• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How much of your life have you spent playing Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Inspired by this thread, how many hours have you spent playing Pokemon?

I think for me it's, roughly:
Sapphire - 115 hours
Ruby - 45 hours (Game 1) + 40 hours (Game 2) + 10 minutes (Game 3)
Colosseum - 70 hours (Story Mode), 30? hours (Battle Mode)
Leaf Green - 80 hours
Fire Red - 50 hours
Pokemon Channel - dunno as it doesn't keep count, but probably about 40 hours. I played it for 12 hours straight, one night.

OK, so that's 470 hours... or 19.5 days :shock:. Which, as I only got my GBA at Christmas last year, is a bit... worrisome.

Most of that Pokemon-playing was on the train or bus. Honest. I don't play it at all at home, really.

Waaah! :shock:

On a positive note, it makes my Pokemon addiction seem quite cheap in financial terms. I've probably spent around £200 on Pokemon games and merchandise. £200/470 hours comes out at 41p per hour. Now, what other hobby can you pursue for a "mere" 41p per hour?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, considering that I've been playing since '98... I'd be afraid to add up all my play time from Generations 1 (R/Y/B) and 2 (G/S/C). Since I have all the 3rd Gen games on hand, though, a rough outline of my playtime (not countings the Japanese verisons) would be:

Ruby - 164:44 (Sorry for the BIG mistake in the other topic... Bad memory recall :oops:)
Sapphire - 110+ (Multiple resets. Give or take 15-20 hours)
FireRed- 50:31
LeafGreen -19:58
Colosseum- Story Mode - 63.51 (Game 1), 20:00 (Game 2); Battle Mode: ***

***: No idea really. I've cleared all the level 50 challenges and have battled up to 75 in Battle Mt. Also played around a bit with Gang battling and the Quick Battle option...

All in all, not that much game-time compared to some people. University just doesn't give me the same amount of free time that high school did ^^;

I couldn't even begin to guess, but I'll take a stab at it.

Yellow - Probably around 100:00 or so, took less time because I just used Pikachu all the time. Played through three times, but only up to Cinnabar the second time and Saffron the third time. We'll guess another 50:00 for the both of those.
Gold - My cousin restarted this, so I don't know how long I spent on it. My guess would be around the same as Yellow. Then I restarted and played again, so we'll add another 50:00 hours, being conservative.
Crystal - We'll guess the same as Yellow again, since my sister restarted. I'm beginning to see a drawback to having only one save file.
Sapphire - 370:03
LeafGreen - 161:41
Colosseum - After 99:99, it stops counting, so I don't know. Maybe 120:00, but probably not much longer.

Adding these estimates up, it makes 1051:44, or 43 days, 19 hours and 44 minutes. I've probably played longer than all of this, but I have no time machine to verify.

That's only 0.674% of my life!

I usually spend most of my time playing the pokemon games for the game boy like the yellow one with pikachu in the front and the one that had charizard on the front i play leaf green alot also.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Major topic revival. x_x Warned, Tessa. Just the date before posting, this topic died in 05.

Status
Not open for further replies.