• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Humanity (Sci-Fi Dystopian Apocalyptic Roleplay Discussion.)

Life was once great in the year 2300 a new century was starting the world had finally gotten rid of its global warming problem, Mars was colonized, and the world hadn't had a huge war in a whole century. Life was great until the Tadankshi virus first hit in Japan. It seemed like it was just an easily exterminated disease that as long as you kept it in specific conditions it would die out in a week. However, it rapidly adapted to that and started mutating in ways unseen by having many different stages that were all different. In 10 years the disease had already spread across the whole world, depleting the population by half and killing all of whom were on Mars. Governments collapsed, people started going insane, and the disease was incurable. It kept mutating in such a way that it started turning people into mindless blood-lusting monsters(zombies but instead of eating their prey they only want to kill). It had seven stages that go all in order that had no tell how long each stage would last:
0. You do not have the virus at all.
1. A slight fever with a cough. Slight paranoia and depression. (Most common stage as it most likely takes the longest.
2. Mood Swings, Slightly More Paranoid, Suicidal thoughts and Tendencies. (3rd most common.)
3. The first Grace Period, It usually just sees slight mood swings and coughing. (2nd least common. Is usually quite short)
4. Mucus in the lungs. Slight Twitching. Back to bigger mood swings. Hormones go crazy. (It means you are more prone to wanting love) (2nd Most Common)
5. Sleepiness, heavy coughing, Suicidal thoughts, tendencies, and even attempts. May go into a coma if resting for too long and will skip stage 6. (The middle)
6.The Second Grace Period before it goes downhill. It has no symptoms except when it is finished the person who is at this one's end will go into a spasm and then into a coma for a few weeks. (3rd Least Common)
7. After the Coma is done the person will awaken foaming in the mouth and the first person it sees it will want to kill until it takes its final breath. It will not stop until it kills that one person. It will move on to the next person and the next and the next until it dies.

In this now dystopian world ruled by clans, bits and pieces of what's left of governments, and murderous stage 7s lives you. What path will your character take in this story?

The Clans: These are people looking out for themselves and themselves only. Crime lords usually rule them and they are dangerous.
The three biggest Clans are:
Roaches: These are the lowest of them but have a lot more people. They mostly believe that they are the ones who can't get stamped out of the equation by the governments, the other clans, or the infection.
Hues: The richest of them all they live the high life and don't really care about much but will kill anyone who gets in their way of fun.
Patches: The most radical of them all. Will kill anyone and have known to cage 7s and let them loose to gain territory. They are the most terroristic and believe they should be the last one standing and will die for that cause.
Where the story starts: You are in a government bus rolling towards a humanitarian shelter. You are going through Patch Territory.
Rules:
  1. Usual Pokecharms Roleplaying Rules.
  2. No controlling the story. (Don't make problems that involve your characters all the time. And don't try to be a part of everything. It gets kind of annoying.)
  3. No OP characters.
  4. Don't skip time at all. This could ruin a perfect spot for a plot point, make the timeline all messed up, and generally annoy some people. (Especially me.) Ask before you time skip in case other people are doing something. (We will ask you to delete the post that may have broken this rule.)
  5. Be Active.
  6. Please be patient with others and don't double post.
  7. Please have decent grammar.
  8. Be patient with the creator he is only really on at night so you may need to find other ways to pass the time when he's out.
  9. Don't go too far with a relationship keep it to kissing but nothing too explicit.
  10. When making a character make it original. (Blatantly copying a character. You can have some things that are based on a character such as personality.)
  11. Do not make your own story inside the roleplay. I may permit it if it is exposition and is in one post explaining how you got there.
  12. Have at least three lines in your first paragraph and if you change paragraph, unless if it's a quote, it must be at least two lines.
  13. Try not to argue. If it gets too out of hand I will try to break it up as best I can. If you believe a person is treating all of the other characters unfairly please do directly message me.
  14. Try to keep the blood and gore at a minimum. PG-13 guys.
  15. Whenever a post is directed to under 4 people mention them in your post so they know it's for them and it may help them post faster.
If you do not follow these rules I will directly messaging you the way you did not follow the rules and will give you a chance to fix it. If I have to constantly remind you of the rules I will kill your character off and you will either be asked to make another character or you will not be able to roleplay here anymore.

