• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How many tries did you take to eimgrate all your Pokemon?

Since you're to get all 6 of them in one time, how many tries did everyone take?

I'm a timid guy, I don't dare to move my 6 over without asking :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since you're to get all 6 of them in one time, how many tries did everyone take?

I'm a timid guy, I don't dare to move my 6 over without asking :p

I think I know what you're asking, but that second sentence confuses me. What did you mean by not daring to move your 6 over without asking? Scary sibling controlling the game or something? XD

Anyways, I've Pal Parked countless times (at least 40+ times, if not 60+...) and am still not finished transferring over all of my wanted Pokemon. It'll probably take me at least another 20 tranfers or so to do it all... Just gotta stop being lazy and do it. XP

Well... I'm not planning on transfering ALL of my Pokemon. Just the ones I need for the dex. And possible my Battle Frontier team on Emerald. So far I've done at least 20 Pal Parks on Pearl, and I'm done, for the most part. On Platinum I'm almost done, and I've only done a couple Pal Parks.

Well I keep my legendaries and other strong pokemon on Emerald (though they are cloned and their clones are sent to the newer games XD). But something just doesn't feel right about taking all the Pokemon away from the game. As if I'm afraid if I'll come back to the game and it will all be gone....

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I have a DSi... So none.

You've never had access to a DS Lite?

That's... sad, for a Pokemon player D: (Unless you didn't play gen 3. Then it doesn't really apply x3)

Also, sounds like I'm the opposite of Sarge (possibly Sunny, too).

I personally want ALL of my trained Pokemon transferred to gen 4, because otherwise they'd just sit on my gen 3 games and rot. The problem is, I have A LOT of 'em (owned/played through every gen 3 game plus Colosseum and XD - most of all which I played through at least twice with full teams of 6 or more members), plus a handful of Pokemon that were bred/raised specifically for Pokemon Colosseum's battle mode. Leaving any of my team members behind would seem wrong, even if there are a lot of 'em... I love them all ;-;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, what I meant was the 6 on my hand in LG, I just can't bear to emigrate any over, I'd cry if I don't get all of them out :-[

OOoh. You mean you're worried they could get stuck in the park?

Since all park balls used in the Pal Park act as Master Balls, there's nothing to worry about when migrating your teams. You could even check an online PokeDex in advance to figure out exactly where they'll be hiding in the park. There's no risk of losing 'em at all :) (Not unless your game glitched up... XD)

[quote author=Random-Hero link=topic=6022.msg99314#msg99314 date=1241564805]
I have a DSi... So none.

You've never had access to a DS Lite?

That's... sad, for a Pokémon player D: (Unless you didn't play gen 3. Then it doesn't really apply x3)

Also, sounds like I'm the opposite of Sarge (possibly Sunny, too).

I personally want ALL of my trained Pokémon transferred to gen 4, because otherwise they'd just sit on my gen 3 games and rot. The problem is, I have A LOT of 'em (owned/played through every gen 3 game plus Colosseum and XD - most of all which I played through at least twice with full teams of 6 or more members), plus a handful of Pokémon that were bred/raised specifically for Pokémon Colosseum's battle mode. Leaving any of my team members behind would seem wrong, even if there are a lot of 'em... I love them all ;-;
[/quote]

No, I have been around from the first gen.
The thing is... I'm 17, so when I was playing Pokémon Sapphire around 14 I think... I can be honniest and say, I was playing at my worst then.

Most of my Pokémon are a disgrace and have been given awful moves. Example would be my Absol Lv 75 which knows Hail! WTF.

So yeah... I'll stick to my DSi and Pink Micro. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just not the kind whom's got the patience to try and try till one time I got all 6, esp. when they said legendaries are harder to come out .

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm just not the kind whom's got the patience to try and try till one time I got all 6, esp. when they said legendaries are harder to come out .

It's actually not too difficult to run into all 6, and you do it all within a single transfer. Even with the rarest of Pokemon, it has never taken me more than 7-10 minutes. My suggestion is that you try testing it out - maybe with 6 Pokemon you don't care for if you're worried. You'll probably be surprised by how easy it can be.

Random-Hero: I hear ya. XD

[quote author=twYANGzii link=topic=6022.msg99421#msg99421 date=1241625523]
Random-Hero: I hear ya. XD

Its not all Negitive... I need three more Pokémon for my Dex. :3
Although Miltonic, Kingdra and I think Igglypoof (Yes, I do release I wrote poof)

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Thanks to Pokemon Box, I have all my Gen III Pokemon on Emerald and have been slowly migrating them over to Diamond. This has been going on (extremely on and off) for the past two years though and I'm still not done...

Pretty much all my trained Pokemon are in Diamond now though. I've just gotta work on getting the random catches over to help fill up the gaps in my Dex.

Thanks!
I always misunderstood that there was a time limit or something ::)
Just now I was like, oh forget it!
And I transfer all the 6 of mine over, and I found all 6 within 3 minutes! ;D
Thanks people for giving me the confident!
I'm transferring more everyday now :)

I've emigrated about 5 times, but I need to do it a whole bunch more times.

I hate when I transfer Pokemon, but then forget which ones I actually chose. Then I am just wandering around, wondering if I'm going to run into one any time soon D:

I have transferred from both Emerald and Fire Red more times than I can count.
At this point I have decided to give Fire Red to my sister because I want her to have a Pokemon game (and I failed epically at finding a used copy of Leaf Green). It has 7 Pokemon left on it (my main team and an unown who will be left rather lonely). Tomorrow night is the last transfer.

I have also decided to restart Emerald and I'm in the process of getting everything off. My only fear at this point is that my nicely leveled Linoone will lose his pickup ability and gain Gluttony. (I really need a high leveled pickup and I hope he can become it.)
The main reason I'm restarting Emerald is so I can get a Latias as I chose Latios this time. Really I just have Gen III around for Dex purposes. I'm so stoked that I'm only 5 away now. (come on Arceus event!)

The other nice thing is that it gives me about 6 dozen Poke's a week as fodder for the ranch. I think I'll get my Mew any day now.