• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How to Catch Meltan Revealed In New Footage

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
GO_Meltan_EN.jpg
Two new videos featuring the newly revealed mythical Pokémon Meltan have been uploaded to the official Pokémon YouTube channel. With these we've learnt how we'll be able to catch the new Pokémon and that it appears to have another forme or evolution? Check out the videos below for more!

The first trailer gives us a catch-up with Professor Oak and Professor Willow, who seem to have figured out how to make Meltan appear! Between this (and the official press release) we've learnt that in order to catch Meltan for yourself you will first have to trade a Pokémon from Pokémon GO into Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! or Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! Once done you will obtain a mystery box, which once opened gives you the chance to catch Meltan for a limited time.

Once closed the box won't reopen for awhile and you'll have to trade between games again to reopen it time has passed, but it does mean that even if you miss out the first time you'll be able to have another go at catching this new Pokémon!

The second video released today gives us a look at Meltan in the real world, causing all kinds of michief but it also reveals that there is more to the Pokémon than we first thought. It appears that Meltan has either a new forme or an evolution, which has yet to be revealed.

We'll keep you updated on any more news that pops up surrounding Meltan!

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Sigh Why must getting Meltan rely on having PoGo? What I'm really hoping is that when Gen VIII roles around next year, Meltan is an early game distribution at Lv5-15 so I can use it on my main team. I'll be terribly disappointed if the only way to get it is transferring from PoGo to Let's Go to Gen VIII.

My sister-in-law has deemed Meltan's new forme/evolution Buffnut. Until it has an official name that is what I shall call it too.