(If there is anything you think I could add go ahead and ask if I would like to add it.)

Bio:
Name:
Stage: (Cannot be 5, 6, or 7 [If you would like an explanation please ask.])
Personality: (Please try to include how they are affected by the symptoms of the disease.)
Backstory: (Optional. Can reveal in the story. If you are creative enough and can do it well.)
Physical Appearance:
Skills:
Affiliation: (Neutral or Clans[Must specify which Clan])

(If there is anything you think I could add go ahead and ask if I would like to add it.)

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Name: Clara Bennings
Stage: 0 (for the moment)
Personality:
Upon first meeting her, you could think Clara is remarkably good at denial. Even though the world has gone to a dystopian mess, she's always remained chipper and positive - and sometimes even convinces herself to the level that it's genuine. A truly loving soul, nothing can convince her that the world won't go back to normal soon. Or so it appears. She hides her fear and anxiety behind this peppy facade, and deep down she knows the world has gone to hell.

With most people, she seems unusually bouncy and sometimes even hyper. Even beneath her optimistic front, she cares deeply about others and puts them before herself - sometimes even to a fault. It's only to the people that she trusts most that she'll reveal her true emotions to. Seeing as those people are all dead, it hasn't happened in a while.

Backstory: Revealed in RP
Physical Appearance:
Clara has wavy blonde hair and blue eyes, and stands at the fairly average height of 5'6. Her outfit consists of a faded light-blue sweatshirt-hoodie with black jeans and blue running shoes. Visible on her are several scars - mostly scratch scars - from all the attacks she's survived (not necessarily from Stage 7s, often by other survivors), although she hides them, usually wearing her hood up. They're most prominent on her arms and legs.
Skills: (Maybe this is too many, but I intend to tie it in with her character. She's survived on her own for a long time, which I doubt would be possible without a lot of skill.)
- Agility: Back when the world was normal, she was a skilled competitive gymnast. That skill hasn't faded.
- Stealth: Ties in with agility.
- Charisma: She finds it very easy to get along with people.
- Self-Defense: She has remarkable physical strength.
- Scientific Knowledge: If you knew her back when she was in school, you would know that she was the school nerd. She has an expansive scientific knowledge.
Affiliation: Neutral (Former member of the Roaches)

It did catch my attention, i'll give you that. But there are a few things in the rules that bother me. I understand your views on it and i agree with most rules. But making your own story inside the roleplay is something i find is necessary sometimes (for plot points and character development). I don't see a particular goal with this roleplay other than surviving for as long as possible and possibly find a cure for the disease in the future. The roleplays that don't have plots thought out for them die pretty quickly. Also, i don't know if i can be as active as i'm required to be. Would it be one post a day unless your OC is trapped? Then i might be able to but i can't make any promises. The last thing is, when you say 'make your character original', do you mean that we should make a completely new character? Like, none of our normal OC's?

@EeviumZ Accepted
@Killerbunny the god The first rule could be worded differently but as I look at it more it might not even be necessary for this roleplay seeing as I want it to be more free-flowing and just follow the major plot points. (Which I do have.) The story will be of the children finding a new home to stay in and it backfiring many times and then they will eventually find a cure. And when I say original I just mean it cannot be blatantly based on a character from a TV show, video game, or movie.

@EeviumZ Accepted
@Killerbunny the god The first rule could be worded differently but as I look at it more it might not even be necessary for this roleplay seeing as I want it to be more free-flowing and just follow the major plot points. (Which I do have.) The story will be of the children finding a new home to stay in and it backfiring many times and then they will eventually find a cure. And when I say original I just mean it cannot be blatantly based on a character from a TV show, video game, or movie.
Oh okay. That clears it up a bit. But just to be annoying, i'd like to point out that the term 'OC' means 'original content' or in this case it would be 'original character'. So even if it would be heavily based on someone from a tv show or movie to the point where it's completely obvious, it still an OC xD

Last edited: