• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How long have you been playing the Poke'mon Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing the games since my first poke'mon game/very first v-game, Poke'mon Silver. I've been playing all of the other games since. I have most of them too. Love em all!

My first Pokemon game would have be the rRed version when it was released. I still play that game now.

I was introduced to Pokemon when I was 6. My friend brought Pokemon Emerald to my house, and I just loved it. So about 5 years.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've been playing the games since Red and Blue were released in North America. Pretty sure I was 13 at the time. I've played every main series game since and the majority of the spin-offs.

Well, I got RBY and GS at the same time, but I started with Silver first. I was 6, I believe, so thats 11 years :) However, since my parents would only buy me Gameboy games at the time, I was only able to rent Nintendo 64 games, so I was only able to play Stadium 2. however, with the exception of Ranger 2 and 3, Box RS (not that that even counts), Dash, and Trozei, I've played every game at least once :D

Like Linkachu, I've been playing since the NA release. My cousin had a gameboy color and Red, and he let me play it a bit. I loved it so much that he got me a GBC, Red, and Yellow for Christmas. Needless to say, I was hooked. So since the release, I've been playing Pokemon steadily without stopping for these past...*counts* thirteen years o.O I feel old saying that I've been playing Pokemon since before some of you were born :O

A

Anonymous

My first game was emerald so 5 years. But I've been watching the anime since I was 3.

I also started playing pokemon when I was around 13,like linkachu..my very first game was the firered version that my cousin give to me as a brithday present for me,at the same time buying me a gameboy advance sp..I'm still playing it until today,and got some new games like the ruby version and the pikachu special edition..

I got my Leaf Green version on my 6th birthday, and I instantly got hooked to the games. I've played at least one game from every generation since, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

So, I've been playing Pokemon games for almost 5 years :)

14 years I've been playing, and I'm 17 right now. A good 70% of my entire life I've spent playing Pokemon games, but I never owned one until Crystal version. Honestly, I don't plan on curbing that habit for many years to come! Bah to all who say "you're too old for Pokemon."

I started watching the anime when I was... 5 maybe? But my first game was Gold (technically it was my brother's but we pretty much shared it), which I got when I was 5 or 6. So roundabout 11 years. Quite a while, that's about 70% of my life as well ^^

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue came out and I wasn't even seven when they came out. :x I played Blue, Yellow, Gold and Silver (in that order) damn near religiously for years. Then with the release of Crystal I fell out of Pokemon for all of Gen III.

I got back into the games a year after the launch of Generation IV, wanting to try the games for nostalgia and to play a new Pokemon adventure rather than just replaying my old ones. :> And I'm pretty stuck on Pokemon for the foreseeable future.

I got Gold and Silver for Christmas who knows when. I didn't understand them at first, but I eventually got the hang of it. I remember beating Falkner for the first time and then my Gameboy Color dying. It sucked. I've been with Pokemon ever since.

I preordered Gen III and loved them. I didn't preorder Diamond, but I got it close to its release. I feel like Black and White are the first Generation that I've actually learned about ahead of time. For Gen IV, I saw the Pokemon, but nothing else. I know so much more about Gen V. /rant

Fire Red, shortly followed by Leaf Green were my first games. My brother got the first for his birthday. How I got hooked, I had a friend that lived down the street, and he had a huge backpack. I asked him what was in it and he dumped a ton of Pokemon cards. He gave me some, and for 7 years since I've played.

I started with Yellow when I was like... 8 or so? Then I got Blue, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red, Diamond, Platinum and Soul Silver ^^

So about a decade for me. I wouldn't call them my main game at all, but I haven't really had the whole 'stop playing' idea ever happen to me, I've fairly continuously been playing at a steady pace.

I, uhhhh ... when did Red/Blue come out again? XD I have a feeling it might be older than me :V

But anyway, my brother's been playing since when they came out; so I was exposed to Pogermanz before I could walk :B I think when he got Silver I took his Blue and played from there when I was small (I'm surprised I could play it at all O___O), and I've been playing ever since <33

Yay for being a geek baby ♥

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
All of you, stop making me feel old! >=0

Since the times of Blue and Red Versions I've played. Twelve years and two months since I got my Blue Version that fated Christmas as my very first video game. I never knew how wildly it would change the course of my life. Pokemon is the one addiction in my life that I never want to disappear. It has brought me as much happiness as it has consumed of my time between gaming, Fan Fiction, and this site. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If I recall correctly I have been playing Pokémon ever since Ruby and Sapphire was first released, although I think I am getting a bit bored of Pokémon now. I remember when I didn't have a clue how to play the game at all... those were the good old days n_n

As of this year, I have been playing for four years, though been a fan since Gold and Silver. My first game was Diamond, but it died. My first bit of Pokemon fanart was a Cyndaquil card for a friend back in 2000 or so.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Psycho Monkey said:
All of you, stop making me feel old! >=0

I know how you feel... T-T All these folks who are talking about they only got into the games in Gen III or IV make me feel like a geezer. D:

Absol404 said:
If I recall correctly I have been playing Pokémon ever since Ruby and Sapphire was first released, although I think I am getting a bit bored of Pokémon now. I remember when I didn't have a clue how to play the game at all... those were the good old days n_n

I find this to be rather interesting, the part about growing tired, that is; simply because of how you've been playing for two Generations and may possibly fall out of Pokemon for a bit. That's interesting because I did that back in my youth too. :V (As did a few other folks around here that I know of~)

I've been into Pokemon since I was in elementary school, but I didn't start playing the games until I was about eleven or twelve. Wow...that's nearly half my life lol. But yeah, the first Pokemon I ever played was Yellow, but I didn't really get into it until I played Silver. The rest was history as they say. I always reach a period when a generation is dying where I don't play the games as much, but I always pick up playing again with the new generation. On the other hand I'm always into Pokemon in some aspect be it fanfiction or just chatting about it.

Also I'm very pleased to see that we have younger members getting into Pokemon in the 3rd and 4th generations while the orders members are still into Pokemon. I think that's really awesome because it shows that Pokemon has staying power.

You're like twenty Carmen? O _O

I've been playing since red/blue. So when I was like 5.

I've been playing Pokemon for about six years to be exact, Pokemon has never died on me, I always liked it, until word on gen 4, I totally became obsessed with it.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I've gotten into PokeMon with Red version, sometime in 1999, I believe. G/S were still rumors leaking in from Japan - not even out yet. Bloody hell, it's been over ten years. o_o

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
I've been playing Pokemon for, let's see...started with blue, and gold wasn't out yet, so probably around 12 years. Now granted, I had no idea what I was doing at first, being 4 years old, but somehow I reached the end with a level 80 Blastoise and, absolutely nothing else. Yeah, I was pretty stupid as a kid.

Ive played since i was 6/7 so about 6 years.
Started out with Sapphire
Go kyogre!
kyogre.gif

Let's see :-\...started with Red when I was 4 (I think), so about 11 years. Played all main series games. And Pokemon Colliseum for N64, along with Mystery Dugeon Red and Blue Rescue Teams for GBA and DS.

My first game was probably ruby. My friend showed me it when I went to his house. I absolotly loved it. I went to the local game seller and I asked if they had it. I bought it. Then a couple years later they announced emerald. I bought emerald. Then Pearl came out,I got the game. Again platimum came out. Then I saw heart gold and till today there is black I got. I started around 5years old.

I loved Pokemon ever since I was 5. I saw my cousin playing Pokemon Pearl and I loved to watch. When I was 6, my mom rented "Pokemon: The First Movie" for me. I loved that, too. And ever since, I loved Pokemon and still do, even at 15. (I messed up on my age. :p)

Well got Gold about the same time as it was released, and I was something between 3 and 5. So I've been playin' for quite a while. Made a stop when Gen IV was released, but now I play it on emulator so I've played every game so far now.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I've been into the franchise since I was 4 or 5, but I've never played any of the games until I was 10. I managed to convince my parents to get me a Gameboy Advanced at that age, and, with it, Pokemon Sapphire.

My next few games, in order, are FireRed, Emerald, and Pearl. Then my DS got smashed, and my parents threw my Gameboy Advanced away, so I haven't been able to play the games after that. I do use an emulator, though |D

Status
Not open for further replies.