and giving up, Few, they were safe.
"Wait" Said Alex, cutting the silence. "I see someone.."
Alex squinted, trying to see who the figure was and wether or not it was after him.
"Wait...a cyindquil?..?"
Alex was stopped suddenly and lifted up.
"-Oh goody! My turn! NOW WAT THE HELL IS THAT YELLOW THINGY IN THE TREE? IM GETTING IT, Wait it's a Hunter! In need to save that cinderqill!-" Said Elin as the transformation ended, bringing her to the ground. She started to rush up the tree the helioisk was in and bit his tail.
"LEAVE THAT CINDERQUILL ALONE!" Hissed Elin.

Gronka got hit by the Dark Pulse and got launched quite the distance since it was a direct hit. Gronka hit her head on a tree and got knocked out.

Yared heavily panting could hear the attacks from behind him, he glanced back still running forward and so the dark pulses being launched at the Frogadier from earlier and the Houndoom. He then tripped over his own feet since he wasn't paying much attention and stumbled over, smacking his face on a rock beside him. He could struggle to stay conscious as he felt like he got a pretty bad concussion. His flame got pretty tame and he attempted to stand up again, but struggled quite badly.

Viral looked around. He zipped through the forest. He heard a cry. Viral dashed towards the source. He saw a Cyndiquil. Viral let out a "Zzt!" of shock. The Cyndaquil was different. Was a hunter chasing after him? Viral looked around. He hoped to see a hunter. He couldn't see any. He dashed over to the Cyndaquil. "Zzt, you okay, Zzt?" Viral asked. His fan started to run. It happens when Viral was frightened.

Zach was hiding behind a bush when the Cyndaquil started running, he didn't expected other hunters to be there, as the Heliolisk scared the Cyndaquil.He knew he was at a terrible speed disvantage, so he used thunder wave in the heliolisk."Sorry, but this one is mine."
The meowstic started running as fast as he could, ready for using a moonblast in the Cyndaquil and injure him."You are mine in a few seconds."

Yared glanced up at the Pokemon that approached him. He took note that they didn't attack him, so he assumed that they wasn't a hunter. "He...Help me," Yared said weakly as he stumbled around, dizzy and fazed from his concussion.

Vixi growled as she spotted the Meowstic. "You're not going to hurt anyone! Leave this guy alone!" she prepared a Shadow Ball, ready to launch it at the hunter. She released her grip on the magic sphere, hurling it right at the enemy. She wasn't going to stop there, though. Getting in a stance for battle, she was prepared to keep battling.

Sol barked in pain from the Dark Pulse. He got back up slowly, thankful he didn't get knocked out. He was still able to see his target from a distance. I'll stay close enough, but with some distance. They'll never be able to see it coming.

Viral heard blasts going on. He turned. Viral spotted the hunters. "Zzt!" He exclaimed. Viral looked back and forth. He threw an Electro ball at the hunters. Viral didn't have the best aim, so he hoped it would hit them. Viral looked at the electricity as it flew.

Zailia, in the guise of a Pickipeck, had been watching the fight for a few minutes and decided to step in. Summoning the memory of a Steelix she had met a few years back, she appeared to come out of nowhere to an onlooker, crushing several trees to add to the effect. Of course, in reality she was just standing on the ground, but that was the beauty of illusions. Zailia roared at the hunters that were nearby, and began to move towards them, slowly

As the sound of attacks flooded his ears "whats going on" he shouted as he saw the cyndiquil and other Pokemon as attacks flew passed him

He watched as trees began crashing down around him looking up to see the steelix he slowly backed away as the iron Pokemon destroyed more trees

Pride flowed throughout Sol as he saw the Steelix. He was a fire-type, he wasn't afraid of steel types. Of course, trees seemed to be collapsing all around. But he wasn't afraid, he wasn't afraid of anything. He fired a Flamethrower at what appeared to be the Steelix, but in reality was just an illusion of one.

Vixi sighed in relief as her pursuer was distracted by a Steelix. Hopefully, this would distract the Meowstic so she could stop fighting and help the Cyndaquil. Licking the knocked out Pokémon a few times, she looked over at the Rotom. "We should get him somewhere safe," she said as she looked down to the Cyndaquil. She remembered her home was still empty, and still had a fire lit. "I'm going to see if I can manage to take this Cyndaquil to my home. You can come too, I think it's safer there." She picked up the Cyndaquil and began to rush, worrying about what could happen if they were caught.

Zailia grinned to herself as the flamethrower flew far above her head, and through where the Steelix's body would be. She made a small change to make it seem like the stream of flame had hit her harmlessly, then sent an 'Iron tail' into the ground next to the fire-type, creating a massive crator in the ground.

As he got carried away by the Vulpix, he started to slowly ease into unconsciousness, as the concussion started to take into effect. His body started to become limp but could make it long enough to reach Vixi's hideout. "...help," He said weakly again.

At the momment, Aiden was completely confused. There were pokemon everywhere, one was destroying stuff, and a strange looking cyndaquil seemed to be the center of attention. So he decided to do what always seemed to work. He punched the nearest thing to him, which just so happened to be a heliolisk. "Sorry," he said. "No idea what's going on